[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fa/ cocktails

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

File: cosmo.jpg (13KB, 400x474px) Image search: [Google]
cosmo.jpg
13KB, 400x474px
post /fa/ cocktails

>itt: cosmopolitan
>>
>>10929372
Daiquiris.

Rum lime and simple syrup
>>
Nordicolada

Vodka, Liqour 43, cream, hazelnut syrup, grenadine syrup and cream
>>
>>10929372
nonono
>>
>>10929372
For a middle age divorcee maybe
>>
>>10929372
Absinthe is the only true option.
>>
>>10929469
Fedora core. Hallucinations are bullshit and it taste like liquorice vomit.
>>
>>10929372

>cosmopolitan

wow good job starting the thread off wrong

also sazerac is a good drink, but I'd only order it at legit bartending places.

Easy to get everywhere is an amaretto sour, next a Gin Fizz/Tonic.

Martinis, lemon drop included

Oh and st. germain and champagne is refreshing.

>>10929469
>>10929505
I actually like the taste of absinthe, there are some great cocktails with a little of it.
>>
>>10929505
>I don't like what you like. Reeeeeee fedoracore reeee
>>
White Russian
It's bland yeah but I love coffee
>>
>>10929469
Had a blast with absinthe this weekend. Of course you're not going to trip but the buzz is welcome change from the usual mental smear of normal booze.
>>
File: IMG_2015_03_21_225503.jpg (45KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2015_03_21_225503.jpg
45KB, 720x960px
rum is fun in the bum.
>>
mezcal penicillin is my favorite
>>
I always just get a whisky soda because I'm boring like that.
>>
>>10929505
you don't hallucinate from modern day absinthe you idiot, unless you get some authentic (and highly illegal) absinthe made the way it originally was. Also it pairs good as fuck with creamy or savory tastes.
>>
>>10930447
nah, that's all bullshit too. there's no legitimate link between absinthe and hallucinations at all, even ' authentic' or 'proper' or whatever fuckin neckbeard term you wanna use absinthe.

absinthe was, and will always be, a strong anise spirit. nothing more nothing less

also it sucks. why drink that when you could be drinking blantons
>>
File: 20130113-164913.jpg (376KB, 968x1296px) Image search: [Google]
20130113-164913.jpg
376KB, 968x1296px
>>10930455
and i'm gonna follow this up with blantons.

not the most /fa/ design but by far the most /fa/ bourbon
>>
Espresso Martini
>>
>>10930455
This is accurate. The scientific papers on the topic are hilarious and end up basically saying "people were just drunk."

Also, yeah, it's overrated.

>>10929372
There's a place up in Baltimore that sells a cocktail called the Blade Runner that is unironically the best fucking thing in the world.

I forget where it is, though, and that pisses me off.
>>
Campari Soda for the Italian feel
Or an Americano.
Or a Negroni.
God, I love Campari.
>>
File: negroni master.jpg (6KB, 197x255px) Image search: [Google]
negroni master.jpg
6KB, 197x255px
>>10930498
How could you not?
>>
File: sq_glass_01.jpg (66KB, 710x591px) Image search: [Google]
sq_glass_01.jpg
66KB, 710x591px
>>10930494

do they serve it in the legit glass?
>>
>>10930653
I wish :(
>>
>>10930447
>>10930455
>>10930494
also theorized is that people were getting lead poisoning from drinking out of pewter cups, which lead to the hallucination from absinthe myth
>>
>>10930447
Wormwood alkaloids in an alcoholic solution act as a dissociative deliriant anyways, fyi if you wanna be effay you have to be knowledgeable about neurochemistry and drugs. go to taimapedia, erowid, bluelight, shroomery, and the psychonaut wikia for more info.
>>
>>10930494
http://www.diffordsguide.com/cocktails/recipe/555/blade-runner
>>
i literally only order jack+coke or an old fashion
>>
>>10930977

you must have just turned 21
>>
>tfw people think I'm gay because I drink cosmopolitan
Plebs
Also Jerry Thomas Martinez is pretty effay
>>
>>10931056

I actually hate that drinks have a gender stigma, BUT cosmos are pretty fucking gay dude.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxRzzm-mjCE

Japanese bartenders on youtube are /fa/
>>
white russian muthafucks
>>
>>10931310
I'm too scared to order them while out because of the milk, its more of a home cocktail for me
>>
G&T with Hendricks
>>
>>10930515
This nigga gets it.

