[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fa/ how does this idea sound? I'm thinking about making

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1453920724576.png (68KB, 224x242px) Image search: [Google]
1453920724576.png
68KB, 224x242px
Hey /fa/ how does this idea sound? I'm thinking about making a pop up store where the store only sells clothing and accessories from local unknown designers. Im talking about these high school and College kids that have like two of a kind hats and shirts. We hype the shit out of the clothes by emphasizing how rare and good quality they are, and we get some people to talk how on the come up these designers are and how how they're on the brink of becoming widely known. (such as asspizza Gianni Mora and whatever young meme designer is popular now)

We make the clothing expensive but not to expensive. Im thinking between the 50 and 120 dollar range. We open the store in some cool aesthetic place, But only keep it open a full day. A new location for the store is open every 2 or 3 months. That and we have inconspicuous sellers the just walk around and if ask them about they sell it to you. We make profit from getting a 10% of what ever is sold. Is this completely retarded / been over done before or do you think its an actually good idea?
>>
>sell clothes nobody knows about
>only open once every 2 months
Yeah I'm sure you'll get tons of business wow what a great idea
>>
>>10896908
I'm not really doing it for profit more so for fun and getting creative people's clothing out there. I assume that the exclusivity of the items will be justifying the price. I also think the not knowing about the designer will add more to the exclusivity, giving that the the items bought will become sought after for their look. inb4 guy eating expensive shit reply.
>>
>>10896891
How do you plan on hyping them?

How are you gonna manage supply?
>>
>>10896891

This is a great idea and has proven to work in a lot of markets. You need to make sure that your brands give you exclusive color ways / designs and you need to get all of the dumb local instahoes to come to your collection opening parties to give you exposure. As long as people can't buy the same shit online for 1/2 price, you will do well. Make sure the products look good in online pics tho.
>>
>>10896891
I'd buy stuff, I like bigcartel memewear
>>
>>10897133
The hyping part is what i not sure about. im think about getting it some how spread through word of mouth through word-of-mouth and a website with pictures and information.
>>10897156
Thanks I'll write that all down.
>>
PR would be a challenge from the start, especially if you have no existing reputation. This could possibly be initiated with involiving the designers in the advertising to their existing fans/friends. Reach out to people with lots of followers in the area could help too if you have them incentive.

Next you have to think about location and decor. Rent on retail space, even for two days (one to prepare, one to be open) can be expensive, and less expensive places can be inconvenient, and inconvenience is the death of you you're only starting up. Then, if you land in a undeveloped place, you can't look entirely in shambles. A few contrasting, nice, definitive pieces of decoration can help. Also be prepared for smooth transactions - have a card reader and proper change available.

But the most important things would be that you have appealing content and of course, your city being large enough to support the concept.

A good first step would be to have someone with intent renown of some sort involved. I think running jokes like ass pizza would probably be a poor idea.

Hope that helps,
~with love, someone who works retail PR for a living.
>>
>>10896891
where do you live, do you have money to fund it?
>>
>>10898778
Houston Texas
Yes
>>
>>10896891
It will never catch on
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.