[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 42

File: 1410681057055.jpg (100KB, 999x624px) Image search: [Google]
1410681057055.jpg
100KB, 999x624px
/fit/ i can't squat to parallel without rounding my lower back, even with raised heels.. i think it's my hamstrings because doing the flexibility test where you lie on the ground and raise your leg i can't get them up past 60 degrees or so. how can i fix this? stretching/foam rolling doesn't seem to do much
>>
>>35508866
Scottish hips maybe. Check out this article.

http://deansomerset.com/butt-wink-aout-hamstrings/
>>
>>35508907

funnily enough i'm scottish ffs
>>
Didn't get an answer for this last thread:

Do I need to add decline bench to my routine to develop my lower chest or is that just optional? Currently I do incline bench press, bench press, chest flyes, and chest press.
>>
File: pectoralis-major.jpg (99KB, 300x408px) Image search: [Google]
pectoralis-major.jpg
99KB, 300x408px
>>35509043
What is lower chest? Now that you know human anatomy, i hope you understand how to train your chest without having to rely on broscience.
>>
>>35509043
you can add dips instead of flies
>>
File: precor-hyperextension.jpg (18KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
precor-hyperextension.jpg
18KB, 500x380px
How can I do hyperextensions if my gym doesn't have pic related?
>>
File: image.jpg (394KB, 942x1350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
394KB, 942x1350px
>>35509043
All in the same workout? Too much. A safer variant of decline is to do powerlifting style bench press. As this faggot >>35509068 tried to tell you, though his dumbass is mistaken, you won't really develop your lower chest the way you're thinking.

There are two seperate heads to the pec major, served with two different nerve innervations. The clavicular head and the sternal head. So there is an "upper" and "lower" pec. But the upper is is just beneath your collar bone. The lower is that nice round tittie you're trying to develope.

If you're wanting to look like a man and not a bitch, stick with incline and dips. No need to do that other shit until you understand what you're actually doing.
>>
>>35509146
Do good mornings instead.

http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/building-strong-lumbars-with-good-mornings/
>>
>>35509175
allright, thanks
>>
>>35508866

Weighted stretching has been my answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koi9dAJLWcE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYS0R4c3qCA

You can **seriously** fuck up your back and knees doing this lift, so take it as slow as possible.

Start at 5 pounds, and add 5 pounds every time you feel you can, until 1/4 your bodyweight. Then just do the lift.

Weighted stretching works by strengthening the ends of your ROM, allowing your muscles to push past where you were. This lift will at least give you a lot more lift.

This squat progression is really good and really useful for learning the squat:
https://youtu.be/zvGr7wXQfwE?t=46
>>
>>35509236
> *This lift will at least give you a lot more lift
This lift will at least give you enough ROM to do a stiff leg deadlift, eventually.

Fuck, coffee hasn't kicked in yet.
>>
So i'm losing weight and cutting eating 1300 to 1400 calories so im not expecting to make much if any progress in lifting but what is a good routine for just losing weight at the moment but will set me up to start making gains when i hit my goal weight?
At the moment i'm doing whatever and just doing an area each day arms/chest/shoulders/back/legs and core then rest.
>>
>>35509293
This depends where you are.

If you're a beginner lifter, than any noob program would be better than what you're doing. Like SS or SL5x5. Even though you won't gain muscles on a deficit, you'll learn the lifts and be ready to build when you hit your goal weight.

Plus, noob gains > muscle gains. You'll build your lifts just by improving technique and your body will be ready to build muscles once your start bulking.
>>
I can hold a plank for max 1 minute, does that mean that my core is weak? Will that impact my squat/deadlift?
>>
>>35509175
>>35509229
Good mornings are dangerous as fuck.
>>
>>35509236

damn that exercise looks sketchy as fuck
>>
do you people cook your oats or do you eat them raw? does cooking them destroy the nutritional value?

also with water or milk?
>>
>>35509363

Only if you're really stupid about them. They're no riskier than an RDL or back extension as long as your ego isn't out of control (and no more dangerous than a deadlift if it is).
>>
>>35509330
My dl, squat and bench are all 60kg 5x5 apart from dl which is 10 reps. i've made decent progress since i've started and i did fk up a bit august through december 2015 which ended up giving me a bump in my lifts.
now below 300lb though startgin from above 400 so that's good.
>>
>>35509363
>not knowing who Bill Starr is
How about you suck less dick and lurk moar

>>35509392
Noice. Congrats anon. We're gonna make it brah.
>>
What should I do in the gym when losing weight?
>heavy, low rep or
>light, high rep?
>>
>>35509371
Every exercise is dangerous. Put a 4 plate squat on the average fitizen, and they'll be crushed, but a 4pl8 squat is a great exercise for some people.

The Jefferson curl is a great exercise for building support for the standing pike and increasing your ROM, but it is a lift to take very very slowly and never overdo.
>>
Idk if I'm eating okay. This is a typical day.

Breakfast : 2 eggs plus a splash of milk, make into scrambled eggs. Use some 1 cal oil spray.

Lunch : Instant noodles + can of tuna

Dinner : 2 Weetabix

Snacks : Mayonnaise with the eggs, banana, Apple.

Drink : water
>>
>>35509474
Looks good.

>>35509432
You should do in the gym what will achieve your asthetic, fitness, and strength goals. Weight loss occurs in the kitchen.
>>
>>35509474
More fruit and vegetables. At least 5 a day, mate. And replace the noodles with rice, beans or lentils if you can.
>>
>>35509510
>start diet
>all fucking fruits are expensive as fuck

kill me
>>
Spoke to some wannabe PT who said warming up isn't necessary for strength training. He said the best thing would be to go straight in and lift heaviest to shock the muscles. Is this worth taking seriously?
>>
File: pls.jpg (181KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
pls.jpg
181KB, 750x750px
>>35509377
>>
>>35509516
many vegetables are cheap. In winter root vegetables are very low priced. Go get some carrots, bro.
>>
>>35509160
mirin those lats
>>
File: healthyishappy.png (10KB, 811x212px) Image search: [Google]
healthyishappy.png
10KB, 811x212px
is this a good routine
>>
>>35509510
Beans all seem to be disgusting. Is heinz baked beans okay? Brown rice is nice desu.
>>
>>35509527
Go in the archives and find some of the oat threads. There are loads of recommendations.

http://boards.4chan.org/fit/archive
>>
>>35509532
yeah thats why i said fruit, potatoes and carrots and shit are nice and cheap but arent you supposed to eat a mix of vegtables and fruit?
>>
>>35509536
Heinz are a lot better than instant noodles. Go for it, but try to experiment a bit with food and get into cooking yourself. It helps with understanding the nutritional contents.
>>
File: jaha.jpg (20KB, 221x221px) Image search: [Google]
jaha.jpg
20KB, 221x221px
Cannot afford a gymmembership atm but got a dumbell (what google translated it into) that i've been lifting at home for a week now and hope the habbit will stick. Good or bad idea exercising only that way. Anything I should consider? Something else to add to my home-routine?

I know its a stupid question but whatever.
>>
i has pelvic tilt
is squat kill for me?
no disgust my english
>>
>>35509543
eat 70% vegetables and 30% fruit, or 50 % and 50% if you can afford the fruit. Most people don't get enough vegetables. And don't count potatoes in your veggie total. Potatoes are potates.
>>
>>35509560
How about running arround the neighborhood?
You can always try crunches/pullups/situps
>>
>>35509523
That's fucking stupid. Think of a warmup as a function test. Get under the bar and make sure everything feels right through the range of motion. Add some weight and make sure your joints feel good. Add some more weight just to be sure. Then get into your workout.

Strictly speaking "warming up" isn't necessary. But it would be fucking stupid to introduce yourself to injury risk for no damn reason.

>>35509527
No.

>>35509535
No. What are you trying to do?
>>
>>35509575
>No. What are you trying to do?
Staying healthy. I don't want to build muscle or aesthetic or whatever. I just want to follow that routine. What's wrong with it, exactly? Is it the crucnhes/situps/pullups?
>>
File: 20151105_165603-1.jpg (3MB, 4867x891px) Image search: [Google]
20151105_165603-1.jpg
3MB, 4867x891px
Sup nerds, I'm on a 4 day split with each day focused on the big 4.
Is 1 rest day enough or should I do 2 or do I even need them at all. I feel like I go without em but that doesn't feel very safe.
Pic unrelated.
>>
>>35509563
No. Just take your progression slowly. And stretch your hip flexors out.
>>
Is doing cardio between stronglift days (that means twice a week) a good idea?
ie Stronglifts on monday wednesday friday
cardio on tue/thur
>>
>>35509563
>i was home when boris ring phone
>>
>>35509357
Pretty weak.

