[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
>tfw vegan
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 22
File: muhprotein.jpg (225 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
muhprotein.jpg
225 KB, 720x1280
>tfw vegan

how do you bros do it?
>>
Hemp protein? Dunno only stuff i can think for vegans that doesn't contain carbs like soy.
>>
>>28959212
that looks horrible
>>
>>28959218
Frozen peas (I like the texture better) + nutritional yeast.

Actually tastes pretty fucking good, the yeast tastes exactly like those kraft cheese packets I had when I was a kid
>>
>>28959212

Damn why don't we get that over here, I could turn vegan if I had that shit.

I just eat veggies with some cheese usually and milk for breakfast but I could work with that.
>>
>>28959233
>nutritional yeast.
Saccharomyces are little bugs, so you're technically not vegan. In fact you're murdering billions of little creatures just so you can eat. Feel guilty.
>>
>>28959212
Just eat you faggot. Beans, lentils, peanuts, soy (it doesn't cause gyno, lrn2humanbiology), rice, oats, quinoa, seitan, almonds, walnuts... There's a shitton of food you can eat. Fucking eat it
>>
>>28959326
>vegans think killing is wrong

I'm not even vegan, but you're dumb.
>>
>>28959326
> implying they belong in the animal kingdom
>>
>>28959212
you're
a
fucking
idiot
eat
meat
you
cunt
>>
>>28959326
>implying I'm a vegan because muh animals

the dumbest reason
>>
>>28959367
what is other reasons to be not eat meat bits animals?
>>
>>28959355
They do, actually.
>>
Please do not post trolls outside of /b/.

Report and hide.
>>
File: muh_b33f.jpg (56 KB, 327x458) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
muh_b33f.jpg
56 KB, 327x458
>yfw I built this with plants

Eat yer beans OP.
>>
>>28959385
no you didn't
>>
>>28959212
This guy is vegan. Not big but he is strong and does some cool stuff
www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfYztexootQ
>>
>>28959373
The same reason I walk/bike everywhere, use reusable bags, eat mostly locally produced food, etc.

the livestock and fishing industries are expensive, fucking terrible for the environment, and not sustainable at all.
>>
File: 140891960874.jpg (8 KB, 151x225) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
140891960874.jpg
8 KB, 151x225
RICE AND BEANS
I
C
E

A
N
D

B
E
A
N
S

ARROZ E FEIJÃO
>>
>>28959415
>www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfYztexootQ

actually doesn't look that bad if it wasn't expensive as fuck to keep all that shit.
>>
>>28959407

By plants he means steroids
>>
File: fuckhumanity.png (1 MB, 996x603) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fuckhumanity.png
1 MB, 996x603
>>28959415
Did that dude just blended that packaging
>>
>>28959466
The dish is very nutritious. Rice is rich in starch, an excellent source of energy. Rice also has iron, vitamin B and protein. Beans also contain a good amount of iron and an even greater amount of protein than rice. Together they make up a complete protein,[3] which provides each of the amino acids the body cannot make for itself.

In addition, rice and beans are common and affordable ingredients, often available in difficult economic times.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_and_beans
>>
File: 1402271345202.jpg (176 KB, 798x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1402271345202.jpg
176 KB, 798x600
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdhkba5lyqk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy5cHheCZSE
>>
>>28959490

Don't you know most vitamin is on the fruit's skin and stuff
>>
>>28959494
rice and beans is fucking shite m8

a chicken breast gives you way more protein per calorie

mexicans are short because they didnt eat enough protein, all their poor ass beaner parents gave them is rice and beans when they were kids.
>>
>>28959490
I can only hope it is a joke. I mean the video was quite edited so I doubt that is what he actually drank in the end (as there would be plastic in that)
>>
>>28959579
Rice and beans is a meal unto itself. Chicken is chicken. Rice and beans has fiber. Chicken is chicken.
Protein content is not the only important thing about your food
>>
>>28959579
The world's oldest dog (27) ate nothing but rice and beans from birth.
>>
File: ur_a_faget.png (4 KB, 263x263) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ur_a_faget.png
4 KB, 263x263
>>28959422
>tfw vegan/organic farming is as detrimental to the environment as meat
>>
File: 1404856111004.jpg (45 KB, 507x620) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1404856111004.jpg
45 KB, 507x620
>>28959579
>mfw bulking on rice and beans and steaks
>>
>>28959494
>>28959579
>>28959631
how good is white rice? I eat it pretty much every day with beans and some kind of meat
>>
File: 1407604197808.jpg (140 KB, 500x371) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1407604197808.jpg
140 KB, 500x371
>>28959637

u fuckin wut m8
>>
>>28959710
Well, rice, lentils and vegetables, but yeah trufax.
>>
>>28959709
It's shit food, brown rice or don't bother.

