[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't you wear Stephan Schneider?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

Why don't you wear Stephan Schneider?
>>
>>8654535
Because Paul Harnden
>>
>>8654547
Schneider's fabrics > Harnden's
>>
>>8654535
i like the fabrics but the design is too traditional for me. schneider also doesn't suit tall people, i have the same complaint for ervell
>>
>>8654577
>tfw king of manlets
>Schneider is my favorite designer, Ervell is another close favorite
Coinkydink?
>>
Am i going insane? Did we have this exact thread yesterday with the exact same 1st post which provoked some actual designer discussion or did I dream it?
>>
>>8654599
You're still sane Anon.

https://warosu.org/fa/thread/S8650869
>>
>>8654603
Thank you, also
>this passes for discussion on /fa/ right now

I've never handled Stephan Schneider before so I can't comment on the quality of the tailoring but I assume that's the major draw? The designs don't seem particularly interesting and it really wouldn't fit with my current aesthetic. Then again I'm only really looking at what online retailers actually stock and not the collections as he's presented them, so almost any designer can be made uninteresting by a tentative buyer. I'll look into him a little more. Why should I wear Stephan Schneider, OP?
>>
>>8654535

w2c this exact coat/jacket?
>>
>>8654535
because he's boring as shit
>>
>>8654681
Post example of current aesthetic, I may be able to help
>>
File: prod_big_19299.jpg (385KB, 1196x1800px) Image search: [Google]
prod_big_19299.jpg
385KB, 1196x1800px
>>8654681
Well, the tailoring/level of finition is one aspect of Schneider that's great, but the true draw for Schneider is his textiles. I could take some pictures of some of mine to illustrate this, but he develops all his textiles in-house and has then has them done by a bigger textile company, and all his proprietary fabrcis are simply breath-taking - textured cotton twills that feel like wool, beautiful chainmail-esque knitwear, one of the most interesting linen blends I've ever handled. Honestly, I can't think of anyone else who uses better textiles, even Yamamoto
Also his stuff is extremely affordable considering it's all made in belgium, his shirting is rarely over $300 and his trousers mostly fall below $400, even his heavyweight winter coats (like this season's Algae, pic related) is around $1000 - if you tried to get outerwear like that from a larger European or Japanese house, it'd be nearly impossible
Also I find his designs to be quite interesting
>>8654722
AW11, style name is "Merino"
They come up for sale every now and then
>>8654725
How so?
>>
because /fa/ can't wear anything that's not skin-tight
>>
>>8654730
Same focus on textiles + more interesting cuts/silhouette than what I've seen from Stephan Schneider.
>>
>>8655329
I'm seated behind the guy who took this shot.
>>
>>8654752
>>Honestly, I can't think of anyone else who uses better textiles, even Yamamoto

That's a huge call

But I've never seen Schneider's stuff
>>
File: StephanSchneiderFW10B.jpg (37KB, 525x700px) Image search: [Google]
StephanSchneiderFW10B.jpg
37KB, 525x700px
>>8655383
It honestly is, and I love Yamamoto, own a few pieces myself, and despite the level Yamamoto's textiles are at, Schneider's fabrics are honestly unrivaled in terms of his depth and breadth of experimentation
Also his stuff is obviously cut a little less full than Yamamoto, which is why I prefer him
In a lot of ways, Schneider takes the parts I like most about Yamamoto and even improves on them, he's honestly everything I want out of clothing
>>
>>8655404
I don't think you've tried on a full Yohji collection.

But again, I don't have a point of comparison so I probably can't offer too much discussion on this.
>>
Why don't more designers do textile development? It's such a huge part of our experience of the clothes.
>>
>>8655438
Because some people base their whole gimmick on silhouette (like meme owens) and not what really makes peices unique and high fashion
>>
>>8654535
because I hate Belgians
>>
>>8654535
it was popular years ago on here and sz

i always thought, meh fancy sweatpants and sewters

the robert geller off the boring ass clothes world
>>
>>8655446
If you think what Rick Owens does with silhouette is a gimmick, or that his silhouettes are even the most notable thing about his desig...

wait, you said "meme owens," nm, go play on Reddit.
>>
>>8654535
I'd honestly rather wear PH.
>>
>>8655438
Because of cost and in turn profit margins, also, I think it is largely a matter of the designer's origins and training.

Some designers can't cut a pattern to save themselves whereas other designers have been heavily involved in the actual construction of garments their whole lives.

Those designers tend to be interested in the materials first and foremost and the design and runway looks come into play after that, whereas other designers have a vision in their head and want to transplant it into reality, and will use whatever material best serves creating that vision.

Pic unrelated I was going to include a cheap shot at raf somewhere and then forgot about it
>>
>>8655570
Lol u mad, aspie dickrider goshnigger
>>
>>8655662
But see, you'd think they'd *both* be super interested in materials.

The former as what they're working with, the latter as part of the vision.
>>
>>8655433
No, I haven't, what boutique does a full buy, other than the actual flagships?
I've never tried on an entire Schneider collection either
But I'm still adamant that, in my personal experience, from all the Yohji and Schneider I've owned and tried on, Schneider's textiles are better than Yohji's
>>8655446
Owens has some good and interesting textiles
>>8655479
Fair enough, but he's German
>>
Hey, looks like *the* Merino coat, yes the one I posted in the OP, is up on Grailed
http://www.grailed.com/listings/16822-stephan-schneider-fw2011-double-alpaca-jacket
Grab away!
>>
File: v8fvr6.jpg (18KB, 519x445px) Image search: [Google]
v8fvr6.jpg
18KB, 519x445px
the textiles might be great but it all looks like shit
nice to see a fashion threads on /fa/ though
mod will probably delete it to make room for another hair general
>>
>>8655662
Is raf just higher-fashion hype shit? sure looks like it
>>
>>8655570
do you actually think that gimmicky is not a perfect word to describe rick's attitude ad design ethos?
>>
>>8655662
>mailing my father the blue camo parka for kicks
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.