[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skin thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 54

File: 1498783423950.jpg (41KB, 800x441px) Image search: [Google]
1498783423950.jpg
41KB, 800x441px
Wiki:
Skin care basics: http://tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Skin-care_Basics
Acne treatment: http://tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Acne_Treatment

Skinacea Links:
Retinoids: http://www.skinacea.com/retinoids/retinoids.html
Sunscreen: http://www.skinacea.com/sunscreen/sunscreen.html
Ridding dark eye circles: http://www.skinacea.com/how-to/get-rid-of-dark-circles.html

/fa/ skincare FAQ:
http://pastebin.com/PArDyf2G

Contents:
- Basic routine, skincare guide, and products tips
- How to pop pimples, remove blackheads and whiteheads
- Why you shouldn't use ordinary soap on your face
- How to improve your skin tone through diet
- Studies on how diary and sugars create acne
- How your skin is affected by sleep, sun, skincare ingredients
>>
Just moved into a dorm and just relized that all the moisturizers I've brought are for my body. Is there any harm to use it for my face
>>
File: thayers unscented.jpg (168KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
thayers unscented.jpg
168KB, 1600x1600px
does /fa/ like to /thay/?
>>
Has anyone here used The Ordinary's niacinamide solution? It's supposed to help regulate sebum production, but I've been using it twice a day for about a week and my skin seems even more oily than usual. Advice?
>>
How good is sulfur soap?
>>
>>12678914
What else are you using?
>>
>>12678891
Putting aloe vera in a witch hazel solution is the dumbest shit in the world
>>
>>12679135
Cerave hydrating cleanser and aczone. I'm not using moisturizer, as my skin feels fine after using the serum. Not dry or even tight.
>>
>>12678891
I've got a bottle, it seems to soothe my skin but not much else. Will probably use it more once I get off Accutane.
>>
File: dickensons-toner.jpg (156KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
dickensons-toner.jpg
156KB, 1600x1600px
>>12678891
If you're on a budget this is a really good alternative. This is the one I use and it has never caused me problems.
>>
>>12679153
You could try blotting papers or a matte primer. Oily skin after using that serum isn't something I've heard of before.
>>
What's the best way to try and get my super oily face under control? It's to a point where I have to wipe my face down hourly with a damp towel. Not only does it look bad, but it feels disgusting, too. You can see all the grease coming out of the individual pores on my nose, and my forehead and temples are greasy and shiny. I currently just use Proactiv on my face to keep minor breakouts from happening.
>>
>>12679295
Find a gentle cleanser like cetaphil and a non comodegenic facial moisturizer like cetaphil. Kroger brand works fine too. Zinc supplementation does wonders for acne
>>
File: 81YPKot98TL._SL1500_.jpg (154KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81YPKot98TL._SL1500_.jpg
154KB, 1500x1500px
Im looking for something new to wash my face with in the shower. I currently use pic related, but i think it combined with the sponge i use makes my cheeks fairly dry and red. Is there any recommendations?
>>
Who else /dermatillomania/ here?
I swear I'd have such nice skin if it weren't for the inability to stop picking at this shit
>>
File: IMG_0754.jpg (1MB, 1336x1072px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0754.jpg
1MB, 1336x1072px
anybody know what these bumps on my nose are?
>>
>>12680117
You look like you could do with a good chemical exfoliation.
>>
>>12679483
Is the sponge meant for your face? Swap it out for a linen washcloth and use lukewarm water instead of hot. You could also try switching to a cream cleanser too.
>>
>>12680121
https://www.amazon.com/Stri-Dex-Medicated-Sensitive-90-Count-Boxes/dp/B000II57AW/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1502676575&sr=8-4&keywords=stridex+pads

like this?

I have sensitive skin and my nose / cheeks can get particularly red. So I'm worried the stridex max strength will just cause issues
>>
Any anons here used nucerity?
>>
>>12680149
You could patch test it first. Just, it looks like you've got a lot of congestion going on.
>>
>>12680163
thanks anon :)
>>
Anybody have experience with either of these?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EC60MYW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A09599961M0KSX12P4BJB&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OZE57XW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=AIO09UL45JLAJ&psc=1
>>
>skin was doing fine, got good combination down, everything was pretty clear
>Have a few tiny pimples starting to pop up
>Give in and pop them last night
>Wake up
>They are now disgusting whiteheads/cystic zits
Daily reminder not to pick you skin, be patient and let your products do the work. I just hope this shit clears up before I go to uni in 5 days.
>>
A friend recommended me tea tree oil for my acne and I've been using it for two days. Skin feels smoother for sure but is it a meme? Did I buy snake oil?
>>
Is coconut oil really that bad for your face? I know it's not recommended but I had no moisturizer left so I put it to use. Two days later, huge red pimple (one that hurts like hell, can't pop, either. Looks like a bug bite, or something, but of course it's not) and 4 whiteheads on the side of my nose. What the fuck?
>>
>>12682498
>putting literal oil on your skin
>get pimples
what did you learn??
>>
File: 811swoyZAhL._SY550_.jpg (37KB, 388x550px) Image search: [Google]
811swoyZAhL._SY550_.jpg
37KB, 388x550px
I know this might be a stupid question, but is this a toner,exfoliate, or both?
>>
so am I fine if I just use a Cetaphil daily gentle facial cleanser without all this other shit?
>>
>>12680149
just go to a steam room 2x per week. for 3 minutes. ull b clean.
>>
>>12681744
Because you popd them like a monkey. Use a very sharp tool to do so, like a needle. Pop them with precision then disinfect the area. Boom, no problems.
>>
can you guys rec me some skin whitening products?
>>
I started using a face wash with salicylic acid and my face broke out like fuck. Is this the 'purging' people are talking about?
>>
>>12683567
Bullshit senpai theres no purging in salicylic acid
>>
Where are all the tret fags? What do when face gets RASHES from tret?
>>
Anyone tried using a derma roller before? How'd it go?
I have a 0.5mm one that I received about a week ago but I'm a bit hesitant about actually using it for the first time.
>>
Any good skin products if my skin can get oily?
>>
why does my ass have stretch marks? the sides of my butt are covered in horizontal scars. I have some red ones right on top, too, so I'm actually getting new ones...
so strange

does anyone else have stretch marks in weird places?
>>
>>12684144
I have stretch marks too. On my ass and on my knees as well, funny thing is I was never obese. I think there are soap/lotion products available out there targeting stretchmarks. I already tried whitening soaps and even always moisturizing my ass, they didnt even out the marks
>>
>>12683819
D O N T. Try to get in contact with a dermatologist first
>>
Somebody give me a quick rundown on salicylic acid skin peels. Been doing the recommended skincare routine for a few months now and my moderate acne has barely gone down.
>>
>>12683819
You can give yourself scarring if you don't know how to dermaroll properly.
>>
File: schlick.png (496KB, 693x1000px) Image search: [Google]
schlick.png
496KB, 693x1000px
>>12684144
THICC
>>
>>12685000
My ass has actually been shrinking, oddly enough. They're horizontal stretch marks, so I guess they're from vertical growth?
>>
>>12678891
I prefer alcohol-free Humphrey's
>>
>>12678914
Just got this, Buffet + the rosehip oil in the mail today, excited to try them.
>>
>>12679153
>I'm not using moisturizer
There's likely your problem. The serum is good, but it's surprisingly drying and dryness can cause your skin to overproduce oils in an attempt to compensate. Try using a moisturizer over it.

>>12682887
Chemical exfoliator.

>>12683314
Kojic acid + sunscreen everyday.
>>
>>12679483
That actually isn't a bad budget cleanser, though I would upgrade to the Neutrogena Naturals purifying cleanser at the very least, if not CeraVe.

