[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To those of you who do dress well, how was your "transition"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20160107_153856.jpg (132KB, 1080x1319px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160107_153856.jpg
132KB, 1080x1319px
To those of you who do dress well, how was your "transition"? Did people give you weird looks or give you shit when all of a sudden you started wearing designer clothes or standing out from the norm?
>>
Just got more complements a few people said I looked gay but mostly positive
>>
>>10809634
My transition was that I was "experimenting" first with looks, and it looked strange/off and people gave me strange looks.

I guess everyone /fa/ goes thorugh that phase.
>>
I'll let you know when I'm done.
>>
I wish I had gwap to dress like this. By the time I start earning money it's gonna be too late ;..;
>>
People started asking me for opinions on their clothes
>>
I don't dress that well, but I do dress a lot better than before. I get more compliments and people outside tend to try and sell me shit/ask if they can film me for their school project/etc more often.
I've got a long way to go, though.
>>
Always dressed well.
>>
I dress really plainly, somewhat prep but not mydadwillsueyou core, want to get to something closer to OP
wat do
I'm buying my first pair of black boots soon
notice me /fa/
>>
You don't have to wear designer clothes to look good

I started thrifting, thinking about what I like and doing it. People look weird in the beginning, but everyone gets used to it. I've been experimenting with female pieces I use (not frilly dresses etc, things I can wear) and people are a little confused but they get used to it. I even get compliments on it. If you do your own thing for your own sake, people will respect you for it.
>>
>>10809769
i think im going to buy a plaid pleated skirt now
god I want one so bad
>>
Can someone explain to me why OP's clothing is desirable?
>>
>>10809634
No, I was the trend setter through out school
>>
File: fa.jpg (1MB, 6000x2224px) Image search: [Google]
fa.jpg
1MB, 6000x2224px
>>10809773
Hey man, I completely understand.

Been looking at the right skirt for some time and just bought the denim skirt on the left.

I bought some green long wide legged pants too, I fucking love them, they look great too.

So far people are confused at first "why is he challenging the gender wardrobe?" but then most people either give me compliments or simply don't care.
I've not tried wearing a skirt yet, but if I do it right, I think it'll be the same.

I just find the male wardrobe so limited and it bores me. Clothing is about expressing yourself, why should I censor that? I'm glad Jaden Smith became the face of womens wear, I think it'll help people accept a broader wardrobe for males. The same goes for high fashion streetwear, even though I don't like the look of it, it pushes the boundary for most people.

Thoughts? Also pls show me the skirt you had in mind
>>
>>10809821
nah thats weird man
I just meant for lewd stuff, I enjoy cross dressing
>>
>>10809827
It's only weird because people ain't used to it

Well, alright. That works too.
>>
Yeah I get a lot of attention where I go, both me and my gf dress way differently than anyone where we live. I have people stop me and ask where I get things all of the time.
>>
>>10809634
ID on the boots / shoes?
>>
>>10809827
Kek
>>
>>10809785
Op here. That's not me, thats some dude from Instagram. I do like his fit though which is why I used it.
>>
>>10809886
Rick Owens
>>
>>10809785
slib, black, expensive
>>
>>10809785
It isn't to anyone that isn't some try hard autist. It's not accessible at all. I don't get /fa/'s fascination with that TchWear X Ninja shit.
I want to dress like a man, not some faggot wanna-be avantgard fool
>>
>>10809922
>>>/r/mfa
>>
>>10809931
Here's your response manchild
>>
>>10809634
I started out as a scene kid, then i realized how shitty I looked and very slowly transitioned into dressing preppy - which became sort of a defining feature. Then I moved into workwear, and became known as "the kid who always talks about denim," and then I discovered Rick and a couple years later actually started buying real avant garde shit. Now I'm just sort of an everyman of fashion styles, since I've been through a lot of it, and people come to me with questions fairly often. Or mock me for spending the amount of money I do. Both are nice.
>>
>>10809922
>Being this closed minded on a fashion forum

Why are you even here? You know what you're getting in to, don't blame us if we hurt your fragile masculine sensibilities by not wearing suits and talking about beard oil and IPAs.
>>
>>10810003
It just looks ridiculous 95% of the time and is difficult to execute.
Also fuck that beard shit so nice try
>>
>>10810011
You need to put a possessive on that opinion of yours there, friend. We are not responsible for your boxed in view of "good"
>>
>>10810018
>what are opinions
>>
>>10810011
>fuck that beard shit

