[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fragrance General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 35

File: git.jpg (160KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
git.jpg
160KB, 1200x800px
LAST THREAD >>12557593
---
BBC perfume documentary (part 1 of 3):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=annRzLYrRwM
---
general info
http://fragrance.org/intelligence/knowledge-center/
http://perfumesociety.org/discover-perfume/an-introduction/
---
various fragrance communities/review sites/blogs
http://www.fragrantica.com/
http://www.basenotes.net/
http://www.parfumo.net/
http://www.nstperfume.com/
http://www.boisdejasmin.com/
----
w2c samples
http://www.luckyscent.com/
http://www.decantshop.com/
http://www.theperfumedcourt.com/
http://www.surrendertochance.com/
http://www.perfumista.co.uk/
http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
http://www.perfumersapprentice.com/
>>
File: 1494567268423.png (4MB, 5560x3312px) Image search: [Google]
1494567268423.png
4MB, 5560x3312px
>>12571847
If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...
>>
Time for the age old question: which colognes attract women the best? I've heard women are attracted to "musky" smells and smells that are a bit sour/strong like lemon/garlic.
>>
>>12571887
just fuck off and buy a can of Axe if that's all you're interested in achieving
>>
File: original_CW.jpg (52KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
original_CW.jpg
52KB, 800x800px
Is this wearable by a man?
>>
>>12571890
Nah man girls can tell axe is cheap Indian tier shit, high class girls don't buy it
>>
File: guhedp100.jpg (66KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
guhedp100.jpg
66KB, 600x600px
Which frag do you wear to calm you down and not give a fuck, /fa/?

Pic related for me.
>>
>>12571887
bleu de chanel
dior sauvage
versace dylan blue
acqua di gio profumo
i think we should put these 4 frags in the OP
>>
>>12572064
>bleu de chanel
can this be worn during the summer?
>>
>>12571887
By far the most compliments i've got on fragrance was with Luna Rossa by Prada and Eau d'Issey. But i'm from eastern yuropoor and chicks are glad when you don't smell like beer and puke.
>>
I feel stupid for wanting to buy another fragrance despite having 2 already.

How do you guys justify buying multiple? Is it like clothes?
>>
>>12572203
You should have one for each occasion/season.
>>
>>12572136
i personally wont wear it during really hot summer days
>>
>>12572203
Yeah, pretty much.
>>
Is L'homme a safe buy for cooler weather? I worry it may not project much in the cold, but obviously it'll work well in a regulated environment at work regardless of season.
>>
>>12571887
Dab some of my cum behind your ears, that'll work faggot.
>>
>>12572307
Yes, it works super well due to the spices and ginger.

>>12571917
Virgin Island Water, definitely.
>>
File: what the fuck.png (157KB, 249x275px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck.png
157KB, 249x275px
>Catch a whiff of creed as manager walks by
>Ask him what fragrance he's wearing
>Becomes agitated, brushes it off with a "I don't know, I just grabbed one before I left jeez" which obviously wasn't true but I let it go
>Later get another very creed-ish whiff off him, ask if he's wearing aventus, to which he becomes agitated again and says "Oh, it's that...irish...whatever."
>Ask him if it's GIT and he shushes me up
>Pulls me aside later and says he was trying to keep me quiet about the fragrance because it's his "signature scent" and he "didn't want everyone in town wearing it"

Do YOU have anyone this delusional about their fragrance in your life, /fa/? Is it you?
>>
>>12572472
what do you mean by delusional, he just dont want other people to smell like him
>>
>>12572477
Assuming the poor projection even allowed for the people around us to smell it, the likelihood that one of the three totally disinterested people standing by us would go out and buy a 400 dollar niche fragrance because some employee blurted out the name is fucking infinitesimal. I think a lot of people, especially on this board, don't realize that. You can tell the name of your frag to everyone and fucking nobody will buy it or even look into it at all.
>>
>>12572501
he doesnt want his frag to be given a name is all. he just wants this frag to smell like him, and be identified as the smell of this guy, and not as a scent that is bottled with a name or something. also who knows, plebs arent interested by luxury products except blatant shit because they have no taste nor style so if theyre spoonfed who knows. i heard stories here of anons who got their signature frags stolen because they said what their frag was and it ruined it for them afterwards.
>>
>>12572509
Huh. I just figured that, like you said, plebs aren't interested in luxury products and we work in a pretty bad part of town so most of the customers are poor and couldn't afford it. I guess I never thought about the "identified as the smell of the guy, not a scent that is bottled with a name" part, which is very interesting and a sentiment I can appreciate. Still, surely people would be able to tell he's wearing something.

Just curious, what do YOU, personally, say when people ask what you're wearing?
>>
File: DDTyZZnUQAAYXfy.jpg (80KB, 840x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DDTyZZnUQAAYXfy.jpg
80KB, 840x1200px
It's not just about the smell, it's about the lifestyle.
>>
>>12572532
>Still, surely people would be able to tell he's wearing something.
yes but it would remain a mystery, adding to the intrigue
also people dont ask me what im wearing because i have yet to buy a bottle, i only have lots of samples
>>
>>12572542
what the fuck is that
>>
>>12572544
the new smart-casual fragrance
>>
>>12572545
>
exact sourcepls
>>
>>12572547
Hamish
>>
>>12572472
your manager has severe autism

it's not like everybody wants to spend $300 for some cologne anyway
>>
>>12572565
there only needs to be one single person who buys it to ruin it, is your signature cologne 1 million or what
>>
File: 1496559298726.jpg (54KB, 900x850px) Image search: [Google]
1496559298726.jpg
54KB, 900x850px
I wonder if this is any good.
>>
>>12572625
Probably smells like that smell/feeling you get in your nose when you cry and B.O.
>>
>>12572543
>Samplesperg detected, opinion disregarded.
>>
>>12572628
Redundant, then.
>>
>>12572573
I don't give a shit if someone else wears what I wear

besides who are you to talk about signatures when you don't even own a full bottle
>>
File: IMG_5185-1.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5185-1.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Dabbled in vintage recently for a perfume that my grandmother wore. Ended up getting two 15 ml bottles, one from the first batches 1962-1964 and another from 1965-1968. They came in their original retail packaging, one with a cord wrap. The top notes are still there surprisingly, even some bergamot. Makes me shake my head when people say to never go vintage cause the top notes will be completely gone or will smell off. I guess I might have been lucky that mine were well preserved?

