[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fashion Books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 9780714865577.jpg (10KB, 300x347px) Image search: [Google]
9780714865577.jpg
10KB, 300x347px
not how to dress guides or anything like that. but information about modern fashion, movements, designers, brands, houses etc

w2c?
>>
File: image.jpg (136KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136KB, 700x466px
Andrew Bolton's "The Super Modern Wardrobe" is an excellent guide to the behinds of tech wear. Includes a lot of Sportwear Company(Stoneisland and CP Company) master pieces and a bunch of stuff on Final Home and Maharishi

Encompasses late 90's to around 2003/2004 iirc
>>
>>10909271
*beginings not behinds
>>
>>10909271
anymore books like this?
>>
>>10909271
>"The Super Modern Wardrobe"
looks interesting

more plz
>>
>>10909238 do you like films anon?

Clothesonfilm.com

^what it says. Not that many new posts but an excellent archive; just search for the style of a movie you're interested in

also thesuitsofjamesbond.com for some truly Rain Man-level analysis of his suits through the series.
>>
>>10909531
Ill scan stuff tommorrow

its a great book
>>
>>10909531
Bump
>>
Re-Orienting Fashion - The chapter by Lise Skov is wonderful. It discusses the Orientalism that Japanese designers faced in the eighties. Actually, I would recommend anything by Lise Skov

The Japanese Revolution in Paris Fashion - For those who love their Japanese designers especially those in the eighties this is the book for you. It's a comprehensive book on Japanese designers in Paris and covers a wide range of topics. Kawamura Yuniwa.

Fashion Zeitgeist - It's a bit pretentious but a good read none the less.

When Clothes Become Fashion - Haven't read too much of this, but what I've read is very good. It's toned down version of Fashion Zeitgeist and frankly much more insightful. It mostly deals with Avant-garde and post-modernist fashion.

The Cutting Edge Fashion From Japan - The editorials are pretty tame, and I'm not a fan of Bonnie English as a scholar or least when she discusses Japanese designers. But the catalog of Japanese fashion designers is lovely.

About Face Performing Race in Fashion and Theater - Very good book. Once again covers the issue of Orientalism in fashion.

http://www.amazon.com/Basics-Fashion-Design-06-Knitwear/dp/2940411166 the whole series is cool.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.