>>35509377
Microwave with milk. I'm lazy.
>>
>>35509586
Crunches and sit-ups will snap your back like that. Unless you keep the volume low on pull-ups it will be counterproductive doing them every day.

Do your pull-ups on non deadlift days. Only work "abs" once a week and only one exercise like any other muscle group. If you must Janda sit-ups are the best.
>>
When i did bench press today i had a sensation in my back that felt like a mix of pins and needles (The weird feeling you get on your hands and feet) and hair being ripped out, but only when it touched stuff, i still feel it a little bit if i touch near my spine and some areas on my back (Mostly lower)
There was no sound or pain that i felt before it started feeling like that, it just suddenly did, when it first happened i thought my hairs somehow got stuck in my shirt and ripped them out when i laid down
I also felt like one of my hairs on my head was ripped out a couple seconds before i felt it on my back, i thought it just got stuck in the bench because it has some holes in it and ripped off, i dont know if it was an actual hair or the same thing but it is the only time i felt something similar that wasn't on my back
What is happening
>>
>>35509592
That's fine. C25k is a good program. Otherwise do some HIIT work.
>>
>>35509631
Probably a pinched nerve. Got a chiropractor?
>>
>>35509624
Thanks anon.
So maybe I should do those on cardio days?
>>
Okay, so I'm 1,70m fat fuck that weights 190 lbs. If I need 0.8g of protein per lbs, I need aprox. 150g of protein per day. Suggestions of where I'd take this much out? As I'm largely overweight, I'm eating TDEE-500, but I'd still like gains while losing body fat.
>>
>>35509677
Usually it's per pound of lean body mass.
>>
>>35509677
assume you are 150 lbs.
>>
>>35509660
No, don't even have access to a doctor at the moment, relying on /fit/'s aid here for now
Anyway to fix this without a chiropractor?
>>
>>35509692
>>35509696
I see, 120g is considerably more manageable. Ty pals.
>>
>>35509516
shaking my dome to be forthright ancestors
>>
>>35509560

Look into bodyweight fitness.

reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness

You're not going to get as strong as fast as barbell, but at least it's a program and you can get fairly strong with it.
>>
>>35509677
The 0.8 per pound is for normals. Try do judge your lean body mass and use 1gram per pound of LBM. Or use your average BMI weight, rather than your actual weight.
>>
>>35509620
But does that impact my squat or deadlift?
>>
>>35509631
Try mckenzie method

I've been trying for 2 days now and back has been healing nicely, does anyone have more experience with it?
>>
More DOMS in left leg compared to right. Is this normal.
>>
>>35510043
Normal, but make sure you don't compensate with one leg during exercises. Film yourself and study your form. If you compensate with one leg you're setting yourself up for injury.
>>
Good programmes for aesthetics? I don't wanna be strong. I just wanna have a 6 pack and nice biceps and legs.
>>
File: 1451798390363.jpg (42KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1451798390363.jpg
42KB, 1280x720px
Do i need to add arm isolations to 5/3/1 BBB?
Looks like there's enough tricep work with bench and ohp but it's not direct and bicep work is totally lacking (except for chins once a week, which looks like nothing 2bh)
I'm in to get both strength and aesthetics so i'm pretty concerned about this
>>
What are those stair machines good for? Should I be doing them on my cardio day?
>>
>>35510104
Here's a couple of pretty important facts for you...
First, even if you don't care about maximal strength, you MUST ALWAYS strive to increase your strength on whatever exercises you're doing. It does not matter at all what program you're doing, how many or few sets you're doing, what techniques you're doing - none of that matters one bit, if you aren't increasing performance over time. This is CRUCIAL. Get it into your head or you'll be spinning your wheels for a long time.
Second, even if you would like to have big arms and legs and good abs, please realize that we don't get to pick and choose which muscle groups to develop and to ignore others. The body doesn't work like that. Everything must be trained in proportion or you will develop imbalances that not only make you look funny, but more importantly set you up for all kinds of injuries down the road. Make sure your training is BALANCED even if you favor certain muscles over others.

As for a concrete program, anything that suits your temper and revolves around a balanced selection of compound exercises will work. Provided you work hard and ALWAYS strive to improve performance.
Diet is more important than what actual routine you follow, if the goal is to look good.

>>35510106
If you want bigger arms by all means incorporate some isolation work towards the end of the sessions. It doesn't have to be much, 2-4 tough sets will be plenty of stimulation following the 5x10 sets.

>>35510149
>Should I be doing them on my cardio day?
It doesn't matter how you do your cardio. As far as cardio goes, the main thing is your heart rate. Anything else comes down to personal preference.
That said, running can take more of a toll on the body than most other kinds of cardio (swimming, rowing, cycling, jump rope, burpess etc.).
>>
Currently cutting, read the sticky, counting ins and outs. Excercising 6 times a week, alternating between hiking and lifting, 50-70 mins per day.

I feel like i run out of juice during lifting days. Is it a great sin to adjust my macros so i'd get more carbs on gym days and more proteins on cardio days? I'd still meet my weekly goals.
>>
>>35510272
Try caffeine (main ingredient in most pre-workouts). Drink/use it before exercise.
>>
what's usually the last lift people get to 4/3/2/1? assuming no health problems.
>>
>>35510584
It depends on previous training, if you were a curlbro before, or used to do ruck hikes, or some sport, but usually either the squat or the press, if you have a weaker lower or upper body.
>>
>>35510106

Run the BBB lifts on alternative days. Do chins twice a week. Throw in curls on your OHP day. There ya' go.
>>
sup /fit/,

wondering if the below program is enough volume for legs, or if i should add in lunges or something.

Squats: 5x5
SLDL: 3x10
Leg Extensions: 3x10
Hamstring Curls: 3x10
Calf Raises: 5x10
>>
How do i know if i am going to get taller?
18 yo 70 kg and 5'5, just starting to grow a full beard
>>
>>35510655
Look around you. See the other 18 year olds? How many are 5'5"? There ya go. Sorry bro.
>>
Should I go lift when I have a cold, I feel like the worst of it is gone and I dont have a fever just some sniffles and coughs.
>>
>>35510894
Yes. It's over. Go ahead and lift.
>>
Thanks for your help in the previous threads I can finally squat without groin pain
1. Is there a guide on insertions? I've heard stuff like high lats and low last and also high and low biceps but I can't figure out what they are.
2. 245lb deadlift bar is slipping out of my hands. What do?
3. Is the girl smiling at me or laughing? How do I respond to each after I figure it out?
Help brehs
>>
File: miring.jpg (30KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
miring.jpg
30KB, 500x371px
Can achieve this natty? what kind of program etc?
>>
is skiing considered to be cardio?
>>
>>35510942
1. Every muscle originates somewhere and inserts somewhere. These are just fancy words for begins and ends. It's where the muscles attach to the bones.
If you're interested in this, get your hands on an anatomy book, although there are individual differences of course, which is why people talk about insertions in the first place.
You can quickly determine whether you have good biceps insertions or not. Bend your elbow 90 degrees and see how much space there is between where your flexed biceps ends and your forearm begins. If you can fit only 1 or maybe even no fingers in this space then you have great biceps insertions. If you can fit 4 fingers you have terrible biceps insertions (no point worrying about it though).

2. Incorporate more holding onto stuff in your training. It can be as simple as hanging from the pull-up bar for some time after you last rep has been completed. Or holding on to the barbell on your last rep of deadlifts for some extra time.
Just be careful not to fatigue your grip before a maximal attempt/top set.

3. She's smiling. Just smile back. If it keeps going on and you want to take it somewhere, initiate smalltalk in a manner that seems natural.

>>35510999
Possibly, although he's likely on steroids. It depends on your genetics and effort. In any case, it's going to be the endgame. No program will take you there. You need good genetics, good diet, reasonable training consistently for years.
Honestly I'd recommend aiming a bit lower to begin with. You can always pick a new goal when you approach your current one.