You probably wanna reconsider whatever kind of sponge you're using, or just forgo it altogether and use an occasional lactic/glycolic peel for exfoliation.
>>
>>12680142
>>12685699
Im using a konjac sponge, which i think may be intended for the face. I shower in warm water, and I used to leave the cleanser on my face until the end of the shower when i rinse the conditioner out of my hair.

Maybe im just scrubbing too hard.
>>
>>12685659
>dryness can cause your skin to overproduce oils in an attempt to compensate
Kinda sounds like a myth 2bh, but I guess I can try it.
>>
what's the best way/product to get rid of rosacea? its only on my nose and my nose is also quite dry
>>
>>12678507
Yes, because the skin tissue on your body is far more oily and not as sensitive/thin as the layer of epidermis on your face. If your face is fine though, do it at your leisure. Try it on a day off to see whether it works normally/doesn't.
>>
File: clairsonic.jpg (36KB, 970x300px) Image search: [Google]
clairsonic.jpg
36KB, 970x300px
Is a facial spin brush a good investment?
I use saslicylic acid face wash + alcohol free toner + benzoyle peroxide cream + moisturizer and my skin is fucking shit. Is a Clairsonic worth $169? Is the brush thing just a meme?
>>
I stared using l'oreal products a few years ago because they helped and are more or less cheap.
In recent months I've developed some rash in particular spaces and I have no idea why. I treat it with eczema cream, it is probably some eczema anyway. That helps, but I was wondering if the l'oreal products were kinda the culprit.
So whats a good brand for all that shit? Biotherm? Are they worh the price?
>>
>>12678891
I use the rose version of this and it's nice and cooling in the summer
>>
Never fucked with skincare products until now and need opinions on planning my routine, I don't know shit aside from what I've read here pretty much

Before/In shower
>Oil Cleanser once a week
>Exfoliate twice a week
>Cleanser
Out of shower
>Astringent
>Stidex pads once a week
>Moisturizer
>Sunscreen
>>
some other basics is to understand your ingredients. its something I didn't do for most of my life and I would wonder why all the shit that I bought kept making my skin even worse.

look up comedogenic, irritation, skin type ratings on:

http://www.skincarisma.com/
http://cosdna.com/

and if you happen to have allergies which thankfully i don't have to deal with that shit, use:

https://www.skinsafeproducts.com/

yall can thank me later x0
>>
>>12687176
Bumping because I'm interested in opinions.
>>
Does smearing ice on ypur face actually do anything? Or is it just a myth that it helps especially with face oiliness?
>>
Anyone here had their facial hair lasered off? I'm considering getting it done because I straight up can't get a close shave anymore (I use a safety razor, make multiple passes and have always shaved against the grain but I can never get rid of the grey shadow) and my facial hair pattern looks like shit anyway (only really grows on neck, very bottom of chin and upper lip while being sparse everywhere else)
>>
>>12688923
D I O D E
>>
>>12688923
I don't recommend it. electrolysis is a much better option from what I understand. laser hair removal works best on leg and arm hair
>>
File: t249mx3.jpg (31KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
t249mx3.jpg
31KB, 960x960px
I have an awful acne scar problem and I want to get it fixed as soon as possible. Is laser treatment (pixel) the best option for getting it done the quickest?

>pic has similar scars to mine, except mine are larger

A skin care place recommended their VI Chemical Peel to me but I've heard some bad reviews regarding that peel
>>
>>12678503
Increasing retin a from .01% to .1%
Going to finally compound my niacinamide and vit c serum
Getting ready to my my 8% kojic acid lotion

Sun avoidance and sunblock too.
>>
>>12689449
Chemical peeling is harsh as fuck and sometimes people show allergic reactions to it.

I had laser myself like maybe nine years ago for some scars and it works decently. It's a little bit painful and you skin will be red for the rest of the day, though.
>>
Everytime my face gets wet and then dries I get tons of microflakes of dead skin on it, like a snake starting to shed. What does this mean

Might be relevant to know that I have sensitive skin on my hands and arms that sometimes gets active into eczema if I don't take care of it, it also becomes worse after contact with water just like my face so maybe it's all connected
>>
File: 1482672895841.jpg (31KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
1482672895841.jpg
31KB, 456x320px
>tfw even Differin didn't work for my acne
JUST
Time to get on accutane
>>
>>12689449
Use a toner with AHA (paulas choice or corsx) and Mizon snail ampoule. Worked wonders for my scars.
>>
>>12689576
I'll check that out. How long would it take before significant improvement is made using that?
>>
Does anyone have any experience with dark circles? I tried some cream and getting plenty of sleep but i still have them. Can anyone help please
>>
>>12684144
>>12684566
Vitamin E rich soap/products.
And anti stretch mark oil.
Works wonders.
>>
>>12690062
>And getting plenty of sleep
It works, but it's a long term thing.
Patience and discipline.
>>
How do I get rid of acne scars?
Also, what's the best way to get rid of blackheads/exfoliate?
>>
best is to do nothing for as long as you can. don't let even water touch your face. cold showers only for body. every few weeks wash face with water only. nothing you will ever buy will be as good at taking care of your skin as your natural oils. also will prevent sun damage if not in excess. all this only applies if you eat clean and move.
>>
File: Nasolabial-Folds-02-300x270.jpg (31KB, 300x270px) Image search: [Google]
Nasolabial-Folds-02-300x270.jpg
31KB, 300x270px
is there anyway to get rid of wrinkles around nose+mouth? i'm starting to get wrinkles like in the pic and i dont know how to lessen it. im considering surgery if thats all i can do depending on the cost and longevity of it. it makes my nose look worse and makes me look older
>>
>>12690730
microneedling
>>
>>12690734
Can I do it at home or do I book an appointment for it?
>>
Hey guys, quick question about skin tone.

I have a weird situation. Since I've moved South and get way more sun than I'm used to, I have gotten the farmers tan from hell. I've always tanned very easily, but this is a whole new level.

Normally I look like a white dude with a little tan, and when I would take my shirt off there would be a slightly noticeable difference in tone. Now I have Mexican looking forearms, neck, and face, while my legs and torso are pretty pale. I've never liked the tan look, and I've always tried to use sunscreen and the like.

Is there anyway to brighten my aforementioned body parts? I've gotten darker as times gone on and it's to the point where a Hispanic guy tried to talk to me in Spanish. I don't want to bleach or anything, but I'm considering it.

Any advice helps.
>>
Guys, if milk is bad for your acne, what can you say about cottage cheese, kefir, yogurts and other stuff?
>>
>>12690746
at home the deepest needles they sell is 1.0mm and even that depth is uncomfortable and painful without some sort of numbing cream. Estheticians can go up to 2.5mm in depth and if they're under a dermatologist supervision 3mm in depth
Microneedling isn't too expensive.You do need at least 3-6 sessions and results take months to really be noticed. It's a slow progress but really effective.
It can get expensive if you do vampire facials, which is microneedling and using your own plasma as a serum for your face. Those can run from $450+
>>
>>12690071
Greatly appreciated senpai
>>
>>12690746
you can do at it at home but take your time for research, at least 3 weeks at forums and reading studies through sci-hub to get a good overview
>>
>>12690750
sun avoidance and strong chemical peels
>>
>>12690721
Nice broscience faggot
>>
What's with the whole "religiously avoiding the sun" thing? Is it really that bad? I wanna take care of my skin but spending time under the sun during summer is inevitable when on vacation. I always put sunscreen on so that I won't burn but even then I still get a tan. I am worried now.
>>
File: weeb-cream.jpg (209KB, 753x1500px) Image search: [Google]
weeb-cream.jpg
209KB, 753x1500px
Has anyone had any experience with Japanese sun cream?