>>28959679
Explain?
>>
>>28959709
Fags will tell you that brown rice is miles better than white rice.
It isn't, it just has a little more fiber.
>>
>>28959725
>>28959741
>tfw I used to eat brow rice everyday before going to college

I don't know if it really makes a difference because I also stopped lifting ;_;
>>
>>28959741
Fag here.

White rice has been stripped of iron, vitamins, zinc, magnesium and other nutrients during the refining process.

Brown is better for you.
>>
File: 1411818228421.jpg (65 KB, 750x750) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1411818228421.jpg
65 KB, 750x750
Just wanna ask vegans, does it really make you feel great without meaty meat meat in your system?
>>
>>28959784
As long as you balance your macros, yeah.

Though tbh I couldn't say whether its the lack of meat or the fact that I'm eating more vegetables and cleaner in general that contributes why I feel so much better.
>>
>>28959784
www.youtube.com/watch?v=53pWSRJdCPs
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RizNh2XrcG0
>>
>>28959784
I've been a vegan for 3 years and yeah, after just a few months you feel a lot better IMO (though that may just be from eating cleaner in general). Better digestive system (no gas ever, even when I slam down 4 cups of beans a day, virtually nowipe shits erryday), perfect skin/hair, no body odor whatsoever (I don't even use soap/shampoo anymore), better mood, always have more energy, well rested on 6 hours a night.
>>
>>28959932

ahhh, you little dirty cunt. How do you justify 6 hours of sleep?
>>
>>28959212

Vegans are fucking stupid. Plants are also alive. Who are you to say they don't feel?

>only things with eyes can feel

You're retarded

>Religion

Subhuman mud shit. Get your head outta the clouds and back on the ground
>>
>>28960055
>being this angry
It seem like you know it isnt morally acceptable to eat/kill animals so you are trying g to rationalize not being one. You know plants=animals is a false equivalency. Don't worry bro, I can tell you'll be a vegan one day.
>>
>>28960055

Cause science proved they don't feel the same ay than animals.... it's not even about the pain, its about the slaughterhouse conditions and environmental impact.
>>
being vegan is better for:
-the enviroment
-the animals
-your health

Prove anything wrong.
protip: you cant
>>
>>28962717
>being vegan
>better for animals
That's why tigers are vegans, right?
>>
File: 1398143494073.gif (2 MB, 200x293) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1398143494073.gif
2 MB, 200x293
>>28959212
what is that garbage
is that what vegans actually eat
>>
I am a meat eater but I only eat what I personally kill, dress, and prepare. Mostly deer, fish, and small birds.

Am I a bad person in the eyes of a vegan because of this?
>>
>>28962717
>Shifting the burden of proof
>>
>>28959212
Fuck this thread gave me a weird deja vu
>>
>>28962967
>Iktf
You are now aware we are living in the matrix.
>>
>>28962717

>the animals

you mean the millions of insects, rodents, and bunny rabbits that get sucked up into the combine harvesters?
>>
>>28959359
Hey, Vegetarian, not Vegan here.
Why? Shit tastes absolutely disgusting and I can get there with just eating cheese, eggs and oats.
Bet you can't even DL 3pl8.
>>
>>28963128
Just ignore him. It's another dumb omni argument like "plants have feeling too" or "you kill more animals indirectly than I do" that's been rehashed a million times in the past.
>>
you don't
the carb/protein ratio in beans and legumes makes them pretty shit as a primary protein source

if you can't make yourself eat some fucking animal then you don't want gains bad enough
>>
>>28959212
Goddamnit.. You're 'vegetarian', not 'vegan' when discussing diet.. and you DON'T do it, the vast majority of vegetarians are skinny and weak because it's damned near impossible to get the level of high-quality complete protein you need to make decent gains without also eating too many carbs and too much fiber to make it practical. Give it up, or at least use whey protein so you get some actual decent protein.
>>
>>28959375
They are Fungi you biologically disabled retard.
>>
>>28963209
Vegetarian and Vegan are different things, even in diet. Vegans don't eat honey, milk, cheese and many other things. Vegetarians do.

