[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do women care what guys wear? I recently read a few articles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (194KB, 717x1222px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194KB, 717x1222px
Do women care what guys wear? I recently read a few articles that some women judge a man on the type of shoes he wears and a lot of comments say that's very superficial and too judgmental of women. Others also say only gay men care about fashion and most men don't care about it and most decent women don't care what men wear

What's your opinion on this? I only really tried to start dressing better so my social anxiety would decrease and I'd feel more confident around women as well, but now I'm not sure if it even matters if they don't give a fuck and just look at facial aesthetics
>>
Okay, so basically the impression I get is that people (men AND women) don't look with too much interest at what anyone is wearing. That being said, it's not hard to recognise when someone is dressed badly (e.g. badly fitting clothes, bad colour matching, etc.). Also, people will start to recognise that you are putting some effort in right after you stop wearing graphic tees and hoodies every day, but only people interested in fashion will give a shit about something like the brand of your shoes.
>>
>>9023708
I get what you're saying. Most people, girls included probably don't care exactly what you're wearing as long as you appear to look good

Like they won't know if you're pant trousers are too loose, they will just know it doesn't look as good as if it was more slim fit. They don't consciously think of it but they just know what they like

I think they key is to not make it obvious you are trying too hard
>>
>>9023697
I used to not care about peoples clothing, but after./fa/ i cant stop judging people baeed on their clothing
>>
>>9023792
Has it made you more insecure, thinking other people judge you on your clothing?

I walk around looking at the clothes people wear and sometimes their shoes. I also look at how muscular guys are and shit too. I'm not sure if most people do this
>>
>>9023794
It has a little and i hinestly feel people are judging me whenever they look at me now. And i constantly think groups of females talk about me behind my back
>>
>>9023802
It's got to do with low self esteem. I once saw a girl look at my shoes as she was walking past me and I am not sure but I thought she was checking out my shoes. I mean why else would you look down like that?

I got paranoid and then started buying better shoes and now I am almost addicted to shoe shopping
>>
I can promise you this , style does matter.

Dont know whoo those women are but when I dress and smell well , I get more compliments and women arent so defensive.
>>
>>9023828
How are you meeting these women and what setting is this? Are they people you know or random women?
>>
>>9023832
Well at college and lounges. Depending on which country you come from , sitting next to a girl on a bus or train is also another way of socializing , but I hear europeans like their personal space so tough.
>>
Those articles are sensational bullshit and click bait.

Repeat after me:
"Top 10 X lifestyle articles are shit and I shouldn't give them ad revenue."

Ok, now that that's out of the way! That's just bullshit people cook up in order to write an article about something. It differs from person to person.
>>
>>9023697
It's not important to dress interestingly or uniquely to just look attractive, that's mostly down to stuff like fitness and facial appearance more than anything.

But, that being said, an interest in clothing will never hurt and dressing nicely will absolutely subliminally improve how people perceive you. Not only that but a feeling that you have a grasp of style can boost confidence, and some people do need to dress differently to compliment their natural aesthetic.
>>
Most people don't give a shit. Women care somewhat more about what men wear than the other way around. (Unless women wear slutty clothing, in which case everyone cares).
>>
If people don't care how men dress then how can you appear more attractive to women?
>>
>>9023864
Skin, hair, body and facial aesthetics.
>>
I recently started hitting on a guy because, among other things, I thought he dressed well.

It's like when a guy knows how to cook. I think girls like it when men show (moderate!) interest in hobbies considered to be feminine. It projects a sense of security in your masculinity.
>>
>>9023697
Of course they care. Everyone cares, anyone who says otherwise is full of shit. The clothes, and maybe shoes especially, tells a shitload about a person.
>>
Fashion helps as a lens for your physical aesthetics.

in other words, it can amplify how handsome you look, or it can amplify how built you are (if you wear slim clothing).

Basically, ugly people will look passable at best in good clothing, and good looking people will look good looking in pretty much anything
>>
>>9023697
I think the way you dress can give a sense of what kind of person you are if you dress with a certain style that suits you.
I don't think people look that much in to clothes though. Everybody likes a well dressed man/woman though right?
>>
Women care more about your job and ambition than the clothes you're wearing.
They don't think about the cut/fit of your pants unless you were wearing something obviously horrendous (teen goth/ wigga 2004).
Being clean, well-groomed and a job are more important than anything.
>>
>>9025776

And there is a point where women will think a guy is gay by the way he dresses.
>>
>>9025776
>Women care more about your job and ambition
This is what I thought when I was younger, but now I think facial aesthetics are very important to attraction
>>
those chicks post online saying that some shredded guy is groce. if they see that guy irl they will be wet. same thing here. as a moderately attractive man I see a considerable difference when I wear nice clothes
>>
>>9023794

After frequenting /fa/ I have found myself checking out men pretty frequently (pause)
>>
>>9025812

If you started talking to a nice looking lady and she said she didn't have a job and was looking for a nice man would you still find her as attractive?
Initially looks mean something but personality is very potent, for good and bad, when you get to know people.
>>
Girls care about how hot you are more then anything, just like men
>>
>>9025841
So I guess it's the looks that initially get you attraction but you need other things to keep it there?

