[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How fucked is my lumbar /fit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1452971594932s.jpg (5KB, 140x250px) Image search: [Google]
1452971594932s.jpg
5KB, 140x250px
pic releated is from yesterdays post by some anon.

I've realised that I've been squating like that for almost two years now, leading with ass, hyperextending my lumbar, adn got my squat up to 418 lsb, how fucked can my back be from all those hyperextended sets ?

On mon planing to go again from square one, relearning the squat, shit sucks.
>>
>>35651346
that pic is pretty small m80
>>
File: 1452971594932.webm (2MB, 368x656px) Image search: [Google]
1452971594932.webm
2MB, 368x656px
>>35651346
>>
>>35651346
You mean breaking at the hips and sitting back?
nigga thats how you squat low bar.
What you think you are gonna bulge a disk through your stomach?
This is why you dont take advice on /fit/ seriously.
>>
>>35651357
yea sry, this is the vid>>35651360
>>
>>35651360
His squat is fine.
That hip break is how you squat lowbar.
Dont listen to fit.
>>
Welp, I've been squatting the same. And I always considered it to be t6he right way, for me it's the only option to keep my back straight through the lift
>>
>>35651361
actually i was sitting back by leading with extended lumabar, which makes it really hard to brace your core, 'm suprsed i got so far th

>like dis>>35651360
>>
File: le inquisitive hamburger.jpg (10KB, 240x193px) Image search: [Google]
le inquisitive hamburger.jpg
10KB, 240x193px
>>35651368
It looks whack because he's squatting high bar with low bar style nigga please.

Also
>418
>those legs
>>
>>35651399
>>35651388
>>35651361
>>35651368

yea man but dat wink there ? That lower back is extended way too much, and I've been doin this with 370 for 8 triples for months on
>>
>>35651424
Wink can be caused by a lot of things and a little bit of wink isnt going to kill you.
Just do mobility work. But leading with your ass is not the problem.
>>
>>35651388
>>35651399
nice dubs
>>
>>35651424
I have a similar problem to you, but I squat much less. I'm just going to do lighter-weight high bar/front pause squats for mobility until I get rid of my wink.
>>
>>35651360
>>35651360
>>35651360

The way you stick out your ass right before going down looks really weird
>>
>>35651613
Actually thats not me in pic releated, but I have pretty much the same form issue, that butt is sticking way too much out, hyperextending the lumbar and killing tightness
>>
>>35651643
alright champ I squat 455. I am trying to tell you, breaking at the hips like that, sticking your butt out, is EXACTLY what you want to do when you squat lowbar.
IT doesnt kill tightness, you are creating tightness in the system, you are stretching the hamstrings. That hip break is probably the most important thing you can do.
You arent hyperextenending your lumbar, you nor the guy in the video. It looks like a hyperextension but your knees are bent, hyperextension occurs with straight legs.
I'm telling you this because you are gonna fuck up your squat and take months before you get back to where you want to be.

If you are concerned about buttwink, which OK yes a lot can be bad, a little is no big deal(classic /fit/), then stretch your hip flexors or dorsiflexion. Those are usually the causes, but for fucks sake dont stop hip breaking and sitting back.
>>
>>35651712
>>35651643
As for that particular anon in the vid, his squat is fucked up because, as someone else pointed out, he is using a high bar position, but low bar mechanics. He's breaking at the hips, but then trying to get his chest vertical.
In the low bar squat, you break at the hips, and while you try and stay up right using your lats, you dont have to worry about keeping your nipples up, in fact, in many cases you should have your nipples towards the floor.
Everyone is different, but what is clear, is that hip break is a fundamental part of the lowbar squat, do not change that.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5zrloYWwxw
>>
>>35651712
got it m8.
one question, in the begginning phase of the squat do you flex your glutes ? I've heard this cue before but when i start sticking my butt out i find it impossible to keep 'em flexed ?
>>
do you lead with your ass on high bar?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.