[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really don't understand the hype behind supreme clothing.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Supreme-Box-Logo.jpg (41KB, 562x488px) Image search: [Google]
Supreme-Box-Logo.jpg
41KB, 562x488px
I really don't understand the hype behind supreme clothing. do people simply wear this for the brand?
>>
>>10893969
Yes.
That shit could look the exact same and say "Ultimate" and nobody would fucking buy it.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
yeah, it's only for the brand
pic related it's a supreme hat I bought last month
>>
>>10893975
That's because it would have no history of skate culture, great collaborations, and general influence on streetwear.
>>
People only buy Supreme so they can resell it to little kids
>>
>>10894001
Just like supreme
>>
>>10894001
Would you buy a shirt like that that says "Colgate"?
It has a history of cleaning teeth, great results, and a general influence on smiles.
Have clean teeth is very effay.
>>
>>10894012
I would buy it. It would sell.
>>
>>10894011
Fucking pleb. Hype beasts and cucks ruined supreme, if you can't 3flip then you shouldn't be wearing it
>>
>>10894397
I can't tell if you are serious or not.

But supreme has moved so far away from skate culture, granted they sell skate stuff still, but they have influenced streetwear so much. To the point that they have like 5 fucking stores in Japan, Fucking Japan. That's like the streetwear capital O everywhere. If they wanted to stay skate, they would sell shit in small skateshops, not 8 actual locations
>>
>>10894403
Then they'll continue to stay as posers and hype beasts then.
>>
>>10894425
Hypebeasts yes, posers no, while I can't say I like supreme, I can say that they have Def helped build streetwear
>>
I own a few Supreme shirts and a hoodie for the same reasons girls own Chanel and Prada purses. You don't buy it because the design is cool, you buy it to display to everyone that you have 'good taste' and so people notice you more. Social interaction is based on appearances and seeing someone in Supreme sparks others' interest because they're aware of how expensive your clothing is. It also changes how people perceive you, usually in a positive manner.

90%+ of the people that buy supreme do it for those reasons and those reasons alone and if they tell you otherwise they're lying to you.

As a rule of thumb, I don't buy shit that substitutes logos for creavity. I don't own any Bape, off white, dime, etc.and yet I've gone and bought supreme because I wanted people to recognize me differently.

It's also worth mentioning that their quality, at least on the shit I own, is great. My bogo hoodie is the warmest/best I've owned.

> inb4 insecure

This sort of behavior isn't born out of insecurity you autist, it's born out of the want to be superior to others.
>>
>>10894538
I'd also like to say that buying things for the reason I lifted is a violation of everything effay but most of you plebs are equally guilty so who cares.
>>
>>10894538
>>10894546
Nobody ever explained this better.

Fashion is hypocrisy at its fienst.
Of course you dress for yourself, but the reason why you dress for yourself is that you dress for others.

It's a status symbol. And a very well done one.

Supreme pieces get that nice vintage/grail feeling even just one year later. And as this anon said, the quality is also good.

I own 1 bogo hoodie and 1 bogo crewneck (and because of the fit, if I could I would wear only supreme hoodies/crewnecks. Really, it's perfect), 1 small bogo sweatpants and the championship jersey.
I fucking love every single one of those pieces.

But see there are reasons for it, not everybody is an hypebeast.
I for example hate over complicated design.
I have been trying to improve my style (actually buying) since just last year, and this year I bought so many pieces, but for each one of them, I had to go trought trials and errors, but ib the end I love every single one of thems, from my socks/trunks to my parka.

I would never buy anything from the jordanXsupreme collab. Cheap plastic prints, and over detailed choose.

But those sleek hoodies, with just an embrodiery of the brand on them...gaddamn.
>>
>>10894636
>choose
shoes*
>>
>>10894012
I personally wouldn't, but I'm sure there are people out there who are passionate about tooth paste that would wear it.
>>
I have a friend from New York who like to skate. He doesn't try to dress up much, but he's mentioned to me that's it only because he's overweight, and that he really wants to get cool clothes once he loses weight. I'd love to get him a Supreme bogo as a present once he does, knowing the history of the brand and that's it's a skate brand from New York, I'm sure he'd absolutely love it.
>>
never bought supreme shit in my life but if they did a collab with a brand i like i'd be all over it.

supreme x capcom never though
>>
>>10894001
Ayo, that's the gayest shit I've ever heard.
>>
>>10893991
I'm almost positive that's a bootleg from eBay my nigga.

Also, check em.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.