[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are you guys against lifting gloves? I personally have never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: glov.jpg (24KB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
glov.jpg
24KB, 400x226px
Why are you guys against lifting gloves?
I personally have never worn them and my hands are getting kind of calloused now.
So what's the reason /fit/? Why do you hate them?
>>
I don't hate them, I just see way too many dyels wearing them

>mfw easily 300lb NYR waddles in with gloves, altitude mask and epic 'what does the fox say' t shirt to do machine circuit
>>
>>35484756
damn.
but do YOU wear them?
If not, haven't your hands gotten calloused?
>>
>>35484805
and your boyfriend doesnt like your rough hands on his cock?
>>
Being against gloves is a meme
>>
>>35484805
>a man
>worried about callouses

Pick one.
>>
As gay as I think they are I consider getting some every time. My callouses are like hard little pebbles and they're starting to really dig into my hands.
>>
they can actually result in larger and worse callusing
>>
>>35484876
Sand them down? Pain in the ass the first time but if you do it regularly it's pretty manageable
>>
>>35484709
It's a meme.
>>35484832
This
>>35484974
Only if your grip technique is retarded. Curl your fingers around the bar and then your palm so all the weight isn't bearing directly on the skin folds. You will still have small rough spots but definitely nothing so big you'll need to sand them like a fucking mongoloid
>>35484841
>>35484819
>Only pussyass fuccbois get sick, that's why real men don't get the mumps vaccine
Please fucking go. You are everything that makes this place just as bad as reddit
>>
>I have intensly sweaty palms, and small hands.
>Do mostly barbell exercises, but also a couple of dumbell.
>Use chalk for barbells and gloves for dumbells.

Haters gonna hate.
>>
Gloves are for faggots who don't want to learn proper grip technique.

It's like saying "why use the bench when the Smith machine is easier?"
>>
>>35485269
>comparing calluses to viral infections
retard
>>
>>35484756
Pretty much this.

It's like belts and wrist straps as well.

Perfectly acceptable with heavy weight but see a lot newbs use them with hardly any weight at all.
>>
>>35485307
You're using an outdated and misguided sense of masculinity to incorrectly assign your latent homosexuality to a better way of doing something in order to make yourself feel better about having a small dick. It's the same thing. Learn to contextualize.

Also
>calluses
Learn to spell
>retard
>>
Have to wear gloves due to genetic skin condition that turns my skin into paper-mache. I'm aware it looks stupid as hell, and I'm not that big, but I don't really have any other choice.
>>
>>35484709
I don't hate gloves but they are a sure fire way to spot a beginner. You won't get campuses calluses if you learn to grip the bar properly. But honestly it's pretty feminine for a guy to lift in gloves even if he doesn't know how to grip the bar
>>
File: 1329208577219.jpg (58KB, 480x390px) Image search: [Google]
1329208577219.jpg
58KB, 480x390px
I always wore gloves until recently I stopped for no reason, which has lead to me to grip weighs differently and build some man hands
>>
>>3548470

>home gym in garage
>freezing weather
>bar hurts like hell first thing because it's so bloody cold
>start wearing biking gloves and a hoody while squatting
>after, bar is warm enough to do the rest of my workout
>days are getting colder so I'm considering switching to full time lifting gloves for the winter

Will the gloves cause any actual future issues? Should I add grip specific accessories to make up for them? I like my calluses but I also like warm hands (or at least not frozen ones)
>>
>>35485720
Not using lifting gloves might hurt your vagina bone. Just pour some hot water over the bar if it's really that cold
>>
>>35484709
Why would anyone not want calloused hands? It's free protection for your skin.
>>
Using lifting gloves is much like wearing pink shirts. Yes, if you're a confident, handsome guy and/or a huge badass, you can easily pull it off and no one will judge you for wearing one, but if you're just a regular dude, you look like a fucking faggot.
>>
>>35485984
Pour hot water over a cold metal bar 3-4 days a week. A bar meant to carry heavy loads...

Go read a book.
>>
>>35486295

Never fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
File: dom-mazzetti-do-you-even-lift.png (348KB, 650x393px) Image search: [Google]
dom-mazzetti-do-you-even-lift.png
348KB, 650x393px
>Maybe you're lifting and you're thinking to yourself, "Ouch, these rugged iron weights are hurting my frail velvet hand skin, maybe I should start wearing lifting gloves so I can continue to give my boyfriend smooth handjobs with my buttery man paws." In that case, lifting gloves are for you.
>>
>>35486295
>2016
>Not sleeping next to your qt3.14 barbell
What the fuck is wrong with you people
>>
>>35484709
It's just a few kids on the internet acting all tough, don't worry.

I don't use them myself, but I totally get it, the callouses don't feel nor look particularly good, I just don't really care much.
>>
>>35485327
KEKITY KEK
First time I've heard that one
>>
>>35486149
They look weird and I don't really like the feel of overly rough hands.
>>
>>35484709
Because they look stupid.

Sure, they are a great idea if you want to have soft hands, but callouses are a sign of a lifting man.
>>
>>35485407
underrated post
>>
the point of lifting is to either look good or develop athletic ability to be used later

gloves defeat both of those purposes
>>
>>35485474
This picture made me laugh so hard had tears in my eyes and was chokin a bit only read half of it too lol
>>
>>35484709

Why are you even worried about callouses, your boyfriend was complaining when you gave him handjobs?

Also don't forget to buy them the same color as your lifting plug and to always carry them around on your purse.

fucking faggot
>>
File: Chalk vs Gloves.png (35KB, 660x243px) Image search: [Google]
Chalk vs Gloves.png
35KB, 660x243px
>>35484709
>buy coarse emery board
>file calluses every once in a while
>apply some lotion if they start to crack

problems solved
>>
>>35487237
Ronnie coleman wears gloves. Are you better than ronnie coleman?
>>
>>35485407
Rekt
>>
File: 1451937682877.jpg (49KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1451937682877.jpg
49KB, 500x375px
>>
>>35484819
how's middle school going?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.