[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Half my house, like right down middle is suddenly having power

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Half my house, like right down middle is suddenly having power problems. The right side appliances and lights are barely on, and the electronics are turning on and then off. Other side of house is fine along with the overhead lights.

Any idea? I have no experience with electrical work. Ignore the picture.
>>
>>942144

sounds like you have a phase problem. could be a problem on the part of your utility company.. possible failing transformer at your service
>>
>>942147
Second that. The electricity comes into your house on 2 hot wires. One neutral wire goes back to complete the circut. One of the hot wires are not delivering.
Call your power company.
>>
IT'S GHOSTS!!!!! AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!
>>
>>942147

This.

Best diagnostic aside from opening the panel up to test (don't do if you have limited electrical skills) is to check both sides of your service at an electric dryer outlet. Unplug the dryer and check each hot to neutral voltage. Anything more than a few volts difference is a problem and is upstream of the panel breaker. It could be in the panel or service entrance (your problem and $$) or the utilities.

Next best diagnostic: If you have a neighbor fed off the same utility transformer, ask them if they are seeing funny things.

Also: dim lights are a PITA. But if any are getting brighter, you have a neutral problem and could burn out appliances. That needs attention ASAP.
>>
sounds like it may just be a loose screw lug in the panel or meter. if you check these and they look fine and the voltage is good on both sides, then it is in the feedline.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.