And I'm a vegetarian. Been lifting for a few years. 6"5' 240lbs. Bit chubby, but I can bench and squat my own weight.
Helps being Dutch masterrace.
>>
>do an absolute shit ton of cardio
>expend 4000+ kcal/day
>you can now consume 1g/lb on a vegan diet protein without gaining fat
>>
>>28963236
So, what you're saying is: Vegans are even more skinny, underdeveloped, weak, and retarded than vegetarians are. Stet.

>..but I can bench and squat my own weight
Thanks, you're making my argument for me: You're weak and fat. Sorry to have to be so brutally blunt, but compared to many anons here on /fit/, that's the truth of you, and you've proved my point for me. Thanks for that.

If you want to get serious about this, start eating meat again.
>>
>>28963236
>lifting for a few years.
>can bench and squat my own weight.
You're embarrassing yourself. I would be ashamed to say something like that.
>>
>>28960055
I think we all know who's the fucking stupid one here.

P.S.: It's you and no, I'm not vegan
>>
>>28963269
>Thanks, you're making my argument for me: You're weak and fat.
So you're saying you can bench over 120kg? Can you even DL 280kg?
>240lb 6"5'
>fat
Yeah no. A little tummy, no more.

>>28963272
Used to be a curlbro mate. It's how it is. Still, did end up giving me 17" biceps.
>>
>>28963313
>biceps
It's called fatceps. And your bench is weak too for few years of training and your body mass.
>>
>>28963313
EVERYONE here who lifts seriously can do those things. You're existing in and speaking from a vacuum; your perspective is skewed.
>>
>>28963332
I can bench my own body mass. Seems a decent bench to me. Can still deadlift and squat about twice my own bodyweight.
>fatceps
You don't get definition with those. I got enough definition to see veins and bulging triceps in my arms. Like I said. Just some tummy fat. I may weight 240lbs, I also have a lot of hyperthropied muscle mass from all the curling. And very broad shoulders.
Again. Dutch master race.
>>
>>28963359
Dude, you're pretty new here, aren't you? You seem delusional. But /fit/ will cure you, give it some time.
>>
>>28963313
>240 lbs, 6'5"
>only 17" arms
if you were actually lean that'd be at least 19", I'm 2 inches shorter, 55 lbs lighter and have the same arm size. Typical case of bloated chubbyfat here
>>
>>28963348
let me put it this way: I've been lifting for 9 years.
For 8 and a half of those, I was doing calisthenics routines, culrbro bullshit, completely unecessary excercises like skullcrushers and quad curls, shoulder flies and tricep pull downs.

A typical excercise for me would be 4x12 bicep curls, 4x12 skullcrushers, 3x20 lunges, 120 push ups, 2 minute plank, MAYBE some bench press.
I'm just glad I managed to work up my strength in 6-8 months of lifting to where I am now.
>>
>>28963269
Vegetarians have access to high quality protein sources and are not at a disadvantage in bodybuilding. You are unedcuated about this topic and you seem upset about something. You might want to avoid posting online when you're on a roid cycle so you don't come off as this irritable.
>>
>>28963394
Trolling or retarded
>>
>>28963584
Yeah, 17" arms would be respectable if the guy wasn't fat.
>>
>>28959233
Pretty sure yeast isnt vegan
>>
>>28959212
Are you by choice vegan or by necessity? Because if you made the decision to not eat meat out of some personal qualms (oh no the poor animals) and are now complaining that its bad, or lacks variety, or lacks taste, or texture, you can go fuck yourself.

Eat meat and get proteins, or don't and live with the consequences.
>>
>>28963607
Think what you like.
240 lbs (110kg) at 6"5' (196cm) is not exactly fat. And I got more weight from useless muscle mass than fat. But whatever. Not gonna bother me. Big enough arms to impress most girls.
>>
File: 1411963832058.gif (689 KB, 350x272) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1411963832058.gif
689 KB, 350x272
>>28959422
Fight the good fight, anon! Contribute to the broken organic/vegan industries that gouge out your hard earned dollars with much greater efficiency than the livestock fishing ones ever could! Not to mention sustainability, fuck yeah!
>>
File: 1385165090180.jpg (6 KB, 215x268) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1385165090180.jpg
6 KB, 215x268
>there are people on /fit/ RIGHT NOW who still eat meat
I just can't believe you faggots sometimes.
>>
>>28963622
It is vegan. It's pretty popular among vegans.

