[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /diy/, I have an idea for a sliding polycarbonate window

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Hello /diy/, I have an idea for a sliding polycarbonate window I want to make. Its a 4'x2' window that needs to slide along a track which makes about a 90 degree bend. The bend is along the 4' wide part of the window. How thin does the polycarbonate have to be to be flexible enough for this, how tight can the radius be, and will it even work?
If someone could point me to the appropriate spec sheet for polycarbonate that would be helpful, but I haven't been able to find anything relevant to what I need to know
>>
>>927299
anything thin enough to bend even at a large radius wouldn't make much of a window.
does it need to act like a window on the bend?
what about a round track and sectional window?
like a sectional garage door turned on its side?
>>
>>927351
THis guy has a good idea.

Like a wooden rolltop desk, but with segments of of plexi and tape.
>>
>>927351
I'd rather not have sections of it. The application is a rear window on a soft top jeep wrangler, to replace the vinyl + zipper design with something more rigid that will slide up underneath the roof. It doesn't have to be thick, but it cant be just a film of plastic either.
>>
>>927299
I would use Mylar for something like that. 0,4mm is quite flexible, but i don't know if it makes a good window for a jeep.
>>
>>927299
yeah, and it's not just >>927351, it also needs to bend back straight. if you don't want sections, the only thing I can suggest is make it ridgid, so either have it slide UP instead of along the track, Or have a hinged swing out.
Or I guess have some space in the back, so you have a constant curve to the window and it slides into the back area? Like curved shower doors do? yeah, terrible idea, nvm.

basically, anything firm enough to not basically be this, >>927379 wouldn't do >>927299.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.