[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8

Alot of jimmies were rustled in the past hour , and I'm curious (Since everybody here is fashion inclined)

Why is Burberry so frowned upon here ? And what are the preferred brands ? Very curious , thanks .
>>
There are no particular "brands," though most of the people here love to ride Rick Owens and Raf Simons' respective dicks.
>>
>>9270062
just guessing its because some people who arent super into fashion but they have money buy at nordstrom and nordstrom is used by the general population
>muh exclusives
>>
can wear any brand you want, as long as it doesn't look like obvious shit, numbnuts. this idiot still hasn't gotten the point.
>>
Fucking faggot.
>>
>>9270070
Raf is poor quality, very poor quality in fact. Most Primark sweaters crease less and wash better.
>>
>>9270070
Yeah very true . I never really saw what apparently everybody else sees in Raf Simons on here
>>
Burberry is generally well regarded here, but /fa/ in general hates overbranding. Basically if the point of a piece is showing off what brand it is, /fa/ isn't gonna like it.

Sorry you got shit on so much in the other thread, the shirt wasn't terrible but the branding was definitely over the top and that apparently isn't effay unless it's muh raf owens
>>
>>9270062
Burberry is like Michael Kors or something... Just one of the brands that doesn't really stand out at all. Except when they had metallic coats
>>
>>9270073
Nordstrom for the general population ?2 out of every 10 people I know have heard of Nordstrom
>>
>>9270087
to everyone praising raf dip dye sweaters:
they are bad quality.
Also, lol if you think dip dyes= raf's GOAT
nigga, plebs.
>>
>>9270070
What would a half-Raf, half-Rick fit even look like?

GOAT effay fit, amirite?
>>
>>9270095
>the shirt wasn't terrible
Why do people like you even browse /fa/? What do you get out of it?
>>
>>9270095
Lol first off , don't apologize . You're okay, it's good finding people on here who you can have a civilized conversation with and not hear the words "faggot" or "penis"

Secondly , I really posted that picture for shits and giggles , I've purchased plenty of burberry button downs for $100-$200 . So winning that one for $60 I had to brag
>>
>>9270110
Yes they are actually worse than bad quality. I'd say unwearable. If something creases THAT BADLY it's not going to ever look good no matter how good it looks on the hanger. Giant creases all over the sleeves ruins any fit instantly.
>>
>>9270117
I feel like you guys aren't necessarily aware of just how bad a shirt can be... Was it bad? yes. Was it terrible? no.
>>
>>9270140
I didn't think the shirt was even "bad." Any other plaid shirt wouldn't get a second look, but because it's Burberry's specific plaid it instantly gets shit on.
>>
>>9270149
THIS.
Deny it all you want , this is 100% factual.
>>
>>9270149
I literally have no opinion on Burberry, but that shirt looked like it would be sold at Walmart.
>>
>>9270160
So will any other luxury designer plain,t shirt . Your point ?
>>
>>9270096
what is Prorsum?
>>
>>9270179
Burberry's higher end line .
>>
I feel like Raf's ABYSMAL quality is a more important topic. When people do fit pics do they legit just put on the Raf for the photo then take it off and put it back on the hanger?

Primark sweater = Doesn't crease, doesn't look like it came from a thrift store = $50

Raf sweater = bad material, feels like a Halloween costume in texture, creases so bad you're forced to remove it after 10 minutes = $200

The jew is amongst us.
>>
File: burberry.jpg (41KB, 395x702px) Image search: [Google]
burberry.jpg
41KB, 395x702px
>>9270062

Burberry makes nice classics, but check was ruined by rich Asians.
>>
>>9270179
Just like all Burberry lines it doesn't stand out at all in any way shape or form.

Probably some pieces are cool but you never think "wow I can't wait to check what Burberry Prorsum has to offer!' once you discover the more exciting brands.
>>
>>9270193
>0/10
Made absolutely no sense whatsoever lol
>>
>>9270204
Are you serious? You can't comprehend that? Concerning...
>>
>>9270193
>the more exciting brands.

And what are those?

More importantly,

Why are you buying "brands" and not "pieces" in the first place?

Are you a brandwhore?
>>
>>9270215
I shop online mostly. Checking my favorite brands I know for a fact: how it will fit, that it will likely compliment the rest of my wardrobe and that I will probably like a lot of the items considering I usually enjoy their style and artistic vision.

Seems obvious.
>>
>>9270225
>I usually enjoy their style and artistic vision.
10/10 *Tips Burberry Fedora
>>
>>9270215
Oh also I like MMM the most, their cuts fit my body PERFECTLY and their designs are unique/eye catching without entering autist territory. Also I'm experienced with the brand so I know which items of theirs are shit quality (shirts, some tees) and which are always good (knitwear).