>>35511044
It can be. Cardio just means getting your heart rate up.
>>
>>35509516
buy frozen vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, spinach), cheap as fuck
also buy the cheapest fruit that's in season, not some premium gourmet bs

>>35509527
cooked unless instant
i mix it with cheese olives and broccoli and have it for lunch/dinner

>>35509560
Have a look at this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/zc0uy/a_beginner_dumbbell_program_the_dumbbell_stopgap/

>>35510104
>pic related

>>35510272
it's ok

>>35510942
2. mixed grip for deadlift or chalk
>>
File: 1451032342931.jpg (2MB, 2143x1912px) Image search: [Google]
1451032342931.jpg
2MB, 2143x1912px
>>35511057
>oops
>>
File: olololo.jpg (30KB, 281x425px) Image search: [Google]
olololo.jpg
30KB, 281x425px
>>35511046
current body
>>
What dating sites have you guys had any success with?

And i mean meeting reasonably normal women and not retarded sloots.
>>
>>35510584

I never made 140 squat.

Could bench 120, diddly 190 and press 80 but i find squats impossible to progress.
>>
20yo guy here
Was obese as teenager, got stretch marks on stomach whatever
started lifting, now long time passed, I put on a lot of muscle but still need to cut to look good. Now I got stretch marks on my shoulders.
Question: Can this be sign of problems with hormones as I also have a lot of fat deposit in my thighs and ass?
>>
>>35511082
Grindr
>>
>>35511100
>Can this be sign of problems with hormones as I also have a lot of fat deposit in my thighs and ass?
Depends on what kind of fat deposits. If you're one of the guys who got ass and complain about it, then stay positive. Possible to post pic?
Also, cocoa butter or aloe cream for the stretch marks.
>>
>>35509523
>To shock the muscles
And the joints, discs, tendons...
>>
>>35511154
nah man not feeling like taking pics of my ass today
Just like, my thighs are really big, feels like they never really shrunk after the fat loss ive went through, i wear 33 or 34 size jeans, used to have 32 but I used to be 10kg lighter back then too. If I sit with my legs undearneath me my thighs together are almost as wide as my middle body which is kinda weird for me
>>
>>35511176
Sounds weird if it's not skin. Are you still overweight?
>>
>>35511105

No homo but i'm honestly contemplating brainwashing myself with gay porn.
>>
A little long but plz help
>I've purchased a membership for a gym that has no power rack or squat rack and I am a beginner (in 3 months of SL)
>I've used up 2 months in addition to the 5 and now have 7 months left
>because the gym doesnt have a squat rack or a power rack , I have to clean and press to get into position for squatting and OHPing,
>Ive reached a point where I just fucking cant do that anymore and ive had to cut my workout short twice because of exhaustion
>in addition to this they have ONLY six plates of 2.5 kg, 5 kg , and 10 kg which add up to 105 kg so I can't do DL after another 4 weeks .
>I've contacted the owner for a refund or a transfer or membership but she kindly asked me to fuck off
>I'm stuck with 6 months of my gym membership and dont have a clue as to what to do
>can you guys suggest some alternatives for SL that I can do for another 6 months , or something that I can do in this gym in addition to the SL workout that I can do in another gym (So this gym membership doesn't get wasted)
tl;dr no squat rack, no power rack , not enough plates, 6 months of membership remaining , what do ?
>>
>>35511279
Go for it. It is a great way to motivate one into good male physique.
>>
>>35511286
Sell your gym card to a friend.
Get a membership at a different gym.
>>
File: imag.jpg (68KB, 955x588px) Image search: [Google]
imag.jpg
68KB, 955x588px
>>35511237
Im between being overweight and normal weight according to body mass index. But my legs were still big when I was like 158 pounds while being 6f tall. I started feeling sick and weak so I went up to 205 and lookin to drop to 180-190 currently.
picrelated how it looks like, strong t rex gains
>>
What foods are necessary for good nutrition? I lost a lot of weight, but I still ate junk, just less. I want to start lifting soon and I want my diet to change as well. I also like to eat the same shit every time so would it be possible to do that with healthy food? 90% of my meals now are literally just two sandwiches and a Powerade.
>>
>>35511324
transfer of membership isn't allowed bruh
>>
>>35511336
>strong t rex gains
A bit of fat and a lot of muscle will look like that. Don't worry about it. Husbando mode potential is always good.
>>
>>35511286
You effectively burned your money. Maybe get a pt to make you a stupid machine routine, they aren't good, but at least you will have some progression.
>>
I feel like my Pendlay rows are really low, am I right?
If I'm doing full ROM I can do 55 kg for reps

stats: Deadlift - 3plate, bench - 1.5 plate and my OHP is at 50kg (these are all my worksets, not 1RM)
>>
File: char_124241.jpg (14KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
char_124241.jpg
14KB, 210x240px
>>35511400
thanks family, I hope I can grow a nice thick beard soon so I can go full dad-bearmode
>>
File: bear hug.jpg (182KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
bear hug.jpg
182KB, 894x894px
>>35511487
Go for it
>>
What's the optimal rep range for beginners on deadlift? I mainly focus on mass, not strength.
>>
What exactly is clean bulking? Like I know it means eating healthily at a surplus but what exactly constitutes healthiness here? Low-fat?

Any clean bulk meal suggestions?
>>
>>35511747
Eat non-processed food, lots of fruit and vegs, good quiality protein sources like lean meats, eggs, fish, unprosessed carbs like oats, rice, lentils, beans.
>>
>>35511747
there is no specific definition.

pretty much standard healthy eating advice in a surplus.

think plenty of fruit and veg, lots of variation, minimal highly processed food and a pretty balanced macro nutrient division
>>
>>3551166
if you mainly want size start doing high rep (8-12) stiff leg DL's

if youre a man and youd like to be strong 5 rep deadlifts are a good choice
>>
Are you meant to lean back during face pulls or remain vertically straight? I find it impossible to stay straight so have to lean back but I'm not sure if this is correct form or not.
>>
>>35511905

Lower the weight until you can do it without leaning back otherwise its pointless, they're not meant to be done heavy.
>>
How far can I keep gaining strength if im on a deficit? 280 lbs 5'10", I started doing SS a month ago and I've been having some good results although I was very week when I started and since last week I've noticed im struggling to keep adding 2.5 kg / 5 kg each time, specially with OHP and BP
>>
How do I tighten my core? A lot of lifts say to tighten your core whilst doing them
>>
>>35512112
yea but you still want to have strong core, so working directly abs is a good idea, add some planks, hanging raises to your routine at the end of your workout
>>
How do I train out my core to make it stronger?

I am not a beginner anymore, I've been lifting for quite a while now. I'm on a split and I'll stay on one, but my workout plan ignores my core because I dont know what the fuck I'm even supposed to do.

I'm currently doing:

Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
Back/Biceps
Legs

I want to do something to strengthen my core, ~2-3 exercises would be good. I'd do them on leg day since I don't do cardio on leg days so I'd have some time before I do my legs.
>>
5'8 ~77kg/171lbs
5RMs: 120kg squat, 130kg deadlift, 60kg bench, 42.5kg ohp

Would recomping be dumb for me? I've bulked up from about 72kg in October and I wasn't exactly lean then and now I'm at the point where I'm uncomfortable with my bf%. I can't stand the idea of cutting and losing any of even the mediocre progress I've made over 18 months (shit diet/training until recently got me to about a 100kg squat, 110kg dl, 50kg bench, 30kg ohp). I've gained that weight on about 3,000-3,100 calories, I reckon about 2,600 sounds about right for a recomp? I was on 2,100 for 4 days or so after new year to stabilise after the holidays and it really fucked with my recovery in my last few sessions.
>>
>>35512180
To add to this, I'm fat as fuck so some exercises (especially bodyweight exercises) are impossible for me, though I've lost a lot of weight in the past 18 months. It's still impossible for me to do things like pull-ups etc, so I usually have to accomodate my workout plan a bit.

Today is a leg day so I'd like to hear some advice before I head out
>>
As long as I get my 7-8 hours of sleep, does it matter what time I go to bed?
>>
>>35512628
No, but depends on what you want to do.
>>
>>35510608
That's a a lot. Unless you've been lifting for a few years, or have imbalances, you can take off extensions and curls.

>>35510894
Rule of thumb for being sick:
>if it's in your head go workout
>if it's in your chest take the day off
>if it's in your gut, stay the fuck home

>>35511286
Ask about her buying more equipment. If you can get some bros interested, she might realize it's worth her money to invest in her company.

>>35511378
You need nutrient dense whole foods for proper nutrition. We're starting to learn that just hitting your macros and micros with processed food stuffs isn't enough, there are phytochemicals which are found in whole foods. Fortunately it's pretty easy these days. Find what you like and revolve a menu around that.

>>35511433
Ideally your rows should be a little closer to your bench, but everyone is different. Don't break yourself trying to catch up.

