[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fanbases on /fa/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 34

File: 1376749370772.jpg (709KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1376749370772.jpg
709KB, 2048x1536px
>good:
rick owens fans
arcteryx & techwear general fans
yohji yamamoto fans
stephan schneider fans
visvim fans
jil sander fans
damir doma fans

>ordinarily polite and friendly. can be found giving useful advice, dumping images, and making informative and helpful posts. most fans of these designers are less immature than the terrible fanbases, and this becomes evident rapidly everywhere on the internet and in real life.

>terrible:
patrik ervell fans
'palewave' and 'normcore' advocates
raf simons fans

>can be found shitposting everywhere, giving laughable 'advice', positng unecessary single-question threads, posting meritless outfits (more commonly not posting outfits at all), spouting memes, being aggressive. the nature of these designers produces an insecure fanbase obsessed with one-upmanship and keeping pace with trends.

>extra low tier:
vast majority of undercoverism fans
helmut lang fans
>>
I see you're still mad.
>>
add hedifans to extra low tier pls. :)
>>
>>8554156
What if I like techwear and patrick ervell?
>>
>>8554161
sl dudes are actually ok m8
they're plebs, but most of the ones on /fa/ are civil and accept criticism
>>
>tfw you like all those designers
>tfw you readily start threads to dump images of said designers
>tfw you give advice and try to be polite
Am I just lying to myself /fa/
>>
>>8554156
>tfw my fav designers are Schneider , raf , jill and ervell
sweating
>>
>>8554187
You're lying because there has not once been an image dump of any said designer recently
>>
>>8554203
I made both of the Fashion Runway General threads I don't know if you saw them, but I dumped images of shows along with a couple others to the image limit. Then I started another and posted about 50 more pictures but no one else even looked at the thread so I stopped. /fa/ isn't really interested in fashion I've come to believe.
>>
>>8554241
what is that
>>
At least for Raf fans there are two kinds new ones that just jump on the bandwagon and others who actually know what they are talking about. The latter ones are actually usually really pleasant and helpful the other ones are complete fuccbois.
>>
>>8554251
What is what?
>>
>>8554185
they always complain about how girls are "miring" them but never approach them, but always call girls bitches for some reason, the only shoes they like to talk about are either ugly ass high heels or chelsea boots, and only like incredibly tight shit, they pretend that wearing clothes too small for them and being annorexic and skinnyfat is an actual lifestyle. they pretend that hedi is actually capable of doing anything interesting and original. they are ok with leather jackets for 3500 dollars, and don't realise how not punk that is? they are without a doubt the most close minded people on this board and, combined with people that are obsessed with any aesthetic (whether it be the ones wearing light washed jeans and giving that a dumb name, or the people wearing only black clothes and giving that a dumb name as well) the biggest shitposters of this board.

#plsbringbacksulliandmagtessbecauseimkindabutthurttbh
>>
yung lean fans belong on extra low tier
>>
>>8554258
>>8554241
>>
>>8554259
that wasnt very positive
>>
>>8554156
Whatever happened to Matt, does he still post here?
>>
>>8554161
>>8554259
whats up with all that negativity
>>
>>8554156
You have good and terrible backwards.

Memeochrome fans:
Call people poor but are poor, reply to everything with autism or faggot, mock anything that isn't anorexic white people

Palewave crew:
Nice, cool, calm, confident, no social anxiety, lots of social proof, helpful informative posts, no spam, no edgy teen humor, successful with lots of money but humble about it
>>
this thread is like that image with that "me and other girls" comparison shit
>>
>>extra low tier:
>vast majority of undercoverism fans
I want to disagree with this, but I have seen occasional bouts of pretentiousness coming from people talking about them.
As for everything you put under "terrible", I think that's just your opinion m80
>>
>>8554259
this
>>
add anyone who uses "meme" as an adjective (memeshoes, meme designers, memeochrome) to extra low tier
>>
>>8554156

>tricky ricky fans in charge of deciding what's good and what's not

you just brought edgyness to a whole new level
>>
>>8554631
Memeochrome Richard Owens fan wearing common projects detected
>>
>>8554653
what do common projects have to do with rick owens
>>
>Raf simons is bad.

He's been p bad lately, but his early work makes up for his lack of creativity lately.

