[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it bad to rick owens before raf simmonsing? i am trying to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: 1417934875310.jpg (122KB, 634x752px) Image search: [Google]
1417934875310.jpg
122KB, 634x752px
is it bad to rick owens before raf simmonsing? i am trying to appreciate both offerings by these designers but don't want to commit to full goof just yet.
>>
Get with the times. The designers to look out for now are Andy and Chris Vanash.
>>
You should try out a noose first OP, accessorize.
>>
>>9200121
you mean jan jan van assche? link pls
>>
File: a2PLqGO_460s_v1.jpg (49KB, 460x650px) Image search: [Google]
a2PLqGO_460s_v1.jpg
49KB, 460x650px
>>9200121
>chris vanash
>>
>>9200129
>>9200133
Ann Demeulemeester and Kris van Assche.

Come on where my slash effay slash bros at!?
>>
>>9200145
ann dem is retired
kris van asscheeks is a raf wanna be no body has been
>>
>>9200153
How long has Ann been retired?
>>
Raf Simons isn't really goofninja.

Try:
An demeulemeester
Boris Bidjan Saberi
Alexandre Plokhov
Parts of four
MA+
Carol Christian Poell
Lumen et Unbra.
>>
>>9200118

It's not an either/or proposition if you don't want it to be.
>>
>>9200448
This poster has little to no idea of what he is talking about.
>>
>>9200145
KVA is an actual hack whose completely undeserving of his current standing in fashion. He makes 'cool' shoes and backpacks and that's the only reason he's talked about on /fa/. His clothing rarely warrants any discussion. He's probably the best cocksucker in fashion, which gets you far
>>
>>9200433
like this time last year
>>
>>9200433

>http://www.oystermag.com/ann-demeulemeester-leaves-her-label

Sebastian Meunier had been hired for, what, a year before that, so she had already been delegating a lot before this happened. There was clearly a plan in place to ensure a smooth transition.
>>
>>9200548
is this good or badthing?
>>
>>9200552

Depends on who you ask, frankly. It's a business and it had to go on without her sooner or later. If the line's new direction doesn't please you, there's still plenty of other brands out there.
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 360x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 360x540px
>>9200552
Well obviously there was a reason Ann was part of the Antwerp 6. She was high,y esteemed and put out some of the most memorable shows of this decade. She knew how to create the aesthetic she loved perfectly but never let it go stale. That being said towards the end she began to lose sight a little bit and the shows lost something. So maybe Meunier will bring something to the table Ann didn't but for the most
Art when the creator of the label leaves most people see it as a bad thing or at the very least a step down from the original designers level.
>>
>>9200579
you reek of generic, simplistic opinion and very shallow level of knowledge, is your real name Jonathon by any chance?
>>
>>9200603
Not bday but would love to here your patrician opinions of Ann.
>>
>>9200490

You not liking a designer =/= the designer not being good

entitled brat
>>
>>9200612
patrician opinion coming through

i think the antwerp 6 were largely successful when they displayed their work in london was because at the time fashion was very much about severe tailoring, pronouncing the breast butt; sex appeal and glamour (they note it as something that surprised, that all the fashion in london was seemingly about sex appeal and slim fit tailoring).

but the antwerp 6, who had learned under linda loopa (much more concerned about the journey of an individual finding their own medium, expressing themselves) and i think because of that when they came to present their work in london what they offered came in stark contrast to the avaliable fashion of the time...

also antwerp, as a thriving artistic community (which had been governed by the previous dean of the academy, sorry name escapes atm but she was way more strict and expecting) was a good environment for artists from all disciples to discover themselves and produce content as a community.
>>
>>9200579
>Well obviously there was a reason Ann was part of the Antwerp 6. She was high
kek
>>
>>9200639
>>9200639
You didn't answer the original question though... What are you really even talking about? I was talking about why she was successful and why it will be seen as a negative that she left her label. There was no reason to bring the history of the six into account, your just flexing your knowledge for no apparent reason other than to appear smart. Which isn't working because you completely missed the target.
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 592x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 592x480px
>yfw its pronounced rough seamons
>>
>>9200548
>Ann demeulemeester
i was really sad to see that Ann's son wouldn't be taking over :<
>>
>>9200702

Why would he? Dude has a degree in graphic design.
>>
>>9200730
some of the clothes he made were very interesting. he had a concept store up with some of the neatest shit ive ever seen. still scratching my head on why he isn't pursuing fashion :|
>>
>>9200701
Yeah but no own ever pronounces it that way, like I remember when he was being given that award his boss at Dior pronounced it the "normal" way.
>>
>>9200617
You want to tell me why he is a good designer doing interesting things? You probably couldn't even picture a garment of his that isn't a shoe or backpack without googling it. If you can tell me what kva does to successfully stand out from the dozens of other designers doing the same repetitive sport lux thing atm maybe we can open up an actual discussion on his merit as a designer. I don't really understand why he was given the dior gig over NAT who had personal involvement with the house and was doing far more interesting things at the time in his own menswear than KVA (really impressive tailoring in his suiting, world class imo). He's just not very exciting to me. I'd like to know what you like about him
>>
>>9201090
>You probably couldn't even picture a garment of his

The "mixed media" sportswear/tailoring pieces from a few seasons ago were all over the place. He's very much a big part of the sport-luxe dialogue at the luxury retail level. You very much see him and Neil Barrett casualwear products displayed prominently in department stores with a relatively contemporary clientele.

Not saying he's great, but it's hard to imagine that a schmuck with no skill would be able to run his own line and a super storied menswear brand.
>>
>>9201097
Are you talking about the blazers with the 'rugged' graphic print blocking from AW13? I didn't really enjoy that at all, though I suppose it was interesting. I just think overall is output just fits into the dialogue you mention without standing out. He's still relatively young though, and with more than his foot in the door so I could be convinced otherwise, I enjoyed elements of SS14 quite a bit. Its just funny to see certain designers accelerated to relevancy without personally seeing any real reason why (like why KVA and not NAT, who is fading into obscurity really, but could easily have flourished with the same.opportunities)
>>
>>9201120

NAT produces a significantly more niche product that has a much smaller audience. Siki Im has a similarly great pedigree and also has made the decision to stay in the right stores instead of trying to get into all the stores. KVA, in contrast, has made inroads in both the luxe streetwear arena with the expansion of footwear (hate if you want, but they're smart and they manage to keep their seasonal offerings relevant) and a significant amount of sportswear. The tailoring itself represents a smaller portion of their overall sales, but his shirting always shows up at top tier doors. He's also been smart about moving manufacturing to keep prices under control while protecting margins. Sure, a lot of this is the CEO that's helping him run the show and his assistant designers, but there still has to be a person articulating a vision for a brand to have this sort of growth and presence.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.