The only grey areas I can think of right now is bivalves.
>>
>>28959212
>poverty_dinner.txt
>>
>>28959422
have you thought of becoming Amish?
>>
>>28959385
is steroid a plant?
>>
>>28963686

It's rape
>>
>>28963654
>>28963584
the point of this guy was that 17" arms are small as fuck for 250 lbs, hence indicating that the guy he responded to has high bf%
>>
>>28964757
But I'm 240lbs.
Honestly, I don't know for sure. let me use metric to be sure, because I was making estimates. I have 46cm arms and weight 110kg and am 196cm tall. With 87cm shoulder breadth.
>>
By not being a retarded fuckass who follows an idiot ideological diet that isn't even healthy and relies on poor interpretations of 1990's nutritional science, you gay nigger pieceo f shit.
>>
>>28959415
Nearly fucking died when he cut the banana with his teeth, nonetheless that cereal was lookin' nice.
>>
>Eating plants
>Not being a monster
pick one

Plants are living beings with feelings (proved)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGLABm7jJ-Y

The only true way to live is as fruitanarian.
Fruit is infact unliving offspring of plants. You can then plant the seeds yourself or eat seedless fruit.

By being a Fruit Admirer for Girls/Guys Of Today, you too can live a natty hatefree life free of hurting others.

Do it today, become a Faggot.
>>
>>28959212
starches, lots of starches
>>
>>28959307
> cheese
> milk
> vegetarian
one is not like the others
>>
>>28959422

You're retarded? Seems like a good reason to me!
>>
>>28959709
Brazilianfag, it's time to leave your mother's house and start cooking for yourself.
Brazilians usually think that if you don't eat rice and beans you're not having a fucking proper meal, so stupid.
>>
>>28960055
You okay, Junior?
>>
How much do you shit being a vegan? I bet your asshole is constantly exploding from all that. I know mine would.
>>
>>28968009
Depends, but your body adjusts to the high fiber diet and you go back to having 1-2 bowel movements a day.
>>
>>28968009
>lots of homosexuals are vegans
>yfw it all makes sense
>>
>>28968024
>1-2 bowel movements a day.
What? I've been a vegetarian since I was 12 and I take a shit once every 2-3 days. The fuck are you eating?
>>
>>28968064
Legumes and rice. Oatmeal with soymilk or almondmilk and fruit. Vegetables soups and rice. Nothing out of the ordinary for a vegan diet
>>
>>28968134
Well, guess I'm special then. I eat something similar to you quite often, and I still don't shit that fucking much.
>>
>>28968064
Same here mang. I shit once every 2 maybe 3 or 4 days if I'm unlucky
>>
>>28959326
can vegans eat humans?
>>
>>28963236
>Been lifting for a few years
>can bench and squat my own weight
>240lb

This is the least impressive brag I've read on 4chin. Show me someone who's been lifting for even ONE YEAR and can't bench and squat their bodyweight.
>>
>>28963236
I was able to squat and bench my weight as soon as I started to lift. 160 lbs
>>
>>28959212
> Being vegan
> Thinks he's gonna make any gains


What a miserable existence you must live
I bet you even got trolled into doin SS xD
>>
>>28959212
By not being a fucking vegan.
>>
>>28959725
>doesn't know about the vast amount of pesticides, machinery and transport required to let you have your quirky fad diet
>>
>>28959212
bro that guacamole looks wack
>>
>>28970222
And raising crops to feed animals to feed us in no way requires vast amounts of pesticides, machinery and transport. This is also a more sustainable way to feed 7 billion people according to you.

Are you basing your beliefs on facts, or a hunch that you have?
>>
>>28959212
ur supposed to suck dick for proteins

ur already vegan might as well go all the way :^)
>>
>>28970261
I studied environment science in my first year of uni.

The main issue with veganism is that they don't just eat staple foods like cattle, which are easy to grow. Vegans love to eat super foods and other exotic plants that are as economical as spring water from Norway.
>>
>>28970308
I graduated in environmental science and ecology and you're a dumbass. Cattle are horrendous for the environment and require a shitload of energy input and release a shitload of methane and carbon dioxide into our already greenhouse inflated atmosphere (but man they're delicious).

Veganism by definition means their food will come from the bottom of the food chain and the individual organisms they consume will require less energy input (energy is lost up the food chain because hey, life isn't efficient), making their lifestyle technically more sustainable. Doesn't mean that they don't have as much of an environmental impact considering our current practices, but by theory it would.

That being said, I still think poultry and other red meats (pigs, mmm) can be raised without the kind of impact cattle require and while I'm not and never will be a vegan, I can respect people for choosing that lifestyle as long as they don't make it a point to me that they're a vegan unless the situation calls for it.
>>
Beans and whole grains, snack on fruits and nuts, and include vegetables as often as possible

I do it for health reasons. It's probably not ideal for bodybuilding (then again, neither is being natty), but it works well enough and it's a much healthier way to go about it than downing a bunch of meat, dairy, and eggs every day to make gains. I encourage people to eat more plant-based meals even if they don't want to go full vegan. Every once in a while swap some meat out with black beans, kidney beans, chickpeas, split peas, etc.