Trying to find one for every day use (eventhough the uk hardly has any sun)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BALO6X0/
>>
>>12690637
bumping
>>
>>12687176
It's just for advertising, they're not that great. Depending on your skin, even once in a while with the most gentle brush can be too much. I just exfoliate with a towel now and my face is fine.
>>
>>12690730
retin-A
>>
>>12691461
They're super popular on r/skinaddiction bc they don't have zinc oxide, and that's what makes people look ashy. They're sorta expensive but apparently worth it
>>
>>12691461
Im in love with BIORE
>>
>>12691800
Senpai, jap sunscreens are one of the cheapest for its quality. Here some really good ones
>for poorfags
Biore (forgot which product model is the most popular one but it has a blue container)
>for non poorfags
Shiseido Anessa

IIRC shiseido is also on the leading when it comes to creating a new product to combat hair loss
>>
How do get rid of cystic acne? Q_Q
>>
i have a lot of closed comedones and comedonal acne, so I got the Drunken Elephant TLC night serum. It has AHA and BHA for exfoliation. It says to use your regular skincare routine after you let it dry. If I used the serum, let it dry, and then used benzoyl peroxied+clindamyacin like usual, would than burn/irritate my skin?
>>
>>12691461

japanese hyaluronic acid + japanese sunscreen is my daily driver. 11/10 would recommend, even if its a touch expensive sometimes
>>
how to avoid getting wrinkles? I'm 20 yo and am really concerned about having wrinkles in 5 years from now
>>
>>12691918
Accutane is the only thing that works.
>>
>>12692508
Moisturizer and sunscreen
>>
>>12692519
My doctor wouldnt prescribe it to me because
>depression

but i have an appointment with a derm in october
>>
How do you guys keep a good compexion? I don't mean acne, I mean bumps and whiteheads and blackheads and whatnot.
>>
how to remove red spots that acne leaves? do i use ice???
>>
File: 20170817_170620.jpg (3MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
20170817_170620.jpg
3MB, 4128x3096px
Is there a way to make my skin more pale? I'm Hispanic and live in hot ass South Texas, if it matters. I know staying out of the sun is helpful, but what else can I do? Any creams or exfoliating methods I can use? I just want to go down a few tones, I've been mistaken for being Arab on here lol
>>
>>>/fit/42559092

is that shit any good? I've actually never heard of it before
>>
My computer desk is right in front of a window, do I need to worry about sunlight hitting me all day when the blinds are open?
>>
File: LEG.png (221KB, 537x849px) Image search: [Google]
LEG.png
221KB, 537x849px
How to fix legs?
>>
>>12694605
stop rolling around in the grass and letting insects have their way with you
>>
>>12693367
your skin tone is looking pretty good rn
>>
File: norelco_trimmer.jpg (13KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
norelco_trimmer.jpg
13KB, 475x475px
I use pic related to clean shave everyday, its not a super close shave but its easy and im lazy.
Should I bite the bullet and get a proper razor or does it not really matter
>>
File: forehead.jpg (392KB, 2320x1199px) Image search: [Google]
forehead.jpg
392KB, 2320x1199px
I had a breakout of spots around February and although I've treated them and they aren't as aggressive - they used to be more lumpy, but no whiteheads - I'm left with these. My forehead feels flat besides one spot I have but there's still redness and little dots. How do I go about treating these? I tried 2.5% benozyl peroxide acne medicine from neutrogena and the difference isn't that noticeable. I was also prescribed 5% benozyl peroxide from my doctor but again it didn't really change anything. I'm aware I could be drinking more water and I've tried doing that and it doesn't seem to help too much. I'm at the point now where I'm just accepting it's the end of puberty giving me one last kick - I'm 20, and started puberty pretty late at 14. Any help is appreciated, thanks
>>
>>12694605
Dermotillomania, Anon?
>>
20 yo male, every 2-3 months, for the past 4 years or so, a pimple comes up on my nose, strangest thing about it is that it switches sides constantly. anyhow, there's no way i can get rid of this thing with my current knowledge, i have decent skin, take care of it quite well, not acne riddled. I do have a couple spots on the sides of my face but those are likely from shaving like an idiot cause I'm constantly late. Anyhow, this fucking pimple popped back up on my nose, and it's been probably 2 weeks as it's been there. I've gotten annoyed with it and quite frankly a bit self conscious, I've tried many different natural "remedies" and none of them worked, of course. Even gave the aspirin mask a shot, but no cigar. It's a big red fuckoff pimple, has a bunch of pus filled spots in it, but they're not the core of it, they're just there. Anyone have any clue how to get rid of this thing? I look like a witch from a 90s cartoon and it's quite honestly getting ridiculous, I'm beginning to want to just burn the fucker off, it's guaranteed to leave a scar at this point anyways. Any help appreciated.
>>
File: 125.jpg (27KB, 495x346px) Image search: [Google]
125.jpg
27KB, 495x346px
My skin looks pretty fine, I exfoliate most days of the week and put on moisturiser at night a few days a week. the pores on my nose are still fairly blocked though. pic related, best I could do.

I don't go out in the sun that much (work full time in office) but if I'm doing extended activities outdoors in direct sunlight then i'll put sunscreen or at least moisturiser with sunscreen in it on

should I be doing anything else? want to keep my skin and facing looking healthy and youthful for as long as possible. obviously don't smoke, do drugs, mostly eat healthy, exercise, don't stress too much and keep alcohol consumption to a minimum.

am 23
>>
What's the best way to get rid of small pockets of acne? I currently get tiny but noticeable pimples on my forehead, nose and chin. I used to use a cleanser, exfoliators and moisturiser but now I just use a moisturiser. After I stopped this, I stopped getting pimples on my cheeks, on the side of my head, and my chin. But now everyday I get like 2 new pimples
I'm using the cetaphil moisturiser every morning only after a shower or bath.
Maybe something like spot-acne cleansing or something. Is there a specific product is should buy for that?
>>
>>12691461
Yes, I've recently bought this specific one. It's perfect honestly. It doesn't leave white residue, it's absorbed by the skin basically immediately, it doesn't make your skin shiny AT ALL and it didn't cause me to break out. It's great. This specific sun cream is not water proof though. Just saying. If you know you won't sweat I can 100% recommend it for day to day use.
>>
>>12687176
It's a meme. You do not want to use abrasives to exfoliate the face, ever. Chemical only.
>>
>>12695867
Can you rec me a good chemical exfoliate?
>>
>>12691461
why the fuck would you import nivea from japan?
how dense are you
>>
Is it true that wanking my erect, glistening member causes acne?
>>
>>12679127
dries your skin up really bad and smells like shit. I don't recommend using any kind of soap bars for your face, they are way too drying and I also don't notice that much improvement.
>>
>>12695949
nope but i heard letting me give it a little lick helps in reducing acne... ;)
>>
Are toners and exfoliants the same thing? I'm already using

>cleaner
>exfoliant (with salicylic acid)
>sunscreen
>moisturiser

Closing up my pores sounds good, but the FAQ lists toners and exfoliants together. I was thinking of using less exfoliant, as a bunch of sites say you shouldn't use it every day, and adding something like http://www.boots.com/simple-kind-to-skin-soothing-facial-toner-200ml-10005719.
>>
File: IMG_1567.jpg (2MB, 3088x2320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1567.jpg
2MB, 3088x2320px
I have extremely oily skin and can't seem to get it to clear up.
Any suggestions for darker skin tones if that makes a difference because I'm currently sharing products with my girlfriend who is pale as it gets.
>>
>>12696436
There are a few skin brands that cater to darker skintones and say inflammation is more of an issue.
>>
>>12696208
Toners are exfoliators are different.
>>
>>12696510
*and
>>
For a poorfag what are the best
>exfoliant
>cleanser
>astringent
> moisturizer w/ full spectrum sun block
>>
What's the difference between a toner and an astringent and which is better to use?
>>
>>12694731
I have the same and I don't see how you can have anything close to clean with that, use a razor.