>Helmut lang fans extra bad
Do you mean real Helmut Lang?
Real Helmut Lang was a fantastic designer.

otherwise good list.
>>
>>8554676
how has raf been creatively lacking
>>
>>8554631

meme

noun
noun: meme; plural noun: memes

1. an element of a culture or system of behaviour passed from one individual to another by imitation or other non-genetic means.

2. an image, video, piece of text, etc., typically humorous in nature, that is copied and spread rapidly by Internet users, often with slight variations.
>>
>>8554668
Lmao you said "Rick Owens"

are you imagining people taking street style blog pics of you in the minidress you call a tshirt from your parents basement, teen
>>
>>8554679
He hasn't really, but his stuff hasn't seemed as inspired since like 2010.
>>
>>8554684
did you reply to the right post?
>>
>>8554283
If you mean the thread I just posted a ton of pictures from shows I liked I thought it was a pretty cool idea but I guess not many others did.
>>
>>8554691
Cool
>>
>>8554676
You missed the point of the post. Its not about the designers themselves, its about the fans, and how irritating they are.
>>
>>8554694
To be honest I really appreciate runway dumps. I did one the other day and got stick for it too. I used to do these same dumps like three years ago and got stick for it then too, but a few people appreciated it. Keep doing them I say, it's better than a lot of these recently shit threads.
>>
>>8554694
tbh i just ignore those threads cause its so easy to find the shows online already and anyone whos interested in them has probably already seen them

dont need to wait for an anon fighting the flood limit and captachas to post a show i can easily find on style.com
>>
>>8554676
I actually thought Rafs FW14 was beautiful and I can't wait for more Raf x Sterling Ruby. Well besides the shoes.
>>
>>8554732
So are they (RS and SR) continuing to collaborate?

Was the s/s15 a collab between SR and RS?
>>
>>8554156
Okay, no. I'm all over every techwear thread doing everything you talk about and exhorting people to be more positive and intelligent about stuff, but your post is unproductive and pretty much wrong. I won't fisk the whole thing, but a few things I can't let slide.

Jun is a genius producing clothes more suited for now than anyone else at the level Undercover's at.

Helmut is even more of a genius (though less to my taste) and completely changed the fashion landscape - I promise you whoever you like has a deep and inextricable debt to Helmut.

Being into "techwear" styles and not appreciating them (or Ervell, for that matter) is just odd. The only way I can even conceive of that is if you're one those boys for whom "techwear" is only this austere, militarized dressup badass thing. Which maybe is the case, if you're citing Arc'Teryx as the epitomy of it.

(Because of their dedication and focused customer base, Arc'Teryx frequently is a cut above other mass market outdoor brands in things like fit and materials (though I personally find the features a bit ill-considered often enough to mention it here).

But their aesthetic is far, far too austere and hard, and you can feel LEAF poisoning most of the line just looking at the clothes.

I suggest looking at Black Diamond, Tilak, and Klattermusen (though Klattermusen is a bit oddball) for people doing things at a similarly high level without the bullshit.)

Finally, "normcore" is a bad concept for thinking through some pretty good clothes, ones that are *very* related to what's going on with "techwear." They're cousins, when they're not the same outfit.
>>
>>8554694
I like them please keep posting and help bring up the quality of /fa/. What are the designers you've been posting itt?
>>
>>8554725
I know what your saying but since most people aren't even interested in fashion or have little actual knowledge of it I thought I would help. But fuccbois will always be fuccbois I guess.
>>
>>8554756

>talking about fuccbois
>posting edgy couture
>>
>>8554741
Don't think ss15 was(not positive) but I am positive that they are still collabing.
>>
>>8554753
In order:
Undercoverism
Junn J
Raf
Damir Doma

>pic is Bernard Willhelm
>>
>>8554804
I feel like Damir doma and Juun J are overlooked on this board

Thanks for contribootin
>>
>>8554839
Junn J definitely his stuff is right up /fa/s ally but it's a lot more fresh in my eyes compared to others like him. Damir is talked about here more but I think he is always grouped with goth-ninja designers which he really isn't at all. Thanks, knowing people actually care about this stuff makes me happy.
>>
>>8554329
Yes
>>
Anyone have more pictures of matt's sister?
>>
>>8554859
Damir def gets talked about more often than Juun J, but he gets a lot of hate here mostly for his SILENT line and for "being a sell-out".
>>
>>8554908
thanks m8
>>
>>8554917
I don't get how that's selling out but DRKSHDW isn't. Although it may not be on the same level of production and cutting and all that, silent still has some really cool pieces at good prices imo. I haven't really liked his newest stuff but older Damir has some of my favorite pieces I have ever seen.
>>
>>8554756
To be honest, I feel like a lot of people on /fa/ don't come here because they're interested in fashion or clothes design as a hobby (or as a form of art, for that matter) so they don't really seem to care about runway stuff or "high" fashion in general, besides designer skate shoes and t-shirts.

