[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to build a portable grill out of this canister, what's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 230_181717_max.jpg (106KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
230_181717_max.jpg
106KB, 650x650px
I want to build a portable grill out of this canister, what's the best technique to make a perfect straight horizontal cut a couple inches above the solder?
>>
>>933147
chuck that bad boy in a lathe and use a parting tool

or

place it on a level surface
fasten a marker on a combination square at the height you need
draw your line all around
>>
>>933150
I don't have access to a lathe, but the combination square seems like a good idea
>>
>>933147
Put a lot of extra weight on a guillotine
Wouldn't hurt to add some extra height as well
>>
9" angle grinder
>>
>>933147
If I were doing that project myself, I would take a ruler and sharpie, and mark the desired distance from the weld at several spots around the tank. Then, using a ribbonlike strip of material (I'd use a thin strip of metal, but heavy paper, card stock, or plastic would work so long as it's wide enough to avoid flexing the wrong way), loop it around the tank on the marks and trace the line. Then cut with an angle grinder (cutting wheel). Make a careful, slow, shallow score along the line first before cutting through to help prevent wobbles. Then use an angle grinder (flat disk sander) to flatten out any uneven spots and deburr the edge.

The combination square technique would work, but this will give a nicer line. With a cutting wheel, a nice line can make a big difference to the quality of the cut.
>>
>>933147
Those helium containers are thin as fuck. You'll be lucky if you get a couple of uses out of it.
>>
>>933533
This is precisely how I cut the tops off water heater tanks for conversion into furnaces and 44 gallon drums for planters/fire tubs. Get into it OP.

> using a ribbonlike strip of material.
I keep a few lengths of packing tape around for this. Also great for marking lines around PVC pipes and pine logs (or anything round of a decent diameter for that matter)
>>
Just use an angle grinder
>>
>>933547
It's just too simple for some.
>>
I jigsaw with a metal blade can cut this just as easy those tanks arent that thick. just draw an even line around the tank, plunge cut the first hole then follow it with the jigsaw carefully. grind and sand edges smooth. done deal
>>
>>933594
i use a angle grinder + cutting wheel to make the slit for the blade then use a jigsaw
>>
>>933558
Looks like she's got two sets of breasts.
>>
>>933604
think she's got quadruplets?
>>
>>933603
>use an angle grinder to start a cut for a jig saw

I drive my car to the bus station every morning.
>>
>>933618
my friends dad used to do that, well train station

>select all images with trains
>>
>>933147
what you need is glorious Nipponese katana, a sure eye and a steady strike.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.