[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fa/ doesn't know shit about fashion. Rule #1 of fashion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

/fa/ doesn't know shit about fashion.

Rule #1 of fashion - The way you dress is the way you market yourself to the opposite sex.

Take a look at the pic. The young man looks approachable and respectable. BUT OH NOES - HE'S WEARING A GRAPHIC TEE+BLAZER!

Looking like this, the man will get more pussy than all of you put together (btw, I'm taking about ATTRACTIVE women here, nerdy artsy fugly virgin girls don't count :-))

I love how you guys complain about girls not wanting to sit next to you on buses. Have you ever wondered why that is? It's because you look like you're fucking 30. It's creepy.

My advice to you: STOP TRYING SO HARD. I'm not saying everybody go buy ironic tees, Lacoste polos, Hollister sweaters and cargo pants. When you're out shopping, don't think what /fa/ would think. Buy clothes that YOU are comfortable with. Don't feel like wearing a scarf with your peacoat? Don't wear it then. Want to wear light jeans and a graphic tee? Go right ahead.

Just remember - if girls don't want to sit next to you on buses, YOU'RE DOING SOMETHING WRONG!
>>
>>9395236
that's not even a graphic tee, it's a patterned one that's perfectly acceptable to wear with a casual blazer
>>
>>9395236
>dressing for girls

I dress attractively. But I'm pretty sure the girls who are like that aren't anybody here's type.
>>
>>9395236
>graphic t

fucking your sister behind the barn on your grandpa's potato farm doesn't count
>>
>>9395236
You're actually serious, huh
>>
File: 1415304604268.webm (324KB, 512x512px)
1415304604268.webm
324KB, 512x512px
> When you're out shopping, don't think what /fa/ would think. Buy clothes that YOU are comfortable with.
Just bee yourself
>>
File: Graphic+Tee+and+Blazer.png (492KB, 400x599px) Image search: [Google]
Graphic+Tee+and+Blazer.png
492KB, 400x599px
>>9395244
i dont agree, its fun mixing both grafic + blazer
>>
>>9395236
>wearing $1,000 in clothes
>taking the bus

Buy less clothes and more cars
>>
>>9395267
if you're going for "dorky silicon valley semiprofessional" or "i make tons of bucks off my patreon but am lowkey about it", sure. but you have to have a fair amount of charisma to carry it
>>
He also gets more pussy because he's James fucking Murphy, the flyest motherfucker alive.
>>
shut the fuck up man, we can dress however we want.
The way you want us dress is conformity and shows no fucking sense of style. Just basic "following the rules of fashion" shit. That's why most the shit on mfa looks boring.
/fa/ doesn't really consist of following the rules, we tend to focus more on aesthetics and different styles.
>>
>>9395236
gr8 b8 m8 r8 8/8
>>
>>9395267

I pull them off quite well with light coloured graphic t-shirts. The best ones are when they are almost mono coloured.

This works also well for not looking too tryhard when you are young and going somewhere formal like a meeting (that or just wear a jeans).

The only shirts this don,t work with are metal t-shirts. Well I do that sometimes with my Iron Maiden t-shirt when it's not too warm in the summer but I don't give a damn if it's for casual occasions..
>>
File: 1421813851181-1.jpg (313KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
1421813851181-1.jpg
313KB, 680x383px
>>9395236
I'm 34 you smarmy little fart (and you will be 30 some day too)
>>
>>9395236
>telling people to dress how they want while telling them to stop dressing how they want
are you fucking stupid?

why am i even responding to this b8?
>>
>>9395236
>dressing for the opposite sex
look at this new fag
>>
>>9395236
I dont want to sit next to normalfags anyway
>>
>>9395236
>James Murphy
>'young'
>>
>>9395236

