[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my guitar fell today and it sort of cracked. Is there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
So my guitar fell today and it sort of cracked. Is there any way to fix it?
>>
You can try epoxy and sanding/refinishing however if ther is any separation of the body and sides then you will need to secure this. My suggestion is if the guitar is worth more ham 1000 just take it to a licensed luthor. Otherwise ou will probably just fuck it up
>>
>>928542
It just cracked on there and part of it chipped
>>
Leave it alone. It adds character.
>>
If the internal bracing is fine, you can get away with filling it with similar colored wood chips, epoxy it, and sand it.
>>
>>928540
From what I have read about this, you need to put some glue on the two pieces, and clamp them together before refinishing with some epoxy.

Sorry for doing this, but I also have an acoustic guitar repair related question. My guitar's bridge cracked into two pieces, right where the saddle is held in place. I already know how to replace it since I read some tutorials and watched some videos, but what I need to know is if I can get any bridge or do I need to get a specific one.
>>
>>928582
This. No reason to go to extra trouble.
>>
>>928544
why did you remove the chips

>>929107
In this case the epoxy would not just be the finish, it would fill the gaps and stabilize the wood.
>>
>>929107
Most acoustic 6 strings will do, try to get it as close as possible to the old one. Just make sure the strings are the same length with the new bridge. (from nut to saddle)
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.