[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sewage problem in my house

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: sewage.png (335KB, 752x454px) Image search: [Google]
sewage.png
335KB, 752x454px
Hello, /diy/.
I need your advice.
This rough sketch in picrelated depicts a drain system in my house.
Figures 1 and 3 are maintenance pit with a hatch to the main shitpipe leading to the communal system.
Figure 2 point to the water level and a rusted-out hole beneath the maintenance hatch. Shit water doesn't come out of the hole, but the stench.
The only way to repair it is to replace the rusty maintenance hatch piece, but i can't afford it and welding is out of option, as it is completely rusted.

I searched for a provisional solution to keep the stench out of the house - one of my neighbours told me that to filling the maintenance pit with bucket of water would be a good idea.
What do you think about this - it is actually meant to balance the water level and isolate the shit from the air, but wouldn't it just fill the maintenance pit with shit diluted water and eventually push it upwards, filling my basement room with floating turds?
>>
>>935070
your drawing is shit, post a picture
>>
>>935070
If its a sewage manhole in your basement you need a double sealing hatch otherwise poisonous poo gas will kill you in your sleep. Seriously.
There shouldn't be anything shit in the pipe. If there is a trap that has backed up or emptied washing it out might help
>>
>>935070
how big is the diameter of of the rusted hatch? Would a 5 gallon bucket cover it?
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.