[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on bowties/suspenders?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

First time posting on /fa/ with just a simple inquiry of opinion.

I've always thought the bow tie/suspender look was kinda neat. But I've noticed the populace I've asked is like 50/50 on it. Either people hate and despise either bow ties or suspenders, or both together, or they love them.

Are bow ties and suspenders just as bad as the fedora?
>>
>>10815152
bowties are trash, suspenders can work but usually don't
>>
>>10815152
I wear bow ties maybe once a week and suspenders quite often.

Suspenders with a plain white shirt and some dickies for that working class 1920s look

I wear bow ties with my suspenders but always try to make it more casual by only doing it with jeans and some converse or boots so it doesn't look too try hard

Sometimes will wear bow ties with a sweater or sweater vest

>make sure you work out, are well groomed, and it's obvious you're going for geek chic or the traditional geeky look other wise you'll probably just come off as a try hard
>>
lurk more, that shit is reddit tier
>>
>>10815152
This is the guy version of visible bra straps; in the right context it could be a clever look. My suggestion would be to wear it under a jacket the first time you go out; if you like it, then let your freak flag fly.
>>
>>10815152
>>10815152
>>>/reddit/
>>>/reddit/
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>10815152
Bowties are for fratbro's, tux events, professors, and genuinely eccentric older people. Suspenders are a hit or miss depending on the fit.

>>10815240
you probably more than likely come off as a tryhard

>>10815283
this
>>
>>10815293
>you probably more than likely come off as a tryhard
I get a lot of smiles and compliments, I enjoy the geek chic thing a lot
>>
>>10815293
Honestly when I was a prep boy and wore bowties all the time vapid normie girls loved that shit unironically. But no one worth talking to was ever the slightest bit entertained. Depends on the crowd you want I guess.

As for wearing them - 100% do not ever buy the clip-on versions of either. People can spot a fake bow tie from a mile away. Get button on suspenders, and get pants without belt loops. Otherwise you look like you're going to a costume party.
>>
>>10815300
>>10815240
I genuinely recommend you to go and stay on mfa
>>
>>10815574
*entertaining

Oops.

If they care about bow ties theyre usually not worth talking to, is what I'm trying to say. It's like girls who run Doctor Who fandom tumblrs and shit.
>>
>>10815152
don't. you could end up looking like that guy
>>
>>10815603
Oh wow I just actually looked at the picture. Comically oversized leather braces holding up low rise pin-stripe pants and a shirt with a fucking 5" placket of exposed selvedge.

You've gone too fucking far, bearded etsy guys who only ever talk about craftsmanship and heritage and IPAs.
>>
>>10815615
where's the exposed selvedge? I thought it was just chambray

pinstripes look dope imo
>>
File: 1451244144249.jpg (907KB, 2400x1968px) Image search: [Google]
1451244144249.jpg
907KB, 2400x1968px
Suspenders under a jacket are fantastic and I'm a big fan of bow-ties, they give off a more fun vibe to a 'professional' look, I guess.
My big advice for suspenders/bow-ties is to not exclusively wear them, make sure you enjoy your solid-colour ties, make sure you appropriately wear flavoured ties (if that's your thing) and definitely do NOT wear these every day of the week.
T. Physicist. (Captcha is implying I don't know what springs are, v.rude)
>>
exclusively for tryhard le quirky faggots or tryhard "classy" faggots
>>
>>10815776
you look like patrick bateman and it's fucking great
>>
fuck no baby
>>
>>10815152
Can work for certain events.
>>
semi-related anyone have that pic of the dweeby dude from some 20s fashion board who made his own "ties"
>>
>>10815776
you look like a hitman and i like it
>>
>suspenders

Make sure you have a dumb fucking pompadour and beard combo and an accompanying artomanliness article to go with them
>>
File: 10045586.jpg (2MB, 1416x4024px) Image search: [Google]
10045586.jpg
2MB, 1416x4024px
I feel like the fashion scene has been trying to bring back suspenders and overalls for years, but it's just not what the people who are going to actually buy and wear their products want; in most places, your 50/50 is a 60/40 with most influential bloggers being in the opposing 60%. Modernism and geometry are much more in vogue. They've seen the retro hipster opening and attempted to cram suspenders, bowties and leather goods in it, causing a general aversion from the people who don't like this movement. So in the end, this style is not exactly effay but rather very thin ice. Do not attempt if you're a 5/10 5'10"
>>
>>10815894
don't lump leather in with this novelty horseshit
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.