>>12694740
Benzoyle Peroxide is usually great for that, have you tried DUAC? It's benzoyl peroxide + clindamycin topical, I was on Benzoyle Peroxide 5% before switching to 10%, then I went back to 5% but it wasn't great for breakouts, I found DUAC to be much more effective, quite expensive but you could give it a try, you don't need much of it anyway.

>>12695792
These are sebaceous filaments, it's perfectly normal and there are simply no way to "clean" the pores or even open/close them, if you to temporarily reduce their appearance you can do that 2 times a week before your daily skin routine: https://fiftyshadesofsnail.com/2015/03/28/how-to-shrink-pores-temporarily-plus-3-pore-myths/

>>12695849
Benzoyle Peroxide based gel (2.5% or 5% depending of where you live, you usually need a medical prescription to get 10% which is probably overkill for your case), or DUAC (benzoyl peroxide + clindamycin topical), avoid the sun, wear sunscreen, be careful of Benzoyle Peroxyde as it'll basically act as bleach on your clothes, see a dermatologist if it gets out of control.
>>
>>12696852
Haven't tried DUAC. I'll look into it, thanks
>>
I got sun burnt like a month ago, it was pretty bad. It's all healed up now, but my skin color's like slightly darker. How do I restore/brighten it?
>>
File: index.jpg (131KB, 1350x675px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
131KB, 1350x675px
>>12696852
Should i use both the gel and the wash, or one or the other
>>
File: 693626_xlarge_1.jpg (49KB, 675x675px) Image search: [Google]
693626_xlarge_1.jpg
49KB, 675x675px
>>12697401
There is also a stronger gel but i think i'd want to start on the 2.5% as that's what it says in the description.
>>
>>12696436
Hi anon. I recommend Vit C serum at 20% (be sure to not have it oxidize) and a sunblock with zinc oxide. I know being darker makes this seem silly but we can still get sun damage and dark marks!

Exfoliation is good too! I do it daily but that can be harsh on others, start out once or twice a week and go from there :)
>>
File: image.png (218KB, 421x490px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
218KB, 421x490px
Is this any good for acne treatment
>>
going to the store tomorrow to pick up skin care products in hopes of getting into a routine.

what should i look for?
>>
>>12682730
lots of oils are good for your face you mong
>>
>>12681773
tea tree is good for spot treating.
>>
File: 1470273519275.jpg (29KB, 499x500px) Image search: [Google]
1470273519275.jpg
29KB, 499x500px
Are Asian sunscreen really better than the stuff in the states? I heard a few things about them being better? Secondly how do I get less dried lips? Taking isotretinoin for my acne and my lips get really dry.
>>
>>12697403
That yes, start with 2.5%, if it's not enough and you have no problems handling it then go for 5% after a few weeks. Be careful to read and follow the instructions, get yourself a mild cleanser if you don't already have one, keeping your skin clean is almost as import as the treatment (also try not to touch your face). Benzoyle Peroxyde can dry your face quite a lot, you might want to get a moisturizing cream as well, like Cerave.
>>
>>12697684
Yes dramatically better. They have to reformulate in the US because their newer technology and active ingredients haven't been approved yet (mostly Japanese, Korean, Singaporean and Taiwanese brands)

https://youtu.be/P54pmGJ3yYY
>>
File: 480800_xlarge.jpg (121KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
480800_xlarge.jpg
121KB, 1000x1000px
>>12697714
Is pic related a good enough cleanser?
Do i put the peroxyde, cleanser, then moisturise?
Should i do this twice a day?

I think the cleansers i use give me pimples on the side of my head though, cause when it foams up it gets in my hair then i lay on it, drying out my skin
>>
File: gel_nettoyant_cleanance_400ml.png (90KB, 380x460px) Image search: [Google]
gel_nettoyant_cleanance_400ml.png
90KB, 380x460px
>>12697754
I personally use pic related and it's great for acne in my opinion, now I don't know about what you posted but I've read that in can dry and irritate some skins, I guess it depends of the skin, I don't have an opinion to give on that.

In order you want to use: cleanser, peroxyde (or whatever you use as acne gel) then moisturizer, use your acne gel once a day every evenings, clean your face twice a day (when waking up and right before using your acne gel in the evening), you can also moisturize twice a day if your skin gets dry or if you just feel like it (always after the acne gel in the evening though).
>>
I'm poo brown asian.

How to get my skin lighter PLZ???

thx
>>
File: IMG_0243.jpg (211KB, 900x973px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0243.jpg
211KB, 900x973px
HOW THE FUCK DO I GET RID OF BUMPS ON MY FOREHEAD THIS SHIT SUCKS
>>
>>12697944
Use BHA, stridex in the red box works really well, use it before going to bed aftter washing your face, after applying let it sit for 20 min
>>
>>12697939
lasers. Just search for skin lightening laser treatments. Very expensive but home remedies(ie skin lightening creams which only shows significant effect on already light skins, lemon juice etc etc) are always useless and shows very limited results when we talk something as drastic as melanin and shiet.
>>
>>12697939
own it
>>
I have one of those pimples that are just big and bumpy and I can't really pop it like other pimples. It's just red, bumpy and shiny what do I do??
>>
Hey guys, does any of you have experience with sebaceous cyst ?

I had a few on my face over the years and i had to go to a surgeon each time.

any products that i could use ?

Things i already tried :
>Castor oil
>Tea tree oil
>Palmarosa oil
>Tumeric
>Apple cider vinegar
>Clay
>>
File: 49.jpg (10KB, 288x306px) Image search: [Google]
49.jpg
10KB, 288x306px
My daily routine is

Mornings:
Cleanser
Sunscreen

Nights
Cleanser
Moisturizer

I have oily skin and look like I'm in my early 30s according to some people (mostly girls) I'm actually 25 and this bothers me a lot. I used tretinoin for about 3 months but ran out a couple of weeks ago. Is my routine enough to achieve younger looking skin or should I buy tretinoin again?
>>
File: Snapchat-140586152.jpg (266KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-140586152.jpg
266KB, 1080x1920px
I have this new scar under my eye, should i try to keep it or make it for away with aloe vera etc?
>>
>>12698966

looks good
>>
>>12695792
That's a weird fuckin nose.. no offense.
>>
File: IMG_1170.jpg (21KB, 600x347px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1170.jpg
21KB, 600x347px
>mfw in Korea been useing collégien and rice toner along with a green tea mosturizer
> mfw every bar I go to after ordering beer asks for my ID
>I'm 21 and look like I'm 14
>>
>>12697796
Thank you! Woke up with not a single new pimple. Been getting new ones everyday on my noes up until today!
>>
How to stop biting nails? any tips, advice, good products?
>>
File: acne.png (824KB, 764x666px) Image search: [Google]
acne.png
824KB, 764x666px
What can I do about this? I just started using tretinoin cream a week or two ago (every other day, as I found it made my skin kind of peel by irritating it) as well as Clearasil wipes. The tretinoin cream supposedly makes the acne look worse before it makes it look better, as its doing something with acne beneath the skin, but I just want to see if there's anything else I can do, perhaps with quicker results.
>>
>>12697732
Would it be wise to buy one overseas? Or is that even legal? Kinda want one now. Also I'm guessing UV filters block out both a and b?
>>
>>12699664
with that, its essentially waiting a month.
Retin-A (tretinoin) worked great on the cystic acne on my back, but took about a month to clear up.