I guess the point from this would be don't be afraid to explore vintage perfumes if you're looking for signature maybe, just make sure that they are well preserved.
>>
>>12572629
>someone has better tastes than me, opinion disregarded
>someone doesnt blindbuy random bottles, opinion disregarded
>>
>>12572669
>doesn't own any bottles
>has been interested in fragrances for a few months
>thinks he's an expert

Oh you.
>>
>>12572669
>someone doesn't buy any bottles because they're poor as fuck, opinion disregarded

ftfy
>>
>>12572677
>wasting money on bottles you wont wear so much

fuck off
>>
>>12572725
>wasting money on samples you never wear because of autistic desire to have a "scent library"
>not having enough money to not have to give a fuck if you waste some of it
>entirely missing the point of buying fragrances

Why do you even still come to these threads?
>>
Children, please. Behave.
>>
>>12572725
you are literally the most retarded person on 4chan

start tripping so I can filter you
>>
>>12572543
People don't ask you what you're wearing because your taste is probably god awful and you have a pencil neck and bad breath
>>
Please stop trying to revive samplesperg desu. We all know that he probably died a while ago snorting up a Tom Ford Tuscan Leather sample thinking that cocaine was used or something. Let him rest in peace desu.
>>
>>12571891
anything is wearable by anyone as long as they like it and feel confident wearing it. masculine/feminine in fragrance is entirely marketing and tradition, that's why most niche and higher end stuff is unisex, they don't care about specific marketing like that
>>
>>12571887
Have fun
http://www.basenotes.net/threads/212334-Which-scent-gets-you-the-most-female-compliments
>>
>>12571891
Yes
>>
>>12572203
i have more than 10 and continue buying more, and i'm still relatively new to the game. i just buy something if i really like it. i know some people that have collections hitting the triple digits, just look at some frag collection pics. if you want to get more into it and buy more fragrances, you should look into buying like 10ml decants from private sellers rather than getting full bottles all of the time, most of my more expensive frags are in 10ml decants and i'm not even close to running out (since i have several that i rotate). for example, i have 10ml decants of Xerjoff Naxos, Parfums de Marly Oajan which i got for like $30 each, and i have a 50ml of Tom Ford Soleil Blanc that i got for criminally cheap. 10ml might not look like much, but if you have lots of fragrances it doesn't run out fast at all. in addition, after 10ml you might find that you're not crazy about the frag anymore, then you don't have a full bottle lying around. absolute worst case scenario is you love it and really want more and wasted a little bit of money on the 10ml instead of buying a full bottle right away (although you typically don't spend much more per ml with decants than you do with full bottles).
>>12571887
collect your apocrine sweat and any puss that oozes from your body in a bottle, mix it and apply. guaranteed lady catcher.
>which colognes attract women the best?
which perfumes attract you the best so that the women wearing them can manipulate you into being attracted to them? what? there's more that goes into your perception of a woman than what perfume she's wearing? you don't fall for cheap tricks like that? you're an actual person and not an object to be won with games? wow that's strange, really flips my whole world upside down, i thought women could sleep with anyone they wanted if they just wore the right perfume
>>
>>12572472
GIT doesn't smell anything like aventus. that said, your manager has attained high-level autism, i haven't met anyone else even into fragrances much less that dumb about it
>>
>>12572629
samples are good, you should wear something at least several times before buying a bottle if it's a remotely expensive fragrance
>>
How many hours of longevity do you boys get out of Dylan Blue?
>>
>>12572203
Careful. It's a slippery slope to collector town... But I actually think of frags a lot like clothes. I wouldn't wear the same shirt over and over again, and same goes for a scent.
>>
>>12572984
They're more like shoes desu. You can wear the same scent for years as part of a rotation.
>>
>>12572738
Ill buy a bottle when I like a frag enough to spend a couple hundreds on, why is this so hard to understand? in the meantime I greatly enjoy my samples collection.

>>12572742
no, you are
>>
>>12572472
If anyone wanted to talk frags with me, I'd have to first suppress a squee, then happily answer any questions honestly. Some people have a very unrealistic idea of how many people know and wear fragrance.

>>12572509
>it ruined it for them
My point. Mental problems.
>>
>>12572650
Wow, congrats. I have a mini from the 80s that is glorious. Never got a vintage that wasn't. I think you have to seriously abuse a frag to damage it.
>>
>>12572981
Nothing wrong with samples, I buy samples too, you'd be dumb not to sample something expensive before you buy it. What's wrong is being an autistic sperg who obsessively hoards samples, doesn't actually own or wear fragrances, who just got into fragrances a couple months ago, then acting like you have superior taste to everyone else and trying to give other people (bad) advice.
>>
>>12572998
not really it's supposed to be unique like in the workplace

>>12573024
i wear my samples and i got into it recently because before then i didnt know perfume could smell not designery
>>
>>12573034
Wearing a drop of something once on your wrist is not "wearing fragrances".
>>
>>12573024
oh i see, that makes sense. how do you feel about decants then? i have 10mls of xerjoff, pdm, and tom ford, that way i get to wear them without shelling out big bux.
>>
>>12573055
Decants are cool. I have one of Creed VIW. Good way to get a frag you like but not enough to shell out for a full bottle.
>>
>>12573005
Yeah its great stuff. From the 60s-80s vintages not much was change except toxic stuff being removed in the late 70s and deer musk being removed between the late 80s-early 90s. For the majority of people that don't like it, they've tried the American Genesis version (early 2000s I think) with the golden shimmery box, or the 2015 relaunch from another American holdings company.
>>
File: pineapple-facts.jpg (58KB, 707x377px) Image search: [Google]
pineapple-facts.jpg
58KB, 707x377px
Got no replies last thread, so let's try again.
Want recommendations for pineapple dominant frags please, it's my absolute favorite note. I have
>Aventus- Creed
>California Sunrise- Al Muhib
>Pineapple vintage intense
>>
>>12573216
i mean the reason you didn't get any replies is because you have all the pineapple you could ever want, i can't imagine you'd need more.

that said, you could try pineapple demeter
>>
>>12573228
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check it out. I get that those are the popular ones. Perhaps I'm hoping someone will come thru with a niche or a n indie Etsy I've never heard of.
>>
>>12573216
How is Vintage Intense? I ordered a bottle because it's cheap now, hasn't come yet. I hear it's less pineapple-y than the original.
>>
>>12573297
Mine hasn't come in yet either, its been around a week now. Did we just get hustled anon pal?
I got it based on that it's heavier on a sweeter pineapple and lasts longer because of a higher iso e super concentration, all from reputable youtube small time reviewers.
>>
>>12573216
Pineapple is one of my favourite notes but it's criminally underused, I know your pain anon.
>>
>>12573306
When I ordered, it said 6-10 day dispatch. Dude probably has a ton of orders right now.
>>
>>12573321
Is it true they're just a rag tag team of fragrantica old timers who pooled their money together after being butthurt over Aventus's batch inconsistentcy?
>>
>>12573518
Dunno. Maybe. Pretty clear that it's just a couple of guys, though, so it makes sense that they'd be a little in the weeds shortly after releasing a new, relatively anticipated scent.

