[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pack your things boys, its over. Being /fit/ isn't good anymore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 24

File: its over bois.png (222KB, 1232x1070px) Image search: [Google]
its over bois.png
222KB, 1232x1070px
Pack your things boys, its over. Being /fit/ isn't good anymore
>>
>>35490743
>tfw this actually has a lot of truth in it
The more i've started lifting and focusing on aesthetics, the more shallow i've become, and the more shallow i've expected other people to be.
Being /fit/ may indeed be a sickness srs.
>>
>>35490743

>not permabulking

not gonna make it, son
>>
File: mathew.jpg (117KB, 1082x1600px) Image search: [Google]
mathew.jpg
117KB, 1082x1600px
>>35490743
>implying I give a fuck about what this guy thinks
>>
>lifelong working on the only thing you really own to keep it strong and healthy is comparable to model trains and knitting
>ishygddt
>>
Zac Efron looks dyel.
>>
>>35491076

Expected him to also have glasses and a beard, desu
>>
Does anyone else burn with rage reading these poorly researched and massively biased articles?
>>
File: Dissapointment.jpg (28KB, 518x311px) Image search: [Google]
Dissapointment.jpg
28KB, 518x311px
>>35490743
>We must do away with the double standard whereby people with eclectic interests such as knitting, model trains, and online gaming are labeled odd whereas those who spend inordinate amounts of time (often alone) to sculpt the perfect body, are peaks of virtue

Yes we should, having a hobby isn't really something to be ashamed of

>People with such interesting bodies ought to be mocked

Oh you want to mock fitness as well as having a hobby?

Seriously, this fucking judgemental cunt sounds like the worst kind of person.

I bet this hack calls themselves a fucking journalist too.
>>
>>35491269
Dude, he is almost 100% correct. Disregarding the minor errors in the description of the way to achieve being ripped, he is completely correct. Ever notice how /fit/fags lack in other aspects in life? It's because they sculpt themselves to attract chicks instead of actually talking to them.
>>
>>35491076
Lmao. Skellyfats gonna skelly. I don't care about having rock hard abs but goddamn I'm glad to be building a body that doesn't look like it'd literally bedestroyed if it had to withstand anything even remotely physically challenging.
>>
>>35491324
Worse - a comedian who moonlights as a blogger/investigative journalist.
>>
Some of you do not understand satire. His basic point is that people should do what they want, not what others want them to do. He's also not as clever as he thinks he is, but that's true of 99.9% of web writers.
>>
>>35491332
I'm not talking about 'muh aesthetics' teenagers on /fit/ and roided instagram shills, this guy is equating literally anyone who puts effort into bettering their health and appearance through weight training or otherwise as a vain obsessive with no possible other qualities or hobbies to speak of. Can't you see how offensive that is? I have a gf (who I had long before I made any gains) a job, hobbies that I enjoy, pretty good social skills and a decent personality, but because I really want to bench 2pl8 for easy reps, I'm immediately a vain meathead? That's a shit way for him to view the world.
>>
File: 1447815132913.png (563KB, 861x990px) Image search: [Google]
1447815132913.png
563KB, 861x990px
>>35490743
>caring what some jelly internet DYEL thinks
>>
File: arnoldannoyed.gif (3MB, 353x209px) Image search: [Google]
arnoldannoyed.gif
3MB, 353x209px
>>35490743
>>35491324
>fitness is considered a hobby instead of a necessary part of life
Literally every doctor worth their salt says we need at least half an hour of exercise a day, with a mix of aerobic and anaerobic workouts.
>>
>>35490743
>People with such ridiculous bodies ought to be mocked. Not out of jealously (okay, partly out of jealously)

You either get shredded or die miring
>>
>>35491419
Benching 2pl8s because you want to is okay. Sacrificing a big part of your life to do it just because is not. Just like grinding in an MMO or collecting useless stuff. This article is about recognising that fitness is, indeed, a hobby and should be treated as such. As in, a person completely obsessed with it should be treated like a person obsessed with collecting coins or having the best gear in an MMO. This article is rough and unpolished, and obviously written for the masses, but it is a gem.
>>
>>35491524
I mean. Workout out chest a couple of times a week isn't a big deal.
>>
>>35491524
>Sacrificing

Time management is not that hard. An hour a day at the gym and meal preparation once a week isn't a huge time sink.
>>
>>35490743
>an hour a day is "extreme cardio"
Nigga what the fuck.
>>
>>35490743
This guy writes like a feminist lesbian.

