[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /diy/. I stole a stolen shopping cart out of the ditch the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: IMAG0506.jpg (3MB, 3808x2144px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0506.jpg
3MB, 3808x2144px
Sup /diy/. I stole a stolen shopping cart out of the ditch the other day and i want to motorize itwith an old pushmower engine but because the pto is vertical and the wheels (which will be replaced) are horizontal plus on top of that i need a way to engage the wheels and give it variable power.

Ideas?
>>
>power to the ground
You'll need to either add wheels or replace the rear ones with some kind of axle setup. At the simplest you could have a gear mounted on the axle with a matching worm coming from the engine.

>variable power to the ground
A gearbox of some sort is really your only option without modifying the engine to have some kind of throttle control. A small used tranny could be picked up for relatively cheap at a local junkyard, or a throttle body even cheaper.
>>
>>937145
I hadnt thought of a gearbox or tranny. Ill probably do that thanks for telling me
>>
>>937149
Not a problem. Before you go out and drop $100 on a tranny though, make sure you can fabricate some kind of coupler to connect the two. It should also go without saying that you'll need a manual one unless you're a master at electromechanical wizardry.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1453944630012.jpg (42KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1453944630012.jpg
42KB, 604x453px
Made this senior year. Scavenged most from an old go cart we had. Put a live rear axle in it. No brakes. Throttle control was done with a lever like an airplane. Centrifugal clutch and chain for drive train.

Dangerous and bitching as shit
>>
File: FB_IMG_1453944621099.jpg (45KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1453944621099.jpg
45KB, 604x453px
>>937198
>>
File: Mad-max-3-bigfoot-4.jpg (185KB, 497x329px) Image search: [Google]
Mad-max-3-bigfoot-4.jpg
185KB, 497x329px
>>937198
>>937200

Fuel injected suicide machine. That looks cool as hell. Could use a supercharger.
>>
>>937204
This was over a half decade now at this point. Long before I became a mechanic. These days, I would be tempted, but I wouldn't know where to start back in high school.

Definitely thought about making another one with a V-Twin I got off a generator. Bigger shopping cart, Costco sized? They sell a bunch of high speed suspension and shit I'd love to put on one. Money is tight though, as always
>>
File: IMAG0507.jpg (3MB, 2144x3808px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0507.jpg
3MB, 2144x3808px
OP here, i think ill use this instead
>>
>>937198
>>937200
>no brakes
Why the fuck would you make a gokart with no brakes?
>>
>>937633
Dont boat motors need water to work without burning up?
>>
>>937198
Hell yeah! I love shopping cart go karts.
>>
>>937654
Gotta Go Fast
>>
>>937141
>Hi, I'm OP, and this is Jackass!
>>
>>937141
Hey, Bubbles, happy to see you finally living in a house !
>>
>>937657
Yes, outboards need to operate in water or you'll overheat and blow up that motor. They are still liquid cooled, either by lake water or by a garden hose adapter.
>>
>>937200
I like how if you crash into something head on that the front assembly will fly back and tear your head off.
>>
>>937654
It's called a GO-kart, not a STOP-kart, mate.
>>
File: stormin.jpg (153KB, 550x420px) Image search: [Google]
stormin.jpg
153KB, 550x420px
>>937200
sick anon thats some little rascals shit
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
This entire thread. I don't know whether to be terrified or inspired. I even have a Walmart closing near me I could get a cart from.
>>
>>937633
>>937141
you have 2 problems,
First pushmower engines do not like running without a blade on them because they have aluminum flywheels and use the blade weight
Second outboard motors need water cooling.
Water cooling is an easier problem to solve though
>>
>>937654
This one time.... In highschool. I got a gokart. Was gay blue in color. Was working out the kinks and had a friend who was standing on the back working throttle control. And i was steering. No brakes. He stopped to talk to some girls from school... And the throttle raddled open the thing took off at full speed. The scariest part was there was some jackass at a stop sign at the bottom of a hill that was just sitting there (was in a neighborhood) anyways... Yeah was fun and it finally rattled itself closed.
>>
>>939963
Yeah i was thinking about connecting it to a radiator from an old ac unit.
>>
>>939939
Get a couple if you can; if you're crafty with the metal you can end up with a minibike or go kart.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.