[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quest for a clear complection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 1438860365998.jpg (141KB, 750x1072px) Image search: [Google]
1438860365998.jpg
141KB, 750x1072px
I've been bulking since the start of sweater weather in late October, and I've been making all kinds of gains. I don't know if it's the cold dry air, or the weight gain or my diet or what, but I'm a 22 year old man and my skin is right now worse than it has ever been. I already wash and moisturize my skin twice a day, but don't do anything else.

I was wondering what tips and tricks you guys would recommend to get that silky smooth look :^)

>side question:
I've heard that drinking milk causes acne, and I drink a shit load of it on bulk. Is this true and what could I replace it with that has similar macros and caloric density?
>>
>>35520381
Forgot to mention that I drink 1.5 gallons of water a day in addition to any other fluids. I know staying hydrated also helps.
>>
File: 1451462057092.jpg (197KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1451462057092.jpg
197KB, 1080x1080px
>>35520381
Don't keep your secrets to yourselves you silky skinned assholes. Help me!
>>
File: 1451501926849.jpg (38KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1451501926849.jpg
38KB, 480x480px
bump
>>
>>35520381
Get something with salycilic acid that is formulated at the correct pH. I use Paula's Choice BHA Perfecting Liquid which is pricy but makes a huge difference.

An AHA lotion helps too, Alpha Hydrox brand makes good ones, also at the correct pH.
>>
maybe i just got lucky and my skin cleared up, but my face would react with cleaning products pretty bad sometimes and end up giving me a bigger outbreak so i stopped using everything.
All i use now is warm water, facial scrub every couple days, followed by cold water. my skin has never been better
>>
>>35520381
If you think it is hormonal acne try cutting all dairy (including whey). I did this recently and saw drastic improvements. If it could be a hygienic issue try changing the pillow sheets every night or sleeping on a towel. There are better sites for this kind of info though. Try beddit
>>
>>35520426
too bad she has crazy eyes
>>
>>35520426
>balding
>butter face

disgust
>>
File: 1450972975146.jpg (336KB, 931x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1450972975146.jpg
336KB, 931x1600px
>>35521357
>>35521354
>>
>>35521357
>balding

ok this shit is getting out of hand. you faggots think everyone is balding. next thing you're gonna tell me brad pitt is balding because of his slightly receeded temples. fuck off m8 with your shit posting you faggot cunt.
>>
>>35520468
That girls assume is shooped right?
>>
>>35521567
Ass*
>>
>>35520381
Milk, processed foods especially proceeded dairy . in my case I get acne like mad if I eat chocolate dark or milk . desu different ppl have different triggers
>>
how often do you wash your pillow cover if you have one? try washing it once a week.
>>
File: frank z fi fle.jpg (34KB, 338x517px) Image search: [Google]
frank z fi fle.jpg
34KB, 338x517px
>>35520381
>Wash your sheets and pillowcases every week you dirty fuck
>wash your clothes regularly
>Shower daily
>Wash your face 1-2 times a day throughout the day if your face feels oily
>Don't use any of that acne medicine shit they sell at the grocery store and for the love of Christ stop using that moisturizer. It is probably dirty/full of chemicals and even if it is not its blocking your pores up and could be the biggest cause of your acne
>Drink at least 2 liters of water a day and exercise regularly

And stop eating like shit. You are what you eat.
>>
>>35521073
Dude, fuck this advice. I can't say that this works for everyone, but try not to put all this acne medication on your face 'cause your skin becomes dependent on it. I used to have acne and tried everything. Lush was the only thing that fixed it.

Vitamin C helps a lot...so I eat a grapefruit every day (or half if I'm cutting). I exfoliate every 2 days. But the key is my moisturizer (Lush Enzymion). Just go into the store and tell the hot chick working that if she fixes your face, you'll take her out to dinner. She'll laugh, you'll get your face fixed, you'll have a date. Did it myself lol
>>
>>35520381
oil from your hands block the pores on your skin and create breakouts on your face if you touch your face a lot, so try avoid touching your face.
also recommend supermarket face masks, they work pretty well if you don't mind having your face smelling all fruity, they worked pretty good for me.
ease up on the moisturiser and clear up your skin before getting that glow.
Good luck man
>>
>>35521724
Fuck that advice, too. If your face is oily, you don't wash it more...because then it just over-compensates and becomes more oily. You have to listen to your body in all aspects of life.

If your face is oily, it's because your skin is initially too dry (I'd be willing to bet your skin is more dry than the average person after just washing your face).
>>
>>35521787
There is such thing as too oily. Oil blocks pores and causes acne. That's also why you don't want to use moisturizer as this just makes your face more oily and causes more pore blockage.

And if you are in your late teens/early twenties your face is pumping out oil like a crisco factory, so your face will generally have enough moisture naturally as long as you are drinking enough water (not soda, water).

If you actually have standing oil on your face its time to wash it. Use soap (preferably organic) and warm water only.
>>
>>35520381

Who the fuck is this? Literally the greatest high test pic of all time.
>>
>>35521724
classic generic retard advice complete with a picture of an ideal physique
>>
How showers open up your pores. People take hotter showers in the winter, take cold showers.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.