[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LPR/GERD/acid reflux?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1439097701960.jpg (211KB, 746x715px) Image search: [Google]
1439097701960.jpg
211KB, 746x715px
Hey /fit/,

Is there anyone else on here suffering from LPR, GERD, or some form of acid reflux?

I got diagnosed about 4 months ago and put on PPIs, but they don't really appear to help. No heartburn but my throat feels like it's on fire the whole day through, it's really bummed me out after 4 months of this bullshit and made it really hard to find the willpower to do pretty much anything. I'm doing shit in my classes, have a poor social life because I'm usually feeling too miserable to go out with friends or when I do go out I'm really snappy and aggressive due to how fed up I am with this fucking piece of shit sore throat, and my gym performance has suffered as well. Some days the pain will be too much to go work out, others I'll go work out but can't concentrate on my workout, and usually when I do go workout the LPR gets even worse, especially after my post-workout meal.

Any anons on here suffering with the same disease or find some way to get it cured? I'm desperate to try just about anything at this point, I've heard that some people spend their whole fucking life with this shit, I'm only 19 I don't want to spend another 60 years alive with a sore throat this bad.

I've been to multiple doctors and all they do is prescribe me PPIs in higher dosages and tell me to come back in a month.

I've heard some people "cure" it, at least temporarily, by cutting back on how much food they eat and losing weight. I've been thinking of going on a cut for this purpose from 190->170, but I've also heard that some people whose LPR gets bad enough have to undergo surgery and end up losing all of their gains and dropping from weight in the 180s/190s to around 110-120. WHat the fuck do I do /fit/? I'm so fucking miserable and worried 24/7 I feel like I'm going insane
>>
I get it, heartburn and lots of burping sometimes. Going from borderline obese to healthy weight helped a lot, used to get it every day for a few hours, now get it a couple of times a week. I think at the moment it's because of all the pepper I'm putting on rice and chicken because it's bland as fuck.
>>
>>35514733
Also used to get anxiety about it a lot, think it was heart related. Losing weight and working out stopped that too.
>>
>>35514733
Did you go to any doctors? How long have you had it? I feel like even a couple times a week would drive me nuts, I just want to feel fucking normal again. Knowing that I might never again be able to enjoy a huge fucking tasty meal without being in terrible pain afterwards just kills me.

I'm not obese but I'm not exactly skinny either, I'm something like 190lbs@18%bf. Do you think cutting down to 13 or 14%bf might help me?
>>
>>35514634
Take nexium control daily
>>
>>35514765
Went several times about my heart, had ECGs and the lot before I was fully convinced. I was given proton-pump inhibitors, antacids and h2 blockers at different times and all weren't as effective as losing weight.
>>
>>35514792
I'm on something similar that was prescribed by the doctors and it doesn't really help.
>>
>>35514817
The biggest thing I'm worried about with the losing weight approach is that it seems to be only a temporary solution. If I get reflux in my throat due to me overeating, then once I finish cutting and resume eating at maintenance or slightly over to resume gaining strength the reflux will come back again, won't it?
>>
>>35514850
Though I'm not sure I think the link between weight gain/loss and heartburn actually means bodyfat % and heartburn. You'll just have to bulk cleaner and for lesser amounts of time or eventually get used to it. I know it's very uncomfortable but unless it's stopping me from sleeping I've just learnt to get on with it, I suppose.
>>
>>35514919
My reflux doesn't manifest itself in heartburn but in a sore throat that feels more or less like I have strep throat all day long.

Hopefully you're right about the bf% and reflux part. Getting used to it isn't an option because one of the doctors told me reflux that affects the throat for prolonged amounts of times can make you incredibly susceptible to throat cancer. I've got to find some way to get rid of it. I guess I'll start with dropping my bodyfat down to 13-14% and seeing if that helps, thanks.
>>
>>35514634
Heres my 2 cents

I have chronic gastritis. Almost every year (ussually around autumn time, which is also what my doctor warned me about) my condition worsens, and I start to basicly throw up whatever i put in my mouth, and during this period(which lasts from one to three months) i almost regularly lose from 15-22 pounds. Thats long story short. I've made peace with this, and the recovery is always slow, till i can gradually start eating normaly again.

Now, during these periods, I already know the drill,so does my doctor, Conctroloc and Colospa 2x a day for about two months, then i cut back to
1 capsule a day, then after three weeks, or sooner if I feel better I completely cut back on medicine and slowly build up to normal amounts of food.

The situation is EXTREMELY frustrating, and it would not pose a threat If i werent in powerlifting, I can live normaly on a 2-3000 cal diet and never have to worry about gastritis, but when i have to eat atleast 5-6000 cal a day and I throw up after eating just 1 banana, this makes life pretty unbarable.

i dont know what meds you're on but i suggest you go to your doctor tel him about your situation,and tell him to put you on Controloc (Eurofag here, I'm not sure what they prescribe in the states or wherever you're from).

It's a shit condition for a lifter to be in, and all i can say is that you contnue no matter what, and be smart and patient about it, dont go kill yourself in the gym if you're feeling like shit and know you wont be able to eat anything afterwards.

good luck anon
>>
>>35515350
>35515350
Fuck, just reading this made me feel incredibly frustrated, I'm so sorry for your shit anon.

Thanks though, I'll go see my doctor and ask him about it, and try to lose some weight in the meantime. If this continues until the end of this year, I might drop powerlifting and go into something like swimming or running with light lifting on the side. Lifting is my fucking life, and I love it above anything else, but after the last 4 months I've been starting to feel slowly helpless as my numbers slip everytime I go to the gym and my throat hurts more and more. I'm starting to dread going into the gym and seeing how much more strength I lost that day, and the pain that comes with eating afterwards.

How do issues like this even develop anyways? Are these fairly modern problems or did people 100 years ago have to deal with this shit too? Is there really no easy cure?
>>
>>35515585
>How do issues like this even develop anyways? Are these fairly modern problems or did people 100 years ago have to deal with this shit too? Is there really no easy cure?

I posted above.

Myparticular condition is, I belive, psychologicaly induced. It occured during/ after a pretty rough period in my life. I was doing nothing with my life, got into a knife fight, almost died, gf broke up with me after 4 years, no job, developed severe anxiety, everything went downhill from there on. Talked to a shrink once, helped a bit, but what basicly saved me is lifting. Before /fat/ i was a b/tard (havent beend there the past three years, and not going to). Then i started coming to /fit/ I started doing 5x5 and eating oats and turnem my life around (seriously).
>>
I have chronic acid reflux that presents itself as heart palpitations that prevent me sleeping. I wake up several times each night with a heart rate of 140-150 (normal is 50ish)
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.