I use epiduo and aczone for my face, took about a month as well to go from moderate acne to dead. I only have mild acne on my face with the combo once in a while.

I would recommend getting CeraVe AM and PM for moisturizing and a minimal, gentle facewash.
>>
Anyone have experience with comparing these two cleansers?

My face is usually very shiny and it never really bothered me until I recently went out to meet some friends and one of them asked me if I had ran there because I appeared to be sweaty.

The rest of my body is completely normal, but my face/neck go between being painfully dry and shiny (oily?). I've been using the foaming cleanser and I think it may be stripping my skin too much. I also for a long time took hot showers and I've been trying to tone down the temp to see if that does anything, as well as experimenting with taking only showers at night vs. night and morning.

If anyone has any input or a new cleanser suggestion I'd appreciate it, thanks
>>
>>12699682
Japanese and South Korean products from those nations are fine to order.
Will cost though.
>>12693367
Hi.

Zinc oxide sunblock. Glycolic Acid lotion daily. Kojic acid soap one a week. Korean Italy Towel.

Also AVOID THE FUCKING SUN or else you'll get even darker since those products increase sensitivity.
>>
>>12693367
stop wearing a gold chain, will make you look whiter
>>
>>12699416
You're welcome anon, be sure to keep a clean towel on your pillow (or a clean pillow case), it usually helps a lot with that kind of skin issue.
>>
I have a really weird issue with 0.50 tretinoin . I'm only using it for anti-wrinkles and as chem exfoliator. I keep getting itchiness and sometimes (like 2 out of 3 incidents) STRONG rashes, then my face would shed skin like crazy then feel like a baby's ass afterwards. I'm getting mixed messages. The other peole are saying that's part of the purging/"getting used to" period, the other is saying that's actually irritance and that I should stop. What is it really?
>inb4 just gib time
Yeah, when I first started, for 2 weeks straight there were no issues. I was sheding, but just a normal light shed and my face wasnt rashing or very itchy. Then I had to stop doing it for like a week, and when I came back, all these "side effects" started.

The affected areas are always my cheeks to jaw area. I also put some on my nose and forehead, but it's all clear there. Not even shedding or anything
>>
File: cry.jpg (21KB, 479x398px) Image search: [Google]
cry.jpg
21KB, 479x398px
>>12698669
pls respond
>>
>>12700279
Just suck it up, mate. That's how tretinoin works. Some people (like myself) have no reaction and some people do. If it gets really bad then decrease use frequency or try the 0.025 percentage.
>>
File: CeraVe_EyeRepairCream_v01.3.png (153KB, 454x625px) Image search: [Google]
CeraVe_EyeRepairCream_v01.3.png
153KB, 454x625px
Any good treatment recs for dark circles under eyes? This stuff, for example, didn't do anything at all for me. Yes I have a good sleep schedule, no I'm not anemic. I don't get seriously fatigued at all during the day, although around 3 PM I will start to get sleepy unless I had coffee around lunchtime.
I was looking at The Ordinary's caffeine solution, since it seems not to be just a glorified moisturizer.
>>
File: 30299393108.jpg (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
30299393108.jpg
9KB, 300x300px
For the longest time I haven't had too much of a skin problem. I had the occasional blackhead and zit, and my nose could always look better but I never had any sudden outbreaks.

Just recently I started using this probably 3x a week and now I am growing pimples like crazy. My nose has two small zits, my forehead is breaking out...the list goes on.

What do? Should I keep using this in hopes of reaching light at the end of the tunnel?
>>
>>12701300
You should try something else.
>>
>>12687024
Not a myth pal. any facialist/dermatologist will tell you the same thing
>>
>>12701411
Facialist :)
>>
File: 1502923858662.jpg (180KB, 1046x1566px) Image search: [Google]
1502923858662.jpg
180KB, 1046x1566px
How do I stop getting sunscreen in my eyes? I don't rub them but they still get on them and have to deal with it for a few hours?
>>
How to make scars more prominent?
Ive got one scar on each cheek and that shit would look sick as fuck if it was only more prominent.
>>
>>12699448
Stat rubbing your teeth under your nails but don't bite it or pick any off. If you make a little crack in your nail that's okay. But a big one you fail. It how I stopped like a month ago. Been doing it by whole life as well
>>
What's the best Australian moisturiser. Can't be thick and gluggy like cetaphil! Quick quick quick!!!
>>
File: self.jpg (71KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
self.jpg
71KB, 300x300px
How do i balance my hair length with skin care
>>
File: 15092910525.jpg (14KB, 432x576px) Image search: [Google]
15092910525.jpg
14KB, 432x576px
I have dark facial hair that shaving doesn't do the trick, so it's like I have permanent shadow. I've heard nair would work well, but how bad will it be on my skin?
>>
>>12700279
Keep your skin moisturized and sealed. 20min after Retin A moisturize followed by Vaseline or an butter.

STAY. AWAY. FROM. SUN. LIGHT. it only makes it worse.

But also your skin will adapt to it in time. See the peeling as exfoliation, it's lifting blemishes.
>>
How bad is it to drink on accutane? I've not drunk the last 6 months on it but I'm starting uni soon, I'm only on 30mg. Is alcohol just a complete no go?
>>
>>12702045
laser is your best bet. Why do you not want this? Makes a man looks manly. fucking traps seek help, reeeeeee.
>>
>>12702045
Jesus christ cut your hair emo faggot. I bet your name is Josh or something
>>
>>12702008
Jaw surgery
>>
>>12701941
Anyone??
>>
Anyway, does anyone know how to fix tiny little pocks of acne scars?? I have like 5 pimples on my cheeks, a couple on my chin and now they are scars. And it was all because of Stridex. How to fix? My routine of cleanser, toner & moisturiser has not fixed it!
>>
Hey guys, I wanna start taking care ( even more ) of my skin. Right now I'm just using a basic pH soap to wash it, and have a cream to apply on specific spots when I have a pimple.

My body skin is pretty dry ( and so are my lips ) but my face's is very oily, so should I get EVERY product that's in the FAQ ? From the cleanser to the UVA blocker ? Or should I pass on the moisturizer ?

Also I have alot of blackheads on my nose, will an exfoliator remove them ?

And what routine do you recommend for oily hair ? I'm trying to make mine grow but it's kinda thick and becomes oily really quickly, is no-shampoo a good idea ? I'm pretty lost there.

Hope y'all have a good day
>>
>>12702414
>so should I get EVERY product that's in the FAQ ?

You're usually fine with 1/2 cleansers (first oily one to remove sunscreen, second one with low pH), a moisturizer, then sunscreen. If you feel like it you can add an hydrating toner right before the moisturizer.

The very basics are: cleanser - moiturizer - sunscreen, some people even skips sunscreen which isn't a good idea in my opinion but oh well.

>Also I have alot of blackheads on my nose, will an exfoliator remove them ?
Probably not, these blackheads on your nose are probably not even blackheads but sebaceous filaments, learn about the difference, here is a good way to somehow hide them: https://fiftyshadesofsnail.com/2015/03/28/how-to-shrink-pores-temporarily-plus-3-pore-myths/

>>12702414
>it's kinda thick and becomes oily really quickly
How often do you wash your hair? What are you using? Reducing shampoo usage of even going nopoo for a while could solve the issue, it'll get very oily for a moment then maybe stabilize, just try it.
>>
I had terrible acne all throughout high school/sixth form.

I was on antiobiotics for a year and they began to work 4 months in but I had such anxiety buying it that I gave up on going to the pharmacist to buy it and I didn't know how to work with prescriptions etc.

At my first year of university I decided to instead use a mixture of witch hazel and Murad Oil Control Mattifier SPF 15 PA++

>It worked better than the antibiotics.

