[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

yo /fa/, always wanted to custom paint some jordan 1's,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: fuckbrook.jpg (57KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
fuckbrook.jpg
57KB, 700x525px
yo /fa/, always wanted to custom paint some jordan 1's, finally copped a pair in my size for pretty cheap, and i was wondering what you folks think would be a good color to replace the infrared orange? I'm not entirely opposed to repainting the blue-green, but it has really grown on me. Thoughts?
>>
lmao the store i work at has these trash shoes for clearance
>>
>>10835813
just make breds
>>
>>10835816
idk what the fuck westbrook's goofy ass was thinking with the nasty infrared, shit looks absolutely disgusting in person. copped specifically for the sake of painting, i wear a 14 and my local store had 'em for like 30$
>>
>>10835818
breds are classic, certainly, but what's the point of painting some shit yourself just to make em look like a pre-existing colorway?
>>
>>10835832
Well at least they had then for there actual value.

Goddamn niggersx
>>
>>10835843
well they dont really, they look like kids shoes atm
>>
>>10835813
or try triple matte black or if u insist on changing colour go royals/fragments
>>
>>10835962
thanks for the input! triple matte black could be pretty interesting, although i would prefer a lighter color if i'm going full neutral, such as maybe a tan in the same vein as the pinnacles.
Really love the color of these, and since i most likely wouldn't be wearing them until late spring/summer, i feel as though they would work better with clothing for that type of weather
>>
File: pinnacle.jpg (36KB, 713x432px) Image search: [Google]
pinnacle.jpg
36KB, 713x432px
>>10836038
>>10835962
forgot pic for ref
>>
Can I paint Sperry boat shoes with house paint?
>>
File: Capture.png (2MB, 727x802px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
2MB, 727x802px
>>10836457
Too late,I've got confederate Sperry's now.

Doesn't look/feel too bad and I was going to throw them out anyhow.
>>
File: 1399671710470.jpg (27KB, 300x260px) Image search: [Google]
1399671710470.jpg
27KB, 300x260px
can someone explain the appeal of jordans to me? the only silhouettes i like are 3s and 5s. ones have that shit logo near the ankle... why not just get dunks or af1s? more colorways and high mid and low options. i just don't understand jordans at all.
>>
>>10838562
don't front bitch you know >>10836041 are fly af

OP, what kind of paint does one use to re-color leather shoes? is there a specific process involved?
>>
>>10838933
You basically take acetone (or you could spend way too much money on some name brand leather shoe cleaning product that's more or less acetone) and wipe down the leather you're doing the painting on to prep it, then take some paint that is specifically for leather surfaces (Angelus seems to be the go-to brand) and throw a few coats on and you're pretty much good. Nothing too crazy or complicated
>>
>>10839752
>>10838933
Also you obviously need a coat or two of a leather paint sealer so that it doesn't chip off should it get wet
>>
>>10838562
af1s have a much shitter silhouette than jay 1s

they look like a fucking wedge of cheese and the soles are too thick

manlet shoes imo, why else do I only see asians wearing them
>>
>>10839763
This desu
Dunks and AF1's tend to start looking retarded in the larger sizes, but i find that the 1's retain most of the integrity in the silhouette even in 14's and above
>>
>>10836038
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf32_kqPZ-E
>>
How do you get that same thing that the lance mountain sb's have. I want to paint some shoes with that paint that rubs off after wear.

anyone know how to do that or what paint to use?
>>
>>10840031
Angelus brand paint is what everybody will recommend when it comes to painting leather/Jordans. Just make sure you go over it thoroughly with acetone before applying any paint, and that, when painting, you have at LEAST 3-4 coats of paint on the entire shoe. Start off with light coats, don't worry too much about gaps initially, and then gradually go over it getting progressively thicker with your coating. Once finished painting, let them dry for at LEAST 12 hours, then go over them with 2-3 coats of a spray paint sealer, which you must then let dry again for around 8-12 hours.
>>
>>10838562
only a jordan loving nigger could like 3s and 5s

The rest of the world likes 1s the best which is why luxury brands copy their design
>>
>>10840118
I don't want to paint my shoe to last I want it to have that lance mountain effect where the top paint starts wearing off with wear and shows the actual shoe colors underneath
>>
>>10835958
Jordans look like kids shoes no matter what
>>
>>10841354
I have the lance mountains 1s and even after wearing them for a month straight during the summer, the paint still wasn't wearing off. Just near the toe box where your foot creases and a few scruff marks. Other than that the only other parts that rubbed off were when I skated them

Most people who don't skate used acetone to rub the paint off, which means it is pretty hard for the paint to come off, unless they are true beater beater shoes. I would just paint them then apply a thin or just one layer of concealer
>>
>>10842351
so basically like what the other person said? Just paint the shoe with angelus then swag acetone on certain parts to get that "worn," look?
>>
>>10841593
*tips fedora*
>>
>>10841593
I have jordans and red wings, fight me
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.