>>35511664
Try 2x5, with a drop set to failure.

>>35511983
You should still be good for a while. Rip says to keep making linear progressions as long as possible, even if that means adding a mere 1lb a week. Most people get bored with a workout routine long before then. Ideally you want to stick with a program like SS for at least 6~12 weeks. If you're struggling due to lack of food, maybe try playing with your meal timing to have more energy for the workout.

>>35512112
>Breath into your belly and hold
>Anal clench
>suck in your stomach
>bear down with your diaphragm like you're taking a shit

>>35512180
Do vacuums. When you can do 1000 in a single session you'll have a strong core.

>>35512186
Give it a try and see how you feel. It's all about individual response and you won't know unless you experiment. Personally I do better on intermittent fasting. Keeps the calories down and I don't feel bloated due to too many meals. Some people feel starved. Experiment for 3~6wks at a time to see how you feel on any meal plan.
>>
>>35512821
just stay up late watching some streams
>>
Any advices to improve my grip when Deadlifting? Usually when I deload on my 2nd/3rd rep my grip goes to shit and I struggle with the 2 remaining reps
>>
>>35512897
Rope hangs.
>>
>>35511983
>>35512871
About protein, should I dig into that or should I wait until I lose more weight before starting to take protein shakes and worrying about that?
>>
>>35512940
If you're on a cut, shakes should be used as a meal replacement, not as a suppliment. Unless you just can't hit your macros at all.
>>
>>35512884
No prob with that, mr neet
>>
Why is my oral health so poor /fit/? For the longest time I didn't take care of my teeth and had zero problems but now that I am taking care of my teeth I have a plethora of issues.
>>
>>35513210
>For the longest time I didn't take care of my teeth
Answered your own question there
>>
I'm a 5ft 7inch manlet, 16kg overweight and according to US navy method I have 30% body fat... which is a fucking lot, jesus.

I've been lifting for about two months now, and calculating my bmr and tdee and etc I just adjusted my diet to eat around 1700 calories a day. I should have around 130 grams of protein and 133 of carbs on my new diet according to myfitnesspal.

Am I gonna make it? Is it too much calories?
>>
>>35513240
You're gonna make it brah. Recalculate your TDEE every six pounds lost. At some point you won't be able to rely on the scale and you'll have to start looking in the mirror. And then before you know it, you'll have to start looking at your back to see progress. Enjoy the ride brah.
>>
>>35510608
>>35512871

Thanks man! Shouldve added some context to give you a clearer picture. Lifting for a year and a half, switching from TM to PPL.
>>
>>35513238
But why are the problems arising now hat I am taking care of them? I've had two cavities in the past year which is more than I've ever had before, I also have some decalcified zones but my doc says those are from my braces
>>
My current routine is
Squats 4x8
BP 3x8
Dumbbell flies 3x8
Dips 3x12
Military press 3x8
Shoulder fly 3x8
I've been lifting for 3 months
Any improvements ?
>>
>>35513312
>I've been drinking for years and my liver's been fine. Why am I having problems now?
You need to maintain your teeth continuously. Obviously you failed that.

... dude, two cavities are not bad. You're being a hypochondriac.
>>
>>35508866
Does anybody else do weird shit on a cut IIFYM-style like eat a giant sweet potato (literally 1kg) and 400g steak and then nothing at all that day?
>>
Can I do upper body and lower body split with full body? So it'd look like

Monday: Upper Body
Wednesday: Lower Body
Friday : Full body
>>
what have you guys done to get rid of your anxiety
>>
>>35513344
Other day
Dl 5x5
Push-up 3x10
Barbell row 3x10
SZ Curls 3x8
im working out 4 times a week
Trying to get mass
Eating 2500 Calstock a day
>>
>>35513344
Is that the same routine you use everytime
>>
>>35508866
What is the real manlet limit?
Asking for a friend....
>>
>>35513385
I like to destroy my enemies and eat their liver. I recommend it.
>>
File: ow.png (777KB, 389x913px) Image search: [Google]
ow.png
777KB, 389x913px
I've recently switched from high to low bar squats after realizing I don't have the hip/ankle flexibility to avoid buttwink during high bar. Thing is, I'm getting pain in my left deltoid about two inches below the shoulder when I squat. Why? If it was an issue with form, wouldn't I also have this pain in my right deltoid? Is there any way I can stretch these muscles or otherwise prevent/alleviate the pain? Pic related, where it hurts.
>>
File: 1437806031071.jpg (240KB, 736x961px) Image search: [Google]
1437806031071.jpg
240KB, 736x961px
>>35513378
Of course,you could even do low rep strength Mon and wed then high rep hypertrophy on a Friday. Figure out what suits you best.
>>
File: argentina 5'0.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
argentina 5'0.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>35513473
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-06+at+02.42.25).png (22KB, 267x535px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-06+at+02.42.25).png
22KB, 267x535px
I got a free sample of Burn XS in the mail. I wanna try it but I dont want my heart to explode. I take Mr.Hyde once in a while and the flushing isntt that bad. My question is do you think this thing will destroy my heart or is it safe to take?
>>
>>35513378
Absolutely.

>>35513385
Two things.

#1 Know the symptoms. You must learn to be aware of it when you feel anxiety so you realize that whatever is making you anxious is not the actual thing that's going wrong/dangerous, but rather it's the anxiety itself. Once you come to this realization, it becomes a lot easier to cope with and you can avoid having a full blown panic attack.

#2 Gradual exposure i.e. Face your fears. The only way to overcome the anxiety is to actually expose yourself to the things you fear, although it should be a little at a time, of course.
If you make a habit of avoiding everything that brings about the anxiety then you will NEVER get better.

Also, it'll probably never go completely away. But it can get much better.
>>
I sleep 4-5 hours a night. I just can't sleep more. My body gets me up around 4am and I'm never tired. Able to fall asleep somewhere between 11-12pm. I'm not using an alarm clock, cause I wake up exactly at that time no matter what. It's been like this for few weeks.Wht the fuck and why am I not tired? Is it bad not to sleep more than that? I lift daily but as said, never tired.
>>
>>35513303
Congrats brah, yeah if your volume is too low go ahead and add them back in. I didn't realize you'd progressed. QTDDTOT are usually filled with newbs.

>>35513344
>>35513408
Looks ok. I like to do pro/ant muscle groups on the same day. Some like a PPL routine. Try playing with the order of your lifts from largest muscle group to smallest.

>>35513373
That's fine. It's just IF.

>>35513385
Got laid. Tends to calm you the fuck down.

>>35513478
Try adjusting your grip and do shoulder lockouts before your workout to improve mobility.

>>35513378
Yup. In fact I've put busy people on that exact routine. If for some reason you have to miss a workout or two in a week, you can still get in a full body workout.

>>35513545
Kek. That looks like fun actually. It's just a yohimbine stack with a brain boost. I wouldn't take it in conjunction with Mr Hydr as that's also a yohimbine stack. Luck brah.

>>35513574
Sounds like you're fine. Just ready for life. Use those extra hours wisely.
>>
>>35513545
Looks like a handful of vitamins and a bunch of caffeine. Should be fine.
>>
I get incredibly dizzy and start seeing lights if I do cardio after lifting. This means I should stop, or does it mean something is wrong with me?
>>
>>35513608
Blood pressure dropped. Get a checkup.
>>
>>35513608
If I had to guess, your blood pressure is dropping. See your doctor, it might be nothing or it could be serious, and nobody on a Mongolian basket weaving picture gallery can discern for you.
>>
>>35513297
Thanks for the TDEE tip, kind anon.
>>
>>35513480

Thanks. I'm a beginner so I figured higher frequency would be better. Here's my routine

Monday:
Bench Press 3x8
Seated dumbbell press: 3x8
Dips: 3x12
Standing Barbell Curl 3x8

Tuesday:
Leg extension 3x8
Calf raises 3x8
Bent over row 3x8
Squat 3x8
Diamond pushups 3x12

Friday
OHP 3x8
Squat 3x8
Deadlift 3x8
Bench Press 3x8

AxBxCxx cardio on Tuesday and Thursday
Anything I need to add?
>>
>>35513671
>>35513608
BTW, underfed and over exerted is the usual cause for otherwise healthy people. But, get a checkup.
>>
>>35513723
>>35513671
>>35513653

Thanks guys, I got so dizzy last time the staff had to check up on me and it got pretty embarrassing.
>>
>>35513473
The word manlet is being throwed around alot to people shorter than you. Is antthing below 6ft manlet, or what is it?
>>
>>35513722
Pull-ups. You should make a full circle around your shoulder girdle in equivalent volume for good shoulder health.

