[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Messenger Bags

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: bagfag.jpg (89KB, 698x457px) Image search: [Google]
bagfag.jpg
89KB, 698x457px
I have a job where I bring a stack of documents to and from work everyday, papers that are confidential and usually inside individual manila envelopes. About 5 to 6 of these a day. A messenger bag seems to be professional enough to carry these for the setting I work in. I don't wear a suit everyday to work, and I have another uniform to wear if not suited. My question is, are messenger bags only for commuting college students or idiots or can I actually buy a nice quality bag and not look like a fucking idiot? Any suggestions? Anything I should avoid?

>pic related, I like the color, but not the buckle/ snaps
>>
I use this, the lighter color, it's awesome, i'm an architect so i deal with a lot of clients, from fancy upper class suit-wearing people, to average everyday clothes-construction workers, and this bag goes anywhere with everything. It's roomy and i don't think it looks idiotic or only for college students...so, if it works for you, you shouldn't give a shit about it.

http://luggage-sets.net/shop/leabags-oxford-messenger-bag-shoulder-bag-vintage-style-genuine-buffalo-leather/
>>
>>10851501
Correction, i use the brown one...
>>
>>10851509
I like this, very simple flap, ty anon
>>
>>10851454
I'm in a similar situation and can never seem to settle on a bag, but I like messenger bags best. Would be nice for someone more in the know to give some anti autistic bag tips. The social acceptability feels proportional to the price tag.
>>
>>10851545
There's a lot of options out there, i think it doesn't need to be super expensive or something, but if you are looking for good leather or something like it, you are gonna have to spend something above 70-80 bucks...i think the ones made of fabric and/or canvas, look a little more on the student/tourist side.
>>
>>10851575
I've gotten that feeling too. I travel infrequently and it would be convenient to have a bag for my tablet and a book, but will a leather bag in the 80-120 range hold up? Bag that >>10851501 linked seems solid.
>>
>>10851575
Plus, if one day you don't have too much stuff you need to carry, canvas/cloth it's gonna get crumpled or lose its shape, it will look like a saggy diaper... leather doesn't do that, it mantains its shape, and still looks great
>>
>>10851581
Yeah, sometime i just carry a notebook, my tablet and some pens, it isn't heavy on its own either.
I love it.
>>
>>10851581
Btw, i got it from amazon, it's around 120 bucks there.
>>
>>10851575
>if you are looking for good leather or something like it, you are gonna have to spend something above 70-80
try literally ten times that
the "midrange" price for leather bags like this is $400-$500, and just about all of the brands in that range will suffer from workmanship issues. On one hand, your saddleback bag will have uneven/missed stitches, and have leather thicker than armor, but on the other it'll be functional.
>>
>>10851651
True, but there's even some cheap ones which aren't that bad, serve its purpose and look great, but i don't think you'll get anything leather or imitation leather for under $80...
>>
Duluth Pack Trading Company - it's more of a rugged Americana look. Constructed to endure trips into the boundary waters and plenty of bags that would be formal enough to bring into work.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.