Also, I never got the "you won't get protein" or "you need supplements" argument when 100% of everybody on this board has a constant supply of protein powder and an array of daily supplements. I just eat my beans and take vitamin D and B12, which I was taking before switching my diet anyway
>>
>>28970587
>I do it for health reasons
Those are fighting words around here. There are people who believe saturated fat was proven to be healthy, the decades of research and mountains of evidence that went into the lipid hypothesis was debunked by fad diet salesmen, and high meat ketogenic diets are ideal for optimum health. I agree with you that plant based is the way to go when it comes to health, but we are no way in the majority.
>>
File: death by butter.png (318 KB, 1220x1488) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
death by butter.png
318 KB, 1220x1488
>>28970665

>There are people who believe saturated fat was proven to be healthy

The conspiracy theorists seem to get themselves killed quickly enough. If only it were illegal to give harmful diet advice through blogs
>>
>>28970388
>he believes that the atmosphere has a greenhouse problem
>buying into this shilling global warming theory
top kek i new /fit/ was full of retards
>>
>>28970703
Oh yeah, I remember that. That guy was hiking buddies with Gary Taubes and used to talk about all sorts of nonsense with him on their hiking trips. Probably said nonsensical things like "it's the carbs that make you fat". Gary Taubes spoke about it at AHS.

Mary Enig also died recently from a stroke according to Kaayla Daniel, who's on the board of the Weston A Price Foundation. Supposedly she was under a lot of stress imposed on her by the health authorities for promoting saturated fat, and that's what gave her the stroke.

Yeah, I'm sure that's what caused it. /s

Maybe she had AIDs like that other guy and this will give them a convenient scapegoat.
>>
>>28963128
>>28963154
I was a simple statement saying just eat meat...
Shit tastes great, better than cauliflower and lettuce.
No vegetarian/vegan has ever given me an argument not to eat meat that is actually winnable, I've always talked them down to seeing that their point of view is stupid and pointless and wont change anything. Admittedly they are still vegetarians and vegans, just for no reason, unless medical.
It's just your arrogance that fuck people off, you're just like fat people and religious people, just doing it out of blind stupidity and ill acceptance.
>>
>>28970797
I only preach vegetarianism when I'm attacked by cunts like you. They always feel the need to insult you of you say you're vegetarian.
Online of course IRL I'm bigger than most machos with a beer belly, and they don't have the balls.

Vegetarianism is more environmentally friendly and costs less than meat. But my only reason for doing it is that I hate the taste of meat anyway, so I really don't feel it needs ideological reasons. Just don't like it.
>>
>>28959932
>lying
>on the internet

lol
>>
>Be me last couple years
>Working in R&D for industry leading vegan product producer
>I'll guarantee you've seen our product in every single major grocers
>More than 35% of our line has animal product in it
>Best seller among vegans and vegetarians
>>
>>28970797
FEDORA
E
D
O
R
A
>>
>>28959422
No worries, dude. You're doing good work. It's only once all of our resources are expended that people will finally realise the error of their ways.

>>28963681
He says he tries to buy locally grown foods, not the "organic" stuff that has no nutritional benefits whatsoever and costs more.
---
Also, plants worse for the environment than primary/secondary consumers. How?
>>
>>28970308
>Cattle
>Easy to grow
Dismissed for retard. Here's why.
>Sweeping generalisations of *all* vegans.
>Cattle require a whole metric fucktonne of water.
Gallons per day requirements @ 40 F/60 F/90 F
Growing heifers/steers @ 800 lbs: 6.3/7.9/15.0
Finishing cattle @ 1000 lbs: 8.7/10.8/20.6
Dry pregnant cows: 6.0/7.4/15.5
Lactating cows: 11.4/14.5/~23
Mature bulls @ 1600 lbs: 8.7/10.8/20.6

That's just the water requirements. 125 lbs of beef are all that can be grown on one acre of grazing land, as compared to potatoes, which can yield around 6-7 tonnes in a season.
>>
>>28959385
do roids count as part of a c.f. vegetarian diet?
>>
>>28970797
See:>>28970388
Veganism is more a more efficient means of living.
>>
>>28962937
Not me, personally. That's actually how my kids are going to eat meat, if they so wish. My viewpoint on the matter is that people are too jaded to what they are consuming. If my kids could legitimately kill, strip and prepare the meat by themselves (aside from me helping with the hunt), they are free to eat it as they wish, and I will teach them to hunt if need be. If they're fine not eating meat, that's all the better.
>>
>>28963391
>/fit/ will cure him
>implying rampant body dysmorphia will cure him
He is pretty dumb for being proud of the benching/squatting bodyweight, though. That shit is novice level.
>>
>>28968142
maybe it's volume. He could be eating more of it, increasing frequency.