Either way, I'm looking forward to it. Plus, I have a bottle of Amouage Reflection coming probably on Tuesday, too, so I can enjoy that in the meantime.
>>
>>12572998
Right? It's a damn lonely hobby, in the blue moon you find someone else into them it's amazing. I actually wanted to talk with the manager about frags, but I have this feeling it's more of a status symbol/compensation than recreational to him. He drives a mercedes-benz and had hair surgery, etc.
>>
>>12572978
I only caught that super familiar ambergris base, it had already had plenty of time to dry down by that point in the day
>>
>>12573559
don't lump glorious german engineering in with compensating cucks pls
>>
>>12573591
It being high quality is exactly why it's so attractive to compensating people, though. Flashy, expensive cars are one of their hallmarks.
>>
>>12573216
Looks like bondfag is afk, so if I may also recommend:
The Scent of Peace for Him
and it's discontinued, but highly worth seeking out: Kouros Fraîcheur
>>
File: aventus.jpg (70KB, 300x449px) Image search: [Google]
aventus.jpg
70KB, 300x449px
Might take the plunge and buy memeventus. Has anyone ever bought it from fragrancenet? Any issues at all?
>>
>>12572982
projects like a beast for 2 hours, i say around 6 hours you can still get a whiff of it
>>
>>12573043
ok
>>
>>12573861
Yup. Because a girl giving you a quick peck on the cheek once is totally the same thing as fucking her.
>>
>>12573917
jeez nice analogy

i dab the liquid on my skin and I can see how it progresses on it, i cant really test the projection that way but it doesnt matter
>>
sauvage smells like urea mixed with black pepper
nasty
>>
IS there a difference between testers and retail versions in terms of shelf life, etc.? Same guy teetering on purchasing Aventus here, they have a 75ml for $211 and a 120ml tester for $36 more, which sounds fucking amazing but sort of skeezes me out due to lack of cap.
>>
>>12573924
Yeah, sorry, I guess you wouldn't understand a sex analogy.
>>
>>12573799
don't do it projects like piss. bought CDNIM and got a sample of aventus, CDNIM has better performance, i can smell aventus for 1 hour then its gone
>>
>>12573933
i mean make relevant analogies next time. if i dab on 8 different spots i think ill have a good enough feeling about it
>>
>>12573953
Dabbing something on in order to try it is not the same as wearing it. That's testing it, not wearing it.
>>
>>12573953
So you don't deny that you don't understand sex?
>>
>>12573953
at least buy some fucking atomizers off ebay if you insist on being this autistic
>>
>>12573968
Yeah, you understand you're probably not getting a proper read on the top notes if you're dabbing, right samplesperg? I mean, I'm sure you do know this, since you're an expert with like 3 months of experience u dear your belt, but I just figured I should remind you.
>>
>>12573957
okay then testing-trying who gives a shit

>>12573968
no
>>
>>12573986
literally when did i say im an expert. i just said my tastes are better than most which is true
>>
>>12573989
wait i dont even think i ever said that, but i believe it anyway
>>
Noticed you're still dodging that sex question...
>>
>>12573996
it's an assinine question
>>
>>12573986
i cant possibly miss the top notes that badly.
>>
>>12574006
Yeah, sure. Who needs one third of a fragrance's composition anyways?
>>
>>12574004
That sounds an awful lot like virgin talk to me.
>>
>>12574009
i said i cant possibly miss them as badly as you mean it.

>>12574011
how old are you
>>
>>12574012
Old enough... to party.
>>
>>12574017
me too but i dont. parties as they are commonly known are for losers
>>
>>12574020
So that's a yes on the virginity, then?
>>
So does Dylan blue perform as well as Eros? Thinking of getting a bottle this week
>>
Just bought the aventus tester, but I'm really going through a bit of a mini-crisis here. Will I still love this scent 1400+ sprays from now? Should I have bought multiple fragrances or even something else with the 245 spent on this instead? Is this expensive-ass hobby even worth it? It's all so conflicting and painful.

Is this the standard feeling for purchasing your first niche?
>>
>>12574038
>s this the standard feeling for purchasing your first niche?

Sounds like the standard feeling of someone who didn't sample.

Either way, if it's so niche you're not likely to smell on many among the general population.
>>
>>12574038
Aventus is fairly safe desu. Doesn't work on me so well because the sweetness and fruit notes get very muted on my skin, but it still smells pleasant enough. I prefer Millesime Imperial from Creed, personally, but you can't really go too wrong with Aventus. Even people who don't absolutely love it will probably like it.
>>
>>12574046
You know, I typed out a reply hemming and hawing over the fact that, despite loving the fragrance over all other fragrances I've worn, years of wearing it could get incredibly boring. A pretty obvious solution came to me though, keep some frags on rotation. Now I just have to figure out what the others will be, already have a few good ones. Feeling a lot better.
>>
why is everyone buying sauvage?
>>
>>12574062
Yeah, that's my big thing actually. I don't feel comfortable wearing frags most times because usually it's inappropriate or I'm with people that dislike them. What're some super safe frags like Aventus so I can rotate? Already have L'homme and I've been eyeing mugler cologne
>>
>>12574064
That's the key, really. Variety. Have 4 or 5 things (or more) you wear on rotation so you don't get tired of anything. If you do get tired of something, take a break from it for a while and come back to it in a month or two.

Welcome to the exciting world of niche fragrances! Enjoy being broke.
>>
>>12574067
Have you smelled it?
>>
>>12574068
Well, Creed Imperial, as I said before. Everyone seems to love that one on me, particularly women. It's sweet, but not too sweet, fresh, fruity, a little salty, and utterly inoffensive. Creed's best scent, in my opinion, though I'm sure others would disagree with me.

Amouage Reflection is pretty safe. Very clean, fresh, slightly sweet, floral, woody scent. Another one everyone seems to like.
>>
>>12574069
Thanks anon, I look forward to being penniless and smelling fantastic with you.

Got any suggestions for frags to put on rotation, niche or designer? Also, have you tried sunshine man? It's what I had my eye on next but I haven't tried yet
>>
>>12574070
yes, didn't think it was that good
>>
>>12574072
Nice! Thanks a ton. Did actually try MI, had sort of mixed feelings. Very odd, I disliked it at first but as it opened up it really did surprise me how much I started to enjoy it, there's a lot of that stupid-grin-inducing transformation in niche frags, huh? Haven't tried reflection man, I almost did due to its meme status but I've had bad experiences with powdery frags in the past so I avoided it. I'll check it out, though!
>>
the usual question time: what's a good perfume for a 22 yo manlet with a baby face? stuff like L'Homme or Bleu de Chanel feel like overcompensating because of how 'grown up' they smell, if that makes any sense to you
>>
>>12574082
I actually did get a sample of Sunshine a while back when I was on vacation in Amsterdam. It's not bad, but I didn't love it. It's a bit of a strange scent, it's boozy and a bit citrusy with heavy vanilla and tonka, and quite sweet. It'd be one I think some people might not like so much.

As far as Amouage go, the best ones in my opinion are Reflection, as the other dude said above, very clean, fresh scent. Picture hanging fresh, white linens outside on a sunny day in a garden full of white flowers, with a gentle breeze blowing. That's Reflection.

My other favorite is Jubilation. Very rich, spicy, incensey scent. It's a pretty formal scent, though. You need to be wearing a dark suit or something with it, really. Kind of limits where you can wear it. Definitely not an office or casual dating scent. It's more of a power scent, or something for like a wedding or something. Very, very opulent smelling.

