[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scoliosis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: Mild-thoracic-scoliosis-300x267.jpg (21KB, 300x267px) Image search: [Google]
Mild-thoracic-scoliosis-300x267.jpg
21KB, 300x267px
Anyone here have experience lifting with Scoliosis? Is Starting Strength still a good program?
>>
Ive got mild scoliosis but ive been lifting hardcore, nothing has happened yet.
>>
Yes, there are cases where deadlifts and squats (if done correctly) will help straighten the spine a bit.
>>
File: ddp.jpg (14KB, 320x230px) Image search: [Google]
ddp.jpg
14KB, 320x230px
I recommend DDP Yoga in conjunction with lifting. It's done wonders for my back.
>>
>>35538503
Gf has scoliosis. I made her a routine she can do at home, doesn't involve heavy lifting though. In the year she did that every other day, her scoliosis got much better and is now almost gone. She's a whole inch taller now, which is great, as I like tall girls.

So anyway, I'd suggest you go slowly, but do it. Chances are you'll improve your condition by a lot.
>>
>>35538675
Wait, what? Your program made your gf 1 inch taller? Did it actually straighten the spine or she just fixed her posture? If she actually straightened her spine, that's amazing and I want that program, now.
>>
SS would be a shit program because it has you doing that retarded lowbar squat that hides mobility issues and teaches you a movement pattern that is only of use for doing that squat and nothing else. If you already have a fucked spine, the lowbar squat is going to be even worse for you
>>
>>35538730
>movement pattern that is only of use for doing that squat

Go away Nadi
>>
File: IS1_0002.jpg (2KB, 105x128px) Image search: [Google]
IS1_0002.jpg
2KB, 105x128px
>>35538503
i had morbus scheuermann which is pretty similiar to scoliosis, and I can tell you no exercise could've fixed it for me. Scoliosis fucks up your spinal discs, so you can't lift heavy without making it worse.
The thing that helped me was surgery, grew more than an inch and I can finally exercise properly.
pic related, just get it done and start lifting once you're healed
>>
File: DSC05643.jpg (156KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DSC05643.jpg
156KB, 1024x768px
I had my spined fused because of scoliosis 8 years ago. I have been lifting for 3 years now. Shit ain't easy, but i gotta do what i want to do so i can live happy.

PIC related. It's me.
>>
>>35539153
That's a fucking cool pic, got any more?
>>
>>35539153
Do you squat or deadlift?
Fellow fused spine here (10 vertebrae)
>>
>>35538503
My legs are 2,5cm uneven and I got some scoliosis
Good advice would be to take it as slow as you need to. So if it hurts, take care of it, and always lift with good form, i.e. better than 90% of normal deadlifters and squatters.

If you take it slow, grind in the technique, you'll be able to lift just fine. Do heavy rows to help your back keep it together when you do deads
>>
>>35538503
The only thing that would inherently be bad for you is deadlifts. And as long as you keep your core tight, you should be fine until you get to really heavy weight
>>
it depends on the amount of scoliosis you have and what causes it. surgery can be your best option but it can also be your worst option. you should consult a professional.

for me, not a severe scoliosis but enough to cause some back pain. my scoliosis is structural, caused by leg length discrepancy. i now have an extra insole in the shoe of my shorter leg to compensate for it and with that i can do everything fine. i just needed someone to watch me squat cause in the beginning i had trouble keeping the bar properly aligned (both looking from behind and from top of the bar). now things have p much healed up.

also google lamar gant for some inspiration.
>>
File: lamar-gant-scoliosis.jpg (27KB, 490x388px) Image search: [Google]
lamar-gant-scoliosis.jpg
27KB, 490x388px
>>35539199
>The only thing that would inherently be bad for you is deadlifts

he still has undeafeated deadlift world records in two weight categories
>>
File: lamar-gant-deadlift-bench.jpg (37KB, 490x287px) Image search: [Google]
lamar-gant-deadlift-bench.jpg
37KB, 490x287px
>>35539232
>dat short ROM due to back compression
>>
>>35539199
I have chronic back problems, scoliosis, tilted pelvis, and ribs rotated sideways, and deadlift is the only lift I can do comfortably. I deadlift 165kg and front squat 70kg
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.