Or it could be the amount of fiber in your respective diets. More fiber equates to a faster transmission (mouth->angus) time.
>>
>>28959212
chickpeas, fava beans, cashews, various nuts, pure soy seeds, various legumes: 300g = 1000cal more or less (it depends on the combinations of the aforementioned foods) = 100g proteons, full spectrum of essential amino acids.
With the remaining 1300 cals (minimum for a sane male) you're going to eat you will break *at least* the 130~140 grams of proteons barrier, that should be more than enough for a male of about 80 kg interested in putting on some lean mass.
>>
File: 1400302882768.jpg (445 KB, 2048x1530) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1400302882768.jpg
445 KB, 2048x1530
Veganbro reporting in
I just use soy stuff. The estrogen thing is a hoax, no vegan athletes have any sort of problems.
I've been bulking, cutting, getting gains nicely with zero problems, actually gains and digestion are much better on vegan diet.

Anyway
> humans can thrive on plant diet, this is many times proven both scientifically and anecdotaly
> therefore consumption of animal produtcs is a pleasure - not necessity.
> 56 BILLION animals are killed YEARLY.
> that is 56 billion intelligent beings capable of emotion and suffering killed and abused just for human pleasure.

> 2014
> not being vegan
> hoping of even making it
>>
>>28973305
> thinking tricking vegans proves anything
>>
>>28974308
I was listening until you diverted at
>actually gains and digestion are much better on vegan diet.

>humans can thrive on plant diet, this is many times proven both scientifically
Citation needed.
One without having to supplement.
And if you post the China Study you officially disqualified yourself as an intelligent human being.
>>
>>28973702
>>28973763

The United Nations really wants people to adopt vegan or more vegan-like diets for the sake of the planet

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2010/jun/02/un-report-meat-free-diet

The largest healthcare organization in the US also wants its physicians to recommend a vegan diet to all of their patients to lower healthcare costs

https://www.thepermanentejournal.org/issues/2013/spring/5117-nutrition.html
http://mydoctor.kaiserpermanente.org/ncal/Images/New%20Plant%20Based%20Booklet%201214_tcm28-781815.pdf
>>
I don't know how you guys do it. If I don't eat at least 200g of meat a day I feel like dying.
I can't concentrate, am tired, feel weak.

I had to quit my mandatory military year back when I was 18 because I couldn't function on military diet.
>>
Vegan sounds kind of appealing now. Any tips if I want to start eating vegan? What kinds of beans exactly?
>>
>>28974857
fava beans with chianti
>>
>>28974513
Citation for u: "It is the position of the American Dietetic Association that appropriately planned vegetarian diets, including total vegetarian or vegan diets, are healthful, nutritionally adequate....." http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19562864

There are other offical health organisatiosn with the same position, I just found ony the 'murican one.

Only "supplement" needed is vitamin B12, which is naturally found in soil. So you can either supplement or NOT wash your vegetables, but thats gross and you'd probably get shitload of parasites.

As for more irl evidence, there are hundreds of thousands vegans doing just fine, so there's that.
>>
File: Basic Diet Advice.jpg (1 MB, 2852x1832) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Basic Diet Advice.jpg
1 MB, 2852x1832
>>28974857

I'm a fan of black beans myself since they have a really nice smokey/savory flavor and you can also re-use the water you boil them in to add flavor to other things. I'll make black beans for two days, then on the third day I use the broth to make split pea soup. Chickpeas are also really good; I like to blend them up with some sesame seeds kind of like a hummus but less fatty, then add in sauteed onion and peppers and dollop them into steamed corn tortillas with some crystal hot sauce on top, then wrap em up and eat

Oatmeal is also good and already a staple of most /fit/izen diets. Barley with tomato/basil/olives, whole grain bread/pasta and rice, buckwheat pooridge/pancakes, etc. Eat lots of fruit and include veggies in as many meals as possible. Add some sweet potato to your black beans, add some broccoli or steamed eggplant to your rice, etc. When you eat greens as a side, instead of an oil-based dressing you can also grind some flax seeds up in a spice grinder, add balsamic vinegar to them, and coat the greens in the mixture to get a lot of omega-3, fiber, and lignans
>>
>>28974856
That's maybe because you didn't know how to make "complete" vegan meals and probably just ate plain brocoli or something - sadly until veganism becomes more mainstream, new vegans will need to think about food more.

