[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me, 23 year old /fitizen/ >hospitalized because of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: 1404577346606.jpg (332KB, 1600x1422px) Image search: [Google]
1404577346606.jpg
332KB, 1600x1422px
>be me, 23 year old /fitizen/
>hospitalized because of car accident
>fractured sternum, fractured fingers
>get to the paperwork, nurse asks if I'm on any kind of diet
>I'm clean bulking right now
>nurse clearly confused, probably just mirin my discipline
>next morning, breakfast time
>two slices of white bread, light margarine, weird flesh-like sausage, sugary rasberry marmelade

how do I survive this?
>>
>>35650507
Have a family member bring you some of your essentials,
Ask the nursing staff for specific kinds of food instead of this,
Take it easy and don't lift while injured, you'll just fuck yourself up. Legs are probably still fine to exercise but I wouldn't risk abs or anything above that
>>
>>35650507
Dude the nurse meant do you have any allergies or shit that prevents you from eating certain foods.

Get your friends or family members make you food that you want and bring it to you, hospital food is meant to keep you barely alive, not give you optimal nutrition.
>>
>>35650553
>>35650581
my friends and family are all miles away, I won't be able to leave this hell for a few weeks.
>>
>>35650617
I guess your only hope is to squat other patients and steal their food to get atleast some protons in you.
>>
>>35650630
I like your approach, will try.
>>
File: shrug.gif (428KB, 200x183px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.gif
428KB, 200x183px
>>35650617
Maybe you could push for a temp release to get some essentials? Or maybe even an early release. Or you could ask to go to the cafeteria yourself instead of having them bring shit to you, pick your own stuff - I went to a hospital cafeteria lately and they had some pretty decent protein shakes to choose from, which I was surprised about. Also had some fruits, some freshly cooked meat you could order, etc.

Uh, other than that, keep in high spirits. Your broken bones will heal back stronger than before, so you're getting sick SKELETAL GAINS. The injured tissues will probably also come back a bit stronger, though probably not as strong as if you just worked out.
>>
>>35650650
sounds good, unfortunately, there is only a kiosk here, that sells candy bars and coca cola. Will try for the temp release though, maybe they'll understand.
>>
>>35650732
How the fuck do they not have a cafeteria? Have you asked?

If release isn't allowed, just go to a different hospital. This one sounds like fucking garbage.
>>
>>35650769
this is in germany btw, there are a lot of crappy hospitals around here.
>>
order food in
>>
File: Who could be behind this post.png (21KB, 362x352px) Image search: [Google]
Who could be behind this post.png
21KB, 362x352px
>>35650507
Ey meyne, most hospitals I've worked at or visited sell 30g protein drinks in the flavoured milk sections of the cafeteria. I'm in straya though, so it might be different for countries that aren't literally full of lifters.
>>
>>35650800
>>35650881
Oh.
Suck it up then anon, you'll be in there for a week anyway, and you won't be lifting for months in your condition.
Fractured sternum is at least a 5 month recovery time for weights, and it's at the 3 month mark that muscle starts atrophying.

Keep your protein macros up, but don't have any illusions about lifting your 1 rep maxes when you're back at it. You'll lose about 10kg off your lifts.
>>
>>35650911
What exercises would it prevent OP from doing though? Surely as long as he's careful he'll be able to train a little.

Like replace bench with spoto press so he's not touching his sternum, do cable rows for back but again don't touch sternum. And maybe some unweighted planks?
>>
File: 1445045201720.gif (439KB, 269x202px) Image search: [Google]
1445045201720.gif
439KB, 269x202px
>>35650553
I can attest to lifting while injured, even an apparently small thing like a sore elbow. I've had tennis elbow for the last year and a half, I am still on baby weight and cannot push or rotate properly :/
>>
>>35650938
floor press > spoto press

.. but then i never set the bench world record, so what do i know?
>>
>>35650911
>>35650954
you guys make me sad, but it doesn't change the facts, does it? goodbye, gains, I hardly knew ye.
>>
>>35650938
No diddies or benching, he'll feel intense chest compression. Not good when your cracked bones are trying to knit themselves together.
Squatting should be ok, provided the intra-abdominal pressure doesn't cause pain.
OHP would be probably ok as well, but it would be a little dangerous if his fingers aren't up to the challenge.
>>
>>35650954

How long does it take to fully recover from tennis elbow? Just skipped a gym day yesterday, and was starting to feel guilty about having to skip another next week.
>>
>>35650985
Not even floor press? That shit would be miles away from his sternum, no arching either. I don't know, I'm a physics fag not a bio fag.
I can see why no deadlifts though.
>>
the nurse doesn't give a fuck, it's between you and the kitchen unless you have some sort of special diet ordered by your MO/some sort of restriction.
>>
>>35651007
It's not the touching that's the problem, it's the mechanical stress on his chest from the muscles flexing.
Docs will advise him not to do any pushing movements for a while, and what they mean is something as light as opening a door. It will take a long time to rehabilitate enough to bench again.
>>
>>35651021
Ahhh fair enough.

Sucks for OP. Looks like he's gonna have to learn to love OHP then.
>>
>>35651000
Get to a physio. They need to identify the cause of the tendonitis, and whether you are causing more damage or not, and then they can go about giving you a bunch of rehabilitation exercises.
>>
File: carlbusch1900.jpg (18KB, 231x420px) Image search: [Google]
carlbusch1900.jpg
18KB, 231x420px
>>35651027
Old timey strongmen made do just fine

Just relax OP, it'll be annoying, but you'll be able to lift again soon.
>>
>>35650507
get well soon breh
>>
>>35651324
thanks brobro
>>
>>35650507
They don't have food options? When I'm in the hospital you can choose between standard and low calorie and whatever. Can't you just ask for wheat bread and not eat the marmalade?
>>
>multiple fractures
>not getting a fuckton of calories or protein
Enjoy your long convalescence.
>>
>>35651027
I dunno about OHP, for me personally every time I do OHP anywhere close to seriously my sternum and ribs start cracking so I'd bet there's some pressure there too. Heavy deadlifts do the same.
>>
>>35650507
Just saw that many people here are naively recommending any sort of lifting:

Don't fucking lift until your bones are fine, OP. For real, don't lift. It's extremely dangerous, you have no idea. Not even squatting, it doesn't matter that your sternum is not directly involved. There are forces acting on your body that it just can't take at the moment. If you want to lift again, ask a doctor, a real one. Not /fit/. People here try to deduce the answer to questions like that using their extremely limited understanding of human anatomy and physiology. Go to physiotherapy and do some light training to limit atrophy, but don't fucking lift on your own.
>>
lol this thread has truly endeared me to you. i'm sorry for your accident but your positive attitude and sense of humor made me smile

i feel you about hospitals, their food is always fucking garbage. surely they have veggies of some sort? just ask for veggies and protein (and potatoes if youre so inclined). i think youre going to have to say something like bread makes you sick for them to listen to you (they probably will still think youre a stupid liar but itll be harder to say no)

i wish you all the best sir!!!! glucklich tag deutsch fruend
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.