If you want to go super high-end, Roja Dove Enigma/Creation-E is amazing. A tobacco scent that doesn't smell like a tobacco scent. Smells kind of like boozy, fizzy cola mixed with jasmine and vanilla, with a little s-iciness mixed in. Everyone will love it, but it's like 450.00 a bottle.
>>
>>12574096
Damn, sucks about sunshine man. Sounded like I'd enjoy it and it has arguably one of the coolest bottles ever made. Also, hearing reflection man described like you did cleared all my worries away, I'm definitely getting a sample. As neat as the last suggestions were, let's hope I don't get so far into this that THAT becomes my "reasonable" pricepoint

Thank you so much, anon! It was nice having a pleasant and informative conversation on here for once.
>>
>>12573931
They don't have special "tester juice." It's same as retail, except they just usually ship without retail packaging or caps.
>>
>>12574114
Sure thing. Headed to bed now, but I'm a regular lurker. If you have any questions, just ask.
>>
>>12574038
My bottle sits almost full since buying it in 2013. Loved it at first, but it's just not interesting enough to keep me coming back. I'm not you, however. As long as you gave it sufficient full wearings to make up your mind, you didn't do anything "wrong." It's a good fragrance, and one that won't lose value down the road.
>>
>>12573952
are u sure its not olfactory fatigue
I've never purchased it but aventus has lasted 8 hours easily from the times I've sprayed it at the store
>>
>>12574323
I don't get olfactory fatigue from any other fragrance, one of these things is not like the other
>>
>>12574092
Those aren't grown up they're just right for your age bracket, wear what you like and be confident.
>>
Anyone use scentbird? Worth it? The ads I see look normie chad as fuck and I'd hate to support it desu
>>
>>12574672
>The ads I see look normie chad as fuck and I'd hate to support it desu

If you don't mind getting a new fragrance every month then use it you dumb faggot. Grow up.
>>
>>12574685
No u
>>
>>12574118
I know. There IS one unfortunate thing, though, and that's that no testers were made before 2015, so I feel like I'll probably get a bad batch.
>>
I owe 1 cologne and that's Bleu de Chanel. I've had it for about a year now. What should I upgrade too? I want to get something Versace don't know why I just like the name Versace
>>
>>12574843
Versace is a good choice. They have a bunch of really solid fragrances. For a super uplifting, energizing fragrance, try Versace Pour Homme. For the one most similar to BdC, try Versace Dylan Blue, it's pretty good. For a more party/clubbing scent, try Versace Eros, though if you're wearing BdC you probably won't care about that one.
>>
>>12574860
I'm 23 btw. I don't want something for dads. Should I go for the Dylan blue?
>>
>>12574868
Yeah, Dylan Blue is young yet mature. It's hard to explain, very in the middle. You won't smell like a dad, though, that's for sure.
>>
you are so limiting yourself by exclusively looking for designer shit. im not sure if i should also blame those who give him designer recs or if i should spare them since the guy is a pleb anyway.
>>
>>12574914
Are you referring to the versace guy? He wanted versace, I told him about Versace.

>>12574843
If you're willing to try more expensive scents but still want mass appeal, try getting samples of creed and amouage from luckyscent. A few popular ones from creed are Aventus, Millesime Imperial, Virgin Island Water, Silver Mountain Water and Green Irish Tweed. A few popular Amouage are Reflection Man, Jubilation XXV and Memoir Man.
>>
>>12574926
>He wanted versace
whatever then
>>
>>12574914
Don't take it so serious man lmao I'm clearly not a cologne enthusiast so I just want something popular and from reading this thread it seems like Dylan blue is a well known cologne.
>>
>>12574935
yeah go for dylan blue then
>>
>>12574935
Yeah, if you want popular then try out Dior Sauvage, Invictus, Aventus, Ultra Male, etc.

For winter/fall, Spicebomb, Dolce and Gabbana The One, CH Men Prive, Pure Malt, etc.

Really, just go into a Macy's and try out stuff until you find one you like.
>>
>>12574952
>aventus
not really popular imo it's only known among the enthusiasts

i went into a ``specialised`` frag store and they had a bunch of creed, but no aventus. i asked if they had aventus and she said what?
>>
>>12574972
How the fuck can they carry Creed and no Aventus? It's by far Creed's best-selling scent. I mean, I know normies don't really know it, but normies aren't usually buying Creed in the first place.
>>
>>12574988
i dunno i thought it was fucked up too
>>
>>12574972
Wow, that's fucking bizarre.

Also, Aventus seeing less use than Dylan Blue, Sauvage, etc. is entirely price, women love it and you'll smell amazing with it on. It's insanely expensive, though.
>>
>>12574935
Pay no attention to Samplesperg. He's one of our local autists, he just gets triggered when anyone mentions designer frags. He also has no clue what he's talking about, as he's not much more experienced with frags as you are.

Versace makes some solid frags. I like Eros, myself, though some people aren't so big on it. Give it a try, you might like it a lot.
>>
File: 1497394697205.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1497394697205.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
I need a good niche for general fall wear

I got aventus for summer, reflection man for spring, and feve delicieuse for winter
>>
>>12574993
I mean, it's like opening a McDonalds and not having Big Macs.
>>
>>12574997
completely fallacious post
>>
>>12575002
Chill, dude. No one is impressed by your "superior taste". If you're good, I'll give you a vial of something that smells like burning rubber and Mongolian yak yogurt that you can go huff in a corner.
>>
File: __400x400-PU54d95_2_c.jpg (29KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
__400x400-PU54d95_2_c.jpg
29KB, 400x400px
What do y'all niggas fell about this?
>>
>>12575007
im not trying to impress anybody im just saying what smells like shit and what doesnt

of course it's more nuanced when youre serious with niche stuff but otherwise it's safe to say most designer mass appeal garbage is shit. i wish everybody had their own unique fragrance but cant have that
>>
>>12575028
I'm going to pay Thierry Mugler to go over to your house and crush your samples between his hulk-like hands one by one while you cry.
>>
>>12575038
ill have the last laugh because his frags are shit
>>
>>12575048
You should tell him that. I'm sure he'll be super upset to hear that an autist who makes minimum wage doesn't like his frags. He'll have to wipe his tears away with the millions of dollars he's made selling them.
>>
File: alien.jpg (279KB, 1024x805px) Image search: [Google]
alien.jpg
279KB, 1024x805px
>>12575038
I googled a pic to see these hulk hands and holy shit no wonder his most popular fragrance is called alien just look at this weird fucker
>>
>>12575059
He is an unusual specimen.
>>
>>12575057
maybe he actually will! he said he was borderline autistic when he was younger so i dont think thats something he'll refer to me as.
>>
>>12575028
do you ever go outside? you are literally always posting
>>
>>12575078
>you are literally always posting
it seems like it because the general is slow, but beside work i dont go outside so much. theres not much to see here
>>
>>12575080
imagine being this pathetic

slaving away at mcdicks all day and then coming home to huff samples and shitpost for the rest of the day
>>
>>12575087
im not pathetic, the world is pathetic
in any case it's only a summer job
>>
I got Dior Homme Intense last week. Really liking it.
But it has started to smell chemical-like this week. At least initially, for an hour or so. It becomes normal later on.
What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>12572650

Anon, no lie, £10K for it. Respond asap.
>>
>>12575128

Ok idk why you decided to pull out that figure for a trollpost but no thanks. Don't want this thread getting derailed, we already have the samplesperg drama fiasco. You can literally check Ebay once a week if you want it that badly. I wouldn't sell it for any amount fyi, even if you offered a realistic price.
>>
>>12575089
You can't be a real person. This has to be a troll. There is no way a real human being like this exists. I refuse to believe it.
>>
>>12574823
>I know
Then why did you ask?
>no testers were made before 2015
That does not sound true. Citation?
>>
>>12575127
Are you wearing it every day? Anosmia doesn't just occur over hours, it occurs over days and weeks too. If so, you might be getting anosmic to a certain note or accord, thus changing your perception of it. Or you might just be getting more familiar with it and noticing more about it.
>>
>>12575204
Does Anosmia explain why my L'eau D'issey seems to have the yuzu fade and all I smell is wood and spice after 20 minutes?
>>
>>12575219
It might if it used to last longer for you, and if you were either wearing it close to your nose or every day on the reg. But yuzu being a citrus is fleeting as most top notes are anyway.
>>
Is it me or have these threads gotten considerably worse in the last month or two?
>>
>>12575233
Yup. I wonder what could've happened in the last few months to cause this? Perhaps a new poster? A sperg of some sort? Possibly of the sample variety?
>>
>>12575204
how do i fix this?
start a rotation instead of one fragrance?
>>
>>12575155
;)
>>
File: geir34m.jpg (39KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
geir34m.jpg
39KB, 800x800px
Has anyone here tried this?
Would it be too much for a warm climate?
Is it too much florals or too feminine?
>>
>>12575240
blame the 40 posters who misunderstand me instead
>>
>>12575152
>wouldn't give away ancient granny perfume for 10k eurobux

