[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bass Cabinet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: Jack12ZolkoW.jpg (34KB, 365x363px) Image search: [Google]
Jack12ZolkoW.jpg
34KB, 365x363px
Hello dear people of /dyi/ first post here and I have some question for ya. I'm planning to build a Bass Cabinet with a 15" driver and 2 10" or 12". I was wondering if someone here could give me some advices on wich speaker chose. It needs to equal the power of the one of my guitarist, based on my estimation, he is at 106dB. Any advice? Thank you!
>>
You'll get way better information on talkbass than here.
>>
>>931379
Oh sure, I totally forgot about that one! Thanks!
>>
>>931379
>talkbass
>good information
Nah I don't think so.

Trash talk aside, speaker choice doesn't matter too much if you don't have a power amp section that'll push them. Generally people say the higher the limit is the less efficient a speaker is. So, a 75w peak speaker will be less efficient(so not as loud) as a speaker with a peak of 50w.

There's no definitive answer on this, because it all comes down to how an individual perceives sound. You'll get people that argue that there's not much of a difference between a 50 watt and 100 watt head, roughly 3db, but then you'll get the immediate response that 3db will make the amp sound 2 times louder because of the way that extra 3db is perceived.

Usually, the more speakers you have the louder it'll sound.

You can get data sheets for just about any electrical component, even speakers. Check out eminence, celestion, warehouse, and any other speaker manufacturer you can find and look at the data sheets for their bass speakers.

For what you're asking look specifically for the SPLs of any speaker. Also, impedance of the cab is important. Find out what your head is rated for on the output, 3 speakers presents a problem that it may be hard to match the cab impedance to output impedance.

Let's say your output is rated for 8ohms.

You'll need a 16 ohm speaker and 2 8 ohms.

Wire the 2 8s in series to get 16 ohms.

Now you have 2 16 ohm loads.

Wire those in parallel, it'll cut the impedance in half giving you a total of 8 ohms.

It won't be so easy if you're rated for 16 ohms, but it's possible.

Try this first, adjusting your eq. Don't adjust it to sound good by itself, adjust it to sound good with your guitar player, it's possible you can't be heard because he's stepping on top of you.
>>
Ok, I'm just checking Talkbass for I formation already there and well established I'm doing the rest myself only and will see on the go. I think my head is 8 or 4 Ohm can't remember will check when I see it (it isn't at my house), but I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it. I love this head and the sound of my Hughes and Kettner combo but it isn't enough for me to play with my guitarist. So will see, but first I build that cab!
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.