I still had a completely shit diet consisting of ready meals and pizza all throughout first year and it worked. My skin used to get super oily and murad + witch hazel worked wonders on that as it basically dried out my face (witch hazel) and then moistourised it (murad).

I've now just minor recurring ones and a two cystic zits remaining.

But it really did a lot of good. Shame I can't post a before/after I might soon after I return from holiday.
>>
>>12702512
cystic zits = the ones that are big but literally growing below my skin and can't be popped out.
>>
>>12702390
Bump
>>
File: IMG_20170824_013839.jpg (3MB, 3968x2976px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170824_013839.jpg
3MB, 3968x2976px
Can anyone tell me what these red marks are on my calf?
Appeared randomly 1 year ago. Didn't hurt or itch or anything just turned red and feel normal other than that. Grew a little bit bigger with time.
>>
>>12703573
tinea versicolor or ring worm. it's a fungus. go get anti fungal cream.
>>
>>12684144
my back and shoulders have them them, because i was an obese 13 year old, rest of them are around my crotch which the pubes cover
>>
>>12688284
pretty sure you should be using stuff like stridex and cleanser multiple times a day, not weekly. My skin is shit though so idk
>>
>>12690773
those are all the same shit, fuck the diet meme though.
>>
>>12703596
thanks
some pics when googling tinea versicolor look the same as what I have under my tits ;3
>>
>>12701941
I use a nivea products for moisturising and exfoliation though I'm a newfag to skincare so there could still be better shit on this god forsaken island
>>
File: IMG_20170824_161705.jpg (1MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170824_161705.jpg
1MB, 1944x2592px
bls help, can't seem to get rid of my shitty acne, tried BP for about 6 months and several other products but I kinda want to cure this shit without having to resort to pills.

Also I think one major component of why I might be stuck with it or relapsing constantly seems to be that I can't avoid touching my skin or picking at it. Are there any ways to fix this habit or methods to restrain myself?

Thanks lads
>>
>>12701941
>Can't be thick and gluggy like cetaphil!
Must be using the wrong Cetaphil. I love mine.
>>
>>12679483
>sponging your face
No wonder. Use you hands. Be sure to wash them with shampoo before though if you touched your body. You'll just get extra bacteria on your face. My face has cleared up a little bit more ever since I have done this.
>>
>>12691461
I live in the Netherlands. Why the fuck does Japan get this but we don't?
>>
>>12683314
Don't listen to the kojic acid guy. Kojic acid irritates the fuck out of your skin and isn't that effective. Get alpha arbutin. Highly effect, no side effects. But it from The Ordinary. Don't know any other products without pore clogging side ingredients. Also most other products with it are very expensive.
And sunscreen of course. That is always essential.
>>
>>12699912
Use La Roche Posay Effaclar Mat
>>
>>12704816
>but I kinda want to cure this shit without having to resort to pills.
Why? I used accutane when I was 20 and I get pissed off every time I remember I could have used it much earlier and enjoyed acne free teens. Go to a dermatologist and get accutane now. Don't be an idiot. And trust me, I tried MANY things before doing accutane. Making your acne milder and having to maintain it with high amounts of discipline, discipline acne free teens never have to show for their clear skin, is very frustrating and pointless.

ACCUTANE. NOW.
>>
>>12704606
That's pretty gross since that's a fungal infection but okay
>>
File: IMG_0272.jpg (133KB, 1016x851px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0272.jpg
133KB, 1016x851px
My daily routine.

Got complements on my skin after never getting them in my life about two months in.

Everything here is really lightweight and it's the bare minimum for getting in to skin care but I've noticed a difference for sure.
>>
>>12693367
ahh that nig gotem bushu face ahahaha
>>
>>12705013
Regulations
>>
what does /fa/ think of this moisturizer?
>>
>>12705039
Have any other oily-skinned anons had success with mattifying moisturizers? Any recs?
>>
>>12701133
Different anon here, but I have like the exact same question.

All the guys in my family have super dark wrinkles eyes, and mine are kinda shitty too. Kinda purplish and I can see a little of the veins.
>>
>>12683591
Stop and consult a doctor instead of /fa/gs
>>
>>12705013
cuz The Netherlands is irrevelant in world stage and shit obviously..go shout somehere how much great your pathetic land is at being liberal and open
>>
>>12680117
sebaceous filaments
>>
I will never have nice skin. I have tried everything I can afford. I should honestly just kill myself.
>>
does anyone know how long Benzol takes to work? Like how long should I be using it for before I see true results?
>>
>>12705035
Aloha arbutin is just a pre-hydroquinone you might as well get a 4% HQ rather than convert it via your skin and liver.

The fact is that HQ has to be cycled in and out every 3-4 months or else you risk skin damage. A low and pH stable Kojic acid can be used continually and it's effective. It's the standard of skin whitening in Japan and South Korea
>>
whats a good drugstore cleanser for dry skin?
>>
>>12708457
A few weeks usually, you start seeing results after 2-3 weeks most of the time, sometimes even before that, for some people BP can even give results over night but it's a 10-12 weeks treatment.
>>
File: IMG_20170826_102502.jpg (4MB, 4640x3480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170826_102502.jpg
4MB, 4640x3480px
Should human skin shed?
>>
is keto diet a meme?
>>
>>12709597
Didn't have much effect on my skin but it significantly improved my sleep schedule, and in general improved my mental health (i.e. work ethic, mood, alertness during day). Also cured my epilepsy.

t. 2 years Modified Atkins Diet
>>
>>12709353
yes, do NOT see a doctor
>>
>>12709751
interesting. did you find something else that improved your skin?
>>
>>12709833
I'm >>12679153, Aczone considerably reduced my acne, and the Cerave cleanser makes my skin feel much smoother than other cleansers.
However neither did much for post-acne red spots or my oily t-zone.
>>
What steps should I take to try and clear my bad back acne?
>>
>>12698669
yes use it forever only at night with high spf during the day. drink more water and quit smoking
>>
>>12702390
only a chemical peel can get rid of scars like that
>>
>>12710154
They are very small like can't really see them but if you look up close there are small purple bits.
>>
This fucking sucks, I have done fucking everything I could think of to fix my acne but nothing works. I quit fapping and drink like 7 bottles of water a day for fucks sake. Even if I do get rid of my acne the fucking red marks are going to be there for ages. Guess I'll be keeping my v-card for a while longer.

When do you grow out of acne? I am 18 and want to fucking neck it.
>>12702045
I like that look honestly. Don't cut your hair please, its the perfect length imo if you just keep it pushed a bit more back.
>>
>>12710820
Used to be like you, quit fapping, eating green, drinking water like elephant, nothing work so well. But when I turned 22, acne suddenly gone, all gone. Now I just get like 2 or 3 pimples a month.
>>
>>12710832
I fucking prey I can be as lucky. How is the pigmentation clearing up?
>>
File: upload.jpg (435KB, 800x767px) Image search: [Google]
upload.jpg
435KB, 800x767px
>>12710842
I currently using Drop of Youth products from The Body Shop to heal the acne scars, they work really good.

My advice here: Don't try to use many products in this time, it just make things worse, just using cleanser is good enough. Keep doing your no fap and drinking water, it will reduce the chances of getting acnes.

