[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it just me or has effay really gone to shit lately? i've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 13

is it just me or has effay really gone to shit lately?

i've been here for like three years but it seems like the last few months have been the worst i've ever seen it. theres like one or two active trips who aren't total fuckers and the waywt usually has like one decent fit per thread. maybe im just nostalgic and its always been shit, idk. enlighten me, oldfriends

the rick generals are nice and friendly tho, theyre probably the only thing keeping me here desu
>>
people on here arent interested in fashion anymore
the Milan fashion week thread got 4 replies if i recall correctly while threads like 'god tier sneakers' where people discuss the most basic mall tier clothing get hundreds
>>
this is 4chan where every edgy teenager can post whatever he wants
why the fuck would you expect any kind of quality from this board?
>>
File: 12.jpg (937KB, 989x4260px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
937KB, 989x4260px
>>10848236
>its always been shit

it has been better. had lots of niche fashion threads & fits, and a lot of entertaining/somewhat knowledgeable trips and other posters a couple of years ago. but the semi-fashion related shitposting has always been there.

progressively downhill turn for several years.
now we've pretty much plateaued since a couple of years back.
we've had threads JUST like these every other week.

posting in the waywt nowadays, for example, in a non-sarcastic manner is just another way of saying "I have no idea of what I'm doing, and no better medium to express this in. Please rate my complete ineptitude".

it's the /b/ of fashion.
don't take it seriously.
don't expect too much of it.
just treat it as a vaguely fashion-related shitposting station and you'll be golden.
go elsewhere for actual fashion/style discussion and learning.
>>
Yeah, it has got really shit. I've been here since 2012 and even in that time I've seen it go down hill. Man I just remember the early lunarcore threads, it seemed like a bright new dawn, /fa/ was moving on from gothninja and really choosing an aesthetic of its own. I left for a while to sort my fucking life out and when I came back there was the Palecuck tumblrmeme shit.
>>
File: list.png (68KB, 617x755px) Image search: [Google]
list.png
68KB, 617x755px
>>10848255
nice dubs

>go elsewhere for actual fashion/style discussion and learning.

namely: pic related
>>
as of late, /fa/ is completely useless.

a few years ago it was ok - there was some good info, knowledge of trends, it was pretentious yes but there was also a lot of genuine discussion and even some originality

one year ago it started to turn and became a cast off of the stuff that tumblr is too cool to concern itself with, although there was some knowledge still

fast forward to today and not a single thread is worth one jot of anyone's time. the board has stagnated and become a hotbed of incessant arguing, sporadic elitism and relentless reposts of the few things with any value that circulate aimlessly around the board. w2c threads have even become useless.

this place is truly terrible and shouldn't used for anything, ANYTHING, except the very occasional inspo thread.
>>
/fa/ hasn't changed, you have. It's always been useless for the most part, it's just even more apparent now because chances are you actually know how useless most of these fucktards are.
>>
>>10848255
>>10848267
lol dude you're the trip i was talking about in the op, nice of you to drop in. youve always been really helpful and polite and shit. ive been sad af since strawtengu and theo disappeared but im starting to see why they did. i follow their tumblrs and stuff but its not the same really. i like bday's fits when he's around, but he's usually a jackass lol. then theres like fucking matt wtf happened

also thanks for the infographics senpai
>>
>>10848267
great guide on how to be dressed by the internet. jesus christ i hope no one takes any of those sites seriously.

>>10848255
the number of virgins and teens pretty much speaks for itself here. these are the guys who advise you about rick owens. people here know nothing about fashion and its so apparent that the entire point of fashion has flown right over their heads.
>>
>>10848267
fashion spot is the only alive good site on that list tobh
>>
Maybe stop wasting time creating these absolute trashy and unnecessary threads, and actually contribute quality content then.

