[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can /fa/ give me a list of different styles? (slackercore, streetwear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: LBS.jpg (137KB, 634x634px) Image search: [Google]
LBS.jpg
137KB, 634x634px
Can /fa/ give me a list of different styles?
(slackercore, streetwear etc.)

I'm currently "in between" a number of them and I feel as if I need to stick to one, for consistency.

e.g. I own a number of longline garms, yet I commonly wear bomber jackets, skinny jeans and boots etc. - no consistency there.

halp /fa/

pic for attention
>>
>>10833899
Scumwave
>>
don't try to be something that you aren't senpai

just b urself
>>
dont
>>
>>10833899
you don't need to stick to one, that's not how fashion works.
>>
>>10833944

so, if I have partial longline, comfort fits etc. and also yet other styles in the wardrobe, that would be seen as the norm? acceptable even?
>>
OP Here. (again ^)
I mean, the fundamentals would be more or less the same, jeans, basic t shirts etc. - just the other layers that would differ.

from bomber jackets and boots, through to longline fits and trainers.
>>
>>10833950
wtf r u talkin bout
>>
>>10833967

OP again.
I've more or less answered my own question.
Judging by the few responses it does seem OK to differ between styles and fits.

As long as the fundamentals remain the same, the rest can be interchangeable.

thanks /fa/
>>
>>10833916
Honestly listen to this OP
>>
>>10833899
just B.E. yourself :)
>>
>>10834011
op should print that post out and hang it over his bed for the rest of his life desu senpai
>>
>falling for the internet meme styles
lmao
>>
>>10833899
>yet I commonly wear bomber jackets, skinny jeans and boots etc.

Huh? You could put together an outfit with these three things and it would look sick.

Create your own style, OP. Wear what you like. Don't try to adhere to a style, it's stupid. Be authentic.
>>
>>10834082
I mean like I commonly wear those together, yet I also have other stuff that doesnt fit into that "style" which I now know is BS. - I'm going to stop looking to fit to a certain "style" and just be me in future.

Thanks for the advice man. Appreciate it.
>>
>>10833899
>buy cool clothes
>make sure they fit you
>wear them

Thats it man dont be so insecure.
>>
>>10833899
>I have to confine myself to a meme style or my chinese cartoon image board will sleep on my fits

Go outside
>>
The point of fashion isn't to buy and wear what people//fa/ tell you to buy. It's about creating something yourself that isn't way too autistic.
>>
Be indie, its cheap, you don't have to try, great music, great movies, great culture, girls love it. Whats not to love. Indie kids AREN'T hipsters anyone that says otherwise is ignorant and has never seen what a real hipster is (they're sooo fucking pretentious)
>>
so is this ironic or what because the site is filled with faggots like this
>>
>>10833899
This is such a retarded fucking premise to a thread
How about just finding out individual shit you like and getting those instead of trying to fit in to a box of some internet meme "core" shit that shouldn't be taken seriously in the first place
>>
>>10833916
This

dont go to a style, just do what you like and if it falls into a category, thats what people would call it
>>
Wear whatever tf you want. Just do it well.
>>
>>10837164
fuck off this board and kill yourself
>>
File: disgusted-heidegger.png (67KB, 220x248px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted-heidegger.png
67KB, 220x248px
>>10834153
>just be me in future.

lel you dumb fuck that's still not how it works. There's no 'true you' this isn't a female targeted YA novel, ween yourself off the tumblr inspo cunt. Find out two things: your taste and what works on you. Wear whatever intersects. Taste changes quick assuming you're not a culture hating shut-in but what works on you changes too just slower.

Only people who dress well are well read/informed in fashion, or other fashion related things like film/portrait photography, where you find lots of fit inspo. Like you see that wenders doc on yohji? He's getting his shit all from archival books. Chalayan's like that, Takahashi's like that. Goscha's looking at muscovite underageb& but whatever works. You want to dress well? goto a fucking library. Then go thrifting.
The internet is a tool for research so you get a feed from good shit, not your loser peers. People who approach fashion socially are a fucking joke. Style is personal, it's only social as far as wearing is performance and reception is informed by context.

>>10837164
Indie has been dead since before you were 10 you fucking tool

>girls love it
This is true but keeping your dignity can be attractive too
>>
>>10833899
w2c pants?
>>
>>10833899
>>10837941

and boots
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.