[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, is there any GOOD way to repair a broken set of sunglasses?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

Guys, is there any GOOD way to repair a broken set of sunglasses? Is this something someone can do for you?

I've broken a pair with a plastic frame between the bridge and the lens.
>>
No just MacGyver it (I use medical tape) until you can get the frames replaced
>>
File: break.jpg (7KB, 276x131px) Image search: [Google]
break.jpg
7KB, 276x131px
>>10956738
Dang it. Looks like I'm in the market for new sunglasses then.
They broke like this, I'm not sure I could do much with tape.
>>
>>10956717
people want the best of both worlds

don't want to use tortise shell but bitch when their cheap plastic fuckery breaks

if you didn't outlaw tortise shell in 1976 you would have been able to mend your frames over a candle
>>
>>10956754
Yeah I understand
Assumed you were talking about prescription eyeglasses
Just bring them back to wherever you bought them if they're under warranty to see if they'll replace them
Otherwise just get new ones
>>
>>10956759
Can't you do that with raybans
Guy at sunglass hut said they use a high temp machine to mend sunglasses
>>
I showed it to a family member and they reckon it is metal. It looks like plastic to me but maybe there is hope.
>>
>>10956717
I had a pair of broken acetate glasses which was repaired by an optician, who remolded the plastic using acetone.

Unfortunately i had tried to MacGyver it myself, so they were kinda fucked anyway.

It obviously wont work with metal, though.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.