>Man this room is really fucking messy
>Better write a note and hang it on the door saying that it's really fucking messy instead of actually clean some stuff up in the time I used to write this note
>>
>>10848310
>Clean up some stuff

I don't think OP is a janitor anon
>>
>>10848296
>great guide on how to be dressed by the internet

Have you even visited the sites?? Many of them have completely different styles.. styleforum, dressedwell, sz, sufu, unwoven, et c

they really dont have your standard 'dressed by the internet' look
>>
i've always been on other chatrooms/forums alongside /fa/ and I kind of migrated back to them a few years ago. I was getting big into tinychat the same time slater was at his peak and then basically stopped posting here (posting in potentially worse places like hipinion and dump.fm). Fashion boards are mostly dead. SZ is till alright and i check in there once in a while but sufu is a shell of what it once was. I think online communities in general are going through a weird time.

tinychat, imageboards, spaceghetto, dump, and traditional forums are all experiencing a kind of hibernation. I guess 2007-2012 was a bit of a golden age
>>
>>10848310
lmao implying i cant do both and that they arent the same thing anyway
>>
>>10848322
Are you retarded? Have you ever heard about a metaphor?
>>
File: good-talk.png (19KB, 686x156px) Image search: [Google]
good-talk.png
19KB, 686x156px
>>10848287
cheers.

I think fashionable/knowledgeable trips and anons are leaving because:
- there are very few people here who knows shit about fashion.
- when good fits/useful information is posted, it's not appreciated (pearls before swine)
- actual on-topic threads do not get bumped.
- very few of the young people here can see beyond "I like this, so this is objectively good. I don't like that, so that's objectively bad (and you're a faggot for thinking something else)" - so discussion and WAYWT ratings stagnate.
- the mods/janitors disagree with the majority of the users about what the board is supposed to be like.

in short:
few people share good on-topic stuff (almost not worth looking)
few people appreciate the good on-topic stuff that is shared (almost not worth sharing)

>pic related
>how much the mods care
>>
>>10848236
>Nazgûl goes grocery shopping
>>
>>10848357
See, this is fucking bullshit. I cannot wrap my head around what people like you are thinking.

>I'll make a thread about how shit this board is

Damn that's a great idea! People will read it and think, hey he's right. Better strart 'Bootin!

No. They are not, this is actually the defenition of shitposting, this will only make this board worse. Instead maybe try to be constructive in your fucking edge posts once in a while, try to give useful advice, and try to inspire people.

>inb4 welcome to 4chan

See this is what I've never understood, you are complaining about how shit a board is, and as soon as someone try's to call you out on it, you reside to phrases like, back2reddit, welcome 2 4chan, newfag. This will probably turn into some copypasta, but I hope some people will read this and realise, wow hey, he's actually making some solid points, maybe I should step out this edgy 4chan anon role and start actually contributing, instead of posting absolute TRASH threads like these. OP, you're worthless on this board, I hope you realise this now. If you don't, which will probably be the case, I genuinly hope you will just leave this board and never return.

>EVERYBODY WALK THE DINOSAUR
>>
>>10848371
Don't forget

in short:
Most people are just complaining about posters being underage and calling everything a meme
>>
>>10848371
>>10848267
>>10848255

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oALUNqVWQoQ
>>
>>10848385
welcome 2 4chan back2reddit newfag
>>
>>10848385
not him, but

talking about the issue is good, because it brings attention to it.
in these threads multiple people provide suggestions for several different solutions to the problem.
then the issues + the possible solutions are brought up to the mods.

that's how these threads work.

if you can't understand this, then that's too bad.
I also think you should go outside for a while, since it's not healthy to become this riled up over imageboard discussions.

>"but I'm not angry"

>fucking bullshit
>fucking edge posts
>you're worthless
>I genuinly hope you will just leave this board and never return
>>
File: 1448952630250.jpg (43KB, 192x196px) Image search: [Google]
1448952630250.jpg
43KB, 192x196px
>>10848398
CRITICAL HIT

STHLM - ストックホルム #z4!J-J8O
>>
>>10848405
det är bra min brör/syster, någon måste göra det.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUMTHfwbq-g
>>
>>10848371
holy fuckkkkkk, that image tho

no wonder our sticky's advice is from 1508, is there any way to renovate tuxbell maybe?

also i appreciate ur posts, i feel the same way about a lot of this. i guess most people just dont care about the board anymore so fuck it right
>>
>>10848255
I get that you want the board to improve but I've never seen you actually help all that much. You mostly just appear to say this board needs to be fixed whenever threads like these appear. Like what have you actually done to help specifically so far because all I've seen is you telling people to leave /fa/, fail at changing the sticky and I think it was you who tried to create three different footwear generals but I could be wrong on that last one.

