[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /fa/ How do I achieve a more robust, rugged, manly look?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: 1105x622_M-Flannel_F15.jpg (225KB, 1105x622px) Image search: [Google]
1105x622_M-Flannel_F15.jpg
225KB, 1105x622px
hey /fa/
How do I achieve a more robust, rugged, manly look? I'm in college and at some point I'm going to have to stop wearing fag shit and start wearing shit that I can wear for the long haul.
Pic related.
>>
maybe you should ask reddit
>>
File: 1414553567121.png (1MB, 1597x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1414553567121.png
1MB, 1597x1200px
implying you'll ever be a man
>>
File: beardfagparty.png (67KB, 968x848px) Image search: [Google]
beardfagparty.png
67KB, 968x848px
Just do what ever other lumbersexual sissy faggot does.
>>
>>10824530
that's the only thing, I want to avoid being a lumbersexual sissy faggot and just be a regular guy. I realize that's hard for /fa/ to do, so sorry if I asked too much.
>>
>>10824545
>that's the only thing, I want to avoid being a lumbersexual sissy faggot

Then the pic you posted was unrelated.
>>
>>10824564
How is the pic posted lumbersexual sissy faggot shit? I don't see any tattoos/undercuts/suspenders/craft beer. This photo isn't even someone's own it's from a outdoor clothing brand's website lmao ya fuckin autist
>>
Start hiking and doing outdoor activities, start lifting (but not too much, like 3 times a week), buy clothes that look aesthetically pleasing but are also functional. Some warm flannels, rugged denim jackets, durable leather boots and crew neck sweaters are a good start. You should try and dress like you don't care.
>>
>>10824600
Thank you
>>
For it to seem authentic, you have to be doing shit where wearing those kinds of clothes is actually practical. Once that's in place, I think you'll find the style easier to pull off.

Do some outdoor activities, go hiking, do arduous shit like that, and you'll naturally get a feel for the kinds of clothes that accompany that lifestyle.

Or, you could walk into a outdoors survival store, buy everything on the shelves and wear it like it belongs on you.
>>
>>10824573
Honestly, I think you're looking in the wrong direction for "masculine" and "outdoorsy" outfits that look mature. You're looking at beards, flannels, jeans etc. when in reality you want to be looking at actual outdoor gear or for inspo look up traditionally masculine men to see what they've worn - and I mean famously masculine like Ernest Hemingway, etc. How old are you and what is your height, weight, and amount of muscularity?
>>
File: Mister_Daniel_Plainview.jpg (245KB, 1400x800px) Image search: [Google]
Mister_Daniel_Plainview.jpg
245KB, 1400x800px
daniel plainview is my goal aesthetics
>>
>>10824620
20, 5'6", 180lb, some muscle
>>
>>10824519
just conduct youself like a man. the hardest lookig dude with the biggest beard and the most tattoos is still a bitch if he acts like a bitch. stand up straight, speak loud and clearly, don't take any shit and act like an adult. then it won't really matter what clothes you're wearing (unless you go full sjw/fag mode)
>>
>>10824519
no logos, no sneakers, tuck your shirt in
>>
>>10824707
Kek!
>>
>>10824707
yike!
>>
File: bear-grylls1.jpg (237KB, 3504x2336px) Image search: [Google]
bear-grylls1.jpg
237KB, 3504x2336px
>>10824519
He makes TV. shill bux, but without a doubt, top tier badass, maintains civility and presentability without being a meme and eats live animals hearts.

just copy what he does.
>>
File: odin.jpg (53KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
odin.jpg
53KB, 640x360px
>>10824899
or you could stop going for "looks" and all other types of faggotry associated with phoney spoon fed identities, and do it the old fashioned way.

Log off all social media, turn you computer and tv off, and find out who you REALLLY become.
>>
>>10824907
I'm going to be forced to try this when my phone gets cut off this month
>>
>>10824907
Imagine truly having to think for your self. From the ground up, the inside out. Would you even know what you "like" or what you "feel" ? Would you know what your real interests even are? Where would your validation come from? What would build your identity? What would your name mean?

Imagine all of your 'social media' was deleted forever, you sold or boxed up and stored your tv, and only used cell phones and computers to maintain business, work, and contact with family and friends, and maybe for shit like GPS or directions or a phone book etc..
>>
I've been told I have a really manly look going on. I worked in the oilfields in Texas out of high school... shit went south as far as the price per barrel goes, and I got hired to work on a ranch and was able to live there, after that I got a job as a welder and here I am. I've been told I have strong facial features, combined with a confidence and how I carry myself knowing I'm a man that knows how to get shit done, plus a decent height I can wear pretty much any basic work wear and make it look better than a guy who just goes to class and then to his retail job and tries to throw on a flannel and some boots.... if that's not who you are then I'm not sure if you can pull it off m8
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.