[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /fa/ think about living a minimalist lifestyle? How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 99281399.png (649KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
99281399.png
649KB, 1024x576px
What does /fa/ think about living a minimalist lifestyle? How long did it take to achieve?
>>
It is impossible in most parts of the west. This term is a fantasy in the modern western world. The only true minimalist are people like bums in India that just shit around and smoke pot, or monks in Asia.
>>
No one cares what fa thinks. Think for yourself /fa/ggot. What do you even think minimalist means? Go homeless. True minimalism right there. Doesn't take long. You were heading down that path already.
>>
>>10792458
Minimalism is dead. Maximalism is coming back. You heard it here first.
>>
>>10792477
like a year ago...
>>
>>10792474
minimalism is sobjective
>>
minimalism in fashion is reddit tier. If youre reddit tier it means u are a beta hipster faggot white knighy literal piece of shit. If I saw you in piblic I would either completely ignore you because you look almost identical to every other reddit cucklord or burst out laughing if your faggotry allows you to actually stand out. Its possible I might even do both. this is not just what I think, its what everyone thinks who isnt a deluded redtard aswell. Just end yourself if this describes you, your friends and family will just replace you with another hipsterfaggotclonemanchild
>>
>>10792611
Wow buddy, that was the most cringy thing I've read in a long time.
>>
>>10792611
heres your (You)
>>
What's more effay than being minimalist is being good at many different things, and if you're doing that, odds are you can't be living a minimalist life style.

Also, minimalism is something you do for other people, living a minimalist lifestyle does nothing for you as a human being. It's probably the most beta thing you could do.
>>
>>10792458
pretty reddit
>>
>>10792640
i like this new maymay
>>
>>10792707
Minimalism is mainly design-oriented lifestyle, it has nothing whatsoever to do with hobbies and you don't "do it for other people" unless you're trying to impress a girl when you're bringing her go your room. But I don't know any girl that would be impressed by well-organized shelves and a clear desk except for grandma.

It's about not not having three shirts of the same color, not hoarding clothes or memorabilia, not leaving dozens of unused apps on your screen and instead rounding them up into their own folder, not keeping around any used things you know you're not going to do anything with, not having sprawled papers and clothes everywhere and having no clue where your car keys are.

Throw out your old shoes, donate the clothes you aren't going to wear (or very seldom), sell your stupid knickknacks, allow yourself more space in your room and in your mind, understand as deeply as you can that quality trumps quantity.

>How long does it take to achieve
I don't know OP, how disorganized are you? When you look at yourself and your surroundings, do you feel anything but calmness and clarity? If so, minimizing will help.
>>
everything I own I can put in two check-in suitcases and move away on a whim

max effay goml
>>
its impossible for me, i've tried to do so when i bought my first house, but i end up buying so many minimalistic design items that things still end up everywhere.
>>
>>10792798
>Throw out your old shoes, donate the clothes you aren't going to wear (or very seldom), sell your stupid knickknacks, allow yourself more space in your room and in your mind, understand as deeply as you can that quality trumps quantity.
when you say it like this, I can understand you a bit more, but not in the sense that quality>quantity, but purely in the idea that having a clear and minimal room/wardrobe/etc leads to a clear mind.
>>
>>10792611
tfw when I created this pasta. Tbh tho redditors are the people who say they are minimalist but still spend like 8 hours a day on the internet.
>>
>>10792474
>muh 'no true scottsman'

I went minimalist about seven years ago.
Had a major bed bug infestation after I let a friend move in.

Kicked his ass out. Packed everything up in plastic bags and taped them closed and put them in the garage. Ripped up the carpeting. Put my fabric furniture and mattresses out to curb and spraypainted red X's on everything. There was literally nothing in my house for months. Walked on the OSB subfloor, got my fair share of slivers until I got in the habit of wearing my soled mocs

I strung a hammock up in the basement to sleep in. Bought a bunch of dryclean bags to hang my laundry in, had three pairs of pants, seven shirts, undies and socks.

After three bug treatments and six months I installed hardwood floors throughout.

I got so used to sitting on the floor to watch tv and eat that I just made a bunch of zafu and zabutan inspired cushions that would be easy to isolate if infestation happened again. In short i took a lot of inspiration from traditional japanese design.

The side effect was that I actually felt better. I was more flexible. I moved more. I loved it.

When mom and dad stayed in town with me for 6 months last year while he was getting cancer treatment they HATED my house.

After 2 or 3 weeks though they both commented how good they felt. My dad said his back wasn't acting up any more and mom said she felt more "spry". When they moved back to their place their couch and sofa got pushed into the corner and they still live on the floor.

I got so used to living without my "stuff" that most of it got donated.
>>
>>10792458
>I'm pathetic
Also, "minimalism" is a fad to encourage westerners to accept poverty for when the ruling elite move to Mars.
>>
>>10792458
While I've always done an annual evaluation of "what useless impulse shit did I buy this year that I don't need" and thrown out/donated/sold what I didn't want, only a few months ago did I realise that I should do that evaluation before I buy shit and keep the physical crap I own to a minimum.
It took me a weekend to sort through my property and sort it. Now I just have some junk laying around waiting for craigslist to pick it up. But my personal space is much neater and I feel good about how streamlined by shit is. I'm less stressed out on a daily basis as well. I think its because I don't really have much to think about in terms of micro-choices. Everything I own has a clear, defined purpose.
>>
>>10792707
No, minimalism is what you do for yourself.

If you're still fairly young you haven't realized yet that most of the things you buy are only to attract others.

When you get 35+ it's a lot easier to maintain a simple lifestyle and you don't have the constant need to impress and fit in.
>>
>>10795405
It's true. Clutter is the worst and the shine usually wears off most things a week or two after you buy them.

Minimalism is the way to go. Most people think it's the opposite because they've been brainwashed to buy buy buy and keep the capitalist machine moving.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.