[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

question for all femanons or informed males: my gf is trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

question for all femanons or informed males: my gf is trying to lose weight, she does yoga 3 times a week and cardio 2 times a week and eats clean. what effect do birthcontrol pills have on this? she tried different ones and is currently on one that has Levonorgestrel as its main active component, also Ethinylestradiol.
>>
>>35499366
Nurse here. One common side effect of oral contraceptives is weight gain.

But I've never seen anyone get fat because of it.

Honestly it shouldn't do shit.
>>
>>35499428
thank you. she has gained some weight, but not like she's a pig. it shouldn't be a problem then?
>>
>>35499428
My cousin got all sorts of fucked up on birth control - massive water retention, depression, migraines, did her metabolism in etc. but there's a super low chance of that happening apparenty

Pills can cause a variety of issues but normally it just makes it a little harder to stay healthy, not impossible
>>
>>35499366
you didn't ask this, but tell her not to just do cardio -- if you wanna lose weight consistently, you have to do strength training.
>>
The short answer is no.
Birth control is taken for a variety of reasons and come with a variety of side effects (as someone else said.) I don't know a single girl that hasn't gotten "fucked up" when starting birth control. It's OK to change it every 6 months to find the right pill. Personally, I started taking it because of PCOS. The side effects made me change which one I was on several times (first one caused suicidal depression, second didn't have enough hormone to cause period, another caused massive water retention.) Any responsible OB/GYN will work with her to find the right one. If the side effects are causing behaviors that lead to weight gain (depression - overeating, water retention - increased salt intake, transform into a crazy bitch - stress/sweet eating) then the doc should discuss different birth control options. If she's having these side effects and she's only on it for contraceptive reasons, maybe the shot or IUD is more appropriate. I think the pill has so many good benefits that it's worth the hassle of finding the right one. What helped me most was getting the right amount of sleep (not too little, not too much), no caffeine, and daily cardio 30-90 mins (especially important to stay active to help ward off blood clots).
>>
>>35499366
Medical student and woman here.

> Levonorgestrel and Ethinylestradiol.
As an anon said, it's water retention. Try birth pills with progestogen only.

>she does yoga 3 times a week
Whoa, it's fucking nothing! Make her drink more water and work out.
>>
>>35499366
Tell her to count calories and lift (heavy weights) all women fall for this cardio bunny meme but it doesn't do shit, you don't burn shit and you don't get ripped.
>>
thanks a lot everyone, I will show this to her and definitly try out some things.
>>
File: Screenshot_247.png (321KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_247.png
321KB, 1080x1920px
From mossad
>>
>>35499366
>pregnant asian

my fetish
>>
>>35500132
you are fucking delusional
>>
>>35499366
Estrogen makes the body keep water like a bitch, hence the weight gains. And keep in mind, prolonged use of birth controll pills can severly fuck up the liver on the longrun. And I mean, really fuck up.
>>
>>35499366
Birth control can also cause her to not be able to get wet, and that can last a while after she stops taking it. It also made me depressed, and I ate through my depression, so I think it was my diet not the pill. But I definitely gained weight. I've had bad experiences with iuds too, but if you want to keep side effects to a minimum tell her paraguard is the way to go.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.