I thought it was chick for sure.
>>
>>35490743
just like rest of 4chan

now kill yourself
>>
>>35491076
>that hairline

I fucking can't, its like poetry
>>
>>35490743
>Being strong is not useful
When you lack strength it's not really something that you notice every second. Humans are smart and they get used to shit, so they work around their lack of strength. It's obviously possible to get by being a weak fuck. Being stronger unexpectedly helps you with so many things though. This Christmas I helped my parents with the Christmas decorations for example, and everything felt so much easier than last year, it's truly amazing.

>In most situations potential partners cannot see your abs
Yeah, because all people are working on are their abs, it's the only muscle in the human body. I swear to god, people can see whether you are fit or not just my looking at your facial fat and neck.

Anyway, I don't like how he assumes that I do that to impress other people. I hardly know anyone else. I have a gf for more than 2 years, she liked my body before and now. I just like how I feel afterwards, it's good for my health (no more shoulder problems, no more back problems). I work out at home, like one hour a day tops. It's not a big deal when you are not a lazy, sorry piece of shit, who likes to talk other people's lifestyles down to feel more comfy on his own fat ass.
>>
> having the capability to regain grim decadence and having discipline are weird
To the fat weak willed fatty who wrote that maybe
>>
File: shattered.png (467KB, 417x582px) Image search: [Google]
shattered.png
467KB, 417x582px
>>35490743

>fit shaming becomes the latest special snowflake trend
>anyone who can walk unassisted or wipe their own ass gets ridiculed
>bacon smeared fatties get mad outside gyms everywhere
>weak-willed forty-somethings and ugly women rejoice
>frumpy housewives and feminists froth at the vagina from fighting muh body shaming
>mobility scooters do donuts in gym carparks
>fatties then go and buy actual donuts
>fit people go about their lives
>normal people don't even notice the fatrage
>ham-people die off from obesity related illness, diabetes and loneliness
>everything returns to normal
>their faces when
>>
>>35491524
>written for the masses
Any form of entertainment (which is what this article is) done 'for the masses' is guaranteed trash. Just because he makes an obvious and already much discussed point (people obsessing over their abs/aesthetics are vain and annoying) doesn't make it a gem. Hike up your intellectual standards. People IRL obsess in a non-hobby way over much more trivial and stupid shit than fitness as well, it just doesn't incite ire in the same way fitness does because there's no jealousy attached to it.
>>
>>35491332
>judging entire peoples life style based on what they say on an anonymous taiwanese quilting board
Jesus Christ. I bet you believe all /pol/tards regularly go out on crusades as well.
>>
>>35491076
he literally has no dick
>>
>>35490811
Maybe you're just a shitty person?
>>
File: IMG-20151224-WA0017.jpg (328KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20151224-WA0017.jpg
328KB, 3264x1836px
>>35490743

Hi /fit/ my name is anon. Shame me for working out.

Should I give up and start a model train collection?
>>
>>35491662
>shame me for lifting
>clearly doesn't lift
>>
>>35491076
JUST
>>
>>35490743
lol every single person in the world could make fun of me every day

It won't even make me hesitate doing what I want to do. I want to be strong, I'll be strong. Simple as that
>>
>>35491324
And
Knitting, model trains and online gaming are all usually done alone for hours at a time too.
>>
>>35490743
>this article
>Not a propaganda piece for train set enthusiasts

fucking jelly trainfags
>>
File: 1450841852004.jpg (313KB, 2336x3246px) Image search: [Google]
1450841852004.jpg
313KB, 2336x3246px
>>35491673

Thanks for following directions, faggot
>>
poe's law
>>
>>35490743
the fuck?

model trains and online gaming don't even come close to the productivity that getting ripped does. Thats why fitness is revered, because its healthy. Who is this faggot kidding?
>>
>>35490811
You're just a cunt, m8. Now you're a cunt with confidence, which is the worst.
>>
>>35491746
I was wondering that. Fat hate threads sort of numbed my sensibility for how deluded people can realistically be.

Actually, reading the article again, I think you are right.

Now I feel dumb.
>>
>>35491076
TURBO JEW
>>
>>35491076
>mfw he's trying to cull the competition
>>
>>35491745
I didnt faggot I shamed you for not lifting.

