[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girl here, want to wear more cyberpunk/techwear/kHACKi menswear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 10

File: shshsh.jpg (54KB, 400x600px)
shshsh.jpg
54KB, 400x600px
Girl here, want to wear more cyberpunk/techwear/kHACKi menswear shit, without looking like a dyke. What are some more feminine pieces I could throw in fits like these without infantilizing them?
>>
>>8487918
I think a lot of what makes a successful outfit fitting in this aesthetic is otherwise basic pieces augmented by feature pieces that have prominent hard angles incorporated into their design. Because it's such an over the top style, it's really easy to go overboard with it so be careful!
A lot of outfits that I like in this style have a lot of shared elements such as: two to three colour pallet, usually muted colors (olive, drab, slate, grey, black), a silhouette that typically tapers from the neck, widest at the thighs, and again tapered at the ankle, (think oval or rhombus). Not sure if that helps at all, just my thoughts!

If you're looking for more functional pieces that are a bit more contemporary, arc'teryx as well as aether have a number of options

Btw, acrnm does make a female version of the s-cp2 and ss-cp2
>>
File: arc-tryex.png (1MB, 853x1280px)
arc-tryex.png
1MB, 853x1280px
dumping a few more fem-inspo photos
>>
File: asdfasd.jpg (94KB, 954x666px)
asdfasd.jpg
94KB, 954x666px
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>8488081
Ultimate cosy
>>
>>8488081
its just a pleb wearing a very oersized parka
>>
>>8488478

>perfect fit at shouders
>oversize

Ok
Gtfo
>>
>>8487918
Never go full ACR, every piece they make is a statement piece and like teku said it will come off as over the top. My reason for loving techwear is that it is so elegant and crisp but you still have a completely weather proof and functional fit. Always keep this in mind when wearing techwear. As for pieces very few designers make women's wear there is one I know makes some but the name is escaping me now. Really though you could probably size down unless you are tiny, and maybe get them tailored to fit you better.
>>
I like skirts. Any techwear skirts out there that don't look like utilikilts?
>>
>>8488855
Not that I know of, and obtaining techy materials like goretex is pretty difficult and even harder to work with. Maybe find some skirt you like and water proof it.
>>
File: DSC_0463.jpg (3MB, 3872x2592px)
DSC_0463.jpg
3MB, 3872x2592px
Recently copped this bomber for only $30.
I got it because it reminded me of that floral cyberpunk aesthetic from Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Only problem is that I'm getting into fashion late in the game, and I am not sure what sort of things I would pair it with.
>>
>>8489018
w2c
>>
File: 01.jpg (124KB, 400x600px)
01.jpg
124KB, 400x600px
I'll post a small-ish dump later, but I'm working on a mega-thread about techwear for female bodies and/or gendered persons. ETA unknown, but soon I think.

>>8488735
>every piece they make is a statement piece

No? People have this idea that Acronym is just a few of the crazier hardshells and the covers, which is so far from the truth.

Pic related is full Acronym except the shoes (of course), a wool turtleneck and cotton pants that aren't even cargos. A J25-SS over it will look like a normal hoody.

Most of the crazy stuff Acronym does is really subtle. Like no one is going to scream you're a ninja when if they get within a few paces of you and see there's a zippered pocket on your cuff.

Describe the designer you're thinking of. I probably know them.

>>8488855
http://ivajean.com/category/reveal-skirt/

Also, like the poster above suggested, you can make anything water resistant by treating it with a DWR. And most outdoor gear companies make civilian-y lines that include more normal looking skirts and dresses, and of course there's running skirts.

>>8488904

Gore is actually semi-easy to get ahold of in small quantities, and other WP/B membranes are very easy to get. Most outdoor fabric retailers have them. Working with them requires special equipment, though.

Schoeller's hard to track down.

>>8488036
And just to hit this fast

>Because it's such an over the top style, it's really easy to go overboard with it so be careful!

It doesn't have to be over the top, though, although I like that. It can be super minimal or straight grey human.

But don't be careful. What's the point of doing this without taking risks? What do you have to lose, that random strangers will think you're a weirdo?

Obviously calibrate your fit to your social context, that's basic, but if no one is going to ruin your life over their opinion of your clothes dare. It's more fun! And rewarding in the end.
>>
>>8489026
It was on final sale at a Buffalo David Bitton store here in Vancouver. I haven't been able to find it online yet.
>>
>>8487918
Also,

>kHACKi

Is this a proper noun I've missed? Sounds awesome.
>>
>>8489048
I just made it up, sry. Figured it got 'khaki console cowboy' across.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.