A big part of the threads here are about everyday wear and basic stuff; if someone posts a picture in WAYWT wearing Rick or Yohji, they usually get called autistic for dressing like that.

I don't really care about how I dress IRL, I'm interested in fashion from the design standpoint, I really enjoy fashion show threads. I have been away from /fa/ for some time now so I don't know if "fashion week generals" are still a thing but I feel like those used to be the best threads where you could talk about fashion and post interesting looking outfits - no matter how wearable it maybe is in the real life.

(Wow, this turned out to be a long post about absolutely nothing...)
>>
>>8554987
Fashion Week Generals sound fucking awesome but yeah probably not much have interest. I still care what I look like, but my love for fashion I think surpasses that. I would permanently move to sufu or something but most other places are so circlejerky and elitist it's quite daunting maybe /fa/ will change someday but probably not.
>>
>>8554917
Most designers have a diffusion line, and Silent is only as much a diffusion as DRKSHDW is to RO.
>>
>>8555081
Yeah so there is no reason to call him a sellout.
>>
>>8555114
my point exactly
>>
>>8554518
>Nice, cool, calm, confident, no social anxiety, lots of social proof
>implying these people would waste their time discussing fashion on an anime imageboard.

The people jumping on palewave right now are the exact same people who were (trying) going full monochrome last year.
>>
>>8555239
>>8554518
nobody is jumping on palewave... it was a troll.
>>
>>8554681
>using meme unironocally.

it has gone too far.
>>
>>8555245
yeah please keep wearing your 2012 rick owens clothing PLEASE we do not need more people on the paletrain
>>
>>8555245
And a lot of people fell for it.
>>
>>8554241
When was this? Haven't seen a runaway general in an eternity. May be because I haven't been on too much lately though, idk
>>
>>8555259
this is why palewave trolls are in the low-tier.
>>
Why don't you like Patrik Ervell?
>>
>>8555265
Like a week ago or so. I'm on my phone UT I probably will do one in a couple of days. I need to find new pictures too. Hope to see you there.
>>
>>8555245
That's wrong there are definitely people that jumped on palesave and genuinely enjoy it
>>
>>8555271
its Patrik Ervell fans that are bad.
>>
>>8555280
Oh it was you
>>
>>8555271
Probably because palewave
>>
>>8555269
just chillax bro

why do you care that people are being creative and revolutionary?

wear whatever you want dude
>>
>>8554156

Everybody on /fa/ acts like retards from what I've seen. Only person I've seen give actual help is facist
>>
>>8555280
If I see it i'll be there for sure man, might jump on and dump some ann or dries or smth too
>>
these meta threads are the fucking plebbiest you can get
>>
Fuck outta here, Undercoverism is the best thing you mentioned in your shitty post
>>
>>8555535
"undercoverism FANS" he said nothing about the brand itself, just the fans, feel like you didn't bother to read the post...
>>
>>8555397
/fa/scist is like at least 3 different people
>>
>>8555961
90% of his posts are one guy (the original)
>>
>>8555704
im not >>8555535 but whats so bad about undercover fans?
>>
>>8555977
theyre obnoxious cunts

literally the otaku of the japanese (streetwear) brand scene
>>
>>8555292
Does that immediately invalidate everything I said or something?
>>
File: fascist.jpg (106KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
fascist.jpg
106KB, 960x960px
>>8555969
?
>>
>>8556077
Does anyone know what him or Lamy look like? I've always wanted to knoe
>>
>>8556077
yea thats him
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Cy2OK7e2VU

>>8556124
afaik no one knows what lamy looks like
>>
>>8556124
fascist really aint pretty
>>
>>8554156
gay
>>
>>8556135
Aww he's cute, actually one of the few asain guys I've ever been attracted to.
>>
File: fascist2.jpg (118KB, 720x486px) Image search: [Google]
fascist2.jpg
118KB, 720x486px
>>8556178

