That's it /fa/ just saw this. Cancer is terminal. I can't take it. I'm venting and then I'm leaving.
Anybody who actually wants to dress well I advise you to leave and go to literally any other fashion forum. Here's why
- The more and more frequent /fit/ intrusions which almost always last a couple days while the autists on this board scream about how being ana is "effay" not knowing they fell hard for a meme thinking they can just completely ignore their bodies and just not eat. Terrible.
- Every one of you fuck boys making entire threads for your insecure asses asking us to pick you a haircut because you have more confidence in a bunch of autistic strangers than yourself in choosing your style.
- Similarly when autists post a stock image of a clothing item with no context and ask if it's "effay" and whether they should buy it. The fuck? First of all anybody who makes those posts is retarded for thinking you can post one clothing item with no insight to your personal style and what look you're trying to cultivate and think someone can give quality feedback. Also anybody who responds to these dipshits is either trolling are twice as dumb as the OP.
- Facial aesthetics threads. Jesus Christ the level of insecurity and self hatred/pity you people show is disgusting. You partake in threads where you faun over handsome men and complain about how you have no chin or some shit and should kill yourself. That's your fucking face. It's part of you, more all intents and purposes when it comes to other peoples perceptions it might as well be you. Accept your face for fuck sake. You can't change it, live with it. It's not like you're gonna die alone because you have a couple acne scars and no chin. Just work on your goddamn personality for once and go be a fucking person in the world. Not all cute girls require fucking greek god faces to date them, just fucking talk to them. If you really are a piece of shit inside then deceive them.
- Skelle threads. Disgusting. You don't have to be a roided out bulge master to be in shape and you shouldn't control your weight purely through diet. Exercise is important faggots. Go jogging. Get outside. Get some sun. Do some pushups, squats, situps, and planks. The fact that so many seem to take the ana meme seriously is actually disconcerting.
- The circle jerking over how beards are gay or reddit tier or some shit. Holy shit. They're fucking beards. Some people think they look good with a beard, sometimes their wrong, sometimes their right. It's just a fucking beard. Fucking chill. I accept that some menenist, Dan Bilzerian mother fuckers are equally circle jerky about their dumbass face rugs and only have them to hide weak chins n shit. That being said whats wrong with a beard to hide a weak chin? Whatever, getting off point.
- Just fuck my shit up. If you wanna play a fucking gameboy, go for it you stupid fuck.
God damn. I used to love /fa/ there was at least some okay advice going on and people weren't posting literal memes in every thread. I'm glad I was around for some good periods because I cultivated my own style already. I come here to find good items that people post so I can check em out if I've missed them. But the sheer amount of shit on the board makes even something as simple as that hard to do. Peace out /fa/.
PS. Stop asking if smoking.your cigarettes are fashionable. Smoking is /fa/ theres no denying this. Your brand doesn't matter as long as they taste good.
Very poorly written - being dumb and angry is not /fa/. Leave and come back when you know the difference between their and they're.
Overall Rating: Autism/10 - you are getting mad and typing more than ever in your life over a cloak quality inspection board in a eastern Mongolian cement mixing blog.
There's always been tons of shit here, but /fa/ is just so goddamn boring now. There's zero passion for clothing here, just people who want to look cool so it will get them laid or make them not unsocial weirdos or whatever. Even then, the goal for "looking cool" is the most whitebread shit ever.
>Just kidding i have a little more left in me. I need to get this out so I know I won't come back.
- Threads discussing what kind of women it's /fa/ to like. Again, such fucking cancer. Fuck whatever turns you on.
Theres a constant and ongoing theme that embodies the cancer of /fa/. Y'all just can't accept who you are. The people making the cancerous threads are looking for validation of their particular style and will shit on people who have another style. Self-hatred revolving around body image and facial aesthetics.
Seriously you guys need to trust yourselves when getting clothes. Go to some fucking clothing stores and try stuff on instead of posting each individual t-shirt you want, waiting to see if the majority like it or not despite the fact that they don't know you or how you dress, then probably not buying it online and never thinking about it again. Come here for advice on cultivating your own personal style, stop shitting on other people for having different tastes than you, critique those who are making fundamentals mistakes, remember to excersize, eat healthy and be okay with your body, read books, learn an instrument, start the morning right, find someone you love, and stay golden Pony Boy.
Where else can we go? Is there a fashion board that isn't filed with shitposting and teenagers?
I mean there's no doubt that smoking is pretty disgusting and really bad for your general health and hygiene. That being said, it does look cool and is and probably will always be fashionable. That's the only reason people still start smoking these days. They know how stupid it is but they still want to look cool.
KEK you had me until the cigarettes op thats why you have terminal cancer dipshit hope being /fa/ was worth it... faggot
The cancer killing /fa/
>People with skeleton body types
>trust fund kiddies
>east coast residents aka losers
People not killing /fa/
>>east coast residents aka losers
The only true way to keep America great is to break California off and let it sail into the Pacific like a lifeboat comprised of delusional techies and filthy Mexicans
I found this picture on Google Images and I think it represents heaven (or schizophrenia, pick one)
I don't know why you fags are so racked up about smoking not being effay. It always has and always will. People who smoke know it's killing them, but they do it anyway since it's cool and keeps their appetites low.
U fucking joking m8? California is in a state of financial, demographic, environmental, and infrastructural ruin.
By economic and standard of living measurements, income effectivity, and crime, California is almost scraping the bottom.
why is california so awful? i've met so many people from this state who are the most entitled and image obsessed losers i've ever met. it doesn't matter what part of the state they're from.
