[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Biceps How the hell do I get mine to grow? I have been doing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

Biceps

How the hell do I get mine to grow?
I have been doing 4x10 curls twice a week for a good 2 months now and I have had near zero progress and my arms STILL look DYEL.

I can bench 120kg for sets of 8 reps
I can OHP 70kg for sets of 7 reps

But my bloody biceps look like shit.

Suggestions? Anyone else have biceps problems?
>>
>>35568792
Eat more
>>
>>35568792
Do 21s
Hammer curls
Concentration curls
Pull ups
Rows
Deadlifts
/thread
>>
File: ScoobyApproved.jpg (196KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
ScoobyApproved.jpg
196KB, 400x400px
>>35568813
my favourite rows are the dorian yates style, complete, dead hang ROM and underhand grip.
>>
Do your vertical and horizontal pulls with an underhand grip. And then follow it up with your curls.

Be sure all your eating and recovery stuff is in check.

If they're not growing significantly (but theyre growing a tiny bit), just accept it. Arms dont grow fast. The biceps are a small muscle. It's been said it takes 10lbs of LBM gain through your whole body for your arms to grow 1 inch. That's like a years worth of gains. If youre training and eating optimally, your arms would be expected to have grown 1/6 of an inch. Not even a quarter inch..

So.. be patient. You wont have huge arms overnight.
>>
Rich Piana actually gave good advice on this, and I can vouch for him through my experiences. Do 3 sets of 100 hammer curls before bed. Get 15 lb weights and just crush them out. Don't worry about ROM, just keep constant tension and in his own words, "BOOM, BOOM, BOOM".
>>
>>35568792
How much are you curling now?
Drop the weight and do more reps. Cut your rest periods down
>>
Drop set preacher curls
>>
>>35569198
I do 12kg 2 sets of 10 to warm up

Then I do 14kg for 3 sets of 10 or as close to 10 as possible. I tend to hit 9 on the last set.

This is with strict form doing dumbbell curls.
>>
>>35568813
21s are great
>>35568792
I also recommend doing bb curls (1 set wide narrow then normal grip)
Do more reps then 10 imo
>>
>>35568792
My arms look pretty balanced imo
I do biceps twice a week
My curl isolations are done at the end of my work out
3x12 hammer curls
3x12 bb curls
>>
>>35568792
>2 months now

Try waiting, 2 months is nothing
>>
>>35568792

pull-up's
Then do weighted pull-ups
Then do heavier weighted pull-ups.
Then add a little more weight on your heavier weighted pull-ups.
>>
Be manlet 1xF

Really though, just make sure you're doing a lot of curls. Don't listen to the "muh deadlifts work everything" idiots.
Hammer curls and normal (dumbbell) curls are the key.
I also like to do the curl machine after a workout to the point of burnout, feels good man plus that pump is unreal.
>>
>>35568792
21s, hammer, and preacher
>>
>>35569746
What if that just makes your brachialis and back grow? What if your biceps become dwarfed by your wings and popeye forearms?
>>
Caloric Surplus
More resistance
/thread
>>
>>35569780
>muh deadlifts work everything
Literally no one here would suggest deadlifts for working biceps. Lemme guess, you're the guy who gets butt flustered at people who say deads are enough for their core?
>>
>>35569645
>Drop the weight and do more reps
Someone complaining about not having big gunz after two months is probably someone who needs to ramp up the weight, since he clearly hasn't been lifting for that long. You're not gonna get big arms doing 20 reps of 25 pound dumbbell curls.
>>
>>35568854
He tore his bicep doing those. Frauds pls go
>>
I just kept switching up my routine to see what would work. I would do a couple of weeks with high volume low weight and high weight low rep, lots of different exercises and then finally just a few.

what ended up working for me was just 2 sets of 8-10 reps hammer and preacher curls. And then weighted chinups 3xF. This is what gave me some actual growth.

We are all different and what works for one person might not work as well for another person so play around and give it a little bit of time.
>>
>>35569198
Anyone else here have experience with drop sets? Do they actually work for muscle growth and strength? It seems like it wouldn't do much more than help with endurance.
>>
>>35568792
Why 4x10? You aren't even pushing your biceps. Go up 10 lbs and do 3x6.
>>
File: EZ-Curl-Preacher-Curl.jpg (185KB, 999x520px) Image search: [Google]
EZ-Curl-Preacher-Curl.jpg
185KB, 999x520px
>>35568792

Same issue and now my shit has exploded.

Do this and thank me in two months:

As well as the heavy compound pulls you should be doing aka lat pull down/weighted pull ups/row machine/cable row (don't bent over row if you want more bicep action)

No cheat curls

Strict form always

-= 1st Exercise =-

Use EZ Curl bar like in pic. Bicep curl is not a compound movement it's an isolation so needs to be performed like so otherwise you engage the traps, delts and lower back into the movement.

Do pyramid sets going up and down 30-90 seconds rest maximum in between like so

20, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 8, 10, 12, 15, 18, 20

The weight dictates the reps so if you can do more reps up the weight but

-= 2nd Exercise =-

Alternating Seated Incline Dumbbell Curls.

Bench must be set at a 45 degree angle.

When you start the exercise your arms must be hanging down in a neutral position completely relaxed. 180 degrees at the elbow.

Curl up one dumbbell on one side with the focus of externally rotating your hand so your thumb points outwards towards the floor and squeeze for a second at the top.

Let the weight back down until both arms are at the bottom again.

Repeat on the other side.

Do pyramid sets going up and down 30-90 seconds rest maximum in between like so

20, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 8, 10, 12, 15, 18, 20

THIS SHIT WILL MAKE YOUR BICEPS GROOOOW
>>
>>35568792
Am I the only one who thinks preacher curls are extremely uncomfortable?

Feels like my bicep tendon would tear immediately and I can never get a good starting spot
>>
>>35570274
I also find this. I feel it very awkward and I can't that sweet spot like you do for squats, deads, OHP, bench.. ect..

Sort of feels clunky and wonky
>>
What's the best ROM for hammer curls? Touch shoulder? elbows more forward at the end?
>>
>>35568792
>get more clean protein
>when going down GO SLLLOOOWWWWWWW
>squeeze the bicep on way up
Keep at it faggot. Also pushups.
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 368x408px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 368x408px
>>35568792
Do a whole workout just for arms twice a week. Get a biceps pump every night before bed.
Thank me in 6 months.
>>
>>35568792
>4x10 curls
>twice a week
>2 months
found your problem
>>
>>35569978

Then do chinups
>>
>>35568792
Don't be afraid to cheat when curling but only keep it manageable. Don't use your whole body to cheat. I can hammer curl 50s now barely cheating and can do 40s without. Also hit your arms 4x a week if you really want to grow. I personally like to go heavy as possible with the curls for the first like 5 sets and then drop the weight and concentrate on form THEN follow up with some cheat curls with higher weight.
>>
tfw i get pain in the inside of my elbow while doing curls, what is this anons?
>>
>>35571302
Don't troll the kid, chin-ups won't do shit
>>
>>35569131
He also said to not eat anything and go straight to bed afterwards so you dream about your arms growing...
>>
>>35568792
>Not doing 8 hour arms workouts
>Expecting your arms to grow
>>
>>35568792
Rows and pullups
Lots of them
>>
File: 1452380723066.jpg (45KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1452380723066.jpg
45KB, 600x600px
>>35571320
>chin-ups won't do shit
>>
>>35570024
Uh
>>35568813
Literally no one eh
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.