>horizontal push
>horizontal pull
>verticle push
>verticle pull

>>35513746
Take care of yourself brah. Don't pile up unnecessary injuries. Fainting while under a bar or on a treadmill qualifies.
>>
Do I really need to focus on my lats to work them during pullups or is this just a meme?
When I do a pullup I don't even think about what muscles I'm focusing on, I just do it.
>>
Anybody here that has had experience with 5/3/1 BBB routine? Did it give results?
>>
File: diddly.png (10KB, 594x709px) Image search: [Google]
diddly.png
10KB, 594x709px
Should I lift lighter if my back is bending like this during deadlifts?

I'm working on linear progression but every time I add weight I feel like my form goes to shit.
>>
I've been doing SL for about a month, been jogging on off days and walking after lifting. I do planks for assistance after lifting half the time and the other time I do barbell curls

Is there something else I can or should be doing as far as weights on my off days, when I jog?
>>
>>35513825
Your shoulders are rounding like that? You need to stick your chest out. Pretend you're taking the Superman pose once you take your grip on the bar.
>>
You guys must get this alot, but as someone who doesn't buy their own food (and I know I should start doing that), how can I possibly get sources of protein enough to match my weight in kg? Even my protein shakes provide only 25-30kg.
>>
Hey guys, is it absolutely necessary to take a rest day in between lift days if I'm doing SL? I feel like it's a waste to just do cardio during those days and I don't want my membership to go to waste since I'm only going 3 times a week.
>>
>>35513868
If you have no control whatsoever over what food is purchased for you to consume, drink more protein shakes. That's really all you can do, sorry anon.

>>35513878
If you aren't happy with the volume you're doing on SL, why not switch to a 4 or 5 day/week PPL routine? I do a 4 day Push, Pull, Legs, Full Body routine, if I weren't cutting I'd probably be doing 5 day PPL Upper-Lower style instead.
>>
I know it's bad to eat nothing because it slows your metabolism, but how much should i eat to keep that from happening without having to eat a lot?
>>
>>35513925
Go read the sticky. You should calculate your TDEE and eat at a 500 calorie deficit.
>>
File: 20160106_130140.jpg (929KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20160106_130140.jpg
929KB, 2048x1536px
Hey whats up with this egg? Is it rotten or some shit?
>>
which curls is best curls for bigness

I do SS but it no make big arm
>>
>>35513878
I can tell by your question that you literally just started doing SL and you're moving baby weight. When you get up to squatting 3plate and pulling 4plate then come back to me and tell me how awful those rest days are.
>>
>>35513799
Some people focus too much on pulling with the arms and have trouble activating their lats.

If you're moving through a full range of motion, including raising and lowering of the shoulders, you can't help but use the lats.

>>35513868
Time to start helping with the groceries and/or tagging along to the supermarket.

Making sure you eat some decent source or protein at every meal goes a long way towards your protein goals. Hell, even adding a couple glasses of milk to your meals is a start.

>>35513878
Yes, the rest is necessary. Progression will start stalling a lot faster without it, especially once you start working with challenging weights.

Linear progression programs are deceptively easy in the beginning.

>>35513825
Try to set your shoulders down and neutral (not retracted) when getting into position. The cue of puffing up your chest helps too.

>>35513777
It's a circle jerk meme on /fit/.
>>
>>35509097
>>35509160
Thanks for the input.
>>
>>35513799
If you have the right form (palms facing away, hands past shoulder width) and do the full motion (getting your chin past the bar) then your lats will be forced to work. If youre falling short of the full motion, then its mostly arm work and you wont hit your lats.
>>
>>35513861
Recovery days are for recovery.

>>35513945
It's fine. Just got scrambled in the shell.
>>
>>35513960
Cheating barbell curls let you overload and still move the weight.
Concentration curls keep your biceps from relying on each other and help growth.
Chin-ups are just good all around.
>>
>>35513960
>>35514117
Drag curls.
>>
So when doing DLs and Lowbar squats, i should primarily be focusing on moving my hips to the correct position, and legs and back will follow, correct? That's what I've gathered and it seems to really work for me, but it's pretty weird to think about squats being a hip dominant movement
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-08-18-23-38-35.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-08-18-23-38-35.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
Been lifting for around 2 years. Half of that time I was playing soccer 4-6 days a week for my college team so I rarely ever lifted legs, was just lifting to define my upper body.

Because of this, my lifts are very disproportionate (165/245/275/335 for 1RMs). I would like to spend most of the spring trying to build my leg and core strength up. Also, 6'7", 230 lbs and ~14% bf, me in pic.

What would be a good program for someone in my situation? I did candito's 6 week in the fall and it was alright, wondering if that is a good choice.
>>
>>35514299
You're probably fine.

Low bar tends to put the hips in a more advantageous position for the lift, hence why Rippetoe loves the "HIP DRAHVE" thing.

High bar and front squats still have plenty of hips involved, but the more upright torso position requires a bit more quads to keep the bar midfoot.

One thing to be careful of is letting your hips shoot out too far during the descent, since that'll end up as the typical good morning squat. You still want to keep your hips under the bar so you can drive it up.
>>
File: zPOGlBR.jpg (33KB, 617x462px) Image search: [Google]
zPOGlBR.jpg
33KB, 617x462px
>>35508866
how do I get a body like van?
>>
>>35514068
Is it bad to do pullups with elbows forward?
>>
I took a week off and I went back to squatting on Monday. Right above my knees feels sore and I'm worried about it. Am I fucked fit?
>>
>>35514404
My hips drive super far back, to the point that my torso is almost horizontal, but i never good morning--that is to say, my chest rises at the exact same rate my hips do, I've filmed myself doing so to confirm. My legs lock out as my back does.
Fair play, or nah?
>>
Is it 8-12 reps for max aesthetics?

I started with 8-12 but I eventually started going to 1RM at the advice of an aesthetic buddy who I now understand is likely not natty after 5 months of lifting and learning about the limits of bodybuilding.

Should I ever stray from 8-12, for example is it essential to 1RM every so often, or can I 8-12 every workout
>>
>>35514451
Are we talking sore, or are we talking pain? The DOMS are fine, pain is sign of an injury though. Judge for yourself.

>>35514486
If your chest rises at the same rate as your hips, I say it's fine. Different body mechanics for different people, etc etc.

>>35514513
5 reps for the big lifts, 8-12 for ancillary lifts (read: anything else) IMO. What's more important desu is consistency and effort. A lazy faggot with an 'optimal' training plan isn't going to outperform a dedicated guy with a suboptimal one.
>>
>>35513555
This is very good advice.
>>
>>35514591
I've had it before and it feels like Doms and goes away in a couple of days, but I'm still worried about it. Should I be going to a doctor? Am I OK if it goes away in a couple of days?
>>
>>35514094
I know, but I've heard sometimes that ab workouts are fine to do even on rest days
>>
>>35513597
>thinking not being a virgin has this big of a change
>>
>>35514627
Give yourself a few days of RICE - Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation and see if the soreness goes away. If it's just the DOMS, which it 99% probably is, you're fine. If it's a lingering pain you may have snapped your shit up and should focus on stretching, foam rolling/massage to rehab it. I don't think you need to see a doctor unless it's a serious pain you can't treat with RICE and tylenol.
>>
is an olympic barbell and 50kg enough to start home gym? I'm mostly interested in deadlifts and OHP to complement my gymnastics training
>>
When I squat I can feel a tightness in my back that hurts a little bit if I twist and/or reach behind my back. Am I in snap city? If I stop squatting for a while will it go away?
>>
>>35514449
Elbows should be in line with your body. Keep your back as straight as you can when going up. You only want to be feeling it in your biceps and lats.
>>
File: dumbell-bent-arm-pullover.jpg (21KB, 540x230px) Image search: [Google]
dumbell-bent-arm-pullover.jpg
21KB, 540x230px
>>35514683
What muscles do pull-overs train?

Would you rather do it on pull or push day?
>>
>>35514727
dunno why you're replying to me fâm but it looks like triceps
I'd do it on pull day
>>
>>35514755
Didn't mean to reply to you, sorry m8.

I just did them and I mainly feel it in my triceps, lats and upper chest, I'm inclined to put in on push day.