I also like Damir Doma for great quality but it doesn't mesh with my usual style.

I check lots of brands but I forget which until I browse the designers list on Mr Porter or LuisaViaRoma or w.e.
>>
>>9270204
then you're dumb as fuck
>>
>>9270259
So you like ninjashit, and hate on another anon for liking britshit.
>>
Is acne basically cheap raf simons?
>>
>>9270117
Can someone link me the shirt in question?
>>
>>9270285
Shut up OP MMM isn't ninja shit it's norm AF with some minor tweaks and as stated DD though I admire the quality and creative director doesn't mesh with my non-ninja wardrobe.

OP bought a horrible shirt. The Burberry aesthetic is WEIRD btw, like Dries Van Noten it's really distinctive and almost surreal. Walk into a Burberry store or go online you will see, it's like clothing aliens who were imitating humans created. Just "off". Same with Aquascutum it looks unlike normal clothing.
>>
>>9270259
boring inoffensive taste, i don't know how you've convinced yourself you're patrician and enjoy post margiela MMM's artistic vision
>>
>>9270321
No, just clothes made for homosexuals (srs)
>>
>>9270343
"Boring" as opposed to autismal where people literally laugh at you to their friends when you walk past? I enjoy standing out in a good way.

It's actually an interesting insight into human psychology that convincing someone they're "enlightened", that normal people are "plebs" and getting them to spend thousands on one article can allow them to walk the streets in frocks without feeling embarassed about everyone laughing.

Yet they would feel embarrassed walking out of the house in a $10 H&M pair of jeans.

I like post-Margiela MMM. They still do twists on inoffensive regular items and deconstruction. It's difficult to find anything else quite like it. The runway with the apron trousers was great everything looked aesthetic. Just because DIESEL bought it out they're still making stuff I like that fits like a glove on me.

I'd actually prefer to buy Lanvin or something as I heard the quality is exceptional and it's hit and miss with some MMM stuff but Margiela just consistently puts out stuff I like the look of.
>>
>>9270397
>everything looked aesthetic

stop posting
>>
>>9270405
Yes it looked good, maybe due to how buff and attractive the models were but physique is an important factor in all fits. You can fuck off with this, because you sound like you're into goof and 90% of that looks fucking weird off the runway and every /fa/ meetup in the board's history has proved that.

Maybe you should quit posting for throwing a tantrum when somebody likes "boring inoffensive things".

It's definitely possible to have a non autismal Rick outfit though, but only when it's kept simple and again judging by every meet ever that's NEVER the case.
>>
File: BURBERRY-PRORSUM (2).jpg (169KB, 960x1443px) Image search: [Google]
BURBERRY-PRORSUM (2).jpg
169KB, 960x1443px
>>9270341
>The Burberry aesthetic is WEIRD btw

really?
>>
>>9270101
in more affluent areas most people at least are familiar with nordstrom
>>
>>9270101
They don't watch the Nordstrom's Thanksgiving Day Parade every year on tv?
>>
>>9270447
Yes even there. I don't know why it just looks "different" very much like Aquascutum doed. It looks surreal on the site too. Like the pieces are normcore but strange. I don't know if it's the color pallete or the colors used on their site and backgrounds of their shows but it's weird.
>>
File: mmm.jpg (73KB, 600x550px) Image search: [Google]
mmm.jpg
73KB, 600x550px
>>9270470
Burberry is rather standard British tailoring with sometimes a youthful edge.

You just have different taste, and for some reason, have decided to refer to it as "weird" rather than the appropriate "I don't like it."

For instance, I don't like MMM's aesthetic.

But some individual pieces look very nice when I see them in person.
>>
>>9270447
I think it's the lighting combined with that muted orange. Could be a David Lynch scene.
>>
>>9270062
The shirt you posted earlier looks like complete shit, can you not realise that?
Burberry isn't usually considered a good brand because it doesen't have good pieces, according to /fa/'s opinion.
>>
>>9270483
It's camel.

All the sudden you don't know colors just because it's a different label?

Come on anon.
>>
>>9270440
yeah the brismeet pic where everyone was wearing so much rick. Completely laughable the amount of people who see those pics and say >they fell for the rick owens troll, or something equally stupid.

You are completely ignorant. Lurk, learn (learn proper use of the word aesthetic, learn to stop using buzzwords like 'autismal') and then you can make meaningful contributions to this board and not sound retarded.
>>
>>9270482
No I kind of like Prorsum but I really do think it's "weird". I actually live in England and it doesn't at all mirror any aesthetic I'm personally familiar with.