The only bad people in California are people from the North, and a very small area in LA county.
honestly I think much like the other boards that have uninteresting, cliche or passe' threads
its just janitors, mods, some script
that just shitposts threads all day
for the day
that the golden era of the internet will return
where everyone created content
instead of being a content aggrigator.
t. bearded "/fit/"-fatguy
ana/thinspo is sexy af
I'm an oldfag, and I agree /fa/ is bad. However, there is nothing to be angry about. Don't like it? leave.
That outsiders bit at the end. I do agree with you though but I come here to look at see what people are up to but knowing what I wear suits me and makes me happy and others too.
Take it from someone who done a lot of different contributions to /fa/:
It's not healthy to take this board too seriously. If you're this affected by the state of the board, then you should browse less. /fa/ is not worth your time in that way.
Sounds to me like you need to unplug, man.
this, /fa/ is like the tim and eric awesome show version of vogue, you cant take this cespool seriously, if you really want to learn about fashion read fashion magazines, watch runway shows and experiment with actual clothes to develop a style, learning fashion form a taiwanese crayon drawings convent is just plain out retarded
good fucking going OP, thanks for saying it
/fa/ is a clear victim of going too far, do everything without going too far. Take care of your body, dress how you want, try not to let others judge you.
Don't fall for /fa/ memes like anorexia or the only way to dress is following the trends here. Come on guys.
PLEASE MAKE THIS STICKY
Seriously, why is /fa/ insecurity general? Every time you guys post inspiration, there's a great chance you love the look because they wear it with confidence and do what they like.
>writes that whole charade
>"Smoking is /fa/ theres no denying this."
entry level memester
vogue is fine i guess, i´m more into watcchinng the aactual runway shows tho
yeah it was, i dont know whhat happened tho, maybe a lot of streetwear influences fucked up, that whole fashion style is just reworked 90´s shit
street wear is fine IMO
it's just newfags came, saw the very few memey threads we did have, didn't have any capacity or willingness to partake in fashion discussions, so they just shitted up the board with the only thing they could... memes.
then the cycle repeats exponentially.
if there's any other female anons out there, i highly recommend the website Man Repeller. They have some good inspo and helpful articles for female fashion that's a little on the weirder side. Sometimes it's hard for girls to find fashion resources that aren't filled with twee bullshit.
yeah, its like the "muh edgy and secret mongolian pottery facebook group" vibe, tbqh 4chan is just the leftovers of actual talent and actual information, if we cherrypick the actual info and talent this would be better than most fashion editorials, but well, its just human nature to be retarded and try to destroy everything
i´m not saying streetwear is bad, is the pillar of the whole fashion industry, what is bad is how americans, as they have no actual cultural background, try to fit into something, in this case, streetwear, i´f i´m correct, last season was workwear, you can see that in the demographic survey, most memesters are from the US, i´m not saying that all ameriburgers are basic fuccbois but most of the just want to be draped in memes, also, most ofthe userbase here are teens and well, teens just try hard to fit into something
TL;DR kids and retarded ameriburgers are the actual cancer of this shithole
are you talking about all the dipshits who say shit about how POC can't be effay and only whites are attractive?
because those people are cancer as well in addition to OP's complaints.
i see. yes the people who see inspo and try and copy outfits without thought of context are ridiculous and stand out like a sore thumb IRL.
many ameriburgers have no sense of fashion. pretty much hopeless if living outside NY. Some Cali towns have good fashion culture but LA is full of gawdy, tacky bullshit unless you find a solid scene.
we are in agreement i think.
I don't like getting involved in these sorts of discussions, but consider the following points in addition:
- Eternal September is a problem every board faces. 4chan was once considered a threat to SA, etc. We didn't have ES problems with /fa/ when it began because it was new, not because it was somehow special. The same thing has happened to /fit/ over time. I remember when 4chan started and was a useful refuge from the unbearable over-moderation at SA that has only recently relaxed.
- /fa/ has always been a beautiful mess, even when it began. Arguments to the contrary - even my own - are probably using rose-colored glasses. Cooltop, Conan, etc. would regularly shit up the board around 2010.
- It is silly to expect people to follow many rules here, especially ones pertaining to behavior or subject matter. Part of the appeal of 4chan as compared to SA or PoE or whatever was the lack of rules and formality. Drive-by posters with stupid basic questions aren't ever going away. They didn't with /g/ and still haven't.
- Yes, we do have a demographic issue. Too many <21 year old kids with bad taste and bad personalities. They'll grow up, but the immediate result is bad decisions. Role models will help but not expedite the growing-up process. We were that bad at one point too, so we should probably cut them some slack.
- We also have an oldfag issue. Too many cliques of old posters pretending they are superior because they know more inane details about dying/dead fashion lines and esoteric foreign fashion magazines or whatever. Their attitude is almost worse than that of the juvenile posters. This is especially the case for those sitting on the Facebook group or the multitudinous Kik or Skype chats (I've tried both and found them unbearable. I've considered trying to get together some of the oldies to have fun/casual chats with, but fear I'd become the same way.)
- We all - myself included - should take this board less seriously.
youre not wrong but you really played yourself for getting so emotionally invested in the first place. this long angry op shows how much you still care.
does anyone want me to continue being ops armchair psychoanalyst?
I only still come here out of years of habit. Need to stop because it's such a waste of time now.
If you look at the face threads and WAYWT almost everyone on this board is a little shithead kid - it really brings everything into perspective. These are the guys dishing out most advice and criticism on this board and it's far too disconnected from the real world.
Wait. People actually take /fa/ seriously? I mean, I took /fa/ seriously only the first week I started coming here but then realize it's just full of poor bitter autists. Learned the basics and left, now I just come here for the inspo pics every one in a while.
Everyone here complains but no one makes useful threads. Every important fashion-related question I've asked has been answered thoroughly by someone clearly involved in the industry. If you hate shitposts, make good posts to cover them up.