>>8556137
disagree.
>>
>>8556607
he Korean or Chinese?
>>
>>8555245
i go with a pale fit at least 3 times a week now, its honestly the calm cool way of the future. people seem to just know you are a chill person when you have a pale fit on.
>>
>>8556135
That video made me smile and I actually learned something strong 9 to 10 on this one.
>>
why do people hate raf simons now? is it because he's getting more popular
>>
>>8557027
His stuff has gotten slightly repetitive and a little tacky, but I think his last couple seasons were a step in the right direction. The real reason is people no matter how much they may hate to admit it is because he has gotten more popular and their niche designers is suddenly being worn by any more people.
>>
>>8557062
>birthday talking as if he knows shit about designers
SMH
>>
>>8554241
>>8554694
>>8554732
>>8554756
>>8554780
>>8554804
>>8554859
>>8554953
>>8555028
>>8555280
All of these are me decide for yourself if I know what I'm talking about
>>8557103
>>
>>8557119
>
Junn J definitely his stuff is right up /fa/s ally but it's a lot more fresh in my eyes compared to others like him. Damir is talked about here more but I think he is always grouped with goth-ninja designers which he really isn't at all. Thanks, knowing people actually care about this stuff makes me happy.

WOW SO DEEP SO MUCH KNOWLEDGE

smh, this manlet poorfag got 1 raf sweater on sale and saved 50 'runway pics' in 299x450 resolution and thinks he knows shit
>>
>>8557134
>>
>>8555998
>>8555998
>literally the otaku of the Japanese streetwear brand scene
Nah everyone knows that's balmung or any of those designers that specialize in making people wear blankets. Dunno where the negative stigma toward Undercover's fans came from
>>
>>8557172
Most UC fans are diehards, and defend it to the grave that's not the case through and through but for a good part. I like Jun's stuff but I can all see why most people wouldn't, ss15 was a breath of fresh air imo when it comes to Undercoverism.
>>
>>8557188
>ss15 was a breath of fresh air
Really? I didn't see it that was at all. Rehashed designs, the silhouettes are basically the same as they have been for a couple seasons now and more use of band merch designs. At least the color palette is different and the aspects that are usually strong are still that way. The lack of detail orientation still makes me sad.
>>
>>8557188
I guess your right about the silhouettes but I thought the details on some pieces were really nice like the jeans. Maybe actually am one of the crazy UC fans.
>>
>damir doma

i honestly think next to kris van assche, he makes the best designer sneakers.

rick looks like wrestling boots or mechwarrior feet, raf simon looks like autistic fucking kindergarten school shoes with velcro straps so the short bus kids can do them up

look at these KVA's. these and damir doma's saturs look fantastic, you could wear them and not look like some sort of futuristic clown.
>>
>>8557245
>>8557228
Opps
>>
>>8557247
forgot my pic

also you can find them for like half the price of stupid clunky geos
>>
>>8554259
That's mostly just that turtlefaced toiletman
>>
>>8557188
I am an Undercover diehard and I see nothing wrong with that.

Does Jun's quality fluctuate? Yes, but so what? That's *any* artist, and that fashion designers tend to be more consistent is a bad thing. Almost none of them reach the heights Jun does, or experiments as much as he does, and the relative standardization of collections and aesthetics is a consequence of the fashion-industrial complex, the need to produce a new work every six months and the impetus to play it safe with the amount of money and the effect an off collection can have on future perception & sales. Jun fucks with that to the minimum necessary to participate at the top level of the fashion game, and he does it quite a lot - how many designers do you know putting out as many collections and collaborations as he does?

I agree S/S 15 was the best in a while. Jun's at his best when he's going full fashionfuck on what looks like it "should" be relatively conventional clothes, liberating them into the world of deviance, the bizarre, the nerdy obsession with a feeling or an aesthetic amplified up to beautiful and somehow improving distortion and glitch. The best examples of this are probably his best collection, F/W 09 "Earmuff Maniac," which is like this delirious urbane x punk x /out/core thing that's entirely perfect; S/S '11 "Underman," in which avant-la-lettre-normcore-y clothes are made for a soul-saving comic book superhero, complete with action figures; and S/S '10 "less but better," spare luxe-tech as a tribute to Dieter Rams.
>>
>>8557313
Forgot pic.