I'd stomp out a bunny for that
>>
>>12575268
>Eurobux

Not anymore.
>>
>>12575280
>>12575268

LET US BE STRONG AND STABLE AS WE RUN THROUGH THESE FIELDS OF WHEAT!

also for pure political and fragrance banter, ITT we should ponder what fragrances previous Prime Ministers have worn.

My bet on Gordon Brown literally slapping on civet paste instead.
>>
Looking for a gift recommendation for my parents, who both enjoy fragrances.

My dad like Kouros, so I'm getting him that, but I don't know what my mom would like. She's an older Hispanic woman that likes wearing fragrances when going out for things that aren't errands. She likes gardening, specifically lilies.
>>
>>12575361
I dunno, man. Running through fields of wheat might be a little too crazy for me.
>>
>>12574914
what the fuck? designer fragrances are fine, and can be absolutely fantastic. the A*men flanker line, for example, is phenomenal. on the other hand, niche fragrances can smell like total shit as well, have you ever tried Bull's Blood? i mean my god IA i usually like you and have pride for my hometown but that fragrance is just awful. anyways, don't be such a pretentious prick you pretentious prick

t. someone who owns and wears Tom Fords, Xerjoffs and PdMs as well as Tommy Bahamas and Diors, because i'm not a stupid pretentious fuck
>>
>>12574998
try Memiors of a Trespasser and Cape Heartache. both lovely fragrances of the niche variety. if you want something more expensive, a TF private blend could be up your alley, something like Tobacco Vanille or Tuscan Leather. for something more affordable, Parfums de Marly is excellent. i own and wear PdM Oajan and am a huge fan, but it's not for everyone. Herod is a little bit of a clone of Tobacco Vanille but is very good on its own while being much cheaper
>>12575028
you're fucking stupid
>>12575089
pffffhahhahahahahaha this is too much my friend
>>
>>12575420
what's your budget? if your dad likes kouros then he's probably an 80s powerhouse kind of guy. Chanel Antaeus or Caron le 3eme Homme is a safe bet for those kind of monster scents. just go look up "80s powerhouse fragrances" and you'll come up with a whole list of fragrances with similar vibes to Kouros in that they typically have huge presence, are very masculine and use darker tones. for your mom, it depends on your price range. what does she already wear? if she likes lilies and you have lots of disposable income, Shanghai Lily is a simply heavenly fragrance, but it has a very high pricetag. there's a Rasasi that's supposedly very good but i haven't smelled it, Al Rehab Widgan. i would generally advise against gifting straight bottles though, because every nose is different and you can't know for sure if they'll like it unless they try it or you have a good sense of their taste in fragrance
>>12575260
haven't tried it but i've said it before and i'll say it again; gender doesn't exist in fragrance. some things are typically "feminine" or "masculine", but that's due to their marketing more than anything else. get a sample, smell it, the buy it if you like it. simple as that
>>12575262
do you understand how moronic this post is or are you just an idiot
>>12575127
anosmia, try not to wear 2 days in a row and it should help. it's also possible that you're just sniffing it too soon, which sours your nose to it for quite some time. wait at least 30 seconds before smelling a fragrance after application, i'm sensitive to the alcohol used in most perfumes so if i don't do that then i'll bork my nose for the entire opening
>>
>>12575483
Yup. I've got a bunch of Creeds, Amouage, a few Serge Lutens, a Xerjoff, a Roja Dove, got Zoologist Bat. Also have some Muglers, a Tommy Bahama, Nautical Voyage, hell, even a few of those 8.00 a bottle Cuba frags.

Whatever smells good, man. Different frags for different moods and occasions. Not everything needs to be super unique. Sometimes I want to smell like an Arabic man who was doused in yogurt and set on fire, sometimes I just want something fun, sweet, and energetic.

No need to be a prentious fuck about things.
>>
>>12575585

Shadilay / Vintage Britfag here, huge support for this post, its annoying when either side of the designer/niche debate get all elitist. It's like a breath of fresh air to hear this.
>>
>>12575585
>Zoologist Bat
zoologists are interesting, what's your opinion on bat? thought about trying it, maybe the Perfume House or Fumerie Parfumerie will carry some
>>
>>12575609
cover yourself in soil and eat a banana and you'll get the idea
>>
>>12575614
you're not a very good salesman
>>
>>12575627
i am if you want a panty dropper for pacific island natives
>>
>>12575635
hahaha now what would you be referring to here?
>>
>>12575639
bat
they go crazy for banana and fertile lands in papua new guinea
>>
>>12575609
That other dude wasn't me.

Bat is interesting. It is very earthy and dark, but it also has some very nice tropical fruit notes. I get banana, fig, coconut, maybe some papaya. There's also some musks and leather, and some sort of wet, green notes. It's not something you wear around other people, it's very unusual, but it absolutely captures that bat cave/jungle at night feeling.

Very unusual scent, definitely not for everyone, but very unique and original. I like it a lot, but it isn't something I wear that often.
>>
Anyone here have Guerlain Homme L'eau Boisee? How do you like it?
>>
>>12575653
What's the point if you don't want anyone else to smell it?
>>
>>12575609
Doesn't look like it. According to their site, there are only 3 stores in the U.S. that carry it. They do have them on luckyscent, though.

I'm in Toronto, and there are actually 2 stores here that carry them since the house is based here, so I got to try them all, including the new one, Dragonfly.
>>
>>12575674
You wear it for yourself. I find it very relaxing, so I like to wear it at home. You certainly could wear it when you go out, it doesn't smell bad, but people will definitely think you smell strange, at least for the first hour or so until it settles down a bit.
>>
>>12575693
no way am I gonna spend $200 on something that I can only wear if I'm not leaving the house that day

you do what you want but imo that's some dumb shit
>>
>>12575700
Well, I work from home so I don't really need to worry about wearing something safe. I also paid a lot less than 200.00 for it.
>>
>>12575700
if you just wanted to please other people, then you should just buy 10 bottles of BdC and call it a day. if you want to be a hobbyist, then you need to find things that you really enjoy, regardless of if it's everyone else's favorite or not
>>
>>12575687
nice, what's your take on them? favorites? you get zoologist, i get Imaginary Authors, since i live in Portland
>>
File: images (8).jpg (7KB, 265x190px) Image search: [Google]
images (8).jpg
7KB, 265x190px
ok I need a rec on a fragrance or fragrances and kind of strange why I am asking. I was doing some genealogy research and found out my dads family were French fur trappers in places like Kentucky. On my mom's side they were Russian military doctors for the tsar. Any scent that evokes that kind of those lifestyles romanticised or not? sorry if that is strange I would like to experience those lifestyles or project that aura. I totally removed from anything close to that. /his/ thread also
>>
>>12575745
Well, I like Bat. Civet was nice, surprisingly, I don't usually like animalic/musky scents, but I enjoyed Civet. Has a nice spicy sweetness to it. Hummingbird is a nice, fruity, floral scent. A little more feminine than some of the others.

