[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been looking to cop some black boots, but Doc Martens are a meme,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 448_rlarge.jpg (2MB, 2765x2765px) Image search: [Google]
448_rlarge.jpg
2MB, 2765x2765px
Been looking to cop some black boots, but Doc Martens are a meme, right? What are the best alternatives?
also boot thread
>>
What? Fuck off with this 'x is a meme shit' if you want serious replies...

I'll brush that aside and tell you that Docs are fine. They are superb quality, fit well, comfortable, reasonably priced and look decent. The drawbacks are that they are as common as denim jeans and can take some time to break in depending on which ones you go for. Also, if you have big feet or are short you do not want to get them. I have size 11 and I'd say that about size 10 is starting to push it. They can be very big, clunky and clown looking.
>>
I hate how thick the soles of DMs are.
>>
>>10812428
Oh really? I just hear that a lot for some reason. Thanks for the serious reply then, I'm like a 10.5 but I think I'll still go for my pic related
>>
>>10812462
No worries. I would definitely try them out before you buy them. Black Docs are a staple piece. You should be okay with 10.5 providing you're over 6ft, which I imagine you are.
>>
>>10812419
Same here, looking at 1460 Monos, only $100 on Amazon which sounds great but as >>10812428 said, I really need to try them on first, but have no idea where I could in my area...
>>
What's a pair of boots that can handle rain but also looks good in an office or a night out or just in jeans too? Sub 300 preffered
>>
You seriously stop and say "oh wait its a meme, cant buy" you realize how fucking pathetic that is that you care enough about an online fashion board to make decisions for you? Nobody in the real world is gonna known or care that theyre memes on the internet. Buy them if you want them, holy shit.
>>
>>10812641
this is the problem with people who frequent any forum, they care too much about appeasing the standard of the community when in reality no one gives a shit so you do you
>>
>>10812596
>1460 Monos
i want to cop these so bad. thats a great deal. but fresh looking docs are so god damn ugly my old ones are at the 4 year mark right now and look great.
>>
>>10812695
Can't wait to get mine beaten up when I eventually cop them lol
>>
>>10812695
I thought docs were remarkable because they look great in every state
>>
>>10812641
I'm not him but it's not that they're a meme but rather that here (UK) they're the staple edgy teen boots and they're overused af.
I was in college doing a levels a year ago and all of the cliche girls had them (a fat mess of an emo chick, two basic girls and the other that had bright yellow docs and never changes clothes.
They're jsut overly shit. Get some better boots.
>>
I just bought those in size 10 UK and they are very big and chunky but I'm pretty tall so it's not so bad. The build quality is really good and they look good with virtually anything but beware, you might get blisters like me. But then again I always get blisters from new shoes. I'd say go for it. AFAIK they last for years too.
>>
>>10813019
same in the US. i went to art school and all the edgy girls and boys wore them
>>
>>10812419
Docs are good shoes, but if you want to go a step up go for military surplus combat boots
Similar price range, with a bit more robust build
Of course there's brand differences but it's not complicated
>>
i regret buying mine,
theyre just shit quality these days and unless you're walking in snow they're uncomfortable
>>
thinking about getting these epaulet combat boots
>>
>>10812428
Wear these for work and as part of some outfits, they take one hell of a time to break in (a month or so) but once you do they're comfy af and extremely warm
>>
now they're not for military at all.
the Parmira group is working on them in order to become shows for pretty rich girls, especially in China. Even the quality is worst compared to many years ago, even though you pay a higher price for buying them!
>>
what kind of boots should a manlet wear
>>
>>10813769
they look rad
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.