[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to be both big and /fa/? I've been going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 11

File: jonskywalker.jpg (150KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
jonskywalker.jpg
150KB, 640x640px
Is it possible to be both big and /fa/? I've been going to the gym for a while now and i've come to the realization that most buff guys look like shit. Being big and in shape seems to immediately detract from any other possible qualities you might have, and completely removes the sense of mystery/enigma that many skinny /fa/ dudes possess.

One rare exception to this is pic related, but he is blessed with unreal proportions.

So do you think its possible to be big while retaining the aura that a good fit conveys?
>>
you is gay man
>>
The 'aura' that being /fa/ gives is creepyness, unless you look like a model. If you are natural you will never be big, so why worry about it?
Skywalker is on all kinds of juice
>>
File: fake natty.jpg (37KB, 283x434px) Image search: [Google]
fake natty.jpg
37KB, 283x434px
>>10907439
>he is blessed with unreal proportions

nope, that just a low dosage of roids dude, low dosing allows you get that ripped look with getting huge. he looks just like every fake natty bodybuilder on youtube. pic related
>>
>>10907439
>buff guys look like shit
>completely removes the sense of mystery/enigma that many skinny /fa/ dudes possess

ayyy lmao. more like

>went to the gym, realized I am a weak manlet compared to actual athletes and lifters
>time to insult them on a japanese image board to feel better about myself

This is just pathetic.
>>
>most buff guys look like shit. Being big and in shape seems to immediately detract from any other possible qualities you might have, and completely removes the sense of mystery/enigma that many skinny /fa/ dudes possess

I'm curious, how did you draw this conclusion? Because of the most visible portion of fit guys who show themselves off and live the "fitness lifestyle"? You know can't develop huge amounts of muscle mass naturally and it won't make a huge difference in your clothed appearance unless you dress in a way that accentuates it. There are plenty of lowkey buff guys out there.
>>
File: kerouac-american-football-copy.jpg (157KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
kerouac-american-football-copy.jpg
157KB, 500x365px
>>10907439
Played high level rugby in college and like to think I dress well.

Honestly there are a lot of guys these days who are pretty big and actually dress in "/fa/ approved" stuff. It looks good on them, right down to the hipster glasses.

I personally take a more conservative approach to my outfits and work to make the whole thing taper down from the shoulders then anchor at a pair of boots. My favorite tops aren't tight, but drape just so in a way that shows off my physique as I move.

There are also two kinds of big, which are distinct once you develop an eye for them. There's bodybuilder big, which looks kinda low-class and insecure, and there's athlete big, which looks great in just about anything. Oversized arms are the number on indicator of bodybuilder big. It's just sorta disproportionate, like the guy put on a muscle suit to look pretty for his boyfriend.
>>
>>10907439
as long as you dont go rich pastrami big then its fine. you cant pull off certain styles though like SLP and such
>>
>>10907439
David beckham is the effayest of all
>>
File: Grandpa took a homo picture.gif (3MB, 635x357px) Image search: [Google]
Grandpa took a homo picture.gif
3MB, 635x357px
The problem comes from how much muscle they gain "naturally", aka by pretending not to juice. It makes the body look like a greek statue, yet the face doesn't match the body 85% of the time. That's not so bad if you're a bodybuilder (unless you're a hypocrite who juices while acting like a non-juicing, self-righteous cunt), but if you're really into fashion, the greek body type has very few fits, especially since the majority of male models look very feminine. Making you look like a faggot if you wear something meant for a certain demographic. Pulling something off isn't that hard though, as long as you know what you're doing.

If you still want to get some muscle/stronger without getting big as fuck or just get more toned, then get a punching bag to practice boxing/kickboxing and general weights (the kind with adjustable weight plates).
With the weights only start counting once your arm feels like its getting tired, it over-extends the muscle making it bigger (if you eat a lot) or more toned (if you don't eat as much). The punching bag increases your stamina and you'll learn how to not punch like a faggot. [spoiler]Self-defense is always something important to know, no matter where you live or how careful you are. After all, hand to hand is the basis of all combat.[/spoiler][spoiler] Good stamina also helps in bed. Just letting you know.[/spoiler]

tl;dr: Getting huge will fuck with most of your /fa/ wardrobe because it's mostly targeted for skinnier men, guys with muscle can pull it off if they know what they're doing. Getting muscle, strength and body toning, without roids, comes from overcoming your limit and getting sore, and it's fucking hard to continue after about a week of sore muscle or when its cold. I guess it's mostly a matter of how much dedication you're willing to put into it.
[spoiler]>tfw tl;dr is still long as fuck[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Sorry about my autism, I just really like to help others.[/spoiler][spoiler] Kill me.[/spoiler]

gif unrelated btw
>>
>>10908743
>forgot about spoilers
Just fucking kill me already.
>>
>>10907439
You won't pull off the same silhouette as a very thin guy, but you can indeed be fashionable.