But pretty simple thing you can try is finding some vegan restaurant nearby and stuffing your face there and see how it goes.
>>
>>28975116
my favourite quick meal is scrambled tofu with tomatoes and curry.

> take a pan
> grease with olive oil
> slice tomatioes on small pieces
> throw in block of tofu
> smash it and roast
> add curry or paprika, salt

looks and tastes pretty much like scrambled eggs
>>
That does not sound very delicious :( I went paleo for a month and I had to quit because I was so sore and tired all the time. Atleast going vegan I can have bread, rice and pasta and feel full and energetic right?
>>
>>28975193

>Atleast going vegan I can have bread, rice and pasta and feel full and energetic right?

Yeah, although I would suggest you keep it whole grain. Although I think meat is overall detrimental to health, it atleast has vitamins and minerals, so when people go from meat-eater to vegetarian/vegan and try to live on white rice/pasta and wonderbread they tend to run into deficiencies. Keep your plant foods whole and intact
>>
>>28975116
Not vegan but that sounds fuckin delicious and very efficient. I will lurk these threads more often.

You guys know your chow.
>>
>>28975193
I eat my veggies, I just don't think I can live off them without any carby fillers in between. Also, I'm sure there's vegan chocolate and icecream out there so I don't have to give up my comfort foods. Seems like an easy switch.
>>
File: Ib2q8vP.png (296 KB, 1700x4640) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Ib2q8vP.png
296 KB, 1700x4640
>>28970797
adding some fuel into the fire
>>
File: stic-back.jpg (146 KB, 1118x629) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
stic-back.jpg
146 KB, 1118x629
Seitan
True Nutrition Protein Shakes (rice/pea 50/50)
Vega Protein Shakes
Fake Meats (not too much)
Any Bean
Any Nut
Any Seed
Farro
Quinoa
Brown Rice
Sweet Potato
Squash
Pumpkin
Almond Milk

I'm vegan and easily hit 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight. Shit's easy man.
>>
File: 1377031789875.gif (2 MB, 300x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1377031789875.gif
2 MB, 300x300
>>28975381
>Moral relativism has been disproven

Sure it has, buddy! Why do the poor animals have to suffer? Why anything?
>>
Veganism is unnatural diet for humans
prove me wrong,you cant

anyway good luck OP with your fad diet. Hope it works out for you
>>
>>28975569

Nigga, nothing in your life is natural
>>
For every animal you won't eat, I will eat 3.
>>
>>28975503
Evolution disproves it - being moral was always an evolutionary advantage - for both the individual and a society.
>>
>>28975401

Ciould you please propose some meals ? I4m really interrested but I can't find decend meals for protein intake and calories
>>
>>28975589

what does usage of modern technology have to do with eating natural (including meat) diet ?
>>
>>28975677

Just saying it doesn't make a lot of sense to claim something is bad because you view it as unnatural, when practically everything in the world around you is unnatural. It also doesn't make sense to say that anything you find natural is inherently good.
>>
>>28975609
enjoy your colon cancer and reduced lifespan
shiggy diggy
>>
>>28975717
All the original poster said was "Veganism is unnatural diet for humans prove me wrong,you cant" and you obviously can't.
>>
>tfw you realize you don't need to eat meat to get big and god exists in one single moment
>>
>>28975720
Enjoy being a faggot. I wouldn't even know I had colon cancer, since I don't get fucked in the ass like you do.
>>
>>28975748
>tfw you realize god exists, that you don't need meat to get big, that you are saving the planet and making meat eaters mad as hell for no reason all in one moment
>>
>>28975656

Go and do a search on Instagram with like the gramfeed website to see what people eat. Search things like #plantbuilt or #veganfit etc etc etc.

It's really not rocket science man. Yesterday for example my lunch was 1.5 cups cooked farro, a field roast grain meat apple sage sausage and 6 oz pumpkin. I put 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin, sunflower and hemp seeds on it with 1/2 tablespoon 7 source oil.

