[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are these still worthy of existence? Is there a modification

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: getfile.jpg (348KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
getfile.jpg
348KB, 1280x960px
Are these still worthy of existence? Is there a modification one could perform to delay their inevitable perishment?
>>
>>939767
hell I could use one
I would just sell them $10 a piece on CL if you don't need them and they still work
>>
>>939767
I set one up to work as a radio in my room. There's nice aesthetics on some of those, especially when you prefer analog radios to digital ones for that comfy feel. Mine in particular is a Sherwood CRD-90; I can't even find a picture of that online. It makes it feel really personal.
>>
Keep your eyes open for a Phillips DC-777 (DIN style) automobile radio. It's an early 1990's vintage unit. It was one of the rare dashmount radios that was AM/FW & Shortwave.
>>
>>939773
I have no information about the condition of these units, I could get working ones free. The idea is to strengthen the output stage with additional modern tech, maybe add some strange module to control it with a smartphone, adding considerable digital storage. Also, the more stock circuit utilized, the better, and such tomfoolery
>>
The 'ole Blaupunkt (middle) maybe worthwhile - can you get model #? - some of these rock. Others, bottom Blaupunkt, f' example, are shit-tier, the 'Car 300' usually came with a cheap Opel or similar attached, also has the bonus of being security coded - you do have the secruity code number now, dont you?

There some gems in old car stereos, but, a lot of dross as well, desu - most aint worth the bother of cleaning.
>>
yeah clean em up a bit and list em, maybe someone out there is trying to do a factory restoration on a car and you have a crucial head unit

that shits nostalgic
>>
>>939776
This. If you have a cb setup or something they make a nice complement, since it's all made for cars
>>
>>939767
if you hardwire in a 3.5mm jack in then they can still be useful.
>>
>>939767
I, for one, spent hours in a junk yard one day trying to find an old school hifi head unit so that I didn't have to make my (old) car suffer through having some dumb-fuck looking, laser-bright, LED-infested, head unit when everything else on the car was original. You can buy head units which are designed to LOOK "old," but they're designed to look really old, like 40s and 50s, and they're also hundreds of dollars. If you want something straight out of the 80s you have to search junk yard, or maybe OP's stash.

tl;dr put them up on ebay for a couple bucks. Someone might just be looking for one.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.