You won't ever get roid huge anyway so relax, hitting the gym twice a week with a crap diet won't make you bodybuilder huge. Even your pic is a guy on roids, just low dosage. You'll probably get ottermode at best.
>>
Partially true. I'm muscular without exercising so I don't really have a choice. Pretty short though so it's a bonus. You have to be careful, definitely, but it's possible. I try to avoid t-shirts too. Rather pullovers and button-up shirts. If I could choose I'd have the classic /fa/ look, but I don't mind that much. Skinny doesn't look good on everyone either.
>>
File: JqUarEP.jpg (394KB, 968x1519px) Image search: [Google]
JqUarEP.jpg
394KB, 968x1519px
>>
>>10907474
you cant change the way your muscle's look, even though he is on gear his proportions are still amazing
>>
>>10907439
Ignoring the whole "look like shit" thing, because it's subjective:

Yes, it just requires a good tailor. Being fit gives you proportions that makes regularly-cut clothing fit weird, so you just have to get into the habit of getting things tailored well.
>>
File: OTTOR.jpg (7KB, 199x253px) Image search: [Google]
OTTOR.jpg
7KB, 199x253px
>>10907439
currently im looking to get ottermode.

Skinny waist, decently big arms, traps, wide shoulders and a sex pack. I eat salads pretty much daily(3/4 out of 7 days), only eat clean, no junk food whatsoever. Clean meats, not alot of burgers and I try to stay the fuck away from fried foods. Currently not so big but the strength is coming along.

plan to dress /fa/ with a great body.

bodybuilders are rarely /fa/ because muscles overshadow the clothes
>>
>>10908808
why is his belt hanging down like a little dick
>>
>>10909721
Jared Leto is god tier
>>
>>10910603
twink desu
>>
File: Bugs Bunny King.jpg (33KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Bugs Bunny King.jpg
33KB, 400x400px
>>10907483
your whole post is basically

>n-no actually y-you are inferior, lifting makes me better than you!

Whatever he's doing, you're doing the same to defend your fragile ego, and that's beyond pathetic.
>>
>>10908743
at least you know you're autistic.
>>
>>10908847
not that you'd know dude
you're not big and you can't dress either
fuck off
>>
>>10909721
i bet your are just endlessly skinny
and will never reach ottermode
>>
File: 1393212190856.jpg (230KB, 500x652px) Image search: [Google]
1393212190856.jpg
230KB, 500x652px
>>10910735
and you are doing the exact same
what kind of discussion is this
>with my superior intellect, i can see through your superficial try to cover up your insecurites

*tips fedora

but in the end being fit beats being fashionable in almost every way
>>
What is /fa/'s work out routine?

Just be toned, maybe have a little mass so T'shirts look good.
>>
jesus christ why are you people so goddamn insecure? no other hobbyist have to constantly validate themselves like this, just lift your fucking weights and chill out. are you a better person for working out? no, but it's a good thing to care for your body. would you be a better person if you stopped shitposting where it's not only off-topic but also highly annoying? yes. take a break from the internet, bruv.
>>
File: Capsure.jpg (166KB, 1416x688px) Image search: [Google]
Capsure.jpg
166KB, 1416x688px
>I went to gym for a month and now I'm too muscular for /fa/ clothes

train only strength and you'll probably never look too big
https://youtu.be/MI0L7E_5Qac?t=153
>>
and to answer your question - yes, of course you can. just be mindful of your proportions, which is true regardless of body type.
>>
I hate you americans with your high protein steroid food

I'm an eurofag and I've been working out for 3 years now and I'm in a good shape but can't gain mass to look huge. fuck
>>
>>10907439
spent 74 euro adjusting 6 pairs of pants because I wear the 32-33 waist size but my legs have to be bigger(like a 34) and its rare the model that doesnt need to be cut or tighten at the ankle area for a straight and tight fit
>>
>>10907546
rugby is the most /fa/ sport possible
what position did/do you play senpai
>>
>>10911411
He's big though
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.