2/3 ain't bad, man. He's pegged you.
>>
>>10809897
you know teddy used to post here?
>>
>>10809634
No weird looks because, as you said, it's a transition... you buy one peice at a time rather than randomly have a full high fashion outfit out of nowhere (unless you're rich af, of course)
>>
>>10810024
>REE ONLY AUTISTS LIKE THIS
>m-muh opinions
c'mon son
>>
>>10809922
Yeah, it's like he's wearing the most crazy avant garde stuff ever!!!! :-O I don't understand why anyone would wear boots and a leather jacket either!!! I wear a polo shirt, jeans and stans, just like you!! :-)
>>
>>10809922
talk shit post fit
>>
I used to wear only free tech startup tshirts I got from my school's career fairs. Could only go up from there so I got some compliments.
>>
>>10810046
>implying that can't be an opinion
Step it up.
>>
Why do you assume everyone here has been sperglord?

I've always been fashionable.
>>
>>10810223
It's not that it can't be an opinion, it's that it's equivalent to walking into a church and shouting "God isn't real and Jesus was a kiddy diddler" and then acting shocked and defensive when everyone disagrees with you. Requires about the same mental capacity too.
>>
>>10809752
you have to slowly incorporate different pieces into your aesthetic over time, after you get boots add some riskier black clothing to your wardrobe
>>
once people found out how much i spent on my SLP boots, everyone started asking me how much every fucking piece of clothing i own costed. But for the most part people say shit like "why couldn't everyone dress like you" or "you look like a model"
>>
>>10809821
ive seen you post on reddit lmao
>>
>>10810593
Thanks anon, will do.
Probably some jacket next, don't have a single jacket, we'll see
>>
>>10810035
Makes sense it screams attention seeker
>>
I got laughed at and called a faggot. I tried to explain who Rick Owens was and why his clothes are cool but instead some ass hole poured syrup on my geos, every my gf was laughing at me. whatever though, she was stupid, I dumped her, she's now dating the guy that did the whole syrup thing, her loss. Now I have more money to buy some sick RO clothes. Just got to stay away from wherever theres syrup! Lol!
>>
>>10811140
sounds like your confidence does not match your wardrobe if people laugh at you
>>
>>10809634
>dress like shit
>dress like shit
>oh wait now I get it
>dress average
>dress average
>copy fits from pinterest
>toss some old clothes
>dress average but better
>finally figure out colour palette
>dress okay
>dress better
>tweak some things
>wow you look so /fa/ anon
that all took 8 years bc I'm poor btw so it's not like it happens overnight
>>
>>10809922
>>10809931
>>
>>10811563
similar
>dress like shit for entire life
>wait what
>dress pretty normal, kinda prep for 3 years
>what is effay
>start slowly tossing stuff and buying stuff, making better fits with what I got
I'm far from effay but I'm getting there :(
>>
>>10811563
>>10811570
>wore mall-core
>hunted bargains for higher end basics (Acne, Our Legacy, A.P.C., Maison Kitsune)
>Liquidated wardrobe for profit after wearing
>began reselling and flipping
>now wardrobe is comprised of high end stuff (OG LANG, Raf, Rick, Julius, and Undercover)

Took a span of 2 years, and starting capital of 1.5k.
>>
>>10811597
im at the first stage of this but starting with used pieces from undercover and cdg and supplementing with cheap adidas sportswear...hopefully after a while it'll start to look like something instead of just a sperg collage
>>
>>10809634
I just had a rule: when you see a piece of clothing you own, would you want to be seen by your ex in the street wearing it? If not, get rid of it.
>>
>started wearing basic clothes/thrift/streetwear
>dressed ok, not mallcore tier
>start browsing /fa/
>start buying a monochrome wardrobe
>get interested in Acronym
>eventually get less interested since it's super expensive and not that functional
>now I'm more and more interested in tricky ricky stuff and mixing it with more streetwear stuff (kinda like theo desu)

People notice when your style change or when you buy more extravagant clothes but since I live in Paris more or less everyone is interested in fashion (spotted some rafdidas and yeezys in my university).
Only my parents really comment my fits when I visit them.
>>
>>10812096
the hardest part is getting past the hump and having a cohesive wardrobe. Truth be told, I've only just recently started to feel my wardrobe is fleshed out.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.