ADVENTURE, guys! Corny, and a music reference, but never forget Jun made the Unknown Pleasures graphic a thing when he slapped it on a fuckin' cloak for "Earmuff Maniac."
>>
File: 00240fullscreen.jpg (181KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
00240fullscreen.jpg
181KB, 683x1024px
>>8557316
Earmuff Maniac.
>>
>>8557348
Underman.
>>
>>8557316
Damn you're incredibly fucking knowledgeable about this stuff. Honestly really fucking impressed right now. Where do you usually read up on fashion stuff, because you obviously know your shit. I've always kind of appreciated Undercover at least his men's stuff from afar(women's stuff is some of my favorite fashion I've come across) but I think I'll have to check it out more in depth now.
>>
>>8557119
birthday do u look at designer's collections and form a personal opinion on it?

or are u trying to form opinions relative to history / other designers / etc
>>
>>8557369
I'm kind of confused by what you mean when you say history/other designers/ etc. Do you mean when I see a collection I take all the previous collections into account if so yes. I think it's really cool to see how designers evolve and play off of old shows or completely go against what they did previously. As for other designers I compare them if the styles are the same I'll use what I know of them to help figure out or try to understand something I guess. So I guess the answer would be both I obviously have my immediate knee jerk opinion but then I usually think about the second part history and other designers, materials, even sometimes how the shoe is styled if it is interesting and try to form a more mature and fair opinion. Sorry if this doesn't help I was a little unsure of what you were asking.
>>
File: 00080fullscreen.jpg (154KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
00080fullscreen.jpg
154KB, 683x1024px
>>8557355
Less but Better.

>>8557357
I'll respond to this later, promise, just a little beat up to write something good for it right now.
>>
>>8554156
Good job classifying people on a pointless anime forum. I bet you have nothing else to do.
>>
>>8557119
my opinion of you increased

but why are you fits so crappy
>>
>>8557401
This isn't a good excuse but I work minimum wage so I've had to build my wardrobe from scratch purely with my own money. I do still live at home so I don't pay bills or anything but it's still slow, besides that when I first started caring about how I dress and copping clothes I bought exactly what /fa/ told me too. So right now my wardrobe is pretty boring, my really bad fits are almost always ones I'm just experimenting with seeing if I actually like the pieces together or not. I haven't been able to cop anything major in forever because I had to buy a new computer and then a blazer for wedding in school so that was like a month and a half of work right there. Since I've started really getting into fashion I've really stopped caring so much about how I look, and more just on gathering knowledge on the designers I wanted to buy before. Sorry this ended up being really long.
>>
File: 374849_320n.jpg (21KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
374849_320n.jpg
21KB, 320x240px
>>8554156

>god-tier
CdG fans
>>
File: CDG1.jpg (108KB, 449x675px) Image search: [Google]
CDG1.jpg
108KB, 449x675px
>>8557437
What's wrong with CDG fans? If tour using that picture for reference to them having poor taste or something I would disagree with you because it's cherry picking pretty hard. That show was actually really nice. The colors were very unexpected at least for me since you have these bright pastels for a fall show. As for the fit it's classic CDG stuff cropped trousers/shorts , lower crotch, larger baggies fitting jackets. The hats were obviously a poke at pastels only being worn in spring a.k.a Easter time. Lastly the embroidery on many of the pieces gave it that same springy feel. I honestly liked that the most about this collection, taking what one season is known for and altering a little bit so that it can fit in a completely different time of the year.
>>
>>8557119

truly impressive
>>
>>8557245
fuck this is cool, anyone know if those sash things are detatchable
>>
>>8557437
>>8557515
So that what was the qt asian was wearing on her head the other day.
>>
>>8557643
You're in the wrong place squirt, the big kids are playing.
>>
>>8557788
I would assume at the very least they can be pushed up and over the head, but more the likely it's velcro or a zipper or something of the like on the back.
>>
>>8557119
>I don't see how drkshdw isn't selling out but silent is
How are you this retarded?
>>
>>8558274
Please I would love to know.
>>
>>8557422
>>8557119
>>8554953
>>8554859

lmao take ur pseudo intellectual bs somewhere else kid
>>
>>8558285
Most of those posts are well put and informative to people interested in what he was responding to.
>>
>stephan schneider fans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKYkDwzi-FI
>>
embrressing thread thnks a lot for ruining my night
Thread posts: 129
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.