[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What sort of products should I use to get rid of extremely dry,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

What sort of products should I use to get rid of extremely dry, frizzy hair?

I already tried nopoo, it made no difference that I could tell.

I use anti frizz leave in conditioner after showering, let it dry, then use some sort of pomade.

I have short-ish hair and just try to go for a basic combover, 2 on the back and sides.

So at the mo I'm trying pomade, because my hairs really dry and I feel like it needs something shiny, but it just ends up making my hair greasy, has no hold and it looks dry again an hour later.

Some stronger waxes hold it in place slightly, but they all seem to be 'matte' and my hair still looks like straw.

I don't know whether to try full on wet look gels or not or if these are only for spikey guido hairdos.

Also should I use hairspray at all?

pic related my hair is short but the texture looks pretty similar to what bruce has got going on, loads of split ends/frizz.
>>
Try washing your hair less.

This is what I do since I have long hair.

Shower one day with shampoo and conditioner.

Next day just rinse with water and putting more conditioner is optional.

Then the second day I strictly put conditioner.

Then Repeat
>>
>>10912750

I was washing once a day with nopoo, conditioning occasionally.

I couldn't really notice much of a difference

I feel with washing+anti frizz leave in conditioner its about as good as its going to get out of the shower but I feel I'm going more wrong with the wax/pomade/gel

Idk if pomade/matt wax is the right thing to go for or not
>>
>>10912727
coconut oil, end of thread
>>
>>10912773
You just gotta let your hair release some of it's natural oils.

>>10912778
coconut oil works really well.
>>
>>10912778
>>10912792

definitely not a lot of it though. i have long hair and i use barely more than the diameter of a quarter and that shit makes my hair look fab for days
>>
>>10912798

I'll buy some coconut oil tomorrow and give this a go

do I use it as a conditioner (as well as or instead of leave in conditioner?) or as a wax/pomade to style/leave in my hair (again, as well as wax/pomade or instead of?)
>>
>>10912807

firstly, for best results look for 'cold-pressed' and virgin coconut oil. other shit ain't gonna work. you can find it in health food stores.

when you hop out of the shower, after shampoo / conditioning, you want to dry your hair off enough that its body is damp, then apply the coconut oil from your palms as necessary. i personally use about a quarter-size as i said earlier, sometimes x2. get all your hair in that bitch. the more hair you have the more you will want to use, really its subjective. as its oil it'll make your hair look a bit greasy. i sometimes throw a hat on after i've done it and take it off later and it makes my hair look goddamn incredible
>>
>>10912819

sweet i'll give this a go tomorrow thanks for the advice
>>
>>10912830
np just don't overdo it
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.