The problem with not being attractive looking is that it's hard to get that initial attraction to show you are actually a decent person. This is why I think clothes might help with that
>>
A good post I saw a while ago described a well-dressed man as the cherry on top of a cake.

If you're not outgoing or confident or attractive or funny or whatever else women like in men then your sense of fashion is just a cherry on top of a shit cake.
>>
>>9025865
But a cherry on top of a shit cake is still better than no cherry on top of a shit cake right?

It's easier to add the cherry than to change the cake
>>
>>9023864
you can't either you're attractive or you're not

you're on 4chan

so welcome to to uggo club kid

...yall niggas wanna play some dungeons and dragons?
>>
>>9025868
Of-course a cherry is better than no cherry, ask any robot.

It's just that women are more interested in other stuff before your clothes.
>>
>>9024026
>Basically, ugly people will look passable at best in good clothing, and good looking people will look good looking in pretty much anything

right in the feels, man.
>>
I generally see myself as a visual person. I think that with this and the fact that I live in an area full of basic bitches and sloppy joes - who think they're fully dressed in leggings as pants and socks with sandals - that I can't help feeling attracted to people (romantically and non-romantically) - guys included - who dress well.

Physical aesthetics is definitely up there, but that's just something hard-wired in all of us.

I tend to pay attention to what people wear because I believe it reflects on what they're like and how they carry themselves.
>>
>>9023864

Be confident, funny, and proactive. Have material wealth, status and the respect of your peers.
>>
>>9025879
y-yes please
>>
>>9025837
>tfw i also check out men if they have decent fits

I didn't use to do this before /fa/
>>
I think they just care if he is balding or not
>>
>>9026099

and his height.

I care about a females height so it'd be hypocritical for me to care.
>>
>>9026103
and a nice sizeable bank account can't hurt
>>
>>9026112
with a nice big house and car whilst your at it
>>
>>9026116
vacations...does what she wants..all helpful
>>
>>9023697
Well theres an old saying in my country. It translates to something like:

>First impression is from your dress, last impression from your brains/wits.

It always mattered and will matter how you look. Not only with girls. Everywhere.
>>
>>9026210

lel
russian?
>>
>>9023754
the key is to not try at all
>>
They do care. It's obviously not the most important thing, but it matters.

Made a lot of friends when I started dressing nicely, most of them are women, also at least kissed most of the girls. Clothes make you look better, which leads to people being more willing to talk to you and also boosts your confidence (did it to me anyway).
>>
>>9026099

bruh :(
>>
>>9023697
Not really. Everybody is too busy thinking the same thing, "What is that person thinking about me?" So everyone is basically stuck in their own heads and not even looking or thinking about you.
>>
>>9026096
i also started checking out girls with sick fits

i blame /fa/
>>
>>9025879
Only ever played D&D a few times.
>tfw the dungeon master gets pissed you're turning goblins into pies instead of interrogating them
>>
>>9026283
yes they do
but for me it is that I care much less about shitty people's opinions. I mean, they might be kind/good people/whatever, but if they are dressed poorly or have visible poor hygiene or something else I won't really care about their opinion.
>>
I think simply put, they do care that you at least make an effort plus it can't hurt you in any way to attempt to dress better. I simply changed my shoes from tennis shoes to some nicer desert boots and that's the first thing the girls in my office noticed. I got some better fit jeans. That's the first thing they notice. I get a haircut. That's the first thing they comment on. Now they're just being friendly but it's still attention.

Also, men have it easier. You can dress pretty basic and plain, wear the same thing essentially everyday and still look good. Girls have it pretty tough in the area of selection and following trends.
>>
>>9026500
Were you dressed badly before or did you just start dressing better? Those girls know you already so they saw a change. I am wondering if women that didn't know you before would notice or not
>>
File: 1294440496644.png (21KB, 494x400px) Image search: [Google]
1294440496644.png
21KB, 494x400px
Have you read that study about being /fit/, and basically even if women didn't prefer fit guys normally, they found it more attractive on average?

I think it's kind of like that. It is more of a subconscious things that make it. Like, nobody actively is checking out fashion for the most part, but if someone is dressed in well fitting clothes, then you get a vibe from them of knowledge and confidence. Not to say you can't appreciate a coworker's shoes or some shit for how they wear them (Brogues are cool), but for the most part it is just something that people pick up.

Nobody is gonna appreciate you more for buying Momotaro jeans as opposed to Levi's though. (Save maybe for cut), so that boils down to personal taste. At that point, it is all about you and your appreciation for details and the quality of product.
>>
>>9026540
>women didn't prefer fit guys normally, they found it more attractive on average
What do you mean they find fit guys attractive but they don't prefer them normally? How does that make sense?

I think they thing is not to go overboard which some people tend to do once they get into something
>>
>>9026306
your dm sounds autistic af
>>
>>9026576
DM was new as well and just learning how to do campaigns while I was pulling that shit. We joke about it a fair bit now.
>>
>>9026549
I think he meant that when asked directly, women said that they are not into/do not prefer fit guys normaly, but when directly asked to rate attractiveness, they rated fit guys on average. Like, admitting it vs. subconscious attraction.

Makes sense if you ask me.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.