Just cook a TON of food and eat as you see fit. Your goals really are the key i.e. cutting/bulking but if you track what you eat with like the LoseIt! app you can easily track protein intake.
>>
>>28975742
K, I'll try:
> teeth and digestive tract
Humans can only eat and digest meat in cooked form. There is no chance you can bite off raw meat with your small, shitty teeth, and ingesting would probably make you pretty sick.
>>
>>28975821

>what is evolution
also this is wrong. We cook meat to get rid of parasites but its not like eating raw meat would kill us.

steak tartare is eaten raw and is delicious
>>
>>28975717

Its not my view thats unnatural , it just is unnatural. Thats a fact. Humans evolved on eating meat.

The fact that you can use computer or phone does not magically change your body and its needs
>>
Poorfag here, what beans should I have with my rice? What's a nice rice and bean recipe that isn't too expensive?
>>
>>28975886
Okay - I keep living on my plant diet, and you eat nothing but raw meat for a year. Let's see who feels more natural then.

Humans who eat meat live shorter and have more health problems.
Source: http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/70/3/525s.full?sid=c3fe410c-8b46-499b-8875-c90219e8e878

But it's hard to argue if the definition of "natural" is so vague.
>>
>>28975896

>Its not my view thats unnatural , it just is unnatural. Thats a fact

Sure, in your opinion. In my opinion, it's unnatural to eat a diet that leads to heart disease and cancer. In the opinion of the editor of the American Journal of Cardiology, one of the most experienced and respected cardiologists in the world, humans should be considered biologically herbivores

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1312295/

You can say ancient humans ate meat, but you can't say we necessarily evolved to make meat-eating a completely beneficial activity outside of keeping us from starving during scarcity of proper food sources.
>>
>>28976114
> meat eater
> natty
pick one

good link m8, saving for future use in arguments
>>
>>28976234
>>28976114

shit link , doc is full of shit.

>The appendages of carnivores are claws; those of herbivores are hands or hooves
>implying some monkeys dont eat meat
>implying they have claws

>The intestinal tract of carnivores is short (3 times body length); that of herbivores, long (12 times body length).
>implying our intestinal tract is not closet to carnivores than herbivores
he is literally providing evidence that his analysis is bullshit
>>
>>28976345
even pigs will eat meat if hungry and presented no other choice. Does that make it natural for them?

If so, then you have pretty weird definition of "natural".

Whatever the result of this ridiculous debate -
- animals are intelligent, they feel emotion and pain
- I dont need to hurt them to survive
- therefore I won't do that, regardless of some arbitrary definition of "natural"
>>
File: 1262918583662.jpg (44 KB, 250x220) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1262918583662.jpg
44 KB, 250x220
>>28976345

>shit link , doc is full of shit.

Yes, I'm sure you know more than this world leader of cardiology

The most compelling bit wasn't the comparison of characteristics though, but the fact that heart disease, which is the leading cause of death in the western world and is estimated to be the leading cause of death worldwide by 2020, is an herbivore's disease.

Here's an article by another world famous cardiologist who was president of staff and director of cardiac prevention at the Cleveland Clinic (rated the nation's #1 hospital for cardiac care for the last 20 consecutive years)

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1520-037X.2001.00538.x/pdf

Summary: "eat plants"
>>
>>28976114
>Thus, humans have characteristics of herbivores, not carnivores.

Humans have the characteristics of omnivores.

Stop trying to justify your nonsensical views. If you feel that bad about the animals and don't want to eat them then fine. It's your choice.
But don't spread this bullshit that humans aren't omnivores. We are. Now go back to the commune you fucking hippy.
>>
>>28976435
>they feel emotion and pain

inb4 some retard comes in here with a fake concern for the emotions that plants supposedly feel
>>
>>28975783
rekt
>>
>>28976485

Technically, "omnivore" isn't an actual thing. There's obligate carnivores, opportunistic carnivores, obligate herbivores, opportunistic herbivores, but the phrase "omnivore" is more of an invention than a classification

I understand that you like to eat meat, but don't let that cloud your judgement and make you say dumb things to justify your bad habits
>>
>>28976485
> Humans have the characteristics of omnivores.
point is we don't. All the scientific evidence says we do much better on plan diet than on combined diet. Sources posted many times itt
>>
>>28976546
I bet you like seeing the fireman more gayboy
>>
>>28959494
>Rice is nutritious....

Well, that's enough internet for today.
>>
>>28976114
Herbivore is just an animal that gets the great majority of its calories from plants. That fits humans well, no reason to huge amounts of meat.
>>
>>28976637
Point of reference. ANDI scores of foodstuffs:

>Brown Rice 41
>Oats, old-fashioned 53
>Brussels Sprouts 672
Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 22
Thread DB ID: 15787



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.