I didn't care for Rhinoceros, way too harsh. Beaver wasn't my favorite either.

Dragonfly is nice. Aldehydic, floral, green scent with a little wood and slightly powdery. Might grab a bottle at some point.

The others I don't remember enough to give you an impression of either way. Didn't really stand out to me, but I don't remember hating them.

I'd recommend ordering a sampler from them. They're very generous with their samples and the full set is pretty reasonably priced.
>>
>>12575754
For your dad's side, Zoologist Beaver.
>>
>>12575791
quite curious about nightingale
>>
>>12575823
Yeah, I don't remember that one too well. I do recall it being rather feminine and very floral, and I'm usually not too huge on very floral scents.
>>
>>12575851
what florals were you detecting? i personally really like certain florals
>>
>>12575874
Well again, I don't remember it too well, but I seem to recall getting a lot of rose mixed with some other florals in the opening. If you look at the notes, there is a lot of floral there, so it makes sense.
>>
>>12571917
Bump.
>>
>>12571917
nothing because I don't care what I smell like when I'm watching tv in my underwear
>>
Does anyone else hate the term "cologne" now? It carries such a connotation of trashiness, I always wince whenever my friends use it to describe what I'm wearing.
>>
>>12576026
nah thats just the sperg coming out, i cringe too and i either use perfume or fragrance when discussing but if i'm talking about it with someone who has no idea about frags then i cant blame them for using the term cologne. cologne = mens fragrance, perfume = female fragrance, i dont think it carries much more weight than that to most people
>>
>>12576072
This. That's just how things are colloquially known. It does seem to be regional, though. In Europe, people just seem to refer to fragrances in general as "perfume", whether it's being worn by a man or a woman.
>>
>>12575534
everyone posts about me, therefore everyone destroys the thread
>>
>>12575493
dont call me stupid because you have shit taste
>>
>>12575754
there are no stupid requests in the fragrance general unless you ask for frags that will get you pussy/compliments etc
>>
>>12575483
designer frags are SHIT in general. very few are nice. of course not all niche frags are great, some even smelling terrible but at least theyre always interesting. thats the thing. unique and interesting, which designer frags often arent. I havent really smelled any designer stuff that was nice so far and i visited many pleb stores to try to prove myself wrong and give the retards here a chance. but no.
>>
>>12575655
Yep. Pretty nice I like the lime on the top then it has a nice sharp green smell afterwords. I keep reading reviews saying it's like tdh with lime. I don't like tdh smells like gojo hand cleaner to me.
>>
>>12576160
go back to basenotes and circle jerk with the niche snobs there.
>>
File: swagger.jpg (8KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
swagger.jpg
8KB, 320x287px
What are the notes in this? ARE there even any notes besides vague chemical scents?
>>
>>12576201
theres probably no general place to discuss, only shitty forum. until then no basenote
>>
Can we all please just make an agreement to just ignore Samplesperg? Let him sperg out about muh niche all he wants and just don't respond. He actually is kinda right that everyone attacking him all the time shits up threads, so let's just not. Let's just agree that he's the retarded kid in the corner trying to eat lego, and the less said about him the better.

Cool?
>>
>>12576223
The original Old Spice back in the day that everyone's dad used to wear back in the 70s and 80s (mine included) had notes.

The Old Spice and it's various flankers today are far removed from that. It's basically just chemicals and aerosol at this point. It doesn't even try to be a "fragrance" anymore, really, it's more of a hygiene product than anything.
>>
>>12574998
>>12572975
>>12573059
>/frag/ is full of people buying decants and samples of niches

so there is more than one "Samplesperg" among us.

If you can't afford the niche lifestyle, don't try to BS by buying 10 ml samples from those who can.
>>
>>12576271
IDK anon, you have to get samples to know which to get a full bottle of. I tried a shitload of scents before going for a full bottle of SMW, for example
>>
>>12576271
>being elitist about buying full bottles

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you: Bizarro Samplesperg.
>>
>>12576280
Absolutely. Buying an expensive bottle without sampling it first is fucking retarded.
>>
>>12576281
>>12576281
That's like me buying a $10 Amouge beer cozy because I can't afford their fragrances but want to own an Amouge product. It's the same thing.

And aren't you a Samplesperg because you own a ton of samples and decants with no intention of buying full bottles? Yet again the same thing.
>>
>>12576291
But most people on here don't sample and buy. They buy tons of samples, or even dish out for the decant.
Not the same thing dude. Be honest with yourself.
>>
>>12576026
>>12576072
>>12576093
It's just magazine/clip for a different crowd. Except I like guns too.
>>
>>12576291
Yeah, your greentext just implied it was bad people were buying samples. Looking back I misinterpreted pretty hard, whoops.
>>
>>12576293
Do I need to go get a pic of all my full niche bottles?

Sampling to obsessively hoard samples is fucking weird. Ordering a bunch of samples, deciding you like one or two of them enough to buy, then buying a bottle is absolutely prudent. Of course people are buying tons of samples, there might be dozens of scents they're interested in trying.

If you're just blind-buying tons of niche bottles, you're possibly even more of a retard than Samplesperg.
>>
>>12576252
I haven't paid him any attention since I realized he's not fully all there.
>>
>>12576304
No, that's exactly what that dude was implying. I'm not him. I'm agreeing with you that his assertion was stupid.
>>
>>12576293
i buy 10mls because i wear LITERALLY THE EXACT SAME FRAGRANCE without having to buy the full bottle. i typically don't use them so often, and if i end up using an entire 10ml i'll go buy a full bottle
>That's like me buying a $10 Amouge beer cozy because I can't afford their fragrances but want to own an Amouge product. It's the same thing.
in what retarded thinking is this remotely true. you know, you talk yourself up like you're loaded, but you seem far too retarded to make more than $20/hr
>>
File: MountainLion.jpg (76KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
MountainLion.jpg
76KB, 800x600px
>>12576271
>>12576293
>>12576295
>>12576311
>there is a correct way to enjoy fragrances
>>
>>12576293
No, it's like buying a small bottle of expensive cognac because you don't drink cognac that often and therefore buying a big bottle of it doesn't really make sense.
>>
>>12576296
i agree with you but the problem with that analogy is that clip and magazine refer to 2 very specific things. cologne is such a meaningless and watered down term in this day, even a real term like eau de cologne hardly refers to much anymore besides shit longevity. the lines get blurred even more with things like dior homme cologne, fahrenheit cologne, allure homme cologne, all of which are eau de toilettes. its just flavor text now
>>
>>12576311
No one obsessively hoards samples. What I'm saying is most of those ITT can't afford to buy niche despite raving about how good they are. The typical /fa/ frag head can't afford Amouge, Jubilation, or any of it. So they buy sample by sample. For example, typical /fa/ggot loves Jubilation XXV? Can't afford it so by little decants from decantshop.