Does it even matter that much?
>>
>>35514677
Alright thank you. Will give myself a couple of days and report back.
>>
What kind of routines can/should you do when cutting? Should you be looking to make progress at all?
>>
Hurt shoulder and elbow, basically cant upperbody. All i can do is legs and abs, so what would be a good 3 day routine that i can do until i heal up?
>>
>>35514799
Pullovers are mostly a stretch. Do them after bench.

>>35514814
If you're doing a hard cut natty, you might need to be satisfied with maintenance mode if you're looking to keep the size you gained. Keep your protein intake up. If you don't care about that or prefer a more athletic look rather than built look, you could try some complexes. Those are fun.

>>35514911
Smolov.
>>
Requesting starting ass picture plz
>>
File: IMG_20160106_152802678.jpg (2MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160106_152802678.jpg
2MB, 1920x2560px
Got a contusion 6 months ago on my right ring finger.

The thing is it still hasn't healed, leaving me with no mobility there, so gripping my barbells and dumbbells are a pain in the ass and not as safe for me.

Going to the doctor on the 11th, worst case scenario they'll snap that shit and I'll be sol for another 6-7 months

Is their some kind of strap, or harness type of thing that will allow me to do basic squats for my legs, and back, also something so I can work out my chest and arms.

Please help me /fit/ I just wanna get back into lifting so I can fight off my severe depression.
>>
>>35514945
>If you're doing a hard cut natty
Does EC stack count as natty?
Complexes sound fun, but I'm not sure that having such an elevated heart rate is a good idea on EC. What do you think?
>>
Can weighted chins and dips be trained like everything else in SS with 3x5?

I'm doing bodyweight chins 3xF and weighted dips 2x10 at the minute
>>
>>35515047
Yeah, definitely. If you can do 12 reps, it's time to start adding weight. I'd add 5 pounds to your chins and 10 to your dips to start and go from there. If you can do 3x12 with those weights keep adding.
>>
>>35514683
pls respond
>>
>>35515019
Back in hs football we had a coach that had a deformed hand. Every time he did a barbell exercise he just took an elastic strap, put his palm against the bar, and wrapped that shit down.
Go for it bro.
>>
Lads a chubby girl is sending me pics of her tits but she's got a massive red zit on one of them.
Should I fap over them anyway?
>>
>>35515047
3x5 can work, or you can do sets in the 8-12 range. Either should work fine.

I wouldn't go to failure.

>>35515019
Lifting straps might help a bit on pulling exercises since your grip is compromised.

It might be a good idea to look at machine exercises until you can heal. I know /fit/ shits on machines, but they can be really helpful for working around an injury

>>35514814
On a cut, focus on maintaining intensity (weight on the bar) and lower volume (total sets/reps) and/or frequency (how often you hit that bodypart weekly).

If you're already doing a heavy, low volume program like SS, you might even be able to run it as is without reducing volume further.

>>35514727
It's primarily a lat exercise.

>>35514694
When in doubt, take it easy.

>>35514486
It's probably fine. If in doubt, post a form check in /plg/.

>>35515147
A bench and a squat rack would be nice to have as well.
>>
When I do crunches should I work then to failure or just do 3x20?
>>
>>35515167
This sounds a bit dangerous, but could also be good advice. Thanks.
>>35515185
Thank you anon any specific straps you can recommend?
Never really had an issue with machines just heard sometimes they can be real crap depending on your limb length
>>
I've started lifting 1 month ago and my skin got significantly better. Way less acne and blemishes.

Is that a product of lifting or is it just the sign my puberty is absolutely over?
>>
hey /fit/ whats the advantages/difference between doing pushups in gymnastic rings vs on the floor?
>>
My back has been feeling right here for the past few weeks. It turns into a cramp (like the type of calf cramps you get in the middle of the night sometimes) when I'm benching.

What could be the reason for this and how do I fix this? Also could this be causing me the shooting pains I get in my hips/legs?
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 365x248px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 365x248px
>>35515653
Whoops forgot pic.

Also I meant tight, not right
>>
Where shoud I be sore after a good session of deadlifts if my form is good?

Where should I not be sore?
>>
Accessory exercises to help improve bench? My bench is by far my weakest exercises and I've been plateauing on it for months.
>>
>>35515703
Hamstrings, lower back and shoulders.
When I have a good deadlifting session I feel it everywhere

Don't know where you shouldn't feel sore. Just don't feel injured
>>
>>35511286
Go for higher reps in the mean time
>>
>>35515667
its possible you have a slipped rib. i get these from time to time, and usually use a lacrosse ball to help ease it back in place. an instant fix is seeing a chiropractor, they can snap it back in pretty quick.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Chiropractic/comments/va0gq/have_any_of_you_had_any_luck_with_fixing_slipped/
>>
>>35515893
Wouldn't that cause really bad pain though? I had pretty bad hip pain for some days but now it's just persistent annoying pain in random places which isn't too bad.
>>
>>35516030
sometimes its pretty unbearable, but sometimes it just feels like a nagging 'spot' in my back, depending on how bad its slipped. a chiropractor can diagnose it, but thats a crap shoot since most chiros are fucking quacks, and the good ones are few and far between. the one i see basically deals only with athletes, and doesnt try to sell you any sort of bullshit.
>>
help me bros >>35514369
>>
How many calories are in 4oz of raw boneless skinless chicken thigh? Some sites say there are 130 calories and others say up to 170.
>>
Can anyone recommend any protein powders for someone who's lactose intolerant? Whey fucks my shit up hardcore. I've used gold standard soy protein before but they no longer produce it.
>>
As long as I follow the rules of progressive overload, do I ever really need to switch workout program at all? Ever? Sorry if stupid qs. But it's on my mind
>>
>>35513812
respond
>>
So I haven't benched in around 9 years give or take, so I don't know how much I can actually.

But would one handed elevated feet pushups give me an accurate measurement for when I do actually go and try it?

>can do at least 5 with each hand at the end of a workout at 186 which equals out to 130 pounds with each push which equals out to 303 pounds in the 1 bench max.

Is this accurate or am I way off? Last time I benched I got a hernia from like 120 pounds but I was also way weaker and around 50 pounds lighter...
>>
>>35515185
>A bench and a squat rack would be nice to have as well.
I had the idea to clean and press for the OHP instead of getting an additional piece of equipment
also I don't intend to bench press (get enough chest through gymnastics) and squats I'm not interested in. maybe weighted pistols but that's it
>>
>>35516216
If you're cutting assume 170, if you're bulking assume 130.
>>
>>35516663
>(get enough chest through gymnastics)
kek
>>
What are some average weights for someone who starts doing the big 4 lifts SQ, DL, BP, OHP?
>>
>>35516972
The bar
>>
>>35517000
Trips confirm
>>
What is a good routine to do after 5/3/1 Boring but Big?

Weight: Around 165 lbs
Squat: 345 lbs
DL: 405 lbs
Bench: 240 lbs
Press: 180lbs

I want a routine that will allow me to continue getting stronger, but adding mass is also a competing goal. Something with power cleans, c & j, or other oly variants would also be ideal.
>>
Is it worth buying my own barbell to practice OHP, squats, and deadlifts outside the gym?

A little part of me wants to see the delivery man carry it to my door.
>>
A few weeks ago I hurt my back doing either poor form squats or bent over rows
I let it heal, seemed like a pulled muscle but I never had it checked
I just recently went back to the gym, dead lifts took a dive in weight but I had no pain at all. Then i did bent over rows later that week and now my back has been sore and aching for a few days

I'm starting to wonder if my row weight is too high for my back to support in the bent over position

I'm very new so my lifts are quite low, but my deadlift was ~180 and my true was ~95
(My DL was progressing quickly before the injury, so I feel it should be a bit higher. Still, those numbers seem way closer than they should be)

Any advice? Is the aching normal? Should I scale back rows until my DL is higher?
>>
I do 20 minutes of high intesity cardio at the end of my workouts (lots of sweat, struggle to finish) Am I killing my gains or not? I cant tell meme from reality anymore.

I have real shitty genetics and literally all the fat in my body goes to my giant hips, im doing the cardio to try to gradually trim it down whilst still eating a calorie surplus to build muscle, am I doing good?
>>
>>35517548
It may be a form issue. What sort of row are you doing?

>>35517432
Nice barbells cost quite a bit of money. If you have the cash to invest in one, go for it.

>>35517395
You might be at the point where creating your own specialization cycles could be beneficial. More info here:

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=1705

>>35516972
It's individual.

>>35516663
That can work too. I just usually recommend a barbell, rack, and bench as a bare minimum since it lets you perform virtually all of the barbell exercises, if you ever feel the need to.