Also g+t or vodka soda for classy basics
>>
>>10931314
>>10931310

I like white russians but if I order something creamy I feel like i have to keep it that way.

Or at least order it last.
>>
>>10931328
Pretty much my go to right there. What is the consensus on straight vodka though?
>>
southside, manhattan, negroni
>>
>>10929372
for guys in melbs, the cocktails at double happiness are great, it's got bubble tea with pomegranate vodka and one called the 8th route which has caraway, lime, birdseye chili and sichuan pepper
>>
Mixed drinks are not effay, you effete clown
>>
>>10930498
Try a Ferrari then.
It's fernet, and campari.
>>
I only drink Old Fashioned these days and if the bartender mentions Don Draper or Mad Men I never return to that bar.

If I'm not at a bar I just take whiskey straight.

All the cool kids seem to like anything with Fernette or Mezcal but both of those things taste like fucking garbage to me.
>>
>>10931437
Might check it out.
>>
Micheladas
Beer with Tabasco lemon and salt.
>>
Old fashioned, pony of decent bourbon, bitters, sugar cube, and a cherry.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1683x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1683x1200px
>2016
>drinking alcohol

psychedelic masterace
>>
Vodka tonic, vodka martini.
Only fa with good vodka ofc
>>
Usually drink

Long island
Mai thais
Mojito
7&7
>>
>>10932201
underage confirmed
>>
I just ask for a glass of gin

people give me weird looks, but its just a drinking man's martini
>>
>>10932201
Confirmed for most annoying subset of human
>>
>>10932201
I fuck with you. I need a plug
>>
>>10929372
Whiskey old fashioned with a mint

Screwdrivers all night

I normally take my liquor straight up so that's all I got besides like whiskey sours
>>
Why can't you people just be satisfied with a boring drink like gin and tonic?
>>
Drinking isn't effay, it's degeneracy, same with smoking and drugs , all Jew shit created for the sole purpose of destroying the white race for revenge on killing Christ and the holocaust
>>
Why did that guy completely lose his shit when I mentioned ouzo a few weeks ago
>>
>>10930403
Absinthe is normal booze. It's high proof (usually 135-160 proof) liquor. Nothing special about it.

That being said, I like absinthe a lot.
>>
>>10935026
Why would you order mint with an old fashioned?
>>
>>10935062
Because I like it?

The mint takes a lot of the bite out of the whiskey and I make my drinks strong

And it brings out some of the sharpness of the floral tints that the bitters give you imo
>>
>>10935040
Racism and conspiracies aren't effay. Also, you know shit about the bible.
>>
>>10935073
I've worked in cocktail bars for a long time, and that's a new one. Not that I'm knocking it. Enjoy your drink however you like it. It's just odd.
>>
>>10935088
Thx guy

Any good whiskey, gin, or rum drinks you got off the top of your head?

Like I said I normally take my liquor straight up but I'm trying to branch out ya dig?
>>
>>10935094
Dark and Stormy is a good place to start for rum. It's like a moscow mule with dark rum instead of vodka. I also really like a drink called the Old Cuban. It's a rum and mint cocktail with champagne. You might enjoy that one a lot.

Boulevardier for whiskey. It's like a negroni with whiskey.

So many gin drinks though. Aviation. Ramos Gin Fizz (they're a pain in the ass to make, but they're fucking delicious). French 75. The Martinez if you want something a little heavier.

Honorable mention to the Vesper (a much better James Bond cocktail than a damn vodka martini shaken).
>>
>>10935129
Thanks man, the boulevardier, old Cuban and French 75 all sound delicious
>>
>>10935129

Do you recommend the Aviation? I've wanted to try it for a while. I love gin, and bitter drinks like the Negroni. Do you think I'd enjoy it?
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.