Now you can say I have body dysmorphia or that I've been using /fit/ too long, nah, you have pathetically low standards and always have. For me I knew I was better than other people (like you), I knew I was smarter than other people, I didn't lift hard but I always lifted, then when I started doing it seriously I became an elite by every means, people will take a picture of a car their mother bought them and put it on the internet for others to see. These same people would get upset when someone posted their body, douche or tryhard they would say.

Then I completely stopped caring what other people thought, if I needed something I would take it, and now I've reached a quiet peace with myself as I strive to continuously be better than the previous day.
>>
>1 hour of cardio is supposed to be impressive
>thinking you need alcohol or sweets to be happy

His life must suck honnestly
>>
File: tumblr_nvlvnu9puj1qb85cqo1_1280.jpg (129KB, 557x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvlvnu9puj1qb85cqo1_1280.jpg
129KB, 557x720px
>body acceptance
>but only for fat people
stupid fat people.
>>
I'd rather jerk off on a ripped dude than a model train
>>
>>35490811
Me too man, I love it.

Women do too (which is why all women are cunts)
>>
File: 1446842550843.jpg (1MB, 1952x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1446842550843.jpg
1MB, 1952x3264px
>>35490743
Actrual picture of the writer of that shit

>amazing books to read
and yet you spend every night watching net-flicks
>natural wonders to absorb
Yet all you absorb is a double baconator every single day
>people to meet
Tumblr doesn't count as meeting people
>delicacies to try
How fat is this person? are they regular fat schlubby or massively fat?
>>
>>35491076

>balding
>greying of hair
>poor posture
>double chin
>casual shirt with blazer on
>jeans
>skinny-fat
>doesn't work hard
>writes this article

This guy is the summation of mediocrity along with majority of society. IF they're going to mock us, then let them. We know that we're in the right and they know that they're wrong, they can't do what we do because their mediocre and only live a life in a 9-5 cycle.
>>
>>35491746
My thoughts exactly.
>>
>>35491076
>I'm such an effeminate faggot that instead of being more manly, I'll write an article about how manly men should be more girly to make me look manlier in comparison

These fucking people baffle me
>>
>>35491843
>tfw problematic is perfectly valid technical language in philosophy but retards have killed it
>>
>>35491843
>small fats and large fats

It's like they have their own little world to themselves.
>>
>>35491824
Jesus christ try pulling your head out of your own ass for a few minutes.

>>35491662 clearly does lift, not for a long time or at least not seriously. If you're trying to say otherwise you have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

Whatever, I shouldn't even have bothered replying to an obvious troll post.
>>
>>35491854
All these things are true
>>
File: no rape culture.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
no rape culture.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>35491873
same with /pol/ and "degenerate"
or cuck
>>
>>35491824

>you can say I have body dysmorphia

Probably that and you're a faggot.
>>
>>35491824
Hear hear
>>
>>35491892
>tfw no based qt politiwaifu
>>
>>35490743
>MATHEW KENNEALLY
>>
File: lauren southern.jpg (189KB, 1747x983px) Image search: [Google]
lauren southern.jpg
189KB, 1747x983px
>>35491957
>Lauren Southern will never be your /pol/ gf
To be so bright at a young age...she must have a great father
>>
File: 1451946609456.gif (886KB, 220x150px) Image search: [Google]
1451946609456.gif
886KB, 220x150px
>drop the fat with extreme cardio (possibly an hour a day)
>extreme cardio
>hour a day
>extreme
>hour
>cardio
>day
>>
>>35492109
fucking kek
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 640x496px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 640x496px
>>35491824
>>
>>35490743
>Spending endless hours exercising in a world with so many amazing books to read, art to see, natural wonders to absorb, people to meet, and delicacies to try is not a sign of health but rather a sign of sickness.
That or you're fucking poor like everyone else.
>>
Can't everyone just not give a fuck? Exercise, don't exercise, whatever, just live your life and leave it at that. Just live your fucking life and don't go out and sticking your nose into other peoples' business. Can't people just practice 'apathetism'? Keep it off my wave, keep off my wave.
>>
>>35490811
Nah man, its just "shallow" because you dont have to wade through 300 feet of bullshit to get to the person
>>
>>35491332
But thats just /fit/ which represents a very very very small portion of the population, even less of the people who actually post and dont just lurk
>>
>>35491524
He also equates an hour of exercise a day as something completely unheard of, thats what got to me
>>
>being /fit/
>having abs
Pick one
>>
>>35492206
But then what will I do with my life if I can't post in fat people hate threads?
>>
>>35492300
Go and lift, just do what you like and leave them to be.
>>
File: zach efron.jpg (272KB, 425x638px) Image search: [Google]
zach efron.jpg
272KB, 425x638px
>>35490743
>Stop it Zach Efron, you just look creepy
Yeah, I'll bet he has a lot of trouble picking up chicks