I know how you feel right now but nothing we can do about it, just hang in there, hard times will pass and good things will come :D
>>
>>12710842
>prey
Fucking just realised I did that. Embarrassing.
>>12710856
Is that you now? Your skin looks fucking clear as, I hope I can reach that. Should I quit my BP treatment? I will keep in mind those products for when I outgrow this acne.
Thanks.
>>
Tips for Razor bumps?
>>
>>12689449
use a peeler that you can use every day once or twice

also talk with your derm about antibiotics, despite all the memes it works.

and if you don't drink water you can only blame yourself
>>
>>12694740
for me benozyl peroxide was only a quick fix. It comes around.

start peeling and go out in the sun more. Now that it is geting colder I would reccomend that you drink much much more water.
>>
I have oily skin, any natural remedies I can try

does water work
>>
>skin is getting a lot of fine lines and creases due to dryness

can anyone recommend me a good soap to combat this? I think my current one is drying me out and removing skin elasticity
>>
>>12710820
>I quit fapping and drink like 7 bottles of water a day for fucks sake.
How about you start telling us your routine? What are you using for your acne? Be specific or we can't help you.

Also quitting fapping will not change anything to your acne, read the sticky.
>>
I need something against my skin on my neck after shaving. I already switched to an electric razor but its still a little bit red.

Any tips?
>>
>>12711035
>he thinks soap will help him
Not soap senpai
Youll need a regime
>>
File: 1503829743948.jpg (693KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
1503829743948.jpg
693KB, 1328x747px
>>12711098
Yeah youre right. I use pic related twice a day. Was on antibiotics for a bit but got scared and quit before any difference showed up. And I know quitting fapping wont do anything, you don't have to tell me that. Im fucking desperate is all. The only thing I won't do is hop on fucking meds.
>>
>>12711192
2.5% Benzoyle Peroxyde might not be enough, how long have you been using it? You may need to go for 5%, or even 10%, I suggest you see a dermatologist, you'll have a treatment for your type of acne and it'll save you a lot of time and hassle. Have you heard of DUAC? It's BP with clindamycin, an antibiotic.

>The only thing I won't do is hop on fucking meds.
Why is that? Doxycycline cas be extremely efficient to solve bad acne, see with your doctor.
>>
>>12711192
>The only thing I won't do is hop on fucking meds
Are you willing to get a prescription topical treatment from a dermatologist? If you're not, and your acne has been resistant to OTC treatments, the odds of you fixing your skin on your own are up a gorilla's ass.

A good dermatologist won't put you on an oral retinoid (Accutane) unless you look like an actual plague victim. You'll probably end up with topicals like Aczone or Retin-A like everyone else with the common sense to go to a doctor.
>>
File: _20170827_235526.jpg (4MB, 4047x3348px) Image search: [Google]
_20170827_235526.jpg
4MB, 4047x3348px
Why does the lord treat me like this. This is my pet hate. These disgusting horns that pop up. How do I prevent
>>
File: Open-Closures-Stitches2.jpg (52KB, 402x250px) Image search: [Google]
Open-Closures-Stitches2.jpg
52KB, 402x250px
How to fix
carpal tunnel surgery scar?
>>
>>12702045
is that your real hair ?
can you show a pic of your hair , and how did you achieve it , what do you say when you cut it .
>>
>>12701941
I've heard good things about this
https://www.australiangold.com/shop/spf/spf-45-and-above/botanical-spf-50-tinted-face

Never tried it myself though.
>>
my forehead is shiny af
i use a matifying and hydrating cream
forehead is even shinier after using it
what to do to stop it?
>>
I have scars like pic related basically all over my body (It's entirely my fault because I always picked my skin whenever I felt bumps, zits, blackheads or anything like that)
I haven't been touching my skin for a while. It takes basically years for these things to heal, but I'd like to speed up the process.
Is there anything that can help? Does anyone have this too?
>>
>>12712225
I had this problem for years, mattifying creams and everything didn't work.
Your face produces more and more oil. I started putting coconut oil on my face at night after washing it. In the morning, it would be fine. I think putting oil on your face makes the body produce less. It seems counterintuitive but it worked for me. Now I put coconut oil on in the mornings after washing my face, much less shiny than before, I only get slight shine in the late evenings now.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1503061414975.jpg (42KB, 540x617px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1503061414975.jpg
42KB, 540x617px
Don't know if it's the right thread but
How do you make hair disappear from your face. I've been using Minoxidil for beard gainz but some of these gainz appeared under my eyes and my eyebrows are thicker than before.
I heard that plucking them often would work but do you have any other suggestions?
>>
File: 1488433530081.jpg (318KB, 633x945px) Image search: [Google]
1488433530081.jpg
318KB, 633x945px
>>12678503
How do I remove tan?
My skin has been dry and dark ever since enlistment. I have a week of leave coming soon and I want to do something about my skin then.
>>
>>12713361
Hey FYI no matter any suggestion anyone give you you'll have to use a zinc oxide SPF and practice sun avoidance so if you can't do it the tan will remain to some degree.

Anyways exfoliate.
>>
>>12682498
Its comedogenic and it has high oleic acid content. Avoid putting it on your body like the plague. Go for hemp oil instead.
>>
Best way to get rid of stubborn bacne/chest acne as well as keratosis?

I used to take minocycline, and that seemed to help somewhat, but never fully made it go away. It's pretty mild, but still annoying since I wish I could have clear skin everywhere else.
>>
File: Fabulous_Face_Cleanser_100ml_1.png (520KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Fabulous_Face_Cleanser_100ml_1.png
520KB, 1000x1000px
>>12679483
Either this or tom fords purifying facial cleanser. Two of my favorites.
>>
>>12709353
see a fucking doctor/derm asap.
>>
File: IMG_2268.jpg (33KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2268.jpg
33KB, 720x960px
Why does my nose get like this? The rest of my skin is very clear and only receives the occasional break-out, but my nose is oily, especially in the mornings. I use cleanser, toner and moisturizer daily.
>>
>>12714043
Already been asked either white or blackheads
>>
>>12714043
Sebaceous filaments, they're normal part of your skin, this might help you: https://fiftyshadesofsnail.com/2015/03/28/how-to-shrink-pores-temporarily-plus-3-pore-myths/

