[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

modern art

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

https://youtu.be/ANA8SI_KvqI
Just saw this vid and I am wondering how to distinguish bullshit from maserpieces...how do I get into modern art that isnt bullshit like mentioned in the vid.
Dont wanna spend too much time on this topic tho since I have other things going on.
>>
>>10903110
Step one: don't listen to that idiot. Educate yourself. Art is all about context. There are paintings of blue squares that sell for millions of dollars. Are people buying it because it's a painting of a blue square? Of course not. When Marcel Duchamp wrote on a urinal and called it art it was because me did it first. He was making a statement. Learn about modern art, Dadaism, futurism, post modern and then make your own judgment.
>>
>>10903110
That guy is a bitch.

OP what the fuck are you talking about? "I want to know how to distinguish the bullshit from the masterpieces" op ya fucking cunt.

Educate yourself first and foremost and don't take that cunts opinion for fact. If you want to get into visual art then start doing some fucking research. Figure out what you're into, if painting then pick up a copy of vitamin p1 or vitamin p2. Find a couple people you're interested in and then look for books on them.

By the sounds of it bough you don't actually give a shit and you just want to get into the 'elitist' group of art admirers that cunt talks about in the video.

Op you're a fucking bastard
>>
>>10903110
well if u draw some circles while ur drunk and calling it art
i dun care
but when when tax money goes into that shit im drawing a line
>>
>>10903692
this post has like one or two words of actual content.
>>
>>10903110
If you genuinely want to learn more then just get some books out and do a lot of reading. There's a good programme and a book of the same name, programme is available on YouTube, it's called 'ways of seeing' by John Berger. Well worth a watch.

Also consider getting a subscription to a gallery's magazine. I've got one for 'Tate etc' they've got some nice articles and shit in them, not expensive and nice to read.

Look into independent art magazine too. Here in Ireland there's a couple like 'shower of kunst' and 'critical bastards'.

And last but not least, go to some actual fucking galleries to see some fucking art! If there's an art college near you go take a look around it, go to any exhibitions and whatever else you can. If you do even one of these things you'll have a better fucking idea about art than that cunt in that video.
>>
>>10903110
>don't want to spend too much time on this
>I want to "get art" so I can impress my douche friends but I don't really care
>>
>>10903110
>comparing Merck to Matisse

What the fuck is that guy going on about
>>
>>10903110
who is this impotently angry beta white male and why is he so in his feelings about what people should consider art? how are you going to listen to an idiot who thinks art can only be considered on its formal qualities and ignore all historic and social contexts, op? how are you going to listen to an edgelord with videos like "fuck the pope" who thinks sjws are to blame for the state of modern art?

if you really want to learn more about art, go look at some art
>>
>>10903110
The library. Seriously. It's better than the internet for this kind of thing
>>
File: lf.jpg.scaled1000.jpg (87KB, 739x1000px) Image search: [Google]
lf.jpg.scaled1000.jpg
87KB, 739x1000px
>>10903110
this picture compliments that one well I think
>>
>>10903110
Modern fart
>>
>>10903110
I'll never be able to understand how a grown man can be so immature. Everybody has their own opinions and standards, no reason to get so offended about it.
>>
>>10904382
underated post
>>
you won't understand modern art until you learn how art is made
then you'll realize why it's shit
/ic/ here
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.