>>35490811
As I got older I started realizing women tend to be a bit cunty. Then I did online dating for a bit and realized that most women are indeed stupid cunts. That's when I became shallow AF because I learned there is no inner beauty with most women and you can't love them for their minds, so might as well love dat ass.
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 410x308px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 410x308px
>at work
>someone brings in bagels and cream cheese
>not glorious New York style shit, but pumpkin pie bagels with cheesecake flavored cream cheese
>people ask why I didn't eat any
>say I intermittent fast, even joke that I'm watching what I eat like every other jackass this time of year
>"Anon, bagels aren't that bad for you"
>"What's the point of being alive if you don't eat a couple bagels in the morning?"
>"I heard not eating makes you fatter"
>"A balanced breakfast is important! I have this everyday!"
>"My dad fasted in the 70s once and now he's dead"
>all these people are overweight
The astounding thing is they believe every word. I know I did when I was that weight. I just want to show them the light...
>>
>>35491824

He's got a ways to go, but he at least doesn't look like the beta orbiter that wrote the article
>>
>>35492442
>long way to go

Yeah I'm attempting my first bulk, just been eating lentil soup, chicken, and other /fit/ foods until I feel like I'm going to burst and repeat again when I feel like I won't get sick.

174cm 145lbs. I don't know how much weight I should gain before cutting. 165 seems like a good weight but I'll probably eye ball it.

My lifts have increased significantly since eating more (no shit). Squat is 250lb x 5 today.

I'd like to be aesthetic but I need to gain a bunch more weight.
>>
>>35491076
It's so sad, you know this guy got picked on at high school just looking at him. Surely after experiencing bullying he would understand why it should not be. But he goes the wrong way and now advocates bullying.

I was picked on a lot at school because I was a weird little shitcunt, now I try not to bully anyone.
>>
>>35492352
story time?
Story time.
>>
>>35490743
Bigorexia or muscle dismorphia is a HUGE issue amongst males of all ages.
It deserves as much attention as anorexia and other mental illnesses
>>
>>35491673
he obviously lifts faggot
>>
>>35491572
This part, when I was training for sport I was at least an hour every day except Sunday, am and pm sessions some days
>>
File: 1229897273704.jpg (37KB, 555x448px) Image search: [Google]
1229897273704.jpg
37KB, 555x448px
>>35490743
I saw this day coming.
>>
>>35492597
stories about what? About online dating?
Normal dating is stacked against men, and online dating is 10x more.
So women don't even bother trying. I got stood up a couple times. It was pretty common for women to show up late, often without even apologizing. I dated a few women who proudly talked about feminism in every section of their profile... but still expected me to make the first move, and the second, and the third, because they only want equality when it suits them. I'm a liberal who only got matched with other liberal women, and I still had to pay for the date half the time. Several women had me pay for the first date, even when they never intended to go on a second date with me. They were literally just using me for free food. Women are flaky as fuck, half the women I dated cancelled at least one date, sometimes at the last minute. And reading their profiles, so many women can't even avoid coming across like entitled brats in their profile.

Also talking to women IRL about online dating it hits you just how pathetic women are. Online dating is a fucking jackpot for women, they have thousands of men they can date with almost no effort... and yet somehow they still find a way to pretend that it's hard to be a woman. I know girls who used OKCupid for months and complained about being single. How the fuck can I respect a gender so retarded that they can reject thousands of men and then complain about being single?

I think what bugged me the most was that women would rarely actually reject you. You'd go on a first date, text her after to see if she wants a second one... and most of the time it's just silence, because most women are too cunty to even say "no thanks." I dated a girl for over a month, and then she just stopped talking to me one day. Never even bothered to say "sorry I just don't think it's working out."

