[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arduino-unlocked door

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1387428275708.jpg (372KB, 1600x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1387428275708.jpg
372KB, 1600x1400px
Situation:
I want to use an arduino to have my dorm room open with my phone and/or a keypad

Problem:
I can't change anything that I can't change back

What would be the best way to have the door open from the inside (mechanically) that would be easy to put back afterwards and that wouldn't ruin my door's ability to open with a key? I can deal with the actual programming etc easily, but the actual mechanism has me scratching my head as to what the best method would be.
>>
>>930410
Get a towel rail that you hang over the door
Some rope, tape it to the handle. The tape won't hold but wrap the rope around and around and around until pulling the type pulls the latch. Rope goes over a pulley on the towel hanger. Other end of rope tie it to a paint can and fill with sand or bolts until its a decent counterweight.
Drive pulley with motor indirectly, use a rubber wheel as a friction drive or a belt and pulley to turn the main pulley.

Ps you are a raging faggot for doing this
>>
>>930410
Add a second electric/solenoid/magnetic lock to your door. Leave the original lock unlocked at all times.
>>
>>930410
thats a bullshit image, the 2 inner circles are not the same
>>
>>930437
DINGDINGDINGDING we have a winner!
>>
>>930437
The whole image is bullshit m8
>>
>>930410
This is literally what you're looking for.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Secret-Knock-Detecting-Door-Lock/
>>
>>930482
The thing is, it needs to drive the fairly heavy interior handle. There's no lock button, it just auto locks (and I want to be able to open it normally, so I don't want to cover the entire knob)

The reason I want to do this is because I'm incredibly forgetful of my keys (pretty bad adhd) and getting the door unlocked is a walk across campus + 50 bucks.
>>930423
The door is a knob, not a handle.

>>930434
This is a good idea but the lock can't remain unlocked, it automatically locks and the only way to open it is with the key or by opening it from the other side. Also, I can't install the hardware for a new lock in a dorm room.
>>
>>930410
The answer here is. Unhang the orginal door and put in storage. And hang your own store bought door and put all your electronics in it. Honey comb style doors will be easiest for a retard like yourself.

\thread cause my idea is just that good. Any further questions instead of shitposting up a slow board with dumb questions. Head to /ohm/
>>
>>930738
>remove the door from your dorm room
There's an idiot here but it isn't OP.
>>
>>930437
the bottom left part is correct though.
must just be your computer formatting issue or something
>>
>>930735
>I'm incredibly forgetful of my keys (pretty bad adhd)
Just tether them to yourself, like everyone else.
Most people use pockets, lanyards, carabiners; I know others that use hk clips, alice clips, mash rings. There are a hundreds of solutions here.

Also, you fucked up by not providing pictures. Images of the following would have been helpful:
door (interior / exterior)
knob closeup (interior / exterior)
edge of the door (showing deadbolt, latch bolt)
>>
put a spare key in your wallet
>>
>>930738
OP is a faggot for wanting to do this to his dorm for the reasons he specified, but it would actually be kind of cool in a roommate situation, especially for pets.

Put a small motor and rubber wheel on the bottom opposite the hinge, touching the floor. spin it one way to close, other way to open. Solenoid latches and unlatches door, NFC reader + tags on your pet's collars.

NFC found = open x amount for y time, close again.
>>
arduino dorm door lock
i think your virginity is safe for the next 10 years
>>
>>930480
I think the top left one may be true. I can't quite tell. but that one is actually a real effect. I have no idea what the two tables illusion is alluding to, however.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.