[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Teeth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (61KB, 602x430px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 602x430px
Are braces worth it at the age of 21? Also do I need them or are my teeth ok?

Pic related. It's my teeth.
>>
>>10837526
holy shit how can you still think about it

go straight to the dentist

please
>>
Your teeth are neotenous as fuck
>>
>>10837533
Is it that bad?
>>
>>10837526
Yes it is, I also got mine at 21 but I had much better teeth than that abomination of yours. Removing my upper braces in a week, I'm 22 now,
>>
File: tmp_15593-images1247978983.jpg (16KB, 758x245px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_15593-images1247978983.jpg
16KB, 758x245px
Go get a consultation from a (good) cosmetic orthodondist.

The only real issue with your teeth is the gap between your two front ones.

They could probably build them up to fill in the gap. This would cost like $500-$1000 rather than $$$$ for braces.
>>
>>10837535
What does that mean? The wiki page is incomprehensible.
>>
>>10837545
To extend on this your bottom teeth mean fuck all because no one really sees or notices them on a day to day basis. So forget about those.

And while your top ones are a bit unsightly. The only BIG issue is the space between your front teeth.
>>
>>10837526
I'm 22 and just got my braces (Got them until now cause I wanted to pay the whole thing now).

Going to have them for a whole year but its worth it considering I will have a decent smile for the rest of my life (implying I dont die next year lol)

If you want them and consider it will boost your self steem get them. Its never too late to improve yourself.
>>
>>10837554
It means your teeth look like a kid's teeth. They are far a part and small as hell

That Hungarian model Barbara something is a prime example of neotenous person
>>
>>10837545
>>10837542
>>10837563

Also found out today that braces would cost $6000 in my country. Fuck this shit.
>>
>>10837570
Well, I look pretty young for my age. People have said I look 16. Maybe teeth make it this way.
>>
I see way more older people with braces now, that's acceptable these days I guess
>>
I actually think these are reallllly cute
>>
>>10837526
they are quite symmetric at least...
better to have a gap than crooked af teeth.
>>
>>10837526
You look like Smeagol, my nigga.
21 is actually a decent age to get it done biologically speaking, socially they make you do it as a kid for some reason but then you're still growing.
So I had mine for 3 years in middle to high school and then my new dentist told me that I had enough room to let my wisdom teeth grow in and I was too soft-spoken to tell the dummy that I wanted them out anyway- now guess who had to deal with a brand new overbite.
>>
>>10837526

Not that bad, man, nothing to be ashamed of. I'll only suggest you to go to a dentist because it's always easier to fix them (if you want to) when you are younger
>>
>>10837526
it's NEVER too late for good teeth, do it babe
>>
>>10837526
as long as you're not a greasy neck beard, and you dont smile with your whole mouth, you'll be fine.
>>
>>10837591
lol
>>
I had braces twice for an underbite when I was a kid then my teeth shifted back. Its not horrible but I always notice it. Should I get braces? I think itd be less attractive to have braces then to have a slight underbite but I dont really want this forever
>>
>>10837774

>dentist left one wisdom tooth in because there was "enough room"
>now have a totally fucked up uneven bite

Worst profession ever. He also left me with a black front tooth because he filled a root canal with black filling and I don't have the money to get a crown put on it.
>>
>>10837526
Blah, 21 is still really young, i have an uncle that got them at like 32, and he and everybody were ok with it.

Do it boy.
>>
Dude ,get Invisalign instead of braces, if you can afford it

Not a chance in hell I'd want to deal with having braces. Seems so weird, inconvenient, annoying and super old school to me.

Do your best to try & afford Invisalign. It's just so much more worth it for the convenience.
>>
>>10837774
> and then my new dentist told me that I had enough room to let my wisdom teeth grow in
Mine grew in without any real pain at all, at most ~3 weeks of soreness... does that mean I have an overbite now, or that I have inferior/superior genetics? My teeth overlap pretty much entirely still, there's no "gap" visible, and the huge angle you see with overbites is maybe 5-10° for me.
>>
braces are the best BUT before you even think of getting them, you have to agree that you will wear your retainer everyday for the rest of your life and youll probably also get a metal bar put behind your front bottom teeth (which will start falling off like once or twice a year and will shred your lips, inner cheeks and tongue until you go back to your dentist to have it replaced it will also make flossing those teeth nearly impossible). ALSO if you get them before your wisdom teeth start coming out then YOU WILL NEED TO GET YOUR WISDOM TEETH REMOVED ASAP, or else they will fuck up your straight teeth even with your retainer on. ALSO if you dont wear your retainer theres a big chance you can get tmj (basically fucks up the hinges in your jaw and make your life hell (headaches, pain, etc)
>>
Jawsus is that you? all grown up now? damn
>>
should i get braces if i want to be attractive: a guide

I think that crooked teeth are usually not a detriment to your appearance if they're all the same shade
i think thatbmainly what makes crooked teeth look bad is when they're not all the same shade, i.e,!some have shadows on them from being behind the other teeth or they're just different colors because some might be harder to brush because of their placement
but if you get them professionally whitened they usually look decent and you save a lot of money
and some people look better with crooked teeth (something about how glaring asymmetry in crooked teeth makes the slight asymmetry in faces seem like nothing)

having a gapblike having one black tooth. the same principle that makes crooked teeth look unattractive, but way worse. it's gonna fuck the whole thing up forever UNLESS the gap if off to one side and you already look kinda trashy

so

crooked teeth = just get them professionally whitened

gap teeth = braces please
>>
>>10840263
>>10840263
i was told i didn't have to wear a retainer for my whole life, just 2 years. but my dog chewed it and my orthodontist was really creepy so i only actually wore one for 2 months, and my teeth aren't so bad 5 years later. maybe it's just because my doc thought i would need more dental work in the future and i would need to get braces again anyway

also, i removed the metal wire myself after 3 years and it was a bitch to get off. still have a small piece stuck to the back of one of my teeth because i ran out of sandpaper as i was removing it and never got to finish it

i think the worst thing about braces is that some of your teeth might be really hard to brush and you might end up with scars on your teeth no matter how often you brush. but still it's better than having bad teeth i guess
>>
>>10837591
STRAYA?
>>
get invisalign
>>
>>10837526
>>10840104
invisalign might be better if you dont want how braces look
>>
File: 1386733786625.jpg (55KB, 546x562px) Image search: [Google]
1386733786625.jpg
55KB, 546x562px
>>10840877
>>10842007
>invisalign on gaps that huge
My mouth hurts just thinking about it, fuck me.
>>
>>10837526
I spent $7k on braces and my teeth still look bad
>>
>>10840263

>(which will start falling off like once or twice a year and will shred your lips, inner cheeks and tongue until you go back to your dentist to have it replaced it will also make flossing those teeth nearly impossible)

If you're a fucking retard. Otherwise, no.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.