[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Muscle building in conjunction with kickboxing training

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: nieky.jpg (221KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
nieky.jpg
221KB, 800x600px
So i've been doing kickboxing 3-4 times a week for about 5 months now and have my first fight in february. My cardio is good but I have literally no visable/defined muscle anywhere. No abs, No biceps, No chest, No traps.

What can I do to build muscle but maintain my current weight of 75kg? I'm doing body weight exercises in classes (Press-ups/Sit-ups/Squats etc) but do should I do free weights aswell?
>>
>>35516976
Bodypic? Your bf% is likely just a little too high.
>>
File: mfw14.jpg (192KB, 500x477px) Image search: [Google]
mfw14.jpg
192KB, 500x477px
>>35516976
>should i do free weights as well
>>
>>35516976

Stopped reading at kickboxing.
>>
>>35516976
I have been doing karate for years and started recently weights, it's OK, just don't do the 2 together in 2 hours straight, let some rest between at least 4 hours, you will feel inmense gains in fights bro
>>
File: me.jpg (20KB, 489x658px) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
20KB, 489x658px
>>35517058
What kind of % body fat do i need to have visible definition?

>>35517163
Do you do compound excersies like deadlifts/squats/cleans or things like barbell curls and chest presses?
>>
>>35517285
my routine it's 3x fullbody everyweek, yes do all compounds, only isolation for bicep and tricep since they recover fast, and in karate it's probably the same as you do, bodyweight and low cardio everyday and hard cardio on "fight days"
>>
>>35517285
I'd say maybe 12%. I'd put you at a little over 15% (only estimates. We can't truly know unless you had a full body scan). You probably have decent abs underneath if you're training hard. I train bjj and muay Thai and it wasn't until I upped the cardio to cut fat that I could see all of my gainz.
>>
>>35517338
What did you do to up cardio outside of the warm ups and general fitness routines you'd do in class?

>>35517313
I did starting strength a about 9 months ago but stopped because y bad technique injured my hips and knees. Should I start back with this?
>>
>>35517498
yeah but this time do less weight and better technique, try another routine if you want
>>
>>35516976
Ok. Let me save you from yourself.

First of all you have to be doing free weights only unless you can spend your entire day in the gym and have access to roids.

Just do Starting Strength program but only eat +500kcals more than your TDEE. Chances are in 6 months you will be strong and have a lower bf percentage as you're a total newbie to lifting if this is you>>35517285

Now since SS has too many Squats you might need to cut back on cardio for the first month as you adjust but you will be fine as entire college teams across the world are running that program or some variation of it while doing/practicing for highly demanding team sports such as Rugby.

Also add weighted chin-ups and dips plus standard bridges. Do your ropework but you can switch roadwork with swimming when possible if you're ready to use a proper swimming program.
>>
Day A:
Bench press 3x5
Deadlift:1x5
Pull ups: 3x5 or work you way up to 3x8

Day B
Front sqaut( better than back sqaut for compat sports)3x5
OHP 3x5
Barbell row3x5

try and lift 3x a week alternating the days
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.