Go make an OKCupid account for a few months, you'll lose all respect for women and become shallow as fuck.
>>
>>35491857
What's wrong with jeans?
>>
>>35491892
>go rape her and laff when no prosecution

If I was terrible I would.
>>
But what if I like fitness AND model trains? Is my only autistic purpose in live to switch tabs between /fit/ and /n/?
>>
>>35490743

>places to visist

>art to see

>people to meet

>books to read

>delicacies to try

Except that being fit actually makes all these things better. When I go places, I can keep moving all day. I'll kayak, climb mountains, hike to see beautiful Vistas. You have the confidence to interact with complete strangers, to try new things, and not feel like crap after because your body is falling apart. Your body is the vessel that carries you through this world. The better shape your body is in, the better every other thing you experience will be.
>>
>tfw everyone in this thread got b8

This nigga writes satire for a living

>Disclaimer: Mathew Kenneally is not a Doctor or fitness instructor. All of these opinions are based on some googling, casual conversations at bars with people who have googled, and personal prejudice. Before commencing a fitness regime consult your Doctor, not this article.

Mathew Kenneally is a comedian who moonlights as a lawyer and vice versa. His comedy focuses on politics, social commentary, and his constant struggle with modern life. Currently, he is trying to figure out how to live an active social life while abstaining from Facebook. He is the co-author of the satirical blog Diary Leaks and co-founder of the comedy room politicalasylum.com.au

Read more at http://www.mamamia.com.au/how-to-workout/#dtfTPBPCkLu46mcd.99
>>
File: 1449084246108.jpg (41KB, 506x494px) Image search: [Google]
1449084246108.jpg
41KB, 506x494px
>tfw despite all the efforts of SJWs everywhere they will never succeed in making me give a solid fuck of what they want the world to be
>>
>>35492413

They were having fun you fucking autist.
>>
>>35491868
this

fucking this
>>
>>35490743

>no sugar
>no beer
>no fun

I lol'd
>>
>>35490743
>mathew
ashamed to share the same name
unfortunately for him, he has the inferior single T
>>
File: 1434549389770.gif (1021KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
1434549389770.gif
1021KB, 500x484px
>people falling for a satire piece

Goddamn what a genius
>>
>>35491332
So this guy has accurately described an entire demographic based on the couple of hours they spend in the gym?

Pls dont procreate, you're equally retarded
>>
File: good future.jpg (37KB, 540x420px) Image search: [Google]
good future.jpg
37KB, 540x420px
>>35493589
illiterate mooslim detected
>>
File: CIk-WUfUAAA2YF3.jpg (23KB, 540x516px) Image search: [Google]
CIk-WUfUAAA2YF3.jpg
23KB, 540x516px
>>35492553
>lentil soup

i had that delicious shit for the first time a few days ago and im still shitting and farting very frequently. do you know how much fiber is in those things?
>>
>>35491332
>implying I'm not a math major $390K starting salary with a butterfly garden
>>
>>35494199
>Anime autist loser can't tell satire from sincerity

I'm not surprised to be honest.
>>
>>35491524
>le tricky hook reply
>>
>>35491332
>He thinks talking to women will make them attracted to you

Don't forget to neg three times for good luck :^)
>>
>>35491332
>Ever notice how /fit/fags lack in other aspects in life?
I have an advanced degree and a great job. Great social life. Pretty successful dating/sex life too.

And I'm not an exception. Statistically speaking, fit people are more intelligent and more likely to succeed in other aspects of our life than unfit people. The "dumb jock" stereotype is completely false. Fit people get better grades in school and end up with better careers. And obviously the ladies love them.
>>
File: get rekt.png (30KB, 519x134px) Image search: [Google]
get rekt.png
30KB, 519x134px
>>35494267
hahahahaha I win you lose xD

better not reply to me bc you've already been shrekt m8, absolutely destroyed, never talk shit about anime again
>>
>>35491618
Kek, underrated. solid 7/10
>>
File: 2016-01-04-22-11-07-1925368057.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-04-22-11-07-1925368057.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
>>35491076
Reminds me of old man Quagmire.
>>
>>35490743
>extreme cardio
>possibly an hour a day
OMFG A WHOLE ***HOUR*** A DAY? MADNESS!

>mfw I spend up to 15 hours a week on a bike, sometimes more
What a pussy.
>>
>>35491857
>>casual shirt with blazer on

Yeah? That's what a blazer is for. If you're wearing a button up shirt and matching pants that's not a fucking blazer anymore now is it?
>>
How will you react when fit shamed in public?
Will you whine,and complain about social standards, how the cake industry is brainwashing people to make them fat, and clothing companies keep making skinny jeans that don't fit your juicy quads?

or will you practice a perfect BB stage flex pose while flipping them off, then ignore them, because you can't feel shameful when you are in the right?
>>
>>35491076
>Blazer that is clearly not fitted for his small frame
>Redish colored t-shirt that clearly matches the outfit.
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.