I mean all we need is to stop having that "God this board is shit" mentality and just start improving it. Go into a WAYWT and give some constructive criticism for once or something. Make a designer general if you wanna talk about the designer but don't just give up when it doesn't get 300 posts. Stop being bitter and jaded and looking at the good old days.

Another problem too is people take this board so fucking serious. "I'm sick of all these is X /fa/? Threads grumble grumble" those threads aren't that bad and can be enjoyable or laughable if you take a lighthearted approach. The future a lot of the complainers envision is nothing but talking about fashion weeks and new collections with utmost civility and knowledge. That won't happen. A lot of people here just want to dress better not major in fashion design and we need to accept that.

Most of all I think we just really need to enforce the talk shit post fit rule but also realize other people have different styles and it's impossible for everyone to agree.
>>
>>10848544
>tried to create three different footwear generals

That was some other guy

>never seen you actually help all that much

Are you legit blind
He even says
>don't take it seriously.

Did you even look at the picture in the post

You've never been to the skin threads huh?
He's written the entire faq there
>>
File: 1442919089160.jpg (273KB, 1242x1407px) Image search: [Google]
1442919089160.jpg
273KB, 1242x1407px
Go back to /r/streetwear yoou faggots
>>
This board is plagued with negativity. Thats the only problem with this board imo
>>
>>10848692
No, this board is plagued with people who have no fucking clue what fashion is about. All these kids on here just wanna be cool, they dont give a fuck about looking a bit further into fashion.
>>
>>10848704

please enlighten us as to what fashion is all about
>>
https://www.change.org/p/hiroyuki-nishimura-4chan-mods-get-back-quality-long-lost-on-a-board-we-love
>>
>>10848692
you are right
>>10848704
you are exactly what he is talking about
>>
too many liberals.
>>
>>10848923
How am i negative?
>>
>>10848527
The good thing about Tuxbell is that it's a wiki-esque site. All we'd have to do is a get people that know what they're talking about to edit it.
>>
Its those fucking "is x effay?" and threads outside the general that ruin this board. Ban those fuckers please.
>>
>>10848236
It's not just you,I noticed it too.
>>
>>10848236
The ultimate "I just want my Sunny D please fuck off" fit
>>
Nah, this board always was shit. Like, you know ALWAYS. Nothing changes.
>>
>>10848236
Please does someone have the pic of a goth ninja getting some milk at a gas station? I saved it but accidentally deleted it, I'd laugh so much every time I saw it.
>>
>>10849046
that's been a thing on this board for years
>>
>>10848362
his one was metaphor too you imbecile
>>
What ruins the board are the following kinds of posts:

Calling any piece of clothing a meme
Calling anything you don't like "reddit"
Calling anyone wearing something you don't like a cvck
DUDE NIGGERS LMAO
Thinking a "fashion" board is exclusively for high fashion
>>
>>10849440
THIS!!
>>
>>10848371
The mods don't give a fuck and are fucking retarded. I assume they are nerdy losers that moot and nip moot are friends with. Those cunts don't know anything about fashion and aren't paid so obviously they don't give a fuck.
>>
So actual fashion general here? Who's going to Paris this weekend?
>>
>>10848236
Yes, the past 4 or so months have been pretty bad.
>>
>>10848261
We can still make lunarcore work! For a brighter future!! For Knoch!!!
>>
How do we fix it? We complain about it all the time. Can anyone give us any solutions?
>>
>>10848243

Right on the nose my friend.
>>
>>10850913
an improved sticky is a first

https://4ch.be/fa/thread/10614733/#10618525

https://4ch.be/fa/thread/10614733/#10619163
>>
File: spoon.jpg (77KB, 921x609px) Image search: [Google]
spoon.jpg
77KB, 921x609px
>>10848236
this board is pic related except there's thousands of mouths and only a few hands
>>
>>10848243
!!! best response
>>
>>10848236
i think the rick owens general threads are the worst patrt of /fa/

its a bunch of 16 year olds buying old shit and talking about the "aesthetic" as if it was new

it isn't 2006-2008 anymore

i mean sure when i graduated high school i thought emily blunt looked amazing in rick owens in devil wears prada but that was 10 fucking years ago
>>
>>10848236
You're going to the market to buy some milk with your kids. Your daughter hides behind you says "daddy, what is that?". You look to your right and see that. What do?
>>
>>10851203
That cant possibly be the worst part since they keep to their own thread
>>
>>10848255
You are the only good trip left here
>>
>>10848255
>>10848267
>>10848371
>>10848405