>>35516219
Beef protein is a possible alternative if you want something animal based, but it's less common and usually mroe expensive than whey.

If you haven't tried whey isolate, you might be able to handle it if it's lactose that's fucking you up. My friend can stomach isolate, but concentrate tears him up.

For plant based powders, soy and pea powders are pretty common. I'm not a fan of plant protein powders though.

>>35516312
At a certain point, yes. For example, most linear progression programs no longer become viable as linear progression doesn't go on forever. At that point, moving to something that has more volume and/or cycles intensity is the most effective way to continue progression, albeit slower.

>>35516158
What are your current lifts? As you pointed out, it's normal to expect progress to stall in a deficit.

You'll probably have to choose which one is more important to you - fat loss or weight progression.
>>
File: 1433966902750.jpg (10KB, 245x217px) Image search: [Google]
1433966902750.jpg
10KB, 245x217px
If I eat anything within an hour or two of going to the gym I throw up afterward pretty consistently but all of these diets recommend a "pre-workout shake" or meal or something and I just can't keep it down

Is this a cardiovascular issue or something what the hell do I need to do
>>
Internationally shipping lifting belts. Where?
>>
I have been doing SS for a few months now and a friend recommend getting BCAA supplements for a pre-workout. I know it stands for branch chained amino acids but wouldn't that just make it a complex protein supplement? What makes it special?
>>
>>35518047
Some people swear that they help a bit around training, but from a nutritional standpoint, they're mostly unnecessary if you already have a decent average protein intake.

>>35517963
Some people just get queasy when exerting themselves on a full stomach.

Training fasted is fine. If you prefer eating after a workout rather than before and it doesn't hurt your performance, go for it.
>>
>>35508866
I've lost 80 pounds in the last year and I am desperate to burn through the last 35 to get down to my first goal weight of 185.

I'm willing to keep going and grind it the hard way as I have been doing (Keto + IF + Stronglifts + light cardio), but at this point I am getting burnt out and just want to fucking get there.

What are my options in the way of 'performance enhancers' to get me the rest of the way up this hill? Would an EC Stack do much at this point? Is there a more powerful stage that I could go to without nuking my testicles and developing bacne? I literally know nothing about steroids.
>>
>>35517751
Pls gib answers kind /fit/izens I need sleep
>>
I was in a car accident recently (about 2 weeks ago). I have no injuries, but I had a very slight amount of tenderness in my chest from the seatbelt/airbag.

However, when I went to go do dips yesterday, the second I put any weight on my hands, I thought my chest was going to crack open. OHP, bench press, and deadlift are all completely unaffected and painless, but I couldn't finish 5 dips at minus 40 pounds.

Any tips? Do I just need to skip dips and just retest whether or not I can dip in the next few weeks?
>>
>>35517788
>>35517548 here
I'm doing bent over barbell rows
>>
Cutting and doing.5x5 opinions
>>
A
Squat 5x5
Lateral raise4x10
Weighted dips 4x10
Db flies 3x10
Bench 4x10
Cable flies 3x10
Tricep extension 3xf
B
Deadlift 5x5
Weighted pullups 4x8
Db row 3x10
Bent over Db lateral raise 3x10
Wrist roller 3xf
Pendlay rows 3x10
ABx.
Is this good after SS?
>>
>>35517751
You won't lose fat whilst eating at a surplus, that's called bulking. Cardio is great for increasing your metabolism, burning calories, and for all round fitness/health, and doesn't kill gains. If you want to build muscle mass/burn fat, you might want to go on more of a lean gains diet that contains high protein and enough carbs to fuel your workouts. Cardio after weights won't reduce gains.

>>35518119
No matter what you take you're going to have to still be at a caloric deficit to lose the weight. I'd say it's time to get off Keto and into counting calories, incorporating more cardio, and to perhaps move into another program, as after a year what worked for you as a novice won't continue working.
>>
File: angry anime girl.jpg (30KB, 307x386px) Image search: [Google]
angry anime girl.jpg
30KB, 307x386px
What underwear does /fit/ wear for lifting? the boxers I like to wear kinda limit my range of motion when squatting and I've actually split a few but I really REALLY don't like the feel of tight fitting briefs, feels disgusting.
>>
Have a $100 gift card to roguefitness.

What should I buy /fit/?
>>
>>35518443
tight fitting briefs
>>
>>35518369
What's your SS routine atm?
>>
What are good substitutes for lat pulldowns?
>>
>>35518453
yeah but besides that, anything else that's good and free?
>>
>>35518461
pullups
>>
>>35518443
I wear running shorts that have built in underwear. They're basically thin, tight fitting briefs.

Panties are supreme
>>
>>35518472
Just go commando.
>>
>>35518458
The lifts?
>>
>>35516477
Pls respond
>>
>>35518443
sauce on her fampai?
>>
>>35518506
Just do the bar and work up from there.

I am confused as to the actual questions. Are you trying to get a 1rm from pushups to bench?
>>
>>35518238
Don't do anything that will hurt you. You probably tore a muscle or something and it's pointless to continue doing dips if it hurts. It might make it worse.
>>
>>35518524
I'm trying to get an estimate from pushups, roughly. I work on the road all the time so it's hard to go to the gym. And when I do I want a rough idea what I can do (probably switching jobs soon)
>>
>>35518502
5'10" 163
B:155
S:225
D:295
Maintaining weight for wrestling
>>
>>35513960
Rip recommends dumbbell curls, because the bicep both flexes and supinates the forearm. You aren't actually getting a full ROM out of the bicep if you don't use both movements. Does it actually matter in terms of hypertrophy you get from different bicep movements? Probably not. Just do some fucking curls twice a week. It's not like a year from now you can look back and think "damn, if only I had chosen another curl variation my arms would be 1 inch larger!"
>>
>>35515719
What is your current benching routine? How much do you weigh and what is your 1RM? How many times a week are you training bench? What other chest and tricep movements are you doing?
>>
will taking creatine help me with my first chin up?
training for 2 months now. I am nearly there, but since I can only do chair assisted chins, I can not really trace my progress and really want to get to do my first chin up.

now the question: creatine helps with muscle strengh, but also increases bodyweight. will it help for chins?
>>
File: sportchek4.jpg (37KB, 742x347px) Image search: [Google]
sportchek4.jpg
37KB, 742x347px
asked this before but still not sure
>brother gave me $50 Sport Chek giftcard
>no idea what to get

my options so far are
>sunglasses
>lifting belt
>compression pants (my calves are too small for them tbrh)
>a new jacket (don't need one tho)
>put it towards new shoes
>>
>>35518817
It likely won't make any significant difference. There is some evidence that creatine can slightly increase 1RM strength, but more effective for efforts of a longer duration (it's essentially an ATP buffer). The best way to get your first chin-up is to more negative and assisted chin-ups and to lose weight. Dieting hard for a week would probably do more than taking loading doses of creatine for a week.

But if you are serious about strength training, there isn't any real reason you shouldn't be taking creatine anyhow...
>>
File: Christian-Bale-Muscles.jpg (23KB, 300x432px) Image search: [Google]
Christian-Bale-Muscles.jpg
23KB, 300x432px
How do I achieve Christian Bale body
>>
File: WRxqE4I.webm (107KB, 364x266px) Image search: [Google]
WRxqE4I.webm
107KB, 364x266px
>>35508866

Was he natty?
>>
Does anyone else strain their neck while working out I seem to do it mainly doing curls and rows?
>>
>>35518238

Dips are fucking horrible for your sternum (not as in damage, but it puts a shitload of pressure on it even if you make sure to keep your chest out)

I don't do them at all.
>>
>>35518960
Pls respond.
>>
File: christian bale bodies.jpg (61KB, 605x515px) Image search: [Google]
christian bale bodies.jpg
61KB, 605x515px
>>35518893
>>35518920
Absolutely not anon
>>
File: spooky scary skelly.jpg (209KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
spooky scary skelly.jpg
209KB, 1600x1200px
>>35519018
>>35518960
no skelly pls go
>>
>>35519036

>tfw too fat to jooce
>>
>>35508866
Holy shit how do I consume more calories? I eat and eat and feel like I'm going to puke and only sit at like 2000 calories if I'm lucky. Fuck.
>>
>>35519018
Only cuckolds do.