It's hypocritical to criticize this "samplesperg" character when there are people just like him in all these generals, he basically separated the wheat from the chaff. They just manifest themselves differently, for example reccomending niche frags to beginners, which happens all the time.

I used to think that /frag/ had people who owned a few niche bottles, but that clearly isn't the case.

>>12576328
You'll just buy another 10 ml decant. Don't lie.
>>
>>12576340
While that is closer and basically fully right, a more apt example would be buying a small bottle of cumin instead of a big jar because you don't cook with cumin often.
>>
>>12576355
First off, Samplesperg absolutely does obsessively hoard samples. Second, we don't criticize him because he has tons of samples, we criticize him because he constantly shits up threads with his autism.

He insists that all niche frags are complete shit and for plebs and acts like he has better taste than everyone else, despite the fact that he came here asking for advice as a complete novice only a few months ago, and now acts like he knows better than the people he helped him. We don't attack him because he has a strange way of enjoying fragrances, we attacking him because he's a fucking asshole and an arrogant, pretentious little prick.
>>
As much as I hate to resort to plebbit, is /r/fragranceswap legit for the most part? What are the most reputable fragrance swap places?
>>
>reflection man is $390 in store

I can get it for 144 on fragrancenet. y/n?
>>
File: IMG_1516.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1516.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>12576355
>implying I don't own niche bottles

You can just fuck right off, sir.
>>
>>12576381
...Yes? Go for it. Have you worn it enough to solidly determine that it's THE scent for you?
>>
>>12576382
How IS bracken man? The official blurb makes it sound pretty mass-appealing
>>
>>12576381
They had it for 180.00 CAD for a 100ml bottle with a coupon code on fragrancebuy recently, but it's sold out now. Luckily, I ordered a bottle before it went, so I'm happy.
>>
>>12576366
The character you know him as is a troll. The essence of what he does (buy tons of decants) is real and common on /frag/.

>>12576371
Any Redditard can make an account and set up fake trades. They also have no feedback system so what do you think?
>>
>>12576391
It's nice. It's kind of like a twist on a spiced fougere. You have the classic fougere notes, geranium, cypress, bergamot, a heavy lavender note, with some fresh citrus, then kicked up with cinnamon and clove. Gives a real rainy day in the forest sort of vibe.
>>
>>12576384
How will I know if a scent is the one?
>>
>>12576401
An intense love for it that gets stronger, not weaker the more you wear it. Also, a feeling that the character of the fragrance represents you the best.

Honestly though, a strong, lasting love for the fragrance is enough to warrant the purchase of a bottle, and you definitely shouldn't take the concept of "signature scent" so far as to limit yourself to only one, or you WILL get bored of it eventually.
>>
>>12576271
lmao holy shit
``the niche lifestyle`` how fucking retarded are you, i cant believe you actually exist
>>
>>12576271
dude i first of all buy samples to try them to eventually find a signature frag or a bottle worthy of being bought

which secondly adds to my sample collection which I also very much appreciate

''niche lifestyle'' dude what the fuck, no such thing, either you like niche or not but niche isnt about wasting thousands on random bottles like a fucking pleb youre the kind to buy $600 tshirts with an obnoxious gucci logo on it just because it's gucci and not because you actually enjoy the design

retard
>>
File: IMG_1517.jpg (320KB, 1600x2154px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1517.jpg
320KB, 1600x2154px
>>12576271
>>12576431
>>
>>12576413
Thanks. That's a good way to think about it.
>>
wow we have come full circle, first samplesperg living it up on his 4 months of fragrances and now bottlesperg preaching from his ivory tower undoubtedly forged from full retail aventus 75 ml bottles and fake yeezys
what a thread
>>
>>12574602
Yeah youre full of bullshit. Are you telling us that your brain doesn't fulfill one of the most basic functions?
>>
>>12576787
I dunno, seems like a lot of people on here are missing one or more basic brain functions
>>
File: lemon.jpg (13KB, 226x150px) Image search: [Google]
lemon.jpg
13KB, 226x150px
>TFW waiting to use cold weather fragrances

Which ones are you most excited to use/use again, /fa/? Got a cheap bottle of pure malt at Marshall's early in the summer and it's just been sitting there, tempting me this whole time.
>>
>>12577170
I wear pure malt during the summer all the time, actually. As long as you don't go too heavy on it, it works just fine. It's really not actually all that heavy a scent. Definitely on the lighter end as gourmands go.
>>
Thoughts on prada l'homme? wearable for a 26 yo office worker normalfag ?
>>
Anyone tried Amouage Figment yet? Seems like it could be interesting.
>>
I really don't like 1 million based off a sample. Its too sweet.
Is 212 VIP a better alternative?
>>
Debating on which one I should get next. Pic related or Allure Homme Sport Extreme. I own the original Acqua de gio already also
>>
>>12577451
Dunno about 212 VIP but you could give Versace Eros a go. Has sort of a similar clubbing vibe, but it's not as sweet and more mature and sophisticated. Has a very nice combination of vanilla and mint, pretty fresh and not too sweet.
>>
Any good coconut scented fragances?
>>
>>12577452

AdG edp is one of my favourites for summer, the edp has a slightly more mature scent that the edt. However if you already own the edt then go buy Allure Homme Sport Extreme imo. Can't go wrong with either of these.
>>
>>12577493
Tom Ford Soleil Blanc and Creed Virgin Island Water.
>>
File: 1467142714256.jpg (49KB, 678x678px) Image search: [Google]
1467142714256.jpg
49KB, 678x678px
>>12576293
>he thinks perfume is a status symbol, not something to be enjoyed

hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaha

if you can't afford to blind buy private blend 250ml decanters then you don't even deserve to own a perfume desu
>>
>>12577613
This 2bh.

Every morning, I crack open a bottle of Haute Luxe and bathe myself in it.
>>
Man commonly referred to as ''Samplesperg'' here
In the town I work in there are bum hippies walking around and one of them I remember was in my school and hes got a personality
So he introduces me to his friends and then I say I must bid adieu but then I remember I have samples and he might be the kind of guy who could actually enjoy fragrances
So I invite him to my 2x2 meters room and show him a couple samples. He wants to try them on himself everytime he smells one but I suggest to him that he should only try one if he likes it enough because it's not a very good idea to try 2 frags at the same time. So eventually he wants to try Into The Void by Juliette has a Gun but he spills the whole thing on his arm by mistake. I say no worries and I give him the vial as a gift instead.