Let's make STHLM a mod
>>
>>10851280
lets do this
>>
>>10849440
>Thinking a "fashion" board is exclusively for high fashion

Though not quite the same this reminds me of /ic/'s problem. It is just a circlejerk of mostly drawing and digital painting involving fantasy/scifi/cartoon/fanart/anatomy. Anything else either gets shitposted to hell or 404s. I just lurk there every blue moon to find the 1% non circlejerk threads.
>>
>>10848329
>they really dont have your standard 'dressed by the internet' look
Sufu kinda does, but that's mainly because /fa/ has been trying to destroy it for a few years.
>>
>>10848371
And, honestly, this has always been a problem with the board, but the signal to noise ratio seems to have changed for the worse since 2008.
>>
>>10849406
They've never been good, either.
>>
>>10851244
Maybe they do now. For years this board was Rick or nothing.
>>
File: wywt[1].png (124KB, 740x276px) Image search: [Google]
wywt[1].png
124KB, 740x276px
If you think /fa/ used to be better it's only because the novelty of this place has worn off or because people tend to romanticize the past. Have a waywt from 2010 as proof.
>>
>>10851203
>general dedicated to a designer that is hardly posted anywhere but that general

that's literally the best thing you could ask for

it's the same with /kpg/ on /mu/ and /gotg/ on /tv/
>>
Normcore and monochrome/"minimalism" and palewave were definitely bad signs. Tons of kids were convinced that you could be fashionable (and be a prick about it) while looking utterly unremarkable, literally like everyone else in the room. And if that's your thing, hey, whatever, but the devotees of this stuff shitposted any other discussion on the board out of existence. Palewave was the worse, because it was spammed incessantly by people (I suspect a fairly small number) who were convinced they were part of a bonafide outside-of-4chan fashion movement. It kinda makes you understand how ISIS is so successful in bringing in recruits.
>>
>>10851446
>proof
>posts one pic out of thousands

Are you legit retarded, my man?

Cherrypicking doesn't prove anything.
>>
test
>>
>>10848398

SICK burn dudE!1!haha, you TOTALLY got that fucking stupid loser! who gives a shit about that gay part of fashion shit, right? i just wanna look good man

hey man , btw, do you know if publish joggers are good? i gotta make sure my shit looks good for this date im goin on tomorrow with this girl from my SAT class, im totally lookin to bang her by next week or im out
>>
>>10854385
low.
>>
File: greydenim1[1].png (107KB, 778x388px) Image search: [Google]
greydenim1[1].png
107KB, 778x388px
>>10852818

Sorry senpai I would have just said type in random post numbers on the archive until you got a large enough sample size to satisfy your need for statistical significance, but it went down. It's hard to find old /fa/ posts nowadays, but the ones you can find show that if anything, /fa/ is better today.
>>
I used to frequent this board all the time last year. Now, this is the first time I've been here in a while and most of the threads suck. Maybe I just don't really care anymore.
>>
>>10848243
>milan fashion week
>only Ferregamo and Jil Sanders was relevant
kek, italian fashion is dead m8, just look at Moschino

also, this board is filled with the ghosts of people intersted in fashion and kids who think theypre better than them just because they wear jordans