OP, it's apparent you've been a /fa/ reader for no more than several minutes. But by all means, create a fictitious /fa/ stereotype and then give advice to it. In a writing style suitable for a high school newspaper.
>>
>>9395236
worst thread I've seen in years
great job OP you fucking retard
>>
>>9395316
im think its still cool with a band t-shit, i do it very occasionally at dinner w/ friends or something
pic related but of course not a guns and roses t-shirt
>>
>>9395236
>Sacrificing aesthetic perfection to get with basic bitches
How pleb can you be?
>>
File: jmlead.png (318KB, 600x420px)
jmlead.png
318KB, 600x420px
>mfw Murphs is transforming into an Old English Sheepdog
>>
>>9395443
drunk rapey uncle
>>
File: relax.jpg (266KB, 500x576px) Image search: [Google]
relax.jpg
266KB, 500x576px
>>9395236

>not sure if troll or retard

also

>sailor shirt
>graphic t
lol
>>
I see these shitlords all over campus.

Ahh hur dur
>Muh chukkas
>Muh peacoat
>Muh scruffy beard
>Muh gelled hair
>Muh quintessential MFA guy

News flash, I don't want to dress for other people and I definitely don't want to attract the bitches that like these kind of guys. And spoiler alert: I dress for myself, not you.
>>
File: 1421282725277.png (260KB, 497x458px) Image search: [Google]
1421282725277.png
260KB, 497x458px
>gets lain 'cause teacup-mode
Daft Punk are literally Playing at his House!
>>
>newfags not recognizing pasta
>>
>>9395418

I know what you mean, but I think you can't pull it off with long hair and a fedora or shit like that.
>>
>>9395236
some dumb fucker who threw on a trip is really going to disregard generations of fashions evolution and progress and say

"naw trust me, you just gotta pull bitches"

he is wasting my threads, please leave room for more natty thread OP
>>
Remember, if at any point you think buying Rick Owens is a good idea you have failed.
>>
>>9395555
good quads
>>
But if we did do all this...isn't that doing what /fa/ says?
>>
Almost everybody in WAYWT looks like shit yet everybody thinks they're a fashion genius. The outfits that look normalish but cool are hated on the most but everyone tells people to dress like cartoon villains.

Even if this is pasta this is correct.
>>
>James Murphy
>Young
>Born February 4, 1970
>>
>>9395443
He's turned into Jim Gaffigan
>>
>>9395236
what the fuck is this post even about? what if the way i dress and the way im comfortable with does make me look older? im not looking for weak people to associate with, and i never bus, i don't think some girl will just "magically" appear in my benz, your mom maybe..
>>
guys looking to follow the basics to get laid can go to mfa. /fa/ is for appreciation of fashion as an expression and an art
>>
>>9395236
>The way you dress is the way you market yourself to the opposite sex.
Since I'm already in a relationship with a girl who cares more about my personality than my shoes I don't feel like this is much of an issue for me.

Thinking back to previous gfs though, the way I dressed may have been a way of marketing myself to the kind of female I wanted to meet. Sure, I probably attracted fewer girls wearing Yohji, but the ones I did attract were the ones I was actually interested in.
>>
>Rule #1 of fashion - The way you dress is the way you market yourself to the opposite sex

There are way too many self-improvement, no gf virgins on this site that saturate various boards (/fit/ and /fa/ especially). These activities go beyond your interest in edging out some sort of social or relationship-oriented ineptitudes you have in life. Some people want to wear more abstract, design-oriented clothing because of a genuine interest in fashion as an art. Not everyone looks at a piece of clothing and thinks, 'wow maybe if I wear this i'll finally get a gf.' Most people can do that without adopting abstract hobbies.
>>
>>9395236
>Rule #1 of fashion - The way you dress is the way you market yourself to the opposite sex.

fashion is not about "marketing yourself to the opposite sex" you dumb fuck
>>
>>9395236
>HE'S WEARING A GRAPHIC TEE

That's not a graphic tee.

Also,

>Doing anything in order for women
>>
>>9396304
RO has some simpler pieces which are pretty nice to wear, imo.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.