>>35519014
This. I injured my sternum doing dips with 90 lbs. That "needs to pop" sensation can happen. And it's not good. I love the way dips feel as a movement. Feels great in my pecs and triceps, never hurt my shoulders or elbows. But goddammit they fuck up my sternum. It's a pretty common problem among young men. Apparently the cartilage doesn't reach full strength until very late in development. If you google "dips chest pop" you can read a lot about it.
>>
>>35517788
Ahhh I see thanks for responding!. So you should change program the moment it's impossible to progress further - Eg add more weight to a certain exercise.

I'm planning then to move on from strong lifts to some kind of split once this happens. Does this sound right? I think I understand
>>
>>35519044
>>35519054
Im not a skelly or a cuck, what now?
>>
What's something that I can do outside of the gym to increase work capacity?
>>
File: laughing brady.png (2MB, 969x1020px) Image search: [Google]
laughing brady.png
2MB, 969x1020px
>>35519065
Consider the following: suicide.
>>
>>35519049
Mix a scoop of protein into 2 cups of whole milk. Add a half cup of whipping cream. There's 600 calories and like 35-40 grams of protein in a delicious, easy to drink format. You're welcome faggot.
>>
>>35519049
always useful for skellys
>>
>>35519074
HIIT.
>>
My girlfriend is 5'7 150. Her deadlift is intermediate (5x3 275). Her chinups are intermediate (12 bodyweight). And her other lifts are mostly intermediate. But her squat is shit (3x5 135).

The question is: Can I have her using 5/3/1 for her deadlift since linear progress has stalled, while using linear progress and 3x per week squatting to catch it up?
>>
File: Reeboshala.jpg (32KB, 531x310px) Image search: [Google]
Reeboshala.jpg
32KB, 531x310px
>Found potential lifting shoes
>Reebok Crossfit

Are these actual lifting shoes or would I be misled if I were to buy these for lifting? The "crossfit" aspect is putting me off but I've wanted to pick up actual lifting shoes for a while.
>>
>>35519138
Also: should she only deadlift + accessories on the day she does 5/3/1? Assuming that is okay?
>>
Where do you find out your workout routines for focusing on certain areas? I really want to increase my forearms/triceps like every noob but it seems like all the google searches are clickbait
>>
File: Unseasoned.jpg (7KB, 231x250px) Image search: [Google]
Unseasoned.jpg
7KB, 231x250px
>>35519076
Thanks senpai
>>
>>35519148
>crossfit
crossfit isn't all bad, just most of it, or at least the vocal portions

that being said, whether or not crossfitters are retarded, the shoe designers probably aren't. go try them on and squat a few times, see how they feel. if cuck taylors work as lifting shoes, I'd imagine specialty ones would as well
>>
>>35519148
The ones you have on picture are. They often have them on sale
>>
File: 1432187436497.jpg (51KB, 720x832px) Image search: [Google]
1432187436497.jpg
51KB, 720x832px
What are the de facto attractive hobbies a man can get into?

It's kinda weird that I can think of many sexy hobbies for women, but none for men.

And yes, we are assuming lifting is either one of the defaults and there is no sense in pointing it out, or that it is not a hobby to begin with.
>>
>>35519242
Why search for entire workouts for a single area?

Just do a regular workout and add exercises for muscle groups you want to it. It's not an instruction manual, it's a suggestion of exercises.
>>
>cut down to flat abs (similar to pic except I am not black)
>have a good adonis belt going on
>still no abs like pic related

It just got flat. What do breh?
>>
>>35519522

Anything where you can make stuff.

>Painting
>Woodworking
>Sculpting
>Leatherworking
>jewelry-making

It all implies you have some sort of useful skill

I did leatherworking and my then fuckbuddy a leather bracelet. She got wet as fuck
>>
If I don't have access to a gym, will

>100 x pushups

>100 x situps

per day actually do anything if I keep at it for a month?
>>
/fit/ I'm fatty that's been running for about 2 - 3 months now. My problem now is that I've been out of shape for so long, my core is absolute wreck and I can't even do sit ups. I know there are progressions into doing a full push up, which I'm doing as well, but are there any progressions into doing a proper sit up again? Pls /fit/ what do I do
>>
>>35519555
work your abs directly

its true that abs are 90% diet but working them directly does have a hypertrophic effect that will allow them to become more pronounced
>>
>>35519891
no
/r/bodyweightfitness

do the recommended routine

or startbodyweight.com
>>
>>35519555
You have to actually train the muscles you want to be visible
>>
How dumb is it to interrupt my bulk with a cut if I'm feeling too chubby, instead of losing it all in one bigger cut before summer?
>>
https://youtu.be/A5qHvePffKY?t=113

Is he talking about lenny?
>>
File: IM.jpg (10KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
IM.jpg
10KB, 280x280px
Is there a good SS alternative for dumbbells?

I have a set of adjustable dumbbells and a flat bench to work with.
>>
>>35520153
Goblet squat
Dumbbell bench press
Seated dumbbell OHP
Farmer's walks
>>
How do I get better at running?
I'm joining the Navy soon and I know I'll have to run.
Problem is, I can't even run a lap around my block without getting tired and getting some weird pain in in my lower abdomen by my hip bone.
Also, when running, I land on my heel and push off with my toes, is that how I'm supposed to do it?
Running just feels clunky and awkward for me.
>>
How can you tell if you have good insertions or a good frame?
>>
>>35509377
I cook mine in milk
>take pot, mug, and spoon
>fill mug with milk add it to pot
>fill mug with oats
>put pot filled with milk on burner
>set burner to high
>constantly stir milk with spoon
>once it bubbles add mug of oats and turn heat down to between medium and low
>stir until you feel it's cooked
>eat
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 323x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 323x960px
>>35519900
Checked

Try pic related.

>>35519996
Lent is coming up. Perfect time to give up food. Run a PSMF and a maintenance routine.

>>35520199
C25k

>>35520231
Look at "natural" body builders/fitness models and compare their muscles to yours.
>>
>>35520307
I dont have a lot of muscle and burning off fat so I'm not sure what I'm looking for.
>>
>>35520307
>C25k
Thanks, just saw that in the sticky too, my bad.

Is it normal to experience pain in my abdomen when running as a beginner? It almost feels like a knot or something.
Will this go away?
>>
Are sugars from fruits like bananas or apples as bad as other sugars? Should I eat them anyway if I have insulin resistance?
>>
Very new to /fit/

Is there an imgur album with all of Sir's new years gym comics? I have seen others.
>>
>>35520379
You know your body. The sugars are usually counteracted by the fiber in the fruit. But you also know how orange juice can effect you. Use your judgement.

>>35520327
if you still have a thick layer of fat it will be difficult to tell.

>>35520345
It's normal to feel a lot of different aches and pains as a newb as you condition your body to physical work.
>>
>>35520451
According to my scaled that does body fat percentages I sit at 23%
>>
>>35520495
How low do I need to be before I can properly judge my frame and insertions?
>>
>>35520563
20. At 18 you'll start to see the first forming of your abs.
>>
Has anyone here tried Real Food? And if so, is it worth the money?
>>
Just dropped barbell rows for power cleans on my SS. However I would like to keep them as an accessory lift because i like doing them. Currently I have the base program but with dips at the end of workout A after my deadlifts. When would be an appropriate time to do my rows? After dips? Also, I would like to incorporate more bodybuilding accessories so any suggestions for those would be appreciated. Yes i read the book and yes i am aware that it may slow my progress on the program.
>>
>>35511336
7/10 would fist shitter
>>
is this right?
>"if you're counting the type of carbs that affect your blood sugar, you can subtract the grams of fiber from the total grams of carbohydrate to get a more accurate picture."

http://www.livestrong.com/article/494791-does-fiber-cancel-out-carbs/
>>
Just a quick question, I've slacked off in the gym over the past 3 months and really want to get back in soon, but dont want to be part of the NYR meme population
>>
>>35521338
Just go back faggot
>>
I never grew up with proper dieting. I am slightly overweight but muscular from weightlifting. DYEL status compared to /fit/ though.

How the fuck do I start a diet? What is a good routine? I don't even know what to eat because I was never taught discipline at the dinner table and was allowed to eat mac n cheese and oreos for so long. My metabolism isn't as insane as when I was 5-12 now and since then I've had a layer of body fat I don't know how to get rid of. Where can I find dieting information from scratch? Also, is the stronglifts 5x5 a good routine for someone who has basic experience with free weights but not much more than that?
>>
Any bros able to recommend a good set of scales for both food prep and creatine etc?
>>
Getting to 10% and below bodyfat - do I have to use carb cycling? What do I do to get there?
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.