To conclude, it seems not everyone has such a high interest in the world of fragrances because he didn't seem to want to stay forever, unlike the likes of me who would stay until I smelled all the samples if I was to be shown how different niche stuff can be from what most people know. Last time I show my collection to anyone.
I know it seems extremely autistic to everyone, even to me, I regret doing that, but whatever I took those pills and I feel drowsy as hell and the hippie HQ was awkward as hell to me. I live in such a shithole and everything sucks god dammit. Also hes gonna smell like the void a whole lot. Whatever I'm gonna order 57 new samples anyway Ill buy a new one.
>>
>>12577844
well i cant say i regret it but whatever it was awkward a bit and I completely knew it would be, I still did it!
>>
>>12577844
>>12577859
stop breathing
>>
>>12577862
no fuck you
>>
>>12571891
My husband wears Bulgari "Man in Black" and I adore it on him. I believe it is the masculine version of this fragrance. I like it so much that I sometimes wear it myself. It is surprising to me how differently it smells on my skin than it does on him.
>>
>>12571887
Whenever my husband wears Amen he makes all the women at his work salivate. I think finding a gourmand you like with nice sallage would be your best bet.
>>
>>12575028
I believe that fragrance does smell different from one person to the next and that your body chemistry makes the scent your own. For example, I impulsively bought a bottle of hypnotic poison because it was the fragrance my mother always wore going out when I was little. I have this very nostalgic association with the scent and remember the way it smelled on her very vividly-- very sweet, almost edible. When I wear Hypnotic Poison I am chile pepper spicy.
>>
>>12577620
>Not using Aventus flacons instead of water on your slip n' slide

what are you even doing desu
>>
File: dior sauvage.jpg (116KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
dior sauvage.jpg
116KB, 900x900px
So I know Aventus, Dior Sauvage, Invictus, Dylan Blue, Allure Homme Sport, AdG Profumo, etc. are some of the most popular men's fragrances right now, but what are their female equivalents? Like, what are the most popular female fragrances right now that aren't trash-tier celebrity/20$ tier?
>>
>>12578157
aventus is not popular. you cant even find it in beauty departments.

it's only popular amongst enthusiasts
>>
>>12578157
flowerbomb, angel, alien to name a few. although "common" is a nonsense term in fragrance, as few people consistently wear any
>>
Been on a cheap binge recently... just bought the EDT version of dark temptation.. How much trouble am I in?
>>
how long will a 2ml spray last roughly?
>>
>>12578196
isn't that the axe fragrance? hey man if you like how it smells that's all that matters. not my cup of tea but you do you
>>12578197
depends on how much you spray/if it has an atomizer. my last 2ml lasted me ~4-5 wears, but it was a very strong perfume
>>
>>12578200
ya apparently they have EDT versions overseas been bored with collecting lately so wanted to switch it up and try some more obscure ones.
>>
>>12578139
>flacons
>not having a hose that sprays Aventus

My garden's not doing too well, but damn if it doesn't smell fantastic!
>>
>>12578197
Depends. An average sprayer puts out ~0.1ml/spray. An average "wearing" is 2-5 sprays, depending greatly on the juice. You can do the math from there.
>>
>>12578157
speaking of this shit, why does the atomizer spray so much? It's like a can of axe
>>
>>12578230
It's so you can meter out your sprays. Try spraying a half spray, it's possible to spray any amount with its atomizer, you aren't supposed to do a whole spray unless it's across your entire chest.
>>
>>12578196
buy This Is Not A Blue Bottle by Histoires de Parfums it smells almost exactly the same and it must last longer and project better and etc
>>
>>12578240
what about a full spray across your neck? that's what I've been doing, I hope I haven't been gassing people
>>
>>12578252
I usually do a really light tap on each side of my neck or a half spray on each shoulder/pec.

But yeah, 1 full spray of Sauvage = 2 for any other frag, so be careful. That's why people usually say it's a monster.
>>
File: florida water.jpg (82KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
florida water.jpg
82KB, 1080x1080px
Was meandering around CVS today and saw this for $3.84 in the weird hispanic section. Anyone ever tried it? I almost bought it but I'm stingy as fuck
>>
>>12578260
that's pretty annoying
>>
>>12578287
Not really, it's an excellent atomizer and really easy to control. Might take 1-2 times of trying to control it to get used to it, but it's way more useful than you think. If you're gonna be indoors, you want a super small spray or two, definitely less than a traditional atomizer would spray out.
>>
>>12578275
I blind bought it a few years ago and it's not unpleasant, but as a fan of Tabac, Clubman and the like, it's something I likely won't wear. It's very medicinal/clove-y.
>>
>>12578223
>>12578200
ty
>>
i can't decide between cdg black and wonderwood, they're both great

help
>>
>>12578341
I see more positive reactions to wonderwood, so I'd assume it's the fragrance that would appeal to the most people. If you like them equally, then actual wearability should be the only factor, and it seems like Wonderwood is more so.
>>
>>12578364
positive reactions from who? anons or random people on the street?
>>
>>12578380
Anons, though it seems to be more popular on communities like fragrantica, too.

Really, just think: Which one smells more mass-appealing? Which one doesn't smell like an old man?
>>
>>12578429
I take whatever fragrantica says with a grain of salt because they're just as autistic if not more than RYM. idk about the mass appeal part either, my sister said she liked black more than wonderwood

might just get both
>>
>>12578196
>>12578242
Bondfag here, can report that Scent of Peace fH layered with ILNY for All (black bottle) is a quality chocolate-pineapple blend in the vein of Dark Temptation. 2 sprays of each will last you literally 24 hours.
>>
>>12577620
If you ever get any for the record, one spray is enough. Two sprays are overpowering with the indolic Jasmine.
>>
File: cdni.jpg (7KB, 272x362px) Image search: [Google]
cdni.jpg
7KB, 272x362px
Just got CDNI, few minutes after the opening it smellt like lemon afterwards i got something woody I guess it's the birch/leather. This is supposed to be similar to "the king"? I dont really see how this is supposed to be a compliment monster like something as sauvage.
Also is it just my nose or is the performance really bad? I've seen reviews on fragrantica saying the same on february 17 batch. Like 2 hours after spraying I can hardly smell it unless i put my nose directly on my skin.
>>
File: 1490735240728.jpg (62KB, 539x960px) Image search: [Google]
1490735240728.jpg
62KB, 539x960px
Your best choice for very hot summer days?
I am between Polo blue, Acqua di gio and Terre D'Hermes.
>>
>>12579122
Sorry to hear you got memed. I try to warn anons about the CDNI but I get shouted down by the shills whenever I do and it's exhausting to always counter the just-like-Aventus-after-30-minutes hype.
>>
>>12579261
sorry your hard earned sheckles from your 200$ a week were wasted on a meme
>>
>>12579122
Spray 10 sprays out the window. Then wear 2-4 sprays next time youre gonna be around people and watch the compliments roll in
>>
>>12579066
That's peasant talk. I want flowers wilting as I walk by.
>>
Would you consider this a unisex scent?
>>
>>12579270
Thank you for making my point about the rabid CDNMI shills.
What possesses povertyfags to defend a mediocre Arab knockoff perfume with such misguided vigor?
>>
Is it possible to overcome a possible allergy/reaction to a fragrance? I like the smell of powdery notes, but orris and heliotrope go straight to my head!

I have no problem wearing Lou Lou by Cacharel (which has a very raspy powder note), but I have to apply L'Huere Bleue (which reminds me of my grandmother's powder puff and boxes of tangled/broken vintage costume jewelry) on the insides of my ankles to enjoy the fragrance without a head ache. I figure this might be a way to desensitize my nose-- slowly work my way up my body. Has anyone had any luck in this technique?
>>
File: DSC_1364.jpg (741KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1364.jpg
741KB, 1920x1080px
New thread:
>>12571847
>>12579526
>>
>>12579492

I actually make 120,xxx at 25 , money spent better on not memes
>>
>>12579122
>This is supposed to be similar to "the king"?
No. It's nothing like Kouros from what I understand.
>>
>>12578209
How does it perform? I like the smell of the Dark Temptation body wash.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.