If I'm on a shopping site I will always check Burberry Prorsum just in case but I find it strange in the same way Dries is. I think more people will understand what I mean when referring to Dries though as I've heard lots of people mirror that thought... Buti get the same feel with Burberry.

Think Uncanny Valley (?) if you're familiar with the term.
>>
>>9270062
It's made in China now.
>>
File: Dries.jpg (81KB, 600x550px) Image search: [Google]
Dries.jpg
81KB, 600x550px
>>9270503
It's fascinating your train of thought.
I looked up uncanny valley and everything to try to understand you, but I don't think that I will.

Especially when I think Dries is pretty great, though admittedly less rtw than I would like.
>>
>>9270184
this fucken sperglords obsession with creases
fucken no wonder most of you are incel
probably the same faggot who made the horizontal creases mean pants fit picture

raf 90's tailoring quality was very good
early 2000s tailoring was average, fused lining etc.
now all the tailoring is done in italy and belgium, supposed to be decent but who cares when the design isnt there anymore.

the end

take your mfa tier obsession with trivialities like 'creasing' and put it in your butt like you do nigger dicks fagggggg
>>
>>9270492
Lurk and learn lol wtf are you talking about I've been here for two years.

Just because I don't like the jedi clothing (actually I like norm Rick and DRKSHDW) I can't make "meaningful contributions"? I contribute a lot and can speak in-depth about the quality and fit of many brands and have helped people with DH denim which not many people seem to own. Many users have only owned Rick/Ann D, Raf, ACNE or Uniqlo so in that regard I'm actually a bigger asset contribution wise than yet another goof in the sea of goofs.
Unless you think it should be a circlejerk of Rick day in day out.

You're sounding a lot more retarded and ignorant.
>>
>>9270489
That's not camel
>>
>>9270541
Yes it is.
>>
>>9270464
lol'd
>>
>>9270528
So you don't think it's important that a jumper "worth" $200 creases so bad? I think perhaps you don't understand what's meant by creasing. It's not like just a little creasing it's "thrown on the bedroom floor for 6 months" crisp packet level. And it gets like it in 10 minutes tops. Is that acceptable for a $200 jumper I'd say not.
>>
>>9270552
Camel is... You know... The color of a camel. Like dark sand.
>>
File: i.jpg (33KB, 448x302px) Image search: [Google]
i.jpg
33KB, 448x302px
>>9270561
Mmhm.

And camels all come in one shade...

Stop being racist against camels.
>>
>>9270558
Yeah I'm not joking I went out in a Raf sweatshirt and a drunk alpha told me to iron my top and it was ironed and creaseless when I put it on an hour earlier.
>>
>>9270568
Show me an orange camel lol
>>
>>9270574
If you think that shirt is "orange" then there is nothing I can do to fix your colorblindness.
>>
>>9270558
do you know who i am you fucking idiot? dont talk to me you fag.

a dip dye is just cotton jersey made in portugal, its nothing special but the creasing is certainly not some failure of quality. the jersey is thicker than normal cotton and will crease due to the thickness, idc about dip dyes cause they're all shit anyway but you're a moron and your obsession with creasing is perfectly symptomatic of the retarded irrelevant shit most of you fucking sperglord incels on here are infatuated with.

'creasing'

reminds me of some fucking moron who asked how to stop his leather shoes from creasing.

short answer: dont wear it.
>>
>>9270586
Lol and you don't know who I am because I'm well known on the loserish forum where you learned the word "incel" and a known non-virgin.

You know no other cotton jerseys I've ever owned have creased like the Raf? I don't know if you own one but you don't seem to understand the magnitude.

Look at the other response about being told to iron it. That's how bad it is.
>>
>>9270579
The jumper he's wearing? It's pale orange lool wtf can someone else check this.
>>
>>9270186
And poor asians, in China right now and every second person is rocking some fake Haymarket shit
>>
>>9270612
>pale orange
You mean camel.
>>
>>9270619
Dude there are no pale orange camels lool am I losing my mind?
>>
File: striping_color-60-Camel-Beige_1.jpg (35KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
striping_color-60-Camel-Beige_1.jpg
35KB, 1500x1500px
>>9270619
I think I'm colorblind. This is what I see as camel I see that as orange.
>>
>>9270634
>>9270627
This is what Burberry (and myself) call "camel."

>>9270634
I would call this "beige" to be more distinctive.
>>
kind of related to the raf quality discussion

what brand would you consider to have the highest level of good quality and construction, even over the actual design and style values of the garments
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.