>>12714064
They are NOT blackheads, don't try to extract them like you would with blackheads, you'll regret it.
>>
>>12714068
Wow, that was by far the best guide to sebaceous filaments I've encountered. Thank you a ton, I'll be sure to try it out! :-)
>>
>>12679295
stop washing your face as much, bear with the oily feel for a month until oil production returns to normal
>>
>>12705039
This shit is no joke, first moisturizer I've tried that actually substantially reduced oil production on my t-ozne.
I wish I knew exactly why it works, so I can find something equally effective for a lower price.
>>
>>12698669
Pretty new to this but, no toner?
>>
File: IMG_20170829_215801.jpg (656KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170829_215801.jpg
656KB, 1920x1080px
Is this good for your face? I dont think it is desu, it was $3.
But I may as well try it. On my journey to find a good Australian moisturiser.
Its smells really nice though, but like a womanly smell. Oh well, then people will know i like good memes
>>
Is chemical peeling a good option for acne scars?
>>
Is it acceptable to use a face scrub to remove dead skin flakes that always appear on my face for seemingly no reason? Will a normal cleanser get rid of them?
>>
>>12678507
Depends on the moisturizers you've purchased. There are many great moisturizers marketed for the body that work well for the face at night. Important things to look for in the ingredients list are potential irritants such as fragrance, fruit extracts, alcohol, etc. For example, Vanicare and Cerave cream are great options for nightly use! You'll probably want something that isn't so heavy for the daytime especially if you have combination or oily skin.
>>12678891
Witch hazel works really well for me, especially Thayers since it's alcohol free. I prefer the plain kind though.
>>12679127
What product are you looking at specifically? Sulfur is great for acne but a lot of soap bars contain ingredients that aren't.
>>12679295
It may be greasy because your skin has a compromised moisture barrier. What proactiv product are you using? Simply cleansing with a salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide cleanser and moisturizing on WET skin may work really well for you.
>>12679483
Vanicare gentle cleanser is really well tolerated.
>>12687176
No it isn't. Abrasive exfoliants such as scrubs should generally be avoided. If your skin is shit due to acne this product may further irritate your skin and drive inflammation. Trust me, you do not need to pay out the ass for acne free skin. What products are you using specifically and in what combination in the day/night? Your acne may be too much for just these alone. Have you considered Differin? You can use it in combination with benzoyl peroxide as a DIY Epiduo. This dermatologist provides wonderful info on Differin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF0Sw_wVqgs
>12687213
Do you live in the US? Try Vanicare gentle cleanser (cheaper than Cerave) or Cerave hydrating cleanser and apply moisturizer while your skin is still wet (prevents transepidermal water loss).
>>12688284
Why do you exfoliate before/in the shower? If you're using a scrub, stop.
How do you use these products in the day vs night and in what order?
>>
>>12687213
>>
>>12687213
Oh shoot I keep responding incorrectly. Please refer to my response in >>12717266
>>
>>12689449
They should fade away with time. Until then, wear sunscreen like your life depends on it.
>>
>>12689503
You might not be exfoliating enough or your skin is dry af. Put moisturizer on wet skin to avoid transepidermal water loss.
>>12689531
How many weeks were you trying it out for?
>>
>>12713607
I had the same problem from working out. Apply Panoxyl in the shower and leave on for a bit before washing off.
>>
>>12680117
where did you took a picture of my nose
>>
>>12697944
u have probably folliculitis
use nizoral cream
>>
>>12716208
Yes
>>
anybody have success with lush products? or is it a meme for white tumblrite girls with money
>>
>>12717697
Honestly a meme unless you care for glitter baths.
>>
To anyone using adapalene gel - do you find that your skin gets intolerably dry and flaky? I'm trying to use cerave in conjunction, but it only seems to contribute to the acne the adapalene is fighting.
>>
>>12711395
Cut hair probably
>>
>>12717697
I've liked some of their shampoos and conditioners and am intrigued by their shaving creams but I wouldn't really drop the money they're asking on anything else.
>>
>>12712730
Tretinoin 0.025% would be the most effective thing
Don't even bother with higher strengths of tretinoin
>>
>>12698464
getting a small one cut out next week

I'm scared as fuck it will leave a scar and embarrassed that I have to walk around with stitches in my face for a few days.
>>
>>12678503
since I started having cold showers my skin has improved massively
>>
>>12718622
I want to get back into this shit but its fucking winter and when my balls recede they dont come back all day.
>>
>>12718630
I have no choice really since my water only does cold
but I live in a hot area so its not that big of a deal
still really sucks in the morning
>>
Testing out a diff approach to tretinoin. Last time/s, I rashed out badly 10 out of 10, and the steps I took were Double cleanse -> Tret -> Moisturizer. Now, I'm just going to do the first two steps out of distrust on some of my moisturizer's ingredients. I really dont want to give up on tret. I want to play that long term game 40 somethings looking like 20s did
>>
>>12718677
Also, ive gotten an advice that tret should only be done once a week. "No matter how many times you put tret, your face can only absorb so much and it will generally take 4-6 days of your initial application to penetrate to blah blah blah" seems like a nice idea considering I dont want to look like a rotting undead everyday for this
>>
>>12693367
are u familiar with sunscreen?
>>
PLEASE HELP I HAVE THE WORST FUCKING ECZEMA ON MY ARMS.

Where you fold your arms, the area where your forearm meets your bicep, I've had it since 13 and I'm 18 now and I still fucking get it.

My dick head derma gave me a steroid cream that actually works but bleached the area to a really light white colour when I'm a darker shade of white/tanned colour. It looks fucking weird.

So 3 things : 1) I think the itching makes the white more prominent as it breaks the skin barrier more?

2) How do I fix eczema for good? I'm so sick of it, it's in my family but my little brother whose 13 has already grown out of it and my older cousins both had it very badly but grew out of it and only extremely rarely like once every 2 years do they get it for a day or two. They are 24. I'm only 18.

3) How do I get rid of the white bleached area and make it go back to my normal skin pigment? It really affects my confidence desu I hate it. I don't use the steroid cream anymore, I've used it once in the last 2 months when I just couldn't bare the itching anymore but other than that I try not to use it.

I AM SO SICK OF ECZEMA FFS. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP. My derma doesn't help, he just gave me steroid cream which killed my arms and made the pigment bleach.
>>
>>12709808
lold hard
>>
PLEASE HELP I HAVE THE WORST FUCKING ECZEMA ON MY ARMS.

I recommend getting off this steroid cream. It's not good for you. Only use real mild all natural soap. Don't use hand sanitizer. Try homeopathic callendula ointment and petroleum 300 3x a day every other day. Really cheap and all natural solution plus no bleach.
>>
Mfw gonna be done with accutane in just over a month

Feels good man
>>
>>12683567
face wash with acid doesnt make much sense, you wash it off. Buy a serum
>>
>>12705013
Biodermal has good face sunscreens in NL
>>
>>12718842
What does callendula ointment do? And can I use vaseline for the petroleum 300 instead?
>>
Hmm I have lil bumps and sometimes they get itchy , what do?
>>
>>12718677
Update, yeah I was a dumb ass. By just doing double cleanse and tret, my rashes didnt appear. Some parts are itchy, but my face isnt bloated and red and uneven. It might be my skin getting used to tret also, but I highly believe it was also due to leaving out the moisturizer after tret then continuing it the next day
>>
Any men who've used nair to remove facial hair here? I struggle to get a decent shave and have been considering it.
>>
What does callendula ointment do? And can I use vaseline for the petroleum 300 instead?

Callendula ointment is a homeopathic remedy for eczema. Petroleum 200 is not a cream, it's a medicine. You can get it in liquid or pill (pissille) form. Most people take it three doses every other day until it starts to clear up.

If that doesn't work, you could try graphites 30 (homeopathic medicine). You can take it orally or if it's in a liquid form, use it on your skin.

They're all inexpensive. Remember, homeopathic medicine is not a fast fix, it's a cure. You might need to try a few different remedies to find what works for you.
>>
>>12711854
tattoo
>>
File: skin.jpg (112KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
skin.jpg
112KB, 720x1280px
Any specific tips for skincare products? Currently I just wash my face in the morning and night. Doing research on products to get atm. Any help/insight is appreciated anons
>>
Whats a good chemical peel for small acne scars?
>>
>>12720554
I live in Australia btw
>>
>>12705090
gonna copy this
>>
God why do I only get spots around my mouth??? I recently switched toothpaste to see if that helped but I doubt it will.
>>
>>12678503
How about acne scars? Something useful against those ?
>>
>>12687176
Yes
>>
>>12720534
bump, will these scars fade over time?
>>
Here is the guaranteed phresh skin guide
-drink 3l of water daily
-wash face twice a day (3 times if oily)
-put on bezyl peroxide if you have spots already
-don't get your beard cut by the barber, do it yourself
There you go
>>
Anyone have any advice for KPRF?
>>
>>12720534
>>12721919
Yes if you gentle exfoliate.Or use retinol with a prescription of a dermatologist.
>>
File: _20170901_180640.jpg (448KB, 2671x1348px) Image search: [Google]
_20170901_180640.jpg
448KB, 2671x1348px
So I'm using 2.5% beznyl peroxide on my face right now. But I get small pimples that turn into big scabs. Should I apply the peroxide on these scabs? I've been putting it on my forehead and nose which helps really well. But my chin is a no go what I do it

Morning --
Cleanser
Dabs of BP on my pimples and all over my forehead, nose and chin.
TheBigLifeCo goats milk moisturiser

Night--
Dabs of BP
same moisturiser.

Night---
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.