[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

File: yolo.png (579KB, 450x539px) Image search: [Google]
yolo.png
579KB, 450x539px
>sign up for the gym after years of running on the street
>almost every male goes to the weight room yet is either fat or no muscle
>one bro with pretty big arms makes it into the cardio area, gets on the treadmill and only runs on it for 5 minutes before turning the speed down to a walk
>everyone else walking on the treadmill

What went wrong? You want to be fit you better be able to run for an hour straight on the street or on a treadmill, not be some SS idiot. Why when I ctrl+F this board there's 0 results for running or jogging?
>>
>>35629674
if u want cardio. either HIIT or low intensity <120bpm for optimal fat burning. If you jog you put more pressure on your joints but also risk going catabolic.
>>
>>35629724
Source:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2991639/
>>
>>35629674
running is objectively the worst form of cardio.

terrible for long-term joint health.
boring as shit.

enjoy your elevated cortisol levels and nogains.
>>
>>35629674
THIS BOARD IS FOR GAINS! CARDIO KILLS GAINS!
>>
>>35629674
>You want to be fit you better be able to run for an hour straight on the street or on a treadmill
marathon runners look like dogshit.

abs are made in the kitchen, and there are infinitely more and better forms of cardio to maintain heart health.
>>
I know.
Most people only care about how they look, you can't see a strong heart and lungs in the mirror so they don't bother.
>>
>>35629750
what about skipping?
>>
>>35629674
if you want to do cardio do something that doesnt kill your joints
>>
the fact that this board is still named "health and fitness" amazes me
>>
>>35629724
I love doing HIIT at the park. I sprint until I'm tired then walk and enjoy the scenery, rinse and repeat until I get back to my car. I don't take my cardio that serious, but get it in a few times a week
>>
>>35629798
well, you can skip the cardio, and make more gains.
>>
>>35629774

>implying weight training doesn't elevate your heart rate and keep it healthy

kill yourself, oh you already do with long distance running!
>>
>>35629674
Can somebody link this photo to Rich Piana who said you can't have veiny arms with synthol.
>>
>>35629816
it isn't. It's just fitness now.
>>
>>35629847
oh shit yer right. still amazed tho.
>>
Running long distances is actually bad for your heart. Man didn't run long distances, he walked then sprinted when it was necessary, and certainly not every day.

Weightlifting increases your heart rate momentarily which is better for its overall health
>>
>>35629821
This tbqh.
>>
>joins gym to do something he's already doing in a better place
>Criticises people trying to use weights because they are still starting on their fitness journey
>Guy "makes it into" the cardio area, and therefore probably just doing cardio as a cooldown after a weight workout. "lol get on my level noob runner!"

Why are so many joggers pretentious fucks?
>>
>>35629870
>Man didn't run long distances, he walked then sprinted when it was necessary
This is literally wrong and the complete opposite of our evolution.

Cheetas and tigers were made to sprint not us. You can easily see this by how every fucking animal on this planet outruns us.
>>
>>35629925
You're gonna tell me man was meant to go on marathons? If that's the case then how come marathon running damages your heart
>>
>>35629966
long distance running is the only way to actually be fit and prove that you are in fact worth a shit. It doesnt explode or damage your heart, it strenthens it
>>
>>35630009
Enjoy your heart muscle scarring
>>
>>35630062
the studies show that this occurs to people doing extreme amounts of miles per week and/or over 100 marathons in a lifetime. also to lab rats.
>>
>>35629966
>You're gonna tell me man was meant to go on marathons?

Yes, we're the best long-distance runners on the planet. The reason we could hunt animals so well is because of our ability to jog.

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2012/06/long_distance_running_and_evolution_why_humans_can_outrun_horses_but_can_t_jump_higher_than_cats_.html
>>
I have asthma and the instructors will kick me out if I wheeze my balls up
>>
Do you know how fast a bear can run?
Pretty damn fast.
If you were attacked by a bear, your ability to run isn't going to save you, because it will catch you before its endurance runs out.

I on the other hand will continue to get aesthetic, and seduce the bear instead.
I hear bears like muscles.
>>
>>35630233

I remember watching a thing about a bear wrestling contest once. Dude after dude would get in the ring and try to wrestle this bear and lose. Then this girl gets in and basically just gets the bear to lie down on its own by petting it and talking nicely to it, thus winning the contest.
>>
>>35630304
Did she fuck it after?
>>
>>35630304
It's a possibility then.
I just have to hope the bear is gay.
I wonder if that's common.
I'm going to go google gay bears to find out.
>>
>>35630381
>>35630233
post pics
>>
>>35629966
We as a species used distance running to exaust the animal we were hunting. That was before we were smart enough to build better hunting tools but hey, it worked. So stop making excuses. I swear, for a fitness related board this place sure is filled with lazy fat fucks.
>>
>>35630835
>HIIT once or twice a year
>no treadmill, ever
>weights only
>>
Op how do i stop chest from hurting after only 3 min of going 8mph on tred?

>wana be able to make 1.5 miles under 12 min.
> current is 13min.
>writing this as i shave the massive chafing of ass cheack hair after running on the toliet
>>
>>35630969
keep at it, keep your chin up, put one foot in front of the other
>>
>>35630381
Don't be a discriminatory shit, it could be a female bear for all you know.
>>
>>35629674
> What went wrong? You want to be fit you better be able to swim for an hour straight in the pool or in the open waters, not be some runner idiot.

eh?
>>
>>35629674
Cardio kills gains. You're wrong, everyone else is right.
>>
File: f7dadf228700a3fb82d04bd8c5ba03f7.png (353KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
f7dadf228700a3fb82d04bd8c5ba03f7.png
353KB, 1000x1000px
>>35630233
>>
>>35629847

Should be renamed self loathing & narcissism.
>>
File: phallic.jpg (235KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
phallic.jpg
235KB, 1920x1200px
>>35630381
>google gay bears
>>
>>35631198
Source?
>>
>>35630381
>n-no homo
>>
>>35629674
>>35631036
>What went wrong? You want to be fit you better be able to salsa dance for an hour straight on the dance floor or in a spicy competition, not be some swimmer idiot.

eh?
>>
>>35629771
>hour
>marathon
Pro bodybuilders also look like dogshit. You can't judge by the extremes, tardo
>>
>>35629870
Do you speak about things you know nothing about all day or just here? Man only survived because he could hunt prey endlessly until it couldn't run any more.
>>
>>35630233

Someone post the webm of the bear chasing the deer
>>
>>35631407
>only survived because
No
You're an idiot
Don't talk about human ecology/evolution
>>
>>35629925
>opposite of our evolution
>thinking their are opposites to evolutionary traits
Please don't talk about evolution
Just because you remember your high school bio class and know who Darwin is doesn't mean you have any remote idea of what you're talking about
>>
Was it rape /fit/?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzwbOZKfrUQ
>>
>>35631511
>increased protein
>leads to increased brain development
>literally the only competitive advantage humans have
Sit down
>>
>>35629674
Cardio is only good for health. It makes you look like shit.
>>
>>35629674
I hate running, I can cycle for hours and hours though.
>>
>>35630189
Our ability to sweat, not jog. It's about temperature regulation.
I also believe its a crock of shit, ridiculously inefficient method of obtaining calories. Do you know how fucking long you have to chase a gazelle before it gets tired? The only evidence for this theory is that some tribes in Africa still do it, but they aren't exactly the pinnacle of evolution.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.