RIPperonni /fa/
>>
>>10849440
this is what happens when /pol/ and /b/ realize they´re fat manlet shitheads and try to look decent by shitposting on /fa/
>>
what alternatives to /fa/ are there?
>>
>>10856233
reddit
>>
>>10848236

noone cares if you leave or stay
>>
I wish I had fashion knowledgeable friends :(
>>
>>10848544
>want to dress better

no, they want to dress in whatever the newest super mainstream edgy trend is, and then wholeheartedly deny that anyone liked it before them, or that it's popular at all
>>
>>10851473
I 100% created palewave alone as a troll to appeal to the contrarian nature of autistic little kids equivalent to the teenagers that listened to korn circa 2001 by mentioning that black clothing was prevalent in the mainstream. And it worked hook, line, and sinker.
>>
>>10848236
Reddit invaded
>>
/fa/ is trash anyway
at least mfa has decent, classy fits
>>
>>10856209
>>10856221
the fucking irony of these posts holy shit
>>
>>10851462
this. 4chan as a medium just works best when you have a very specific interest that isn't discussed much outside of one thread type. That's why the rick and thinspo threads are the only concurrent threads worth looking at here. same with the kpop and shoegaze threads on mu etc
>>
>>10856233
Going outside
>>
>>10851244
this
containment is containment. It's easy to just not enter a rick owens general.
>>
Do any of you think it would help if we renamed fuccboi general to something like /fit/'s QTDDTOT? I might be retarded but it took me weeks to figure out what fuccboigen was for, and threads that would have been better off as questions in those are practically an hourly occurrence.
>>
>>10857188

why kill a board that's already slow and empty as fuck?
>>
>>10857215
You see useless threads like that bumping less active ones like that Milan fashion week thread off faster and faster.

It's also a pet peeve of mine to see threads that can be opened and closed in one post.
>>
Some anons here pointed out that there was a lack of knowledge about fashion. I agree, when you know shit, you talk shit. Why don't we make a sticky ourselves with relevant torrents, links and articles that we could post regularly? We can't really count on moderation anyway.
>>
>>10857226
thing is, changing the sticky at all is a big pain in the ass
>>
>>10857230
I shouldn't say sticky, but pasta.
>>
>>10856209
That's besides the point tbqh, you would at least expect some discussion about it on a fashion board
Even then tho, you have to admit prada and versace had quite strong collections even if you aren't a fan of the style, some of the best they've put out in a while imo
>>
File: 1450506117132.jpg (155KB, 991x521px) Image search: [Google]
1450506117132.jpg
155KB, 991x521px
>>10848236
I stopped browsing /fa/ back in '14, I come back here every once in a while, but there really isn't much fashion discussion anymore, all I see is sneakers and meme fashion threads. Back then, there actually were more worthwhile and entertaining discussions
>>
>>10856209
Ey the Moschino collection had some sick shit, also did you not see what Gucci came out with?
>>
>>10851280
>>10851336
spot newfag kek
>>
>>10857888
you´re right, i´m more into the paris fashion week but i admit that Prada, Dolce & Gabanna and Versace do beautiful womenswear and sometimes menswear collections, but you´ll never hear of that in here

>>10858294
Moschino is like the "hey look what awesome shit i can do" brand, dont get me wrong, i actuallly like the technical abilities of the brand but the overall aesthetic is horrid, but thats just my opinion, well, gucci alays puts out good collections but not a fan of it
>>
>>10848382
underrated post
>>
File: Untitled.png (129KB, 627x328px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
129KB, 627x328px
EVERY GOD DAMN WEEK

boo hooo
/fa isnt even effay anymore its l-l-like people know it exists or something . . .

Only I know fahshuns wahh wahhhh

what. your really sayiung tho is you want /fa to only be relevant to you. If its not ALL rick/raf then you are not interested. Your stunted taste is the problem, the churning pot of inspiration this board brings is not.
Rough with the smooth mate.
Before you try and say 'its not all; about rick' your pic is rick, your comment is rick.
>>
File: ....png (38KB, 106x351px) Image search: [Google]
....png
38KB, 106x351px
>>10858368
holy fucking shit please graduate middle school before you type another fucking word
>>
>>10858368
That is not the problem, the problem is the uneducated fuckboys who think their opinions about designer fashion matter when they know nothing about which then causes all the people who actually know stuff about designer fashion to leave the board because they are sick of dealing with them
Basically, if you don't know what you are talking about, then shut the fuck up about it and stick to your fast fashion discussion
You are one of the people I'm talking about, your knowledge of the subject consists of raf, rick and slp and even then you probably barely know much about those
>>